Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Klaus88 posted:

I prefer to remember him as a Die Hard villain personally.

Ah yes, definitely Alan Rickmans second best Christmas movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah, Robin Hood really captures the spirit of the season.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Fulchrum posted:

Ugh, why do people keep saying this. Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie, it is a movie that was set during Christmas.The fact that it takes place over Christmas is completely incidental to the plot, and the writers could have picked any other time of the year and they wouldn't have needed to change anything. It's no more a Christmas movie than Kojima's Snatcher is a Christmas videogame.

:goonsay:

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jan 17, 2016

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

The punchline is funnier if you accept it as a complete nonsequiter instead of a point about businessmen. "You like Trump, huh? Well what if I told you I pissed in your Cheerios!"

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Wanamingo posted:

Ugh, why do people keep saying this. Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie, it is a movie that was set during Christmas.The fact that it takes place over Christmas is completely incidental to the plot, and the writers could have picked any other time of the year and they wouldn't have needed to change anything. It's no more a Christmas movie than Kojima's Snatch is a Christmas videogame.

Heh, it's Snatcher, and it features a dude in a Santa costume at one point, it counts. :colbert:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MonsieurChoc posted:

Heh, it's Snatcher, and it features a dude in a Santa costume at one point, it counts. :colbert:

Snatcher? No, no, I'm just really into Hideo Kojima. Really into him.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Saint Sputnik posted:

The punchline is funnier if you accept it as a complete nonsequiter instead of a point about businessmen. "You like Trump, huh? Well what if I told you I pissed in your Cheerios!"

Funnier to me is framing the release of US prisoners from Iran as scoring points against Republicans. It's incongruous but I still understand why Animal Nuz is doing a victory dance.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Wanamingo posted:

Snatcher? No, no, I'm just really into Hideo Kojima. Really into him.

Is your ringtone that "thank you for your continued support" quote that plays if Psycho Mantis finds multiple Kojima games on your memory card?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Wanamingo posted:

Ugh, why do people keep saying this. Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie, it is a movie that was set during Christmas.The fact that it takes place over Christmas is completely incidental to the plot, and the writers could have picked any other time of the year and they wouldn't have needed to change anything. It's no more a Christmas movie than Kojima's Snatcher is a Christmas videogame.

Oh cool, I have a new favourite Christmas videogame!

I'm lying, it's still Elf Bowling

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Wanamingo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rtezCvY6mc

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Looks like somebody forgot the Reason for the Season...

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

SOFREP (the milblog that Lang shills for these days) got a redesign with tags and things to make it easier to find the cartoons! And then they forgot to put the "cartoon" tag on this one!

SOFREP posted:

Trump is almost tailor made for the Joe the Plumber crowd, but can he get the votes, or the nomination he needs?

Remember that guy? I still think he was a satirical character played by Michael Chiklis.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Trump will round up and publically purge all of the minorities and people he disagrees with, and this is a good thing. A Joseph Stalin Cartoon.

(showing your canidiate as murdering somebody, even a representation of an abstract concept, is not a good way to make people think your guy is the good guy).

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Unless, of course, you're the kind of person that believes unrestrained rape and murder is a heroic ideal.

Which, uh, might explain a bit about certain constituents.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

xthetenth posted:

gently caress you poor, you're not really poor unless you're eating dried rice and beans because you don't have money for a refrigerator or any dietary variety.

I thought this, too. Well, something like this, but I still don't get the point of the cartoon.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Wanamingo posted:

Honestly, the same could be said about It's a Wonderful Life.

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Remember that guy? I still think he was a satirical character played by Michael Chiklis.

The Thing is not a Tea Partier. :colbert:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Rorus Raz posted:

Trump is connecting with dummies. A Good Cartoon.

Look at that pansy-rear end Iranian uniform with a tutu and spats! OBAMA YOU PUSSY SHOOT THE IRANS

It amazes me how good Lester is at being a complete shitheel. I mean, other people have better art, but no one is as good at pulling together a bunch of rear end in a top hat opinions and weaving them into a single cartoon that astounds with its hosed-up-ness.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Haha. I love this poo poo. It seems like Lester is taking the Eric Allie/Scott Stantis route that an enormously racist bigot and complete loving jackass is leading the GOP primaries right now because Obama bad.

Was it Obama's fault that Lester popped off and punched his wife, too? One wonders.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I tried doing that once and gave myself a rug burn on my arm. :saddowns:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Eschers Basement posted:

Look at that pansy-rear end Iranian uniform with a tutu and spats! OBAMA YOU PUSSY SHOOT THE IRANS

It amazes me how good Lester is at being a complete shitheel. I mean, other people have better art, but no one is as good at pulling together a bunch of rear end in a top hat opinions and weaving them into a single cartoon that astounds with its hosed-up-ness.

Also Obama's carrying a juice box because OBAMA PUSSY DAMMIT

Unlike this hunka hunka man here:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Wanamingo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDntpV_HdQ

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, those stupid dead fuckers get what they deserve!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

The last panel should be written "God is not so nice." This isn't true for all Christians, mind, but does the author realize he just made the argument that he's more compassionate towards the dead than God?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

Haha. I love this poo poo. It seems like Lester is taking the Eric Allie/Scott Stantis route that an enormously racist bigot and complete loving jackass is leading the GOP primaries

Mike "Moe" Lester is leading the GOP primaries?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Eschers Basement posted:

IMO, Branco is worse, and by worse I mean The Worst. :barf:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

IMO, Branco is worse, and by worse I mean The Worst. :barf:

It's a toss up between him and the McCoys for me. Rameriez gets dishonorable mention.

I have to admit that out of all the cartoonists here, Lester seems to be the objectively worst human being.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

And I mean, really - isn't it White People's turn to be on top? Haven't we spent enough time NOT flourishing and dancing in the sunlight? Can't WE have it easy for loving once? I just want to walk into any public space, drop my pants, and then scream until the nearest brown person sucks me off. Double points if it's a brown woman! I'm just worried if I don't vote for Trump - who by the way is NOT RACIST and NOT MISOGYNIST; that's all just a bunch of bullshit the media's feeding ya - then I'm just dooming myself to another ten thousand years of being completely owned and destroyed by brown people, and it's not a world I want to leave my perfect children in.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

this joke isnt as funny as the one where die hard is a christmas movie

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Might as well never criticize New York ever again.
*it's september 11, 2001, and for some reason ted cruz is there*

Cruz: LAAAAAME! LLLLLLLLAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEE!!!! HEY, HOW ABOUT THOSE loving KNICKS, YOU GODDAMN LOSERS. THE YANKEES ARE GAY. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWW

cram me sideways fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 17, 2016

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Why is Jimmy Carter holding Biden's cancer cure?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

MelvinBison posted:

Why is Jimmy Carter holding Biden's cancer cure?

How do you think Carter got rid of his cancer?

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Yo, Stallie, you are mediocre in every way and will never be a tenth as talented as Bill Waterson.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Geostomp posted:

It's a toss up between him and the McCoys for me. Rameriez gets dishonorable mention.

I have to admit that out of all the cartoonists here, Lester seems to be the objectively worst human being.

Sure, he's a wife-beater, but that's not how we judge these things. Otherwise, Ed Wood was a better film-maker than Roman Polanski.

Originally, my "unholy trinity" was Asay, Lester, and Glenn McCoy. With Asay's retirement, I need someone to replace him, and since then Branco seems to have become much more noticeably evil. Ramirez occasionally goes for the "pure evil" prize, but most of the time he's too bland to hate.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I asked my New Yorker friend what "New York values" are and she said not missing the drunk train at 1:40am and having to wait four hours for the next one.

Seriously though, if Trump gets the nomination I'm gonna be sad because it means Republicans will stop their outlandish complaints about him, and be replaced with comparatively more reasonable and less entertaining complaints from the Dems.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 17, 2016

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

cram me sideways posted:

Might as well never criticize New York ever again.

*it's september 11, 2001, and for some reason ted cruz is there*

The only time Real Americans like New York is when it's blown up/under rubble/meltin' steel beams with jet fuel.
Not the rest of the time when it's full of hateful Jews and frightening immigrants and complicated food and the homosexuals.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

this joke isnt as funny as the one where die hard is a christmas movie

That joke is so loving tired it's reaching dad joke territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

a) I really enjoyed how Stantis Allie decided to deal with the continued popularity of Trump by moving on to attacking Clinton.
b) Yes, I remember when Democratic politician Hillary Clinton was famously in an "undisclosed location."

• Locked thread