Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh man what is that mask! I wanna look like a Wonderful One! :allears:

It's just face paint from the character creator. I've had it the entire game, because... yeah. Wonderful One mask. :D

Actually now that I look at her, my character looks kind of like Bayonetta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If you want it, there's the option to remake your character after doing those quests.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I know, I didn't realize that was face paint though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It would own so hard if XCX was just a prequel to the Wonderful 101.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Quick question about the Google Doc in the OP, and apologies if this has been asked before: In the Collectopedia section, what do the numbers beneath the collectables indicate? I assume it's location, but I don't understand what they are referring to.

Also I have put a couple probes into the ground already, but I guess you get a finite amount, right? Am I gonna run out? What do the different types do, and how do I get more?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Quick question about the Google Doc in the OP, and apologies if this has been asked before: In the Collectopedia section, what do the numbers beneath the collectables indicate? I assume it's location, but I don't understand what they are referring to.

Also I have put a couple probes into the ground already, but I guess you get a finite amount, right? Am I gonna run out? What do the different types do, and how do I get more?

Basic Probes (of which you have an infinite amount of) give you a basic amount of Miranium and Credits.

Mining Probes give you more Miranium, depending on their Class and the Probe Site's Resource grade for Mining.

Research Probes give you Credits. Don't go for the sites that have a high grade for the respective grade, stick them on points with Scenic Views that you've found.

Battle Probes are something you won't come across for a while, and they give entire continents special combat bonuses (increased attribute defense, passive fuel regeneration, that sort of thing)

You get probes from Treasure Chests (salvaged stuff out in the wild) and from various Missions. Kirsty's Frontier-Nav ones will net you most of the Research Probes in the game. The number below the Collectapedia entries is for the Probe Site. Tap on one on your gamepad screen and it'll tell you which one it is, along with letting you fast-travel to it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You don't use up the probe when you put it in. If you take it out, you can put it somewhere else.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Important question:

I really like FFXII and this game looks kinda cool. I bought Wii U originally for Bayonetta. What are pros and cons in nutshell?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just off the top of my head...

Pros:
  • Exploration is fun
  • Giant robots that can transform into tanks/cars and fly!
  • Combat on foot is actually pretty fun!
  • A job system
  • Really good character writing.

Cons:
  • Story sucks.
  • Character creator is extremely limited
  • Soundtrack is eh, unless you're a fan of Sawano, in which case it's probably great.
  • Fighting in your giant robot is kinda boring.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

Important question:

I really like FFXII and this game looks kinda cool. I bought Wii U originally for Bayonetta. What are pros and cons in nutshell?

Pros:

A wide-open world to explore with a lot of actual legitimate exploration
A fun fast-paced combat system
Giant robots
Sidequests have some really fun worldbuilding and potential alternate outcomes.
Really cool world design with some great visuals.
Music is hilariously peppy J-buttrock
A frankly absurd amount of content

Cons:
Main story is trash, including bad cutscene design.
Combat does eventually devolve into a few degenerate strategies
Giant robot combat is kinda dull.
Pretty ugly character designs.
A lot of that content is MMO-style collection quests with a bad UI for finding the items you need.

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
After passing 100 hours, and having zero interest in farming global nemeses and bear asses for XX augments, I think it's time to put this game down. It was a great run, XBX.

One thing is bothering me though: What the gently caress does stability do?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

year199X posted:

After passing 100 hours, and having zero interest in farming global nemeses and bear asses for XX augments, I think it's time to put this game down. It was a great run, XBX.

One thing is bothering me though: What the gently caress does stability do?

Weapons have a range in their potential damage. The more stable a weapon the less range that it has (and thus the more reliable the damage.)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

How do you access Definian Downfall? I need to do it so I can finish off a few other quests (Blood Lobster and Mia's recruitment)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Weapons have a range in their potential damage. The more stable a weapon the less range that it has (and thus the more reliable the damage.)

Does that just apply to auto attacks or all attacks made by that weapon in general?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Does that just apply to auto attacks or all attacks made by that weapon in general?

I believe it applies to damage arts as well. It did in Xenoblade but I admit I'm not 100% sure about X.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

TurnipFritter posted:

How do you access Definian Downfall? I need to do it so I can finish off a few other quests (Blood Lobster and Mia's recruitment)

You need to complete three chains of quests
Alex
Professor B
The Cult of Fortun (Miracle Maker and the quests after)

Once you've done those, I believe you get a request on the board from Erio, which is Definian Downfall.

