Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Evil Fluffy posted:

You think the FBI gives two shits about something like electricity consumption? :psyduck:

To play devil's advocate, a huge spike in energy consumption relative to other houses in a neighborhood can be used to tip off law enforcement about potential large scale marijuana grow ops.

But that's neither here nor there with regard to the Bundy case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Subterfrugal posted:

Longevity really is the Fed's superpower though. "Feel free to freeze your asses off patrolling Bundyland. We'll think kindly of you when we auction off the assets we seize from your estate. :byewhore:"

Evil Fluffy posted:

The government can garnish your wages (or just seize assets) and there's gently caress all you can do about it.

The government couldn't seize a handful of cows.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Crain posted:

Omg. He's is so mad at these guys.

And he lost his windcover for the mic...

windcovers are just nsa tools to prevent you from hearing whats really going on at freedom ranch

its a lot of wind

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

My distaste for Cards Against Humanity is tempered by all the good deeds Max does with the money and fame he made off it. Like when they donated all the bullshit money to Heifer International.

In other news, the ADL posted a report on the backgrounds of many of the militants. It's been pointed out though that it minimizes the Sovereign Citizen influence among the group.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Cythereal posted:

Mormons. See also Millard Romney and his brood.

First of all, Ammon Bundy is Cliven Bundy's son. They are two different people.

Second, Mitt Romney's first name is Willard.

This is not to say that Mormons don't have strange as hell names, just setting the record straight.

Mr Interweb posted:

Yeah, I know I read that. But the other guy he was with (as well as the other douches in the militia) was also breaking the law. They could theoretically have arrested these guys at any time. And even if they got this one dude on a charge that's not directly related to the occupation, wouldn't the militia guys still see that as an act of aggression?

I'm thinking it may be the same reason that law enforcement has no problem killing a black teenage "thug who was no angel" for stealing and face no punishment. Most law enforcement are right-wingers who think these guys have some valid concerns about the government and are just choosing a poor way to express it but we should try to hear them out. No need to be monsters and escalate the situation by arresting them for breaking the law or anything.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crain posted:

Scrolled back a bit to see what I missed:

Pete: I BET YOU THINK THE POST OFFICE IS RUNNING EFFICIENTLY TOO!!!!!! :bahgawd:

Actually it kinda is. Where else can you get mail shipped in four days, pay under a dollar to do it, and have i delivered right to your door?
FedEx? Hell, half the time they give it to the post office to deliver
UPS? Only if you're home from 8am to 8pm on the day of delivery or else you gotta drive to the closest location 20 miles away to get it.
The only reason the post office has funding issues is because of Congress placing new laws on them to fund the pensions of future generations of employees today because some bitchy old guys don't like the idea of the USPS being successful at anything

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

SocketWrench posted:

Actually it kinda is. Where else can you get mail shipped in four days, pay under a dollar to do it, and have i delivered right to your door?
UPS? Only if you're home from 8am to 8pm on the day of delivery or else you gotta drive to the closest location 20 miles away to get it.
The only reason the post office has funding issues is because of Congress placing new laws on them to fund the pensions of future generations of employees today because some bitchy old guys don't like the idea of the USPS being successful at anything

:thejoke:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SocketWrench posted:

Oh yeah. In reality land. The bit about new rules and regs is the best part. The GOP has flooded the USPS with game ending regulations (like pre-funding retirement accounts for all employees for decades, instead of just...paying the bills as they come like any sane system would) and yet they STILL MANAGE TO RUN.

The USPS is a testament to how well the federal system works.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Internet Webguy posted:

Most law enforcement are right-wingers who think these guys have some valid concerns about the government and are just choosing a poor way to express it but we should try to hear them out.

What a weird thing to lie about.

e:mostly right wingers sure, but not a whole lot that I know think that these guys are anything but loony, and I'm betting I know a few more than you, even with internet personalities.

Grem fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 16, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

This is not to say that Mormons don't have strange as hell names, just setting the record straight.

