Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
:stare: Huh...

https://twitter.com/COINTELPROtoday/status/688822298355187712

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"Sit on all the dicks"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

kartikeya posted:

I could be wrong, my understanding of most of the nuttier Mormon splinter groups is that they're not particularly wealthy. Doesn't rule out their involvement, but if I were to take a shot in the dark, I'd say it's more likely a group like the American Lands Council (they're apparently even using their map).

You're correct about the Mormon splinter groups- few are wealthy. The source of concern for McNab and myself is that this incarnation of sovcit appears to be specifically fixated on "returning" land, something that aligns with a number of extractive interests.

edit: McNab believes, with decent evidence, that it's the American Lands Council. Click the below tweet for the full set of screenshots showing when they started funding the Bundys. The timeline for them being behind this iteration of the sovcit movement fits quite well.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/688747922054316032

This terribly formatted blog post does a nice review of the organization's background, aside from some anti-Mormonism that comes through. ALC does appear to be behind the Bundys, but their funding sources aren't clear. The ringleader of that group is a guy named Ken Ivory, who is a state legislator and is really hardcore into the selling off lands thing- he's built his career around it.

Crain posted:

Pete seems to have steamed earlier. Anyone see it?

I...really don't want to watch that.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 18, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

SLAMMYsosa posted:

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but that is exactly what they are doing.

Heh, lots of supporters in the comments are pissed off by this.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Somehow make that photo the new title of the thread, just make it happen pls

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mr Interweb posted:

...before adding ominously “We hear things. We’ll just leave it at that.”

Huh. Ya don't say?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

You're correct about the Mormon splinter groups- few are wealthy. The source of concern for McNab and myself is that this incarnation of sovcit appears to be specifically fixated on "returning" land, something that aligns with a number of extractive interests.

I...really don't want to watch that.

Yeah, I'm afraid I know as much about the splinter groups as anyone else (which is to say, piss all, really).

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Please confirm to me that that isn't a photoshop. It certainly looks homemade if you examine it closely

edit - the throne, i mean

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Pretty sure it's photoshoped upon a second look.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

As funny as that is it looks photoshopped as all hell.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Anyone have video clips of them pulling out the dildos and shoving the boxes off the desk?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
Another one of that guy's tweets features a picture of a bunch of dudes standing around a giant 50 foot tall dick. So yes, they appear to be photoshopped.

I still laughed, though.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/Patztense/status/688838098067804160

Totally peaceful.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
This situation is so silly that people in this thread think there might be an actual Iron Dick Throne at the refuge.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah, now that I check it out on my desktop it's clearly photoshopped.

for now

How much does it cost to mail a spraypainted dildo and Styrofoam chair halfway across the country?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Epic High Five posted:

How much does it cost to mail a spraypainted dildo and Styrofoam chair halfway across the country?

No cost is too great to bear for a worthy cause.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, now that I check it out on my desktop it's clearly photoshopped.

for now

Everyone please remember that over $1000 has already been spent by the opposition in order to send 55 gallons of lube.

There is no ceiling on the cost to troll these guys.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Just get the Cards Against Humanity guy to do it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Tweet that picture at him with the captions "Make it So" and "If you build it, they will cum"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Evil Fluffy posted:

Except local cops are also behaving the same passive way. They aren't chomping at the bit and being held back by the feds.

...burns has like 5000 people. The local cops literally don't have the resources to oppress protestors.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Yeah, I guess the only sane thing to do is to start stockpiling bottlecaps. Do you guys think the new world order will like IBC caps?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SquadronROE posted:

Yeah, I guess the only sane thing to do is to start stockpiling bottlecaps. Do you guys think the new world order will like IBC caps?

At least at first, the new world order will be painkillers and insulin. After that it's tough to predict, as some corrupt politician will probably go off the insulin standard and start the cycle all over again :rolleyes:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SquadronROE posted:

Take the scrounger perk and use .38 rounds as cash.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I'm totally shocked the dildo throne isn't real, that sounds like something these whitebread old people would actually do.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I'm totally shocked the dildo throne isn't real, that sounds like something these whitebread old people would actually do.

