Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I take it the comparisons to D2 were on purpose?

they always are, D2 (and D1) are the blueprint for POE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I found the portal to him but didn't realize I needed to save up the crap talismans I had up to that point, so I just skipped it for now. I take it I put in the five of a tier, open a portal to Old Tristram, and fight Rigwald the Blacksmith? Why does the rarity of the talismans matter?

Yeah, save every talisman you find. It takes at least 125 tier 1 talismans to get to Rigwald (probably more since you will often get duplicate bases, and each time you load up a stone circle you need 5 different bases of the same tier).

Rarity of the higher tier talisman is determined by a random one of the lower tier talismans you put in (i.e. if you put 1 rare and 4 whites, you have a 20% chance to get a rare back). Rarity of the tier 1s that drop from monsters in the wild are randomly determined when the zone is created.

The way I've been doing it is running blue and white talismans together just to tier up to fight Rigwald, and trading up rares together (5 rares at a time). If you get any unique talismans, run them with your whites/blues to try for a chance at higher tier unique talismans.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Ultima66 posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with dying and learning about the oneshots. A lot of bosses have them and they're all very choreographed. You will see more of them in the future with more content expansions. For reference:

-Brutus ground slam (most characters can survive Brutus in A1 at the point they reach him in all 3 difficulties, but the map one can easily oneshot you when you first reach lvl 68 maps)
-Vaal ground slam
-Kole ground slam
-Dominus Touch of God
-Voll ground slam
-The Burning Man death explosion
-Malachai dive under the ground and reemerge explosion (this one is actually not very obvious that it's a oneshot explosion move when you first see it)
-Atziri double Flameblast
-One of the Redblade bosses fire explosion (you will probably never see this because of Warbands no longer normally spawning)
-Primordius ground slam (giant bear that shoots fireballs, one of the t3 talisman bosses)

These all have long windups and no matter how tanky you are you shouldn't expect to survive them. Just learn the windup animations and dodge. You might be able to survive some of these in normal content with a really tanky character but you shouldn't expect to just tank them and the map versions of the bosses will not be tankable. There's also probably plenty more I missed, oneshots with long windups are just a thing the game expects you to adapt to.
Torture Chamber Boss laser is not exactly a oneshot, but it can serve as that given the shock ground.

... I just died to it :(

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I had the most heartbreaking rip last night. I ran a tier 8 hoping to get some better map drops, got a few tier 9 and tier 7 maps and an Oba's Cursed Trove. Cleared the map and was going to do the Vorici mission i skipped over. As I was quickly using Whirling Blades to get across the map, I hit a wall, presumably got shocked by Minara and guard Ethereal Knives'd to death from 5khp. Went to standard and killed Atziri deathless just to really rub salt in that wound.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
Generic question about this dual fire totem build in hardcore: How, if at all, would I tailor that build to harcore? There are a ton of defensive nodes I could pick up likc %max health, block %, armor%, life regen, but I don't know how much damage would be reasonable to give up in return for survivability. I'm playing self-found in the talisman leage if that matters

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I just realized that I've been using Molten Strike as my single target attack for 2 whole difficulties and don't really know why. What are the pros and cons of the various single target melee attacks?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

dis astranagant posted:

I just realized that I've been using Molten Strike as my single target attack for 2 whole difficulties and don't really know why. What are the pros and cons of the various single target melee attacks?

Molten Strike with conc effect in a five/six link is actually one of the best.
Heavy Strike/Double Strike are about on par with eachother.
Infernal Blow is weaker, both due to lower damage effectiveness and the conversion to fire damage.

J
Jun 10, 2001

There's nothing wrong with molten strike. As far as melee builds go, some builds use a single target skill, others don't and just use their aoe ability to kill everything. It just depends on the build and what gear you have. Depending on how you link it, molten strike can do both. One thing to consider is that if you're not using a 2handed weapon you're only going to have one 5 or 6 linked skill to use, which is typically going to be your aoe ability. A 4 linked single target skill may or may not be worth using at that point, it just depends.

