Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

And once you have a good knife, keep it away from your pans!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Winklebottom posted:

This recipe isn't offensive or anything but check out the amazing onion cutting technique at 4:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqzkcwTCKX0

I was literally just about to post this. When she started cutting the onion, I felt so confused.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Winklebottom posted:

This recipe isn't offensive or anything but check out the amazing onion cutting technique at 4:45

Why even bother putting like 2 tablespoons of onion in your pasta? Has someone had a GoFundMe to buy her another knife, maybe a spatula and some measuring spoons while you're at Bed Bath and Beyond? I have so many questions.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I got really annoyed with how she transfered everything to the pan. She looked like she was in a "coin glued to sidewalk" prank. Just lift the cutting board!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I feel like I'm not very good at cutting onions and that video made me feel much better. :unsmith:

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The cucumber in the video appears to be a zucchini

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Winklebottom posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

e: How the gently caress does this women even still have fingers

AnonSpore has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Jan 17, 2016

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

The Lapin Kulta is probably the most offensive thing in that picture.
I'm a bit confused though - when I was in Finland our tour guide told us that Finns hate the Nazis for their actions in the Lapland War.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Zopotantor posted:

I'm a bit confused though - when I was in Finland our tour guide told us that Finns hate the Nazis for their actions in the Lapland War.

The True Finn party has about as good of a grasp on history as the Tea Partiers do in the states.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zopotantor posted:

If you're eating unsauced pasta shells with ketchup, you probably hate yourself more.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Sleeveless posted:

I feel so sorry for people with bad knife game. Get one good chef knife instead of a block of 20 lovely ones and you're set. poo poo, you can get a ceramic knife from Harbor Freight for like $10 that will cut through almost anything in the kitchen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGXylS-HFgg

God I love this video so much, this guy just delights me.

I want to buy one of his ceramic knives on principle. :allears:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Just imagine, your fruit will not be black forever

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Alright

weed is dead,

A bit belated, but the #1 way to destroy weed culture is only by corporations co-opting it.

By 2025, our moms will be emailing us about these danked blunt they rolled up.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Winklebottom posted:

As someone who chops up 50-100lbs of onions a week this is like nails on a chalkboard

I'm sure I've already posted this video itt but it's just so perfect in its wrongness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpOFzbiTXdI

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I can understand not knowing how to chop an onion, but... don't people realize you can just look that stuff up? Does she think that's how it's supposed to be done?

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Somehow the worst part of the salad lady's video is that she's chopping a million miles away from her stovetop. Between that and the incredibly bad knife skills I just wanted to yell at her about efficiency. :colbert:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Wanamingo posted:

I can understand not knowing how to chop an onion, but... don't people realize you can just look that stuff up? Does she think that's how it's supposed to be done?

I guess some people think that every aspect of cooking should be difficult, dangerous, and time consuming. The idea that your knife should be at least as large as the thing you're cutting does seem pretty obvious, though. Still, I see that sort of knife crime in all sorts of videos. Some people also just cook the way they're taught or come up with, and never consider how they can improve their process.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Pretty much that. Whenever I head to a friends place to cook there's a very good chance that when I ask for a knife to prep with they'll hand me a blunt steak knife and be done with it. My father's a chef, so for me it's common to have access to any size or shape knife I need, and a steel to hone with. But to most of my friends cooking is a chore and they seem to make every effort to make it as chore like as possible.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Otana posted:

God I love this video so much, this guy just delights me.

I want to buy one of his ceramic knives on principle. :allears:

There's a much longer one that somehow becomes increasingly surreal to me

LOOK AT THAT BREEF
*slices pork*

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

titties posted:

LOOK AT THAT BREEF
*slices pork*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k

I have to watch it every drat time someone links it.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wood

titties
May 10, 2012

Crust First posted:

Thank you.

If you like to drink or smoke drug and you aren't already hosed up then you should start getting hosed up right before you press play and watch the whole thing while getting hosed up.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

If that's the standard vegan diet I am so sorry for those poor souls.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKoxDOMaW_o

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The idea of homemade pizza rolls on its own sound like a fun junk food idea, it's the forced Totinos branding where you stick Totinos Pizza Rolls in your homemade pizza rolls and wrap the whole thing up in tryhard weed jokes that makes it gross.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

strangehamster posted:

It's definitely a cucumber.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

The idea of homemade pizza rolls on its own sound like a fun junk food idea, it's the forced Totinos branding where you stick Totinos Pizza Rolls in your homemade pizza rolls and wrap the whole thing up in tryhard weed jokes that makes it gross.

Nope. I used to make some, albeit with premade Filo dough. All from scratch (except the wrappers) and freshly deep fried in my wok. You have every one stuff their own, then roll and fry. And everyone gets what they want.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

I hope corporations continue to get worse about keeping up with people and by 2034 there's somehow still some making radical 90's advertisements for pizza.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RandomPauI posted:

If that's the standard vegan diet I am so sorry for those poor souls.

I actually tasted a vegan dish (curried vegetable stew) at the Jungle Cruise Skipper's Canteen a week or two ago, and I'd happily go vegan if all vegan food tasted like that. It almost tasted meaty.

Unfortunately, most vegan dishes I've seen outside of expensive restaurants have been a handful of vegetables thrown together, cooked with tofu, and served with a slice of mango for dessert.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Winklebottom posted:

I liked the part where she teaches us how to use a garlic press. She cooks like my sister-in-law, with one obvious exception that at least this lady uses fresh garlic, as opposed to the poo poo that comes preminced in a jar.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

I actually tasted a vegan dish (curried vegetable stew) at the Jungle Cruise Skipper's Canteen a week or two ago, and I'd happily go vegan if all vegan food tasted like that. It almost tasted meaty.

Stuff like curry/masala cheat by abusing cumin, clove, and nutmeg to infuse drat near anything with a rich, meaty flavor. Indian and East Asian cuisine are good places to go looking for vegan dishes because they're spiced so well that the actual content of the food hardly matters.

Skippy McPants has a new favorite as of 08:53 on Jan 18, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

strangehamster posted:

The word is 'courgette'.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I've worked in kitchens and know how to cut things correctly, but I have shaky hands and bad hand-eye coordination, so I can sympathize with people with bad knife skills.

I cannot sympathize with people who can't look up a YouTube video on how to cut a thing properly.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

kinmik posted:

I liked the part where she teaches us how to use a garlic press. She cooks like my sister-in-law, with one obvious exception that at least this lady uses fresh garlic, as opposed to the poo poo that comes preminced in a jar.

I like how she has background music playing (but turns it off after five minutes). The whole video is awful; it reminds me of when I watch my friends cook and the whole time I just want to boot them out of the kitchen and take over because they're so slow and inefficient.

e: I also like how she puts the tinned mushrooms in the pan first before she even starts cutting up the other vegetables so that they will be reduced to a homogenous slime by the time the dish is cooked.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alright UK, NZ or AUS, you guys are the ones who put beans on toast so one of you are gonna have to take the blame here. I know this pic is from the UK but one of you started this and one of you has to end it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what does the woman holding up an imaginary plate emoticon mean?

titties
May 10, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what does the woman holding up an imaginary plate emoticon mean?

I think she's raising the roof but her anemia only allows her the energy to use one arm or some poo poo

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

titties posted:

LOOK AT THAT BREEF
*slices pork*

Crust First posted:

THANK YOU. This makes me so happy, this guy's enthusiasm is contagious.

Megabound posted:

Pretty much that. Whenever I head to a friends place to cook there's a very good chance that when I ask for a knife to prep with they'll hand me a blunt steak knife and be done with it. My father's a chef, so for me it's common to have access to any size or shape knife I need, and a steel to hone with. But to most of my friends cooking is a chore and they seem to make every effort to make it as chore like as possible.

Ughhhh that is the worst. I'm not a professional chef by any means but I learned how to cook through trial and error and having a couple of good, sharp knives makes things so much easier. Whenever a friend asks me to cook at their place it always makes me nervous because I have no idea what kind of state they keep their knives in, or whether they have more than like, one small pot and a non-stick frying pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006

kinmik posted:

Lol I didn't want to click on this video but I just had to see how badly you can gently caress up cutting an onion. I've never seen an onion cut that way.

• Locked thread