Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
their current color scheme is one of the best in the league so gently caress em i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wonder if the Chargers will change their color scheme when they move

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Current Rams colors are fine and dont look bad. Their old colors are unlike other teams and really pop.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pop is a good way to describe it. Makes me think of a Japanese pop star's makeup.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

All teams should be required to use the official colors of their city.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

I wonder if the Chargers will change their color scheme when they move

To black and silver.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Sash! posted:

All teams should be required to use the official colors of their city.

I'm taking this up as a project. Gonna recolour all 32 logos to their city colours.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I'm taking this up as a project. Gonna recolour all 32 logos to their city colours.

Pittsburgh already is, so there's one.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What are official colors of the city is this a thing?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

kiimo posted:

What are official colors of the city is this a thing?

I assumed the city's flag.

Anyway, here's the AFC East:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Detroit's flag is a goddamned Maryland-wannabe disgrace.

But :lol: at Milwaukee's... thing.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130417215919/http://www.nava.org/content/2004-american-city-flags-survey

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

It's like it got left on the back window of a car during the summer.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

JPrime posted:

lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

JPrime posted:

:laffo:

Are those the colors of Boston or Foxborough? Same for the Jets.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Boston, and NYC. So the Giants is going to be the same colours.

Anyway, in respect for Snow Team Gang Supremacy, I done NFC North too.

The Detroit Lions one in particular actually looks better than their existing colours.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I wanna see the Tampa Bay Rays have to use all the colors of the St. Pete flag.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Buffalo v Orchard Park
Miami v Miami Gardens

etcetcetc...

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ozu posted:

Buffalo v Orchard Park
Miami v Miami Gardens

etcetcetc...

Yeah, I'm rounding to the nearest major city. For example, the Niners will use the SF flag, not the Santa Clara one.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Boston, and NYC. So the Giants is going to be the same colours.

I thought the colors were supposed to be of the city stuck dealing with the teams.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Detroit Lions one in particular actually looks better than their existing colours.

It's kind of cool, but all I see is the Shell logo. :(

Post this in the Farthouse when you're done.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A's are already covered.

I like the Oaklandish logo better

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oakland

San Antonio

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That Miami one is awesome.

edit:

Replace the Chiefs gold with blue? I'm in.

2nd edit: apparently they keep changing it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 16, 2016

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.

For example, the Niners will use the SF flag, not the Santa Clara one.

For a city full of tech money and newfangled designers and whatnot, SF has a godawful flag:

I guess it'd be like the Broncos' old yellow-and-brown colors plus some red trim.

And here's Pittsburgh's awesome flag, which is where the teams' color schemes came from in the first place:

I've been following all this relocation stuff because I've become fascinated with team branding/uniform design lately, especially around teams moving to new cities (and I guess Nike making GBS threads things up with the color rush bullshit and also terrible redesigns for certain unfortunate teams). Like seriously, if the Rams and Chargers both ultimately end up in LA, what are they going to do about the fact that they have really similar color schemes with the blues and yellows/golds?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kevyn posted:

Florida could always use another football team

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Authentic You posted:

For a city full of tech money and newfangled designers and whatnot, SF has a godawful flag:

I guess it'd be like the Broncos' old yellow-and-brown colors plus some red trim.

And here's Pittsburgh's awesome flag, which is where the teams' color schemes came from in the first place:

I've been following all this relocation stuff because I've become fascinated with team branding/uniform design lately, especially around teams moving to new cities (and I guess Nike making GBS threads things up with the color rush bullshit and also terrible redesigns for certain unfortunate teams). Like seriously, if the Rams and Chargers both ultimately end up in LA, what are they going to do about the fact that they have really similar color schemes with the blues and yellows/golds?

Yeah, I've got a total fascination for team branding too, which is why I'm so eager to do all of this.

I'm just gonna finish them all before posting them all in the Farthouse.

That's why I'm so fond of the Pittsburgh teams. They all have consistent branding :allears:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Florida could always use another football team

Move the Raiders to West Hollywood.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

kiimo posted:

Move the Raiders to West Hollywood.