For pros and cons, as a general rule in path of exile, enemies don't really have that much armor. Physical damage is very effective across the board as a result. On the other hand, bosses and elite monsters are often very elementally resistant. Any melee skill that converts a percentage of its physical damage into elemental will find that the elemental portion of the skill does significantly less damage against those enemies. Melee builds often won't be using the -resistance curses, or a penetration support gem to reduce the target's resistances. They're focused on scaling physical damage instead.

Other things to consider are just the "feel" of the skill and how it plays. Heavy strike does all physical damage, but it knocks the target back, which is annoying and wastes time having to step forward to attack again. Mess around with various skills and see how they play. Melee skills are way more dependent on gear than the level of the gem.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

In my particular case I'm mostly interested in something I can slap bosses with that'll kill them faster than Ice Crash. I'm using 2h weapons but I'm not really rich enough to try for more than 4l for the time being.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Vaal Lightning Strike - Multistrike - pick 2 other supports (WED, Increased Duration, Phys to Lightning, Lightning Pen).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2xY71dIzz0

Not nearly enough people use this gem.

E: Lvl 18 Vaal Lightning Strike does 120% weapon attack as base damage, and shoots 10 bolts for 60% each. This is 720% of weapon damage in one swing unsupported, can store 3 charges that all stack on top of each other. Add that to the multiplicative damage increases of Multistrike and other supports, add on the ability to shock if you're critting or have a node that allows shock, and the effects of any duration increases scaling up the number of bolts. If you don't need more than 3 VLSes to kill a boss, it does like quadruple the damage of any single target setup on a non-Vaal skill.

Ultima66 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jan 15, 2016

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

A while ago, I posted a video of me running Dried Lake with my goofy 2H Molten Strike build in 2.0. When 2.1 came around, I decided to make some changes to it based on what I'd learned, and then make a new video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWav4p_-tZo

You can see some very long-winded notes in the description of that video, but the short of it is, 1. Blasphemy owns, 2. I was wrong about Leap Slam, it does not suck and I'm sorry, 3. Maces probably not the best choice? Maybe even the worst choice? The stun reduction isn't enough to stun bosses, and also not enough attack speed. Attack speed is king. And also, can you use totems with CWDT? I feel like Flame Totem might be better than Ball Lightning here for blinding things.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

A while ago, I posted a video of me running Dried Lake with my goofy 2H Molten Strike build in 2.0. When 2.1 came around, I decided to make some changes to it based on what I'd learned, and then make a new video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWav4p_-tZo

You can see some very long-winded notes in the description of that video, but the short of it is, 1. Blasphemy owns, 2. I was wrong about Leap Slam, it does not suck and I'm sorry, 3. Maces probably not the best choice? Maybe even the worst choice? The stun reduction isn't enough to stun bosses, and also not enough attack speed. Attack speed is king. And also, can you use totems with CWDT? I feel like Flame Totem might be better than Ball Lightning here for blinding things.

Totems do not work with trigger gems anymore.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Bugsy posted:

Totems do not work with trigger gems anymore.
That's what I thought. I remember reading something about it being broken with aura totems or something. (Hey GGG, maybe just make it not work with those? Or make aura totems not a thing, because they're loving garbage? Yes, I would love to spend 100% of my mana to gain an aura for 8 seconds.)

Not as bad as totems not being able to curse on hit, though. Just... why? Minions I can understand, you could have them curse things all day, but totems have limited durations and can't move. I guess you could make Blasphemy totems... if you're willing to spend 70% of your mana... :shrug:

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
I wouldn't be surprised if they added an explicit Aura Totem support gem some time in the future with something like "+10% reserved mana" instead of it being a multiplier. I mean they ended up making Blasphemy so why not at this point right?

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Im approaching act three merciless and am about 64. I have no experience in the endgame.

