Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Xenoveritas posted:

Well, sort of. If you can find the original image, and this blog post was the best I could find of it, on the original it looks less like he's strangling the guy and more like he's chucking him at the ground:

So, uh, yeah.
I assumed it was a historically accurate representation of how they got the land that the town is on, is it not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Its good to see that even with Day By Day gone, Day By Penis will remain.

I'm gonna keep this one for the Laziest in Gaybies. There's some detail, but you know there is no way he started and finished it before the situation resolved. So there must have been a point where he said "gently caress it, I already started" and kept drawing a cartoon he knew lost any point it could make.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Geostomp posted:

A real leader would have made those sailor fight to the death for no reason! :smug:
I know someone who is pissed that we don't treat terrorists the way he hears how the Russians do things (ie kidnap family members and then send body parts piece by piece to terrorist leaders) :stare:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

achillesforever6 posted:

I know someone who is pissed that we don't treat terrorists the way he hears how the Russians do things (ie kidnap family members and then send body parts piece by piece to terrorist leaders) :stare:

Oooooh. I thought you meant more 'Gas the hostages'/'Set up false flag apartment explosions as Casus belli for an annexation' kind of thing.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Fulchrum posted:

Its good to see that even with Day By Day gone, Day By Penis will remain.

I can't stop reading this one. The art is so filthy and gross and crisp. NOBODY looks good. It's a wavier, mushier Crumb. It's great, all around.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

cram me sideways posted:

I can't stop reading this one. The art is so filthy and gross and crisp. NOBODY looks good. It's a wavier, mushier Crumb. It's great, all around.

Trump seems to get more and more grotesque as the thing goes on.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I can't shake the feeling I've seen him before. Did the artist ever work for MAD?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Did the politoonists turn on Hillary this hard in '08 too? That's the latest in a solid handful.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I think part of it might just be cartoonists being desperate to find something interesting to say about the Democratic primaries. There's only so many cartoons you can do about a one-horse race.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Quorum posted:

Always remember that Parks and Recreation was in fact a documentary about small-town middle America.

For those who may not have seen Parks and Rec (Why have you not seen Parks and Rec?) It's actually kind of hilariously prescient.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

vyelkin posted:

Ruben Bolling presents: comics that are vaguely political but still better than 99% of the poo poo that ends up in this thread.

http://www.gocomics.com/super-fun-pak-comix/2014/12/17

http://www.gocomics.com/super-fun-pak-comix/2014/12/08

http://www.gocomics.com/super-fun-pak-comix/2014/10/25

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm glad Feel the Bern is a thing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Is there any way to read this other than "conservatives think bullies are awesome"?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

I know cartoonists are making a lot of hay of this image, but how the hell else did they expect the Iranians to capture a bunch of military men who were, for all they knew, armed to the teeth?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Murderion posted:

I know cartoonists are making a lot of hay of this image, but how the hell else did they expect the Iranians to capture a bunch of military men who were, for all they knew, armed to the teeth?

The acceptable course of action would be to come in with raised arms, and beg the American soldiers to bring them to the Capitalist Utopian States of America, Heil Reagan.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Remember when people asked why Trump is popular? This is one of the answers.

comsymp
Oct 31, 2012
Latest Bennett:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Who would've thought we'd get the easiest agc of the year two weeks into it?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

comsymp posted:

Latest Bennett:

You're aiming too high Bennett. Most of the dumb hicks who send hate mail probably won't even get this one.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Murderion posted:

See now, if we had a strong leader, the Iranians would have just meekly let us violate their territory whenever we want. They and every other country would be so scared/in awe of our power that they'd just let us walk all over them.

