Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

General_Disturbed posted:

That is wonderful. I don't know about the stream stuff. Is there a way for you to pull up a few hours ago where he was dancing around the counter protester, screaming incoherently into a megaphone and hitting the siren button while the counter protester held his ears. I would love a video of that to spam to them. Just him being a garbage lunatic.

Nah, he ended that stream so youtube is processing it before uploading it as a video. He has control of when/if that goes up and can edit it as well. But this guy is dumb enough to maybe just put it up.

EDIT: speak of the devil and he shall appear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLZ4WqfpXE

Go to about 20min to see him start confronting the counter-protesters.

Crain fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Video inside the Refuge center:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrzamFEktI0

Starts of great.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Crain posted:

Starts of great.

They seem to have a lot of supplies now, even if half of those supplies are gummy bears and sex toys.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

Crain posted:

Nah, he ended that stream so youtube is processing it before uploading it as a video. He has control of when/if that goes up and can edit it as well. But this guy is dumb enough to maybe just put it up.

EDIT: speak of the devil and he shall appear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovLZ4WqfpXE

At 19:00 he turns the megaphone over to siren mode, and walks around behind the counter-protestors blaring an air raid siren then screams "You're under arrest for BULLSHIT" that's pretty much what Pete Santilli feels about freedom of speech when it's not whatever message he's parroting. Somebody should make a video clip of him just being a lunatic to those guys.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I know, I just despise the "postal service is broke/inefficient/useless" claims

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Apparently this will be the next Pete "gently caress the first amendment" Santilli livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aURMKijYRRw, scheduled to go on the air at 8PM EST

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I am not a book posted:

Apparently this will be the next Pete "gently caress the first amendment" Santilli livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aURMKijYRRw, scheduled to go on the air at 8PM EST

We'll see. He seems to have these set up to start every so often and just jumps on them as they go.

Although maybe they're still at the airport antagonizing the FBI so that they'll start shooting protesting.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Crain posted:

Starts of great.

She's a sweet old lady, but cannot explain what's wrong with the government or what would solve the problem. Says a lot.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

She's a sweet old lady, but cannot explain what's wrong with the government or what would solve the problem. Says a lot.

We all know what their top 3 problems facing the country are:

1) Black guy in power
2) Black people everywhere
3) Black people not slaves.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Crain posted:

1) Black guy in power

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTXYwBqXbcA

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Crain posted:

1) Black guy in power

Time + microphone + sovcit = "they were better off with Jim Crow/as slaves"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Epic High Five posted:

Also independent women and gays.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Epic High Five posted:

Gotta stick to your roots, I guess.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Crain posted:

It's up. The "pull the loving trigger now" comment is still in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLHAQjIwC14&t=860

I've linked 10 seconds before for a bit of extra crazy rambling about how the sheriff is "in his chain of command", and Pete's going to get him to come and kick the FBI out. (The rest of the video is Pete ranting over the phone at the sheriff's dispatcher, who eventually hangs up on him.)

E: Fixed url

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 17, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Pete seriously worries me more than anyone else there and i would like him to be a nonliving person for the safety of others

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

General_Disturbed posted:

At 19:00 he turns the megaphone over to siren mode, and walks around behind the counter-protestors blaring an air raid siren then screams "You're under arrest for BULLSHIT" that's pretty much what Pete Santilli feels about freedom of speech when it's not whatever message he's parroting. Somebody should make a video clip of him just being a lunatic to those guys.

I thought reporters from the press were supposed to be neutral and report things, not take over the bullshit the cult leaders are supposed to do

Man, you're a special brand of retarded that after confronting an armed FBI agent and he does jack poo poo nothing you feel your security is threatened

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jan 17, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

I thought reporters from the press were supposed to be neutral and report things, not take over the bullshit the cult leaders are supposed to do

Yes, they are.

Pete is not press no matter how much he claims it.

Other reporters have mentioned him in tweets/articles and basically the mentality is: What Pete has done would get him, at best, removed from being a field reporter. The worst case scenario is that he get's arrested with the rest of them because he is clearly part of their camp. Also some other journos have said that if he were actually in a warzone and was pulling what he's doing now, that he'd have been shot long ago.

Journalists don't give hour long speeches about how "our side" is right. Pete should be arrested along with the rest of these militants.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

theflyingorc posted:

Pete seriously worries me more than anyone else there and i would like him to be a nonliving person for the safety of others
He's getting increasingly desperate for something to happen as the days go by. "Pull the loving trigger" has probably been running through his mind all day.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crain posted:

Also some other journos have said that if he were actually in a warzone and was pulling what he's doing now, that he'd have been shot long ago.