Is it realistic for me to complete the challenges to get the gear in this league at this point if I only play a few hours every other night during the week and maybe 8-10 hours on the weekend?

My first character is following a triple totem, magic find oriented build that according to the guide i'm following should be able to do up to t8 maps before having to transition into a full on group magic find culler.

I just have no context for this stuff as I said its my first dude to get to the endgame.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Ada posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they added an explicit Aura Totem support gem some time in the future with something like "+10% reserved mana" instead of it being a multiplier. I mean they ended up making Blasphemy so why not at this point right?

They already did, it's this thing. Stacking it with Reduced Mana and passive nodes, AFAIK you can reduce the mana cost of aura totems to zero.

GarudaPrime posted:

Im approaching act three merciless and am about 64. I have no experience in the endgame.

Is it realistic for me to complete the challenges to get the gear in this league at this point if I only play a few hours every other night during the week and maybe 8-10 hours on the weekend?

My first character is following a triple totem, magic find oriented build that according to the guide i'm following should be able to do up to t8 maps before having to transition into a full on group magic find culler.

I just have no context for this stuff as I said its my first dude to get to the endgame.

You need to lurk in the global channels for challenge completion. /global 820 is good for levelling Zana, swapping exiles, and getting unique/twinned maps.

You can probably write off the identify-all-these-items challenges as uncompleteable without more commitment, unless a you get a mirror drop or something.

ronya fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jan 15, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

GarudaPrime posted:

14 challenges (helm and gloves) is realistic if you make it to maps, 21 (body) is very hard (only the top 8% have completed them), 28 (head) is for pros only and 32 (biggest triumph column) for groups of pros.

the difficulty spike from 14 to 21 is so steep I stopped caring (for example to get all 4 Rigwald uniques you need to run at least 250+ tier 8+ maps and 125+ tier 13+ maps and get lucky with your unique drops)

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

The Real Foogla posted:

(for example to get all 4 Rigwald uniques you need to run at least 250+ tier 8+ maps and 125+ tier 13+ maps and get lucky with your unique drops)

You're not wrong that the 4 Rigwald uniques is one of the most time consuming, if you're not buying them. But it's not one you should do yourself unless you're going for 28.

You're way off on the numbers however.

Level 80 Rigwald is challenge of it's own, but you can get a large part of the talismans you'll need for that from tier 9+, since talismans drop quite often at +2 and with some basic math, or by using the "spreadsheet" which is just a formula that calculates a simple weighted average of the 5 ilvls you put in, you can use a large amount of ilvl 78 and 79 talismans and still end up with a lvl 80 Rigwald instance.

In the same vein, I got most of the talismans I have used to summon level 75 Rigwald 5 times so far from tier 6 maps.

And I certainly get more than 1 talisman per map.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I consider myself a mostly casual player. I might be online a lot but half of the time I'm just dicking around looking at things or working on another screen. I have 21 challenges completed, and I think I can get to 28 without pulling my hair out too much.

EASY TIER:

Kill Normal Act Bosses - You can do this on Cruel or Merciless and get credit
Master Craft These Item Types - Just craft as per usual, or just save a chaos recipe set and craft some cheap junk on it
Use These Rare Talismans - Just summon some stuff
Kill These Cruel Act Bosses - Same as normal mode - doing it on higher difficulty completes it
Level These Masters - Just play the game as usual, really
Kill Unique Monsters in Cruel - Wiki is your friend to find the missing ones
Use These Currency Items - Play the game, basically
Use Talismans at Stone Circles - A unique nights hold is a chaos if you simply must have it quickly
Kill These Merciless Act Bosses - Merciless Malachai might be hard for your build, just go back at like level 80 if that's the case
Complete Merciless Quests - Easy
Full Clear - Vaal Side Areas - Throw a sacrifice fragment into the map generator with no other items to make a vaal side area
A Coveted Prize - You'll probably encounter this normally, but if you want to actively farm it go do Fetid Pool or any other small area you can reset that has a unique boss
Create Hideouts of These Sizes - Just play the game, getting from 7->8 is the motherfucker

MEDIUM TIER

Claim These Talismans - RNG can be a motherfucker, just keep running talismans
Kill Bosses With Talismans - Same thing, just keep running em
Unnatural Influences - Two ghosts in one thing can be annoying, but I've encountered it a half dozen times at this point
Kill Exiles With Talismans - RNG again, mostly. Just keep at it or run maps with +2 exiles
The Explorer's Folly - Just run dried lakes until you get a Carto box
Kill Rigwald - Either tag along someone's run or do it yourself. Not super time consuming, and if you wanted a shortcut you can get low ilevel T3 white/blue talismans from trade
Full Clear: Twinned Maps - Just tag along with someone on T10+ if you can't do it yourself. I just need to do T14/15 which I will probably do this weekend
Enter These Unique Maps - You can tag along with someone or do it yourself. You just need to enter, not clear.

HARD TIER

Complete These Encounters - Ever kill Atziri? I didn't before this league!
Kill Level 80+ Rigwald - Best to just tag along with someone on this, summoning an 80 Rigwald is a motherfucker
Kill These Unique Map Bosses - Most are annoying bosses or high level ones
Reach Level 90 - My highest character has been 88. My current one is 85
Kill the Avatar of Thunder - Gotta get there, first
Redeem Sets of Divination Cards - Either a lot of farming or a lot of poe.trade squatting is in your future!

MOTHERFUCKER TIER

Identify New Unique Items - Hooooooly loving moses
Identify Rigwald's Uniques - Yeah gently caress you too, buddy
Identify These Uniques - RNG like a motherfucker, or you need serious cash
Fully Level Zana - gently caress you

Fortunately, the hat looks like garbage so you only need 21 probably!

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
You left out one Hard/Motherfucker, the vendor recipes one.

http://www.web-layers.net/poe/

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Hamburger Test posted:

You left out one Hard/Motherfucker, the vendor recipes one.

http://www.web-layers.net/poe/

Oh, yeah. That one is under hard probably.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah lemme just vendor this Soultaker :smithicide:

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
If you do full Zana rotations every day (i.e., 5+2.5 mission exp), it'll "only" take three weeks to level her from 7 to 8.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The twinned maps one purely depends on how willing to pay for a clear you are. Most people will have a really hard time both getting a T15 map and even harder time killing double Koam/Daresso. Killing normal Atziri is far easier than a t15 map boss for most builds. Also you put the kill specific map bosses as hard tier when you need to be able to kill them anyways for the twinned maps.

I'd say twinned is hard tier and complete encounters is medium tier. Redeem Divination Cards is a tough one, you're looking at 2-4ex each to do the 11 and 12 card ones. Most of the other ones have a "cheap" option, but still going to cost you a decent amount overall. From what I can tell, the Identify These Uniques one will cost you about 1-2ex per item if you resell the item afterwards, so similar cost to the divination cards.

Identify New Unique Items is easily the most expensive one, with several of them being rare enough you'll likely never find it yourself and costing several exalts to buy but then only worth 1c afterwards.

EDIT: Yea, vendor recipes is pretty rough. Soul Taker is 2.5ex, feast+faminebind is like .75ex, Goddess Bound is 25c, and Vinktar is roughly 2ex total though you can get most of that back if you sell the map or clear it for the challenge and sell the flask.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 15, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Just do the div card challenge for your hard one. I did it and it cost me about 6 ex and I made 2ex back selling the 6link body I got from cards.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I got in on The Retch before people realized what was going on. Made it for a cool 3 chaos. Then I got a faminebind drop and sold it for an even nicer 30 chaos.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
This is very specific information, so may not be helpful to anyone else, but I figured I'd post it.