(this is what right-wingers think is the ideal world order)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

comsymp posted:

Latest Bennett:

The GOP has to choose between Trump or Cruz to restore honor to itself - A Bad Cartoon

There is no kaishakunin standing by to give a clean death after the GOP has restored its honor - A Historically Inaccurate Cartoon

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Electricity will be more valuable, but you are making less of it. You will not profit any more than you would otherwise. This is not a stable equilibrium, Invisible Hand. :colbert:

e: unless it's someone else's generator in which case it's actually the Invisible Hand Of Industrial Sabotage

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
Demand for electricity is pretty inelastic and the utilities have local monopolies, so you just need to raise prices (and bribe the local/state gov't regulators) if you want more profit.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Jason Rezaian was just released from prison as Iran implements its nuclear deal. I expect Good Ol' Chip Bok to publish a cartoon commending Obama for this diplomatic triumph, since he made this astute criticism at the time:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Selachian posted:

Is there any way to read this other than "conservatives think bullies are awesome"?

Yet they complain daily about how much of a bully Obama is.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Moon Slayer posted:

See now, if we had a strong leader, the Iranians would have just meekly let us violate their territory whenever we want. They and every other country would be so scared/in awe of our power that they'd just let us walk all over them.

(this is what right-wingers think is the ideal world order)
This post is the closest the thread came to making any sense of the situation. That's kinda all kinds of sad.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zetsubou-san posted:

The GOP has to choose between Trump or Cruz to restore honor to itself - A Bad Cartoon

There is no kaishakunin standing by to give a clean death after the GOP has restored its honor - A Historically Inaccurate Cartoon

It'd be better if he was trying to decide on which Zero he was going to fly suicidally into either the USS Clinton or USS Sanders, both of which are launching continuous barrages on Japan (traditional America or whatever)

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.
Things that one person receives for free usually cost money at some point. The government is bad for... providing "free" things that help poor people narrowly avoid death I guess?

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

loquacius posted:

Electricity will be more valuable, but you are making less of it. You will not profit any more than you would otherwise. This is not a stable equilibrium, Invisible Hand. :colbert:

e: unless it's someone else's generator in which case it's actually the Invisible Hand Of Industrial Sabotage

I would assume it's a reference to California electricity crisis in the 2000s where Enron was able to make more money by underproducing electricity. Not sure why he'd make reference to that in 2014, but still, that would be my guess.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Xander77 posted:

This post is the closest the thread came to making any sense of the situation. That's kinda all kinds of sad.

I'm pretty sure that part of the reason that so many of the cartoons about the nuke deal focused on "b-but how can you deal with people who say 'death to America?!'" is because right-wing hawks are outraged that anyone anywhere would dare to say something bad about America. The ideal world is either fawning over American or seething in jealousy/hating our freedoms 'cause they're eeeevil but too scared to say it out loud.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Took me a while to realize that was supposed to be Trump and not Hillary.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

quote:

The GOP does not deserve a clean death - A Good Cartoon

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

comsymp posted:

Latest Bennett:

I adore this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Xenoveritas posted:

I would assume it's a reference to California electricity crisis in the 2000s where Enron was able to make more money by underproducing electricity. Not sure why he'd make reference to that in 2014, but still, that would be my guess.

In pretty sure it's just a simple metaphor that's supposed to be laughed at instead of picked apart by autists.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Spiffster posted:

In the not-too-distant future --
Next Sunday A.D. --
There was a goon named Raz
Not too different from you or me.
He lurked at an Awful message board,
Drawing edits and posting songs galore .
He did a good job cracking up the place,
But the artists didn't like him
So they shot him into space.

(LET MEEEE GOOOOOOO)

We'll send him lovely cartoons,
The worst we can sketch (la-la-la).
He'll have to sit and read them all,
As we check on his intellect (la-la-la).
Now keep in mind Raz can't control
If the comics begin or end (la-la-la)
He'll have to keep his sanity
With the help of his Awful friends.

GOONY ROLL CALL:
Spiffster! (Cheap plug!)
Xylo! (Hi, mod!)
WarpedNaBa! (What a cool guy!)
Moouuutthhh! (What a hungry one.)

If you're wondering how he eats and breathes
And other science facts (la la la),
Then repeat to yourself, "It's election year
I should really just relax!
For Politoon Comic Megathread 3000!"

Saint Sputnik, idiot time traveller, coming from the past to say this is superb

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

God, Mr Fish is so bland

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Selachian posted:

Well most of the loud ones have a massive persecution complex so, in their minds, it's striking back at an oppressor rather than bullying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

• Locked thread