Raiders? More like the ga-:commissar:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kevyn posted:

That is 1981 as gently caress.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Raiders? More like the ga-:commissar:

The West Hollywood flag is a rainbow.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

That's why I'm so fond of the Pittsburgh teams. They all have consistent branding :allears:

Everyone says the Pittsburgh teams all match, but the Penguins took a big poo poo in the punchbowl by changing their yellow to the same ugly brown "gold" that the Rams use.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Kevyn posted:

Everyone says the Pittsburgh teams all match, but the Penguins took a big poo poo in the punchbowl by changing their yellow to the same ugly brown "gold" that the Rams use.

Looks like someone has to send some guys round to Mario Lemieux's house. WIth bats.

Consistency, dammit :colbert:

Anyway, I finished the full lineup, posted them in the Farthouse.

Tampa: Your flag is complete loving garbage.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Just listened to Clayton talk to Tirico on ESPN radio. Clayton said it was apparently rather surprising to the owners that the initial vote came out that way. Apparently part of the vote was swayed by a rare Paul Allen appearance, who won support for Kroenke by arguing that Inglewood was just the better proposal with more money behind it.

Wonder if he also wanted no part in another Seahawks conference switch.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Just listened to Clayton talk to Tirico on ESPN radio. Clayton said it was apparently rather surprising to the owners that the initial vote came out that way. Apparently part of the vote was swayed by a rare Paul Allen appearance, who won support for Kroenke by arguing that Inglewood was just the better proposal with more money behind it.

Wonder if he also wanted no part in another Seahawks conference switch.

Jerry Jones had a lot more influence than Paul Allen did.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

These are the best Rams uniforms:

Authentic You
Mar 4, 2007

Listen now this is your
captain calling:
Your captain is dead.
^^ Those are nice.

Kevyn posted:

The Boston Bruins got all mad when the Penguins wanted to change their colors to align with the rest of Pittsburgh, hence the shift in the shade of gold to the less good gold. Even so, Pittsburgh's original Pirates hockey team was black and gold before the Bruins (which were brown and yellow - Bruins didn't go black and yellow until the mid-30's, after the hockey Pirates folded). At least the Penguins' alt uniform is the correct shade of gold.

As for football, I'd also like to see the Rams go back to the brighter versions of their colors (blue and yellow, or even blue and white if the Colts don't get mad) now that they're back in LA, for better or worse. I don't think the current color scheme is bad, just kinda drab for a football uniform. At least either way they have some of the coolest helmets.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Traxis posted:

These are the best Rams uniforms:

If you like Colts uniforms you'll love these.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
the 70-2000 Rams uniforms are fine as a 3rd but way too obnoxious to see every week, they should stick with the gold/navy. If they do go back to bright yellow at least go with a darker blue.

I am also old and despise 70's colors since I had to grow up with that disco poo poo and I especially hate the 80's dayglo green eye scorching crap buried in the Squawks uniforms. :colbert:

Deacon Jones loving owned, hard (R.I.P.) - so these should be an alternate "3rd" every few years. Merlin Olsen approves.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 16, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Keyser S0ze posted:

the 70-2000 Rams uniforms are fine as a 3rd but way too obnoxious to see every week, they should stick with the gold/navy. If they do go back to bright yellow at least go with a darker blue.

I pretty much universally prefer the uniforms everyone had in the 80s/early 90s. Sure the Broncos looked kinda silly but their new stuff looks worse to me, creamsicles has a lot of haters but damned if I don't prefer that to now or the pewter ones. Philly needs to go back to kelly green like right the gently caress now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I pretty much universally prefer the uniforms everyone had in the 80s/early 90s. Sure the Broncos looked kinda silly but their new stuff looks worse to me, creamsicles has a lot of haters but damned if I don't prefer that to now or the pewter ones. Philly needs to go back to kelly green like right the gently caress now.

bring back the Fouts era Chargers uniforms

• Locked thread