Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

originally, Apple Music allowed you to add tracks that are available for streaming on Apple Music to your iCloud Music Library (previously referred to as "iTunes in the Cloud")

now, you can also add your own tracks, which are not available for streaming on Apple Music, to iCloud Music Library. iTunes Match has always done this, but previously it was a separate subscription from Apple Music. so you had to pay $25 a year for iTunes Match plus $10 a month for Apple Music. now that's included in Apple Music for $10 a month

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

also I believe Apple Music files were DRMed and iTunes Match stuff isn't. does that mean Apple Music tracks are DRM free now?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

most certainly not, as they require an active subscription for access. iTunes Match is just your own totally legal personal CD rips that you've imported into iTunes.exe and uploaded to iCloud Music Library.

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jan 17, 2016

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Apple hasn't opened up the music api yet :I

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

THC posted:

originally, Apple Music allowed you to add tracks that are available for streaming on Apple Music to your iCloud Music Library (previously referred to as "iTunes in the Cloud")

now, you can also add your own tracks, which are not available for streaming on Apple Music, to iCloud Music Library. iTunes Match has always done this, but previously it was a separate subscription from Apple Music. so you had to pay $25 a year for iTunes Match plus $10 a month for Apple Music. now that's included in Apple Music for $10 a month

yeah but ive been doing this since the beginning of apple music? thats how ive had my beatles stuff on there for months despite them not being available to stream until recently.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The Management posted:

I refuse to believe the person that wrote this was not trolling. no one can be this stupid

this is a popular meme. it was originally about square-unix or maybe microsoft.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

heh memes.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Athletic Footjob posted:

yeah but ive been doing this since the beginning of apple music? thats how ive had my beatles stuff on there for months despite them not being available to stream until recently.
maybe you already had itunes match active on your account

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

THC posted:

maybe you already had itunes match active on your account
nope.

this article from June asks and answers the q "if Apple Music duplicates iTunes Match's feature-set, why is Apple keeping Match as an option?"

http://m.imore.com/apple-music-vs-itunes-match-whats-difference

so unless Apple Music also gives drm free matching like iTunes Match did, this is still the same feature I've been using for over half a year now.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it didnt used to do that for me idk. perhaps its a country by country thing :shrug:

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 17, 2016

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
in the US at least, match has been a feature of Apple Music from launch. you could separately subscribe to match if you did not want Apple Music. the limit is now 100,000 songs iirc

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

what happens if i just recently paid for my yearly match subscription and now sign up for Apple Music?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

PleasureKevin posted:

they could make a public API for literally 1 app to tint the screen, or they can just make it a feature in the OS

lol if you think that only one app would exist.

if the api were opened sure f.lux would have an app but there would be 100000 clones in the store in a matter of minutes. you'd probably see a bunch of novelty ones doing poo poo like having a 99¢ IAP for "princess mode" to tint the screen pink or "camo mode" making it all green or some such poo poo.

f.lux basically only only had one good end game and that was an apple buyout.

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

lol if you think that only one app would exist.

if the api were opened sure f.lux would have an app but there would be 100000 clones in the store in a matter of minutes. you'd probably see a bunch of novelty ones doing poo poo like having a 99¢ IAP for "princess mode" to tint the screen pink or "camo mode" making it all green or some such poo poo.

f.lux basically only only had one good end game and that was an apple buyout.

also a bunch of apps that would have done exactly what flux does and also send whatever data they could get their grubby paws on to China.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

so apps shouldn't exist at all, then

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

mishaq posted:

what happens if i just recently paid for my yearly match subscription and now sign up for Apple Music?

sucks 2 b u

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

oh god steve was right

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

apps should exist for the first ~6 months of their lifetime.

after that they stop making money and the author puts ads in trying to push people to some "premium" version, or at least it keeps pushing the author's other apps.

or the app keeps expanding, first adding text messaging and then pictures, audio and finally video messaging.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

you forgot email

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PleasureKevin posted:

this is a popular meme. it was originally about square-unix or maybe microsoft.

Nail on head. It was the Sony fanboys getting upset about one of the Final Fantasy games being ported to the Xbox 360

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

You Am I posted:

Nail on head. It was the Sony fanboys getting upset about one of the Final Fantasy games being ported to the Xbox 360

oh my god, I thought it was about layoffs at MS Japan or Square Enix. they actually thought porting a game was an affront to Japanese ideas of honour lmfaooo. didn't Nintendo let Panasonic make Mario games haha

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

oh my god, they are porting the mass market media franchise to the gaijin console. summon the village elders so we might decide how to deal with these traitors.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PleasureKevin posted:

oh my god, they are porting the mass market media franchise to the gaijin console. summon the village elders so we might decide how to deal with these traitors.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
so is cremnob dead

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

apparently there's a DC emulator for Mac now and it's coming to iOS too

http://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-3-released/

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
where is a Steam Link client for tvOS

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

where is a Steam Link client for tvOS

in the Land of Imagination, right next to the official Sony produced DualShock 4 driver for Windows

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I thought the ds4 worked in windows without drivers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm p. sure no hardware works without drivers.

if it works oob without a 3rd party driver, it's probably using some generic microsoft HID driver, meaning a lot of input options may not work (e.g. gyro, throttle, etc)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

how you can post this without video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4in1AUemxqM

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRfP_TEQ-g

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Jesus

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
i love propaganda 🇺🇸

gnrk
Apr 1, 2008

qirex posted:

ps4 controller works on Macs out of the box

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

most stuff does

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

qirex posted:

They do

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

infernal machines posted:

i'm p. sure no hardware works without drivers.

if it works oob without a 3rd party driver, it's probably using some generic microsoft HID driver, meaning a lot of input options may not work (e.g. gyro, throttle, etc)

yep, the controller has a hid descriptor which gets you basic button and stick support, but nothing else works and the light is stuck on full brightness. you need a proper driver if you want rumble and the light dimmed.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
dual shock controllers are bad. idk why in the world you'd use one instead of an xbox controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the ds4 is better than the xbone one.

3.5mm port (Xbox one has this now but didn't at launch) for chat and game audio

touch pad

share button

light bar for position tracking.

• Locked thread