Bring ground gear Mechanical Slayers and learn how to overdrive!

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Is that why hair trigger + hawkeye + eagle eye + shrapnel sometimes did almost 200K damage, and other times did 40K?

I was too busy being :smug: at people having trouble with definian downfall because I killed the boss in two shots.

year199X fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 15, 2016

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Hello Xenoblade X thread.

When I look online and see people talking about the Global Nemesis, they all talk about it being the best source for ticket farming. but as far as I can tell the Ygg mission gives 0 tickets as a reward? It certainly doesn't list them as a reward on the network mission console, and I jumped into it with some random overpowered guy yesterday who broke a bunch of parts then abandoned, and as far as I noticed the only reward was a bunch of yggdralith parts. Do you have to do something special to get tickets from it, like play it until time expires or be the one to initiate the mission yourself?

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Just break all 7 of Yggralith Zero's appendages, then take all of the drops. Go into the Global Nemesis Spoils option (under Support Missions) and then redeem those drops for tickets. Each individual drop redeems for 80+ tickets.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Ozdhaka posted:

Just break all 7 of Yggralith Zero's appendages, then take all of the drops. Go into the Global Nemesis Spoils option (under Support Missions) and then redeem those drops for tickets. Each individual drop redeems for 80+ tickets.

Oh wow. That's way better and it would have taken me forever to figure that out by accident. Thanks.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Anyone got a build to make AI-controlled Elma not useless damage-wise? I have her spamming Ghost Factory which, while super-useful, seems kind of lame for the game's protagonist. The AI spazzes out too frequently to use the positional stuff though.

This game's pretty great so far! The endgame farming's way more annoying than in Xenoblade though(there you could get set up for the superbosses in like, an hour if you knew where to go) so I probably won't be 100%ing it like that game, but it's still pretty fun exploring around and wrecking fools with my sweet lightsaber. I don't even have a robot yet and I've logged like 30 hours just loving Around.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yinlock posted:

Anyone got a build to make AI-controlled Elma not useless damage-wise? I have her spamming Ghost Factory which, while super-useful, seems kind of lame for the game's protagonist. The AI spazzes out too frequently to use the positional stuff though.

This game's pretty great so far! The endgame farming's way more annoying than in Xenoblade though(there you could get set up for the superbosses in like, an hour if you knew where to go) so I probably won't be 100%ing it like that game, but it's still pretty fun exploring around and wrecking fools with my sweet lightsaber. I don't even have a robot yet and I've logged like 30 hours just loving Around.

Elma's value is more in her soul voices having a lot of damage boosts than her actual personal damage. That goes for most party members, really. Side slash is good to keep on her though since side hits are generally pretty easy.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Finally finished the main quest and I knew it was coming but WOW I did not expect Elma to be so cool in the end

Now it's time for... lots of farming (in my goofiest gear now that I'm done with almost all "serious" scenes)

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Does anyone know any good areas with level 60+ enemies to fight? I would like to get some decent high level skell weapons and it seems like level 60+ enemies drop the good stuff more often. The only one I can really think of off the top of my head is the one ganglion tower near the bend in the abyss of Oblivia.

What do you guys dress your characters up with? Once I found a decent pair of jeans and a nice red jacket my avatar was never in anything else.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I finally got around to beating chapter 12 and I already knew Lao turned into a Resident Evil enemy from spoilers but I was not prepared for him having Luxaar's sad face on his palm. That was hilarious and I don't think it was supposed to be. They didn't even linger on it. There was just one quick scene of :saddowns: and I got a good laugh.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ImpAtom posted:

Cons:

Hey, those 15-second shots of Tatsu standing in the way of the camera are *art*.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

ImpAtom posted:

Pros:

A wide-open world to explore with a lot of actual legitimate exploration
A fun fast-paced combat system
Giant robots
Sidequests have some really fun worldbuilding and potential alternate outcomes.
Really cool world design with some great visuals.
A frankly absurd amount of content

Cons:
Combat does eventually devolve into a few degenerate strategies
Giant robot combat is kinda dull.
Pretty ugly character designs.
A lot of that content is MMO-style collection quests with a bad UI for finding the items you need.

To add a Con here - many quests require you to get rare drops. It's worse than any modern mmog. BUT you can buy them using the multiplayer tickets. It's a weird line and hard to decide if it works.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taear posted:

To add a Con here - many quests require you to get rare drops. It's worse than any modern mmog. BUT you can buy them using the multiplayer tickets. It's a weird line and hard to decide if it works.

This is incorrect. The crappy basic quests require this, the ones with actual side-story content don't. Don't do the basic "collect ten pig asses" quests, just roll through the list once in a while and pick the ones that will auto-complete due to you having them already.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ashsaber posted:

Does anyone know any good areas with level 60+ enemies to fight? I would like to get some decent high level skell weapons and it seems like level 60+ enemies drop the good stuff more often. The only one I can really think of off the top of my head is the one ganglion tower near the bend in the abyss of Oblivia.

What do you guys dress your characters up with? Once I found a decent pair of jeans and a nice red jacket my avatar was never in anything else.

Bring your Skell to the inside of that giant flower at the very top of Noctilum. Make sure you have a good AoE attack on your Skell and you'll obliterate like 15 level 60 bugs.

...and aggro the lv 90 but it's a pushover for a tyrant of that level.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Ometeotl posted:

Bring your Skell to the inside of that giant flower at the very top of Noctilum. Make sure you have a good AoE attack on your Skell and you'll obliterate like 15 level 60 bugs.

...and aggro the lv 90 but it's a pushover for a tyrant of that level.

I more meant getting good Skell gear. None of those assholes drop anything but Ground gear.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I finally was able to afford a lvl 50 skell. Wow, this makes a huge difference over a lvl 30 one! I can actually hit Joker now, for one thing.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Is there anything worth finding in the Bestial Utopia? If not I think I'm done with this game. It's been 150+ hours of entertainment, but it's time to put it to rest.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

Is there anything worth finding in the Bestial Utopia? If not I think I'm done with this game. It's been 150+ hours of entertainment, but it's time to put it to rest.

Where is that?

Also, hmm...I can go back and talk to On'tonam, or kill the Endbringer. Talk to an Orphean... or kill the hardest optional boss in the game and not get credit for the segment at the same time....

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Best I can recall of Bestial Utopia* was a few chests and some 60+ mobs, so you probably aren't missing anything.

*North face of the volcano in Cauldros, it'll have a couple of high level Ganglion in front of the entrance.

As for high-level skell gear, you generally have to beat up high level mechs, though some of the larger indigens cough them up on occasion as well. I don't remember what drops what, but there are a number of mech tyrants out on some of the little islands dotted around, and they tend to be pretty squishy for their level; the ones that readily come to mind are a bit west of the Abyss in Sylvalum, and another all the way up in the north west corner of the map. There's also a very high level Seidr in the Antropolis, but you'll need a good ground build for that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ashsaber posted:

I more meant getting good Skell gear. None of those assholes drop anything but Ground gear.

Badr Basin, in sylvalum. It's near fn 406. Kill all robots over and over.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Do Xe-Dom Golden Crests drop off a specific appendage, or am I rolling the dice on just killing the ones at the Or'Simm Ruins over and over?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Why do Shrads just randomly start dodging everything and how can I get them to stop? Ditto for Definians. Just recruited Mia and it took way too loving long due to that lousy "lol can't bring your Skell in here" cave.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Can someone confirm what Advanced Cranks drop off of? I was told the Seidrs over Cauldros, but they don't seem to want to cough them up no matter what appendage I break.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
I've heard they're a pretty rare drop, I just used tickets for mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, finally got what I wanted, so my 'gently caress ygg zero' build is done. want to make a couple more things before making my Ares 90 though.

On Skell weapons, I found some of what I wanted: Sylooths in Sylvanum drop Beam sidearms that are actually worthwhile for between arts (at least when using the level 60 Masterma frame). Puges drop all sorts of spare weapons, which is nice. The only thing I have no idea how to find is a buster rifle back weapon, which looks pretty neat, and seems kind of useful for the Ygg Zero smashing strategy.

E:Oh, and don't bother killing Xerns, fuckers drop nothing besides level 50 skell body parts, and if you can kill one you probably don't need those.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Do Xe-Dom Golden Crests drop off a specific appendage, or am I rolling the dice on just killing the ones at the Or'Simm Ruins over and over?

Random chance, no way to influence it as far as I'm aware, other than obligatory treasure sensor gear.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Can someone confirm what Advanced Cranks drop off of? I was told the Seidrs over Cauldros, but they don't seem to want to cough them up no matter what appendage I break.

Can confirm. If you have a decently fast way of killing them they aren't that hard to acquire. I've still got like 8 after using a dozen building a Skell. Just stack on some Mech slayer augs and go to town, you'll end up with a decent number soon enough.

• Locked thread