I'm doing an Ice Crash build, and pondering my link options.

I currently have a 5L I can use. The first four choices are pretty obvious: Ice Crash, Melee Physical Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, and Increased AoE.
These are all pretty much "must-have" choices as far as I can tell.

I was trying to decide between Added Fire Damage and Cold Penetration for the fifth link. Doing a bit of rough math, and considering that I'm also running Hatred, it looks like Cold Penetration will add anywhere from slightly more to much, much more damage, depending on how much Cold Resistance the mob has (with more resistant mobs resulting in much more damage added). If you're not running Hatred, however, Cold Penetration only adds more damage if you're attacking a mob with high cold resistance.

I don't see Cold Penetration advocated much in Ice Crash guides (probably because it doesn't give you those sweet tooltip dps numbers) so I figured I'd mention what I found.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

A lot of guides are pretty bad. Added Fire is generally not a very good gem because it does not scale with Hatred or Herald of Ash which everyone uses.

There's a good chance Faster Attacks is one of the most efficient links, and I don't personally feel like Increased AoE is mandatory on Ice Crash but that's up to personal preference.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
Has anyone used 3rd party programs to alter/remove annoying particles from spells (specifically Discharge)?

I'm working on a Fakener, but the Discharge effects are super bright and incredibly rough on the eyes. Not to mention framerate issues.

It's my understanding that 3rd party programs are against the rules, but would they really ban you for making it so you don't have a seizure from playing?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

ImsaKidd posted:

Has anyone used 3rd party programs to alter/remove annoying particles from spells (specifically Discharge)?

I'm working on a Fakener, but the Discharge effects are super bright and incredibly rough on the eyes. Not to mention framerate issues.

It's my understanding that 3rd party programs are against the rules, but would they really ban you for making it so you don't have a seizure from playing?

They do ban for the program that does that unfortunately.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

ImsaKidd posted:

It's easier to be consistent and say 'all third party programs that read memory/modify data files are banned' than to handle it on a case-by-case basis.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Tykero posted:

This is very specific information, so may not be helpful to anyone else, but I figured I'd post it.

I'm doing an Ice Crash build, and pondering my link options.

I currently have a 5L I can use. The first four choices are pretty obvious: Ice Crash, Melee Physical Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, and Increased AoE.
These are all pretty much "must-have" choices as far as I can tell.

I was trying to decide between Added Fire Damage and Cold Penetration for the fifth link. Doing a bit of rough math, and considering that I'm also running Hatred, it looks like Cold Penetration will add anywhere from slightly more to much, much more damage, depending on how much Cold Resistance the mob has (with more resistant mobs resulting in much more damage added). If you're not running Hatred, however, Cold Penetration only adds more damage if you're attacking a mob with high cold resistance.

I don't see Cold Penetration advocated much in Ice Crash guides (probably because it doesn't give you those sweet tooltip dps numbers) so I figured I'd mention what I found.

It's always a good idea to try stuff out and see how it is, even if no guides ever mention it. Run over to dried lake and use voll as a punching bag and experiment with different gem setups and see how they feel. That said, I feel like melee phys, weapon elemental damage, and faster attacks would be my first 3 links for ice crash. From there, I don't mind the blue slot for increased aoe, because you can also carry around a concentrated effect gem and swap it in for bosses, or for maps that have lots of narrow hallways like crypt where aoe isn't needed. Should you get a 6th link, a red socket would let you swap between life leech for reflect maps, fortify for general survivability, or added fire damage if you just wanted more damage. Although I agree with ultima that added fire isn't a very good gem, but having the socket be red so you can swap in life leech or fortify as needed is the more important part. You might even argue that instead of the blue socket as the 5th link, you could make the red socket as the 5th link.

All of those gems are great options - which one to drop for cold pen? I really don't want to drop any of those for cold pen. You could swap cold pen in place of faster attacks on the fly, I suppose. I personally don't think that's worth it, but I'm just going off gut feeling, I don't have math to back it up. But again - don't take my word for it. Test things out.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

megalodong posted:

They do ban for the program that does that unfortunately.