This.

Also, Ammon is the name of several people in the Book of Mormon (as is Moroni, but some poster already went over that). If you're Mormon, it's not any weirder than naming your kid after someone in the Bible. Cliven is, uh, not a name found in the Book of Mormon, so I got nothing there.

Archibald Tuttle
Jan 10, 2006

Well, Pete's heading to the airfield to protest the FBI. Should be good.

New stream for that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLHAQjIwC14

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Archibald Tuttle posted:

itshappening.gif

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Archibald Tuttle posted:

Well, Pete's heading to the airfield to protest secretly flee from the FBI. Should be good.

Fixed that for you. :getin:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Archibald Tuttle posted:

It'd be really funny if he ate a handful of sugar free gummi bears and got a bad case of volcano rear end right in the middle of his tantrum.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Still waiting on an explanation here main painframe.

Please explain either why Malheur qualifies as a peaceful protest or explain why the ferguson peaceful protest was confronted with all of your pre-requisites for a 2 way massacre and yet resulted in no deaths.

Luck? A number of people were injured during the Ferguson protests, including several serious gunshot wounds that very well could have been fatal. A mumber of police officers were also injured, yet shockingly the cops didn't just mow down the crowd like you seem to think they should do at the slightest hint of danger. Also, Ferguson didn't meet the conditions I described in the first place - though there were a number of violent clashes that very easily could have led to disaster, there was no siege, and in any case the police had little choice but to intervene since some of the protesters were openly rioting, which makes it hard to call Ferguson "peaceful".

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pete is on the phone demanding a Constitutional Sheriff to protect him from the fbi. lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

As a Millennial I posted:

Pete is on the phone demanding a Constitutional Sheriff to protect him from the fbi. lmao

~Be constitutional~

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sooooo Pete is literally trying to start poo poo right now.

Didn't see what he's talking about but it seems that:

- Pete "said" "Be constitutional" to an FBI agent who said back "Do not threaten me."

- Now he's talking to someone asking for a "constitutional sheriff".

- The person he's talking to is telling him that she has passed the message on (which seems like all they can do).

- He's now trying to get her personal info (which she's not going to do, only replying "this is dispatch, that's how we identify".

- She's now hung up on him and he's blabing about being abandoned.

nivdes
Jan 3, 2008

Freedom from democracy

Brought to you by NAZCENTBOL GANG
Are they seriously asking the FBI guy if they have mind control equipment?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Just read the ADL's info sheet on who is who at the Oregon standoff:

quote:

Pete Santilli (BR).

Santilli is a right‐wing Internet podcast host and conspiracy
theorist from Cincinnati, Ohio. Santilli traveled to Nevada in 2014 to “cover” the Bundy Ranch standoff and has also taken part in anti‐immigrant activities in California. In 2013, he said on his Internet show that Hillary Clinton needed to be tried, convicted, and then shot in the vagina, something that brought him to the attention of the Secret Service. According to Media Matters, Santilli has also said that violence against the government would be justified as “the equivalent of us going out and doing a preemptive strike on our foreign enemies. That would be justified...because of the war that has been perpetrated upon our American people.” In September 2015, Santilli organized a protest outside the Arizona office of Senator John McCain to demand his arrest. Santilli has identified himself with the Three Percenters. In Oregon, Santilli has acted as one of the occupiers’ many spokespersons, though he said that he did not participate in the takeover “because that is an illegal action.” Santilli was recently arrested in Ohio for carrying a weapon without a permit but it is not clear if he made his court date, which was for January 4.

Pete might have jumped court.

EDIT: http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/combating-hate/Anatomy-of-a-Standoff-MalheurOccupiers.pdf

EDIT2: Lol psyops blabbing.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Jamming equipment

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Who are they talking to? Just some FBI guy standing outside?

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Can anyone see anything? It's just a blank gray screen.