That's because he'd be the stupid gently caress shouting "Hey you camel jockeys, why don't you engage us?! We're all right here! I've got detailed locations!" All the muzzles would be pointed at him

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

Luck? A number of people were injured during the Ferguson protests, including several serious gunshot wounds that very well could have been fatal. A mumber of police officers were also injured, yet shockingly the cops didn't just mow down the crowd like you seem to think they should do at the slightest hint of danger. Also, Ferguson didn't meet the conditions I described in the first place - though there were a number of violent clashes that very easily could have led to disaster, there was no siege, and in any case the police had little choice but to intervene since some of the protesters were openly rioting, which makes it hard to call Ferguson "peaceful".

Armed protestors also are not "peaceful". That hasn't once stopped you from calling them that, though. Weird, huh? Now what could be different about these protesters compared to Ferguson that would make you give them more benefit of the doubt, I wonder...

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

SocketWrench posted:

Man, you're a special brand of retarded that after confronting an armed FBI agent and he does jack poo poo nothing you feel your security is threatened

Pete isn't an actual reporter as much as he wishes he was. Some of the articles today about the protest, are listing him as a "Militia Sympathizer" and credit him with leading the protest. Even "Militia Sympathizer" is still being kind to him since at this point he's clearly one of the main instigators of everything that's happening there. He's been at every town meeting, screaming their spinwords at anybody who disagrees with them until he's thrown out. When counter protesters show up like today, he's all but physically assaulting them. There was one point where he was standing in a guys face, with a megaphone, just screaming at him while the guy was holding both of his ears clearly in pain.

Today live on stream, he called the county dispatch office and put the dispatcher on mic so the livestream could hear her. He then spent 10 minutes demanding that she send the Sheriff out to help the protesters 'negotiate' with the FBI. The dispatcher finally just kept repeating "I've passed the message on" while he screamed at her "So the Sheriff is coming, YES OR NO" he then started demanding her name and number, wanting thousands of people watching live to hear her name and number and such. She wisely refused to tell him anything other than "This is county dispatch"

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Who What Now posted:

Armed protestors also are not "peaceful". That hasn't once stopped you from calling them that, though. Weird, huh? Now what could be different about these protesters compared to Ferguson that would make you give them more benefit of the doubt, I wonder...

Wait, so mere possession of firearms which they aren't using is just as non-peaceful as looting and damaging businesses while throwing rocks at the police? I'm not pro-gun, but merely possessing a legally owned weapon which you have the right to carry does not, by itself, constitute violence.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Main Paineframe posted:

Wait, so mere possession of firearms which they aren't using is just as non-peaceful as looting and damaging businesses while throwing rocks at the police? I'm not pro-gun, but merely possessing a legally owned weapon which you have the right to carry does not, by itself, constitute violence.

Threatening a shootout is, as these people have done, repeatedly. It was the basis of their whole thing; "we're taking this land and we'll shoot anyone who comes to kick us out."

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Guns are not fashion accessories, they did not bring them because they pair well with their boots. They brought them as an implicit threat of violence, which pairs well with their explicit threat of violence.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

So they have all these weapons on them, but they have no intention of using? Wouldn't it be easier to leave them at home, if that were the case? I imagine some of those AR-15s would be quite heavy to carry around all day for no reason.

This is of course also ignoring the fact that they have also (repeatedly) said that they actually plan on using said weapons on anyone that tries to interfere (this detail in particular seems to be constantly ignored for some reason..)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Main Paineframe posted:

The only reason to come armed is to commit violence. So yes, it does in fact constitute violence or at least a serious threat of it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Who What Now posted:

The only reason to come armed is to commit violence. So yes, it does in fact constitute violence or at least a serious threat of it.

I don't have a particular problem with eg the Black Panthers (or the goofballs currently calling themselves the New ones) engaging in open carry protests. That's not what bothers me about these folks either as such - it's their strongly suggested threats of violence, their explicit threats of organized lynching by paramilitaries citizen courts, and the material damage they're doing in their protest.

Engaging in threats of violence while carrying a firearm is more concerning than engaging in threats of violence while carrying a baked potato, mind.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

The USA does a lot of things that look weird as gently caress to an outsider so I'm not willing to say that they can't simultaneously be peaceful nonviolent protestors and ready to shoot any law enforcement types who look like they might try to stop them coming and going, but it seems like those two things would be mutually exclusive.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
PROTIP: If your civil disobedience action is prolonged by threatening to shoot the authorities, it is no longer civil.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Roland Jones posted:

Threatening a shootout is, as these people have done, repeatedly. It was the basis of their whole thing; "we're taking this land and we'll shoot anyone who comes to kick us out."

^^

The Tea Party had a number of protests where they showed up with lots of guns. And while I've got plenty to say about the difference between those protests and protests on the other end of the political spectrum, they did not, to my knowledge, threatened to shoot people with them. The threat of violence is, in itself, a form of violence.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I don't have a particular problem with eg the Black Panthers (or the goofballs currently calling themselves the New ones) engaging in open carry protests. That's not what bothers me about these folks either as such - it's their strongly suggested threats of violence, their explicit threats of organized lynching by paramilitaries citizen courts, and the material damage they're doing in their protest.

Engaging in threats of violence while carrying a firearm is more concerning than engaging in threats of violence while carrying a baked potato, mind.

I don't necessarily have problems with open-carry protests either, I just wouldn't call them peaceful. Peaceful protesting isn't the only valid form of protest. But I stand by my statement that the only valid reason to carry a firearm is because you are willing to use it, be it offensively or defensively, and that is a clear and serious threat. If you don't want to be seen as a non-peaceful protest then don't bring guns, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Subterfrugal posted:

PROTIP: If your civil disobedience action is prolonged by threatening to shoot the authorities, it is no longer civil.

Accepting, even active seeking out, the consequences: beatings, jail, fire-hoses, etc is also fundamental to civil disobedience.

Civil disobedience is about winning by suffering the consequences of losing publicly. I don't think any of these men would really be willing to do that. These guys are cowards.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Main Paineframe posted:

Stop being a disingenuous rear end, you drat well know that they:

1. Have guns.
2. Have committed a laundry list of crimes.
3. Have said that if authorities try to arrest them that they will use the guns in their possession on law enforcement officers.

How, pray tell, does this count as peaceful protest?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

BrandorKP posted:

Accepting, even active seeking out, the consequences: beatings, jail, fire-hoses, etc is also fundamental to civil disobedience.

Civil disobedience is about winning by suffering the consequences of losing publicly. I don't think any of these men would really be willing to do that. These guys are cowards.

The whole idea behind successful civil disobedience is that you have to demonstrate to the public at large that you and your compatriots are victims of the system, by making passive victimization (back of the bus, etc.) into active victimization (firehoses).

You can't do that by actively being an aggressor or by fighting back with physical violence. Shooting a bunch of cops is not a good way to demonstrate that you are a victim of systemic brutality.

If you're participating in an "open carry protest," you're threatening physical violence against the system, threatening (at best) to counter the system's violence with your own violence.

At that point, you're not doing the gandhi/mlk/jesus thing any more. You're doing something else. It's substantively, mechanically different from nonviolent protest and works along different premises. Note that I'm not saying it can't work. It may even be necessary in some circumstances (how far would MLK have gotten without Malcolm X or the Panthers?) but it's fundamentally different from non-violent passive protest.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 17, 2016

flamingweedle
Oct 8, 2010
They were just trying to auction off dildos during the stream. One had "We need more Waco's" written on it with a sharpie.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
What is the current stream, I'd like to buy a freedong

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

So they have all these weapons on them, but they have no intention of using? Wouldn't it be easier to leave them at home, if that were the case? I imagine some of those AR-15s would be quite heavy to carry around all day for no reason.

Plenty of people carry guns around all day without using them.

Roland Jones posted:

They haven't threatened a shootout. What they have said (for the most part) is similar, but not quite that. Some individuals have probably threatened a shootout, but per the Hutaree precedent, those views can't be assumed to be shared by the others.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

Subterfrugal posted:

What is the current stream, I'd like to buy a freedong

I too would like the current stream. This thread is so boring when it's the same 5 people having a constant circlejerk about whether or not these criminals should be arrested because they're peaceful. So many pages in and they're still yammering the same crap that's been said 30 times already on every page.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
I think this is the stream they were talking about and the main one for this "happening," in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

They haven't threatened a shootout. What they have said (for the most part) is similar, but not quite that. Some individuals have probably threatened a shootout, but per the Hutaree precedent, those views can't be assumed to be shared by the others.

Bullshit. If law enforcement wasn't worried about getting killed, this would have been over weeks ago.

• Locked thread