Interesting, all I could find was people asking if they'd get banned, but nobody saying they were actually banned. Guess I need to deal with it or just roll a new character....

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

J posted:

It's always a good idea to try stuff out and see how it is, even if no guides ever mention it. Run over to dried lake and use voll as a punching bag and experiment with different gem setups and see how they feel. That said, I feel like melee phys, weapon elemental damage, and faster attacks would be my first 3 links for ice crash. From there, I don't mind the blue slot for increased aoe, because you can also carry around a concentrated effect gem and swap it in for bosses, or for maps that have lots of narrow hallways like crypt where aoe isn't needed. Should you get a 6th link, a red socket would let you swap between life leech for reflect maps, fortify for general survivability, or added fire damage if you just wanted more damage. Although I agree with ultima that added fire isn't a very good gem, but having the socket be red so you can swap in life leech or fortify as needed is the more important part. You might even argue that instead of the blue socket as the 5th link, you could make the red socket as the 5th link.

All of those gems are great options - which one to drop for cold pen? I really don't want to drop any of those for cold pen. You could swap cold pen in place of faster attacks on the fly, I suppose. I personally don't think that's worth it, but I'm just going off gut feeling, I don't have math to back it up. But again - don't take my word for it. Test things out.

I've got Fortify on Leap Slam, and get enough leech from the duelist attack leech cluster and Blood Rage that I don't feel like leech is much of an issue. I use Inc AoE because of the damage falloff issue, but maybe I can consider changing it to something else. Definitely need to consider Faster Attacks. I'm really partial to cold pen because it increases your cold damage by something like 148% against a resistance capped enemy -- being that my damage is majority cold, it seems worthwhile to slot it in there to make my damage more consistent.

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012
Yeah I have to say I absolutely loathe the trend in MMOs, rpgs, and actions games where spell effects just saturation the screen and you can hardly see whats happening. Playing in a group, and the game becoming a constant fireworks show is stupid. So many games are guilty of it these days. Diablo 3 was bad enough, and Warframe is another major offender.

I'd appreciate PoE's gritty art style more if it wasn't smothered by effects too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You could toggle spell effects In wow and it helped a great deal.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
I'm guessing that developers do want skills to feel punchy and weighty in the critical first twenty minutes of gameplay

good design would probably allow for spells to have discreetly reduced effects when they go off a lot - maybe all triggered spells should just play a alternate reduced-fx version - but PoE seems to be hurting for artists as is

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Ultima66 posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with dying and learning about the oneshots. A lot of bosses have them and they're all very choreographed.

-The Burning Man death explosion

I almost learned this lesson the hard way, lucky for me I had a "removes burning" flask on because I was loving MASHING my flasks. This was on normal with 1600 HP and full fire resist too. I'm going to avoid that guy like hte plague in cruel/merciless.

Beat malachai on normal tonight, I play hardcore only and I haven't played this since probably a year ago. I have to say that Malachai's tiny arena is going to be troublesome on cruel and downright retarded on merciless. I can see my future RIP location.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I almost learned this lesson the hard way, lucky for me I had a "removes burning" flask on because I was loving MASHING my flasks. This was on normal with 1600 HP and full fire resist too. I'm going to avoid that guy like hte plague in cruel/merciless.

Beat malachai on normal tonight, I play hardcore only and I haven't played this since probably a year ago. I have to say that Malachai's tiny arena is going to be troublesome on cruel and downright retarded on merciless. I can see my future RIP location.

Malachai merciless might be the most pointless fight: it's hard as gently caress and you get literally nothing (but his mediocre drops)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yup, in act4 merciless don't bother doing anything after the skill point quest. If you really must do it for a challenge completion or whatnot, then come back later when you've levelled and geared up a lot more.

• Locked thread