Also, it sounds like some inhuman patience by the FBI.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
its not smoke its vape

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D
Pete said to the FBI agent "Be Constitutional" then he shouted in his face "OR PULL THE TRIGGER" the FBI agent apparently took it as a threat and told Pete to not threaten him.

Now Pete is lying on stream about what he actually said and everybody is eating the poo poo up. Pete has told the FBI guy he's talking to, the deputies, and the dispatcher that he said "Be Constitutional" and NOTHING ELSE when he was screaming at the FBI guy to "pull the trigger". It's amusing to see him literally lie on stream about something he said, on stream live, 5 minutes ago.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so is pete getting arrested now?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

General_Disturbed posted:

Pete said to the FBI agent "Be Constitutional" then he shouted in his face "OR PULL THE TRIGGER" the FBI agent apparently took it as a threat and told Pete to not threaten him.

Now Pete is lying on stream about what he actually said and everybody is eating the poo poo up. Pete has told the FBI guy he's talking to, the deputies, and the dispatcher that he said "Be Constitutional" and NOTHING ELSE when he was screaming at the FBI guy to "pull the trigger". It's amusing to see him literally lie on stream about something he said, on stream live, 5 minutes ago.

Was this on stream? Cause you can track back on a live stream and see what happened earlier and can make a recording before Pete can edit it out.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

Crain posted:

Was this on stream? Cause you can track back on a live stream and see what happened earlier and can make a recording before Pete can edit it out.

Yes, he said it on stream. The first armed FBI agent he came up to he started telling him to be constitutional, got mad then shouted in his face "OR PULL THE TRIGGER" the FBI agent seemed to think he was being threatened to he told Pete not to threaten him. Now Pete is using that statement like a martyr card. He keeps telling everyone he talks to "This meathead over here was ready to shoot me and all I said to him was be constitutional"

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Just randomly dropping "Pete got arrested" while the stream is down is pretty fun.

oh I got blocked, lol

Grem fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jan 16, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

found it. Go back to 26:00 and he says it on camera he's on the phone though.

I recorded it in OBS I'll post a vidme in a second.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Here we go:

Pete Santilli threatens FBI

https://vid.me/SB7J

It's at 30seconds.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I don't know who is worse, Pete or the girl he is with actively enabling him.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Webguy posted:

Who uh...who said otherwise?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Internet Webguy posted:

I prefer Millard, it's Millard now.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Crain posted:

Here we go:

It's at 30seconds.

That is a loving masterful strawman.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

buttcoinbrony posted:

That is a loving masterful strawman.

It didn't even take him a second to try and cover up the "Or pull the loving trigger" part.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Crain posted:

It didn't even take him a second to try and cover up the "Or pull the loving trigger" part.

See? These men are cowards, Donny. Round them up.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Crain posted:

Just read the ADL's info sheet on who is who at the Oregon standoff:

Pete might have jumped court.

EDIT: http://www.adl.org/assets/pdf/combating-hate/Anatomy-of-a-Standoff-MalheurOccupiers.pdf

EDIT2: Lol psyops blabbing.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/12/18/police-2-terror-watch-list-arrested-newtown/77572260/

More Pete Santelli stuff from my neck of the woods. Dude is a grade-A first class whackjob.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

Crain posted:

Here we go:

It's at 30seconds.

That is wonderful. I don't know about the stream stuff. Is there a way for you to pull up a few hours ago where he was dancing around the counter protester, screaming incoherently into a megaphone and hitting the siren button while the counter protester held his ears. I would love a video of that to spam to them. Just him being a garbage lunatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Yes, he said it on stream. The first armed FBI agent he came up to he started telling him to be constitutional, got mad then shouted in his face "OR PULL THE TRIGGER" the FBI agent seemed to think he was being threatened to he told Pete not to threaten him. Now Pete is using that statement like a martyr card. He keeps telling everyone he talks to "This meathead over here was ready to shoot me and all I said to him was be constitutional"

Is it wrong to wish somebody really did pull the trigger on this fool?

• Locked thread