They had a dildo auction earlier. We are beyond the veil in this year of 2016.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
They did? For real?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Man, you just can't win with the government. There you are, publicly committing federal crimes and bragging about it, and the goddamned government takes your foster kids you're getting a hundred grand a year for.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Being a foster parent as your main source of income just sounds so wrong, but you know that was probably his main source of labor on his ranch, too.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Grem posted:

Being a foster parent as your main source of income just sounds so wrong, but you know that was probably his main source of labor on his ranch, too.

Speaking of, what's PETA's dumb, gimmicky response to this whole situation, this was at one point adjunct to ranching after all.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Al! posted:

Speaking of, what's PETA's dumb, gimmicky response to this whole situation, this was at one point adjunct to ranching after all.

Vegan. Jerky.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pope Guilty posted:

Man, you just can't win with the government. There you are, publicly committing federal crimes and bragging about it, and the goddamned government takes your foster kids you're getting a hundred grand a year for.

Speaking from professional experience, it takes a hell of a lot to get Catholic Charities to support pulling kids from a home.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
Jump on Pete "I hate freedom" Santelli's feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5obtfR5Fito
Someone's kids got taken by CPS apparently?
edit: link: http://livestream.com/accounts/13464984/events/4610169

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

I am not a book posted:

Jump on Pete "I hate freedom" Santelli's feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5obtfR5Fito

Yeah, the tarp man traveled to Utah and back unobstructed and was bragging about it to OPB then found out that CPS took his foster kids away.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I am not a book posted:

Is he interviewing someone? Cause that's not Pete's voice?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

The Larch posted:

So if the difference isn't race, what is it?

And if the difference isn't race, why did you immediately assume that Who What Now was talking about race even though they didn't specify?

Because multiple people are claiming this is different because they arent black, and he wasnt exactly subtle. A lot of these people also dont read anything people in the last 100 pages say and just keep calling them racist. By all means though, act like a complete shitheap and fufill the tumblr stereotype that turns people off of progressive issues.

Compared to ferguson, these dudes havent set anything on fire or attacked anyone. Its also been going on a comparatively shorter time than say OWS and is arguably having a smaller impact on a lot less people because its some cabins in the woods and a small town vs a major location for the US economy.

There is also the difference in that these are feds and not local police. Theres also the fact these feds know how to handle a situation far better than local police. Stop being an idiot.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Because multiple people are claiming this is different because they arent black, and he wasnt exactly subtle. A lot of these people also dont read anything people in the last 100 pages say and just keep calling them racist. By all means though, act like a complete shitheap and fufill the tumblr stereotype that turns people off of progressive issues.

Compared to ferguson, these dudes havent set anything on fire or attacked anyone. Its also been going on a comparatively shorter time than say OWS and is arguably having a smaller impact on a lot less people because its some cabins in the woods and a small town vs a major location for the US economy.

There is also the difference in that these are feds and not local police. Theres also the fact these feds know how to handle a situation far better than local police. Stop being an idiot.

Speaking of not reading posts, I reiterate, stop comparing this to loving Ferguson.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

kartikeya posted:

Speaking of not reading posts, I reiterate, stop comparing this to loving Ferguson.

I dont think this is like ferguson at all but some people seem too and use it as a (retarded) reason to say the fbi should just charge

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Please instead send your sex toys, survival guides, and copies of the US Constitution to Ken Ivory the guy who appears to be bankrolling the more recent land seizure sovcit activities. It's kinda his thing.

edit: FWIW it's possible (though I wouldn't bet on it) that Finicum and his wife were excellent foster parents. Being bad at one thing doesn't translate to others, necessarily, and foster parents are in short supply. My main suspicion otherwise would be the propensity for homeschooled brainwashing in the sovcit movement.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 18, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain Bravo posted:

Tweet that picture at him with the captions "Make it So" and "If you build it, they will make it cum"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Internet Webguy posted:

Yeah, the tarp man traveled to Utah and back unobstructed and was bragging about it to OPB then found out that CPS took his foster kids away.

Sounds like a good move. Only further stupidity could come out of that from tarp man. Hopefully he hasn't brainwashed these kids too much

• Locked thread