Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Fresh cricket mishap from last night

http://i.imgur.com/AkGqfEv.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Not knowing a thing about cricket, is the frood that the ball went over his head or that the guy seemingly rolled his ankle pretty bad?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The ball's not meant to go over his head, yes. But look closer at his foot.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaTR46iU1Do

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hyperlynx posted:

The ball's not meant to go over his head, yes. But look closer at his foot.

Perhaps it is you who should look closer...

Bottom Liner posted:

Not knowing a thing about cricket, is the frood that the ball went over his head or that the guy seemingly rolled his ankle pretty bad?

... at the post?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Baron von Eevl posted:

Perhaps it is you who should look closer...

... at the post?

Nope. Clooooseeeerrrrrrrrrrr

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Those cleats must have some serious grip.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
this coinflip hosed the packers in the nfl playoffs

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ayn rand hand job posted:

gently caress that coin and gently caress the Cardinals and gently caress the lovely overtime rules

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Bottom Liner posted:

gently caress that coin and gently caress the Cardinals and gently caress the lovely overtime rules

Angry Wisconsinite detected

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I know nothing about football besides the people in charge hate goal celebrations and by extension fun, what's so bad about that coin flip? I'm on my phone at work with no Wi-Fi, can't load the gif worth a drat.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I know nothing about football besides the people in charge hate goal celebrations and by extension fun, what's so bad about that coin flip? I'm on my phone at work with no Wi-Fi, can't load the gif worth a drat.

It doesn't look like it flipped at all.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

It didn't flip at all.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ayn rand hand job posted:

Thank you for that 40 megabyte gif

http://i.imgur.com/UI1OBhC.webm

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Ah, so it wasn't just my phone struggling to load a 40mb gif over the network. I thought the coin wasn't moving a lot.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Wanamingo posted:

Thank you for that 40 megabyte gif

The schadenfreude is the forums finally supporting webms and people STILL insisting on posting mobile-crushing gifs.

e: VVVVVVV Ok, now that's just cruel. VVVVVVV

TheRagamuffin has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Jan 17, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Also a little on me for working someplace that doesn't give the graveyard shift access to wifi :smithcloud:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoyO4L3StoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1JRaGJpzc8

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Also a little on me for working someplace that doesn't give the graveyard shift access to wifi :smithcloud:

Unholy. If I didn't have wifi on grave I think I'd snap and stab someone.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My phone plan has unlimited data, so it's not intolerable. Gets slow as gently caress after the first 500mb, though :shepface: so no Photoshop/gif threads til i get home.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

I love how this is happening to a statue of Lenin. :allears:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://www.gizmag.com/body-dryer-bath-towel-an-alternative/31596/

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My phone plan has unlimited data, so it's not intolerable. Gets slow as gently caress after the first 500mb, though :shepface: so no Photoshop/gif threads til i get home.

Big gifs can make firefox grind to a halt

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Bottom Liner posted:

They should have just picked the side that facing up in the first place. Go (to hell) Pack!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So wait is the coin actually not flipping or is it just flipping in phase with the camera's framerate? It looks like it's kinda jittery, so I'm thinking maybe the latter.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's a hell of a thumb on the guy to get the coin spinning fast enough to sync with a slow-mo camera.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Baron von Eevl posted:

So wait is the coin actually not flipping or is it just flipping in phase with the camera's framerate? It looks like it's kinda jittery, so I'm thinking maybe the latter.
The coin did not flip. They redid the toss afterwards, and it flipped then. The Cardinals won both times.

edit: the coins they use look friggin' huge and heavier than normal coins, so I can understand why it wouldn't flip if you accidentally hit it in the center when you try to flip it.

Grey Fox has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Jan 17, 2016

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Is she wearing a mask too?

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's a hell of a thumb on the guy to get the coin spinning fast enough to sync with a slow-mo camera.

That doesn't look like actual slo-mo, just a slowed down normal broadcast. So you're talking 24 fps, or maaaybe like 60 fps on the high end. And remember it only has to flip "half" as much as the frame rate since the coin will be horizontal twice in a 360 rotation.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

But why would she need an old woman next to her, though? PR?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

CommissarMega posted:

But why would she need an old woman next to her, though? PR?

It was to promote a program where teenagers volunteer to help shovel snow for old people.I guess they couldn't find a real old person but wanted to visually demonstrate the concept of one.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It was to promote a program where teenagers volunteer to help shovel snow for old people.I guess they couldn't find a real old person but wanted to visually demonstrate the concept of one.

It's really mind-boggling. Is a volunteer snow-shoveling program controversial enough that you need to fake support for it?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe that man just identifies as an elderly woman, what's wrong with that?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Politicians are blamed for thinking outside the box.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
This is something straight out of parks and recreation.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Dammit, Jerry!

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Meanwhile, a hair salon owner told WJAR-TV that she unwittingly supplied the wig for the caper to David Roberts, the van driver who transports seniors to the salon. Roberts did not immediately return a message left at his work.

"He says to me, 'Elaine, do you have a wig that I could borrow? I have to get dressed as a senior,'" Elaine Mancuso told the station. She later realized why he wanted it.

"I said, 'Oh, my God. He wanted it for that.' I probably would have given him a better wig if I had known."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Useless
Sep 13, 2003
I'm keeping three or four fingers crossed you get a buick up the ass before the night is over.

This is a good gif.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS