Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That's a heat pipe, not a blinged-out water pump and fridge unit or something. Even game consoles and convertible laptops have those now.

yeah this, they're in literally every laptop and are incredibly reliable. it is pretty funny that a drat phone needs one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

mishaq posted:

*pretends windows 8 and 8.1 never happened*

shaggar is missing decades. perhaps centuries.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

can they legally call that liquid cooling? i mean no one else ever calls that liquid cooling.

regardless of the legality it's just one more way microsoft strives to insult the intelligence of it's last remaining users. like no one can be a microsoft fan for too long or past a certain age in my opinion, before you get fatigued by the bullshit and quit.

that is of course unless you're already a stuck-up contrarian who admires microsoft for telling Platonian "noble lies" to maintain the status quo, cough cough

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
also the built in calculator app just asked me to rate it in the windows store. good thing I'm not trying to get work done with this OS.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

can they legally call that liquid cooling? i mean no one else ever calls that liquid cooling.

regardless of the legality it's just one more way microsoft strives to insult the intelligence of it's last remaining users. like no one can be a microsoft fan for too long or past a certain age in my opinion, before you get fatigued by the bullshit and quit.

that is of course unless you're already a stuck-up contrarian who admires microsoft for telling Platonian "noble lies" to maintain the status quo, cough cough

it is very technically liquid based cooling

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Stux posted:

it is very technically liquid based cooling
even microsoft agrees: https://www.microsoft.com/en-xm/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA144585

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it is still extremely funny they call it liquid cooling and not just a heat pipe tho bcos they are obv trying to trick dumb PC users into getting such an epic phone. next model should have a window on the back and LEDs inside

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Stux posted:

it is still extremely funny they call it liquid cooling and not just a heat pipe tho bcos they are obv trying to trick dumb PC users into getting such an epic phone. next model should have a window on the back and LEDs inside

please make this happen

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Wheany posted:

please make this happen
only 90s kids will get this

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, I'm really enjoying the fact calculator just obscured my results by begging for feedback

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
microsoft could be smart and be one of the two cellphone companies to focus on lasting battery but lol at the chances

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

yes, microsoft innovating in battery technology is a wonderful idea that will definitely not result in toxic fire clouds amputating fingers anywhere

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
not battery tech, just make a cellphone 720p goddammit, I bet there is also a lot small things you could do besides that

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

program666 posted:

not battery tech, just make a cellphone 720p goddammit, I bet there is also a lot small things you could do besides that

a 720p cellular phone? who would suffer such a pos in 2016?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Blue Train posted:

a 720p cellular phone? who would suffer such a pos in 2016?

crapple lusers lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

we're talking about the same company that decided 1024x600 was a good resolution for apps, eh

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, I'm really enjoying the fact calculator just obscured my results by begging for feedback

go rate the app 1 star and write "Yes, I'm really enjoying the fact calculator just obscured my results by begging for feedback" in the comment field

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

lmfao

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Fame Douglas posted:

unbelievable lol.

thank god there are alternatives.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Stux posted:

next model should have a window on the back and LEDs inside
surprised that there isn't an android phone like this right now tbh

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

yes, microsoft innovating in battery technology is a wonderful idea that will definitely not result in toxic fire clouds amputating fingers anywhere

urr ight it wont because no one buys windows phones anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the next lumia could melt under load and no one would ever notice

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Fame Douglas posted:

what kind of rear end in a top hat approved this stupid poo poo?

wait, let me guess, there is a mandate that all first party apps in the store have a certain rating level and nobody is going to rate the calculator unless it is bad, so a middle manager on the calculator team made the call to boost his app stats. the fact that they let it ship like this means at the very least nobody at the top is paying attention, and more likely they actually approve of this idiotic idea.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Stux posted:

weird u can't see why it's normal for a laptop or game console to have one and rly dumb that a phone needs one

heatpipes are v good on laptops but lol at it on a phone

still its the nicest solution to the heat density issue

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

Sniep posted:

unbelievable lol.

thank god there are alternatives.
could it be that it's the 'alternatives' that made microsoft this way today?

like if they didn't have any pressure from the mobile/tablet market then they'd probably just stuck with the w7 ui forever without going down the road w8 lead them

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

DaNzA posted:

could it be that it's the 'alternatives' that made microsoft this way today?

like if they didn't have any pressure from the mobile/tablet market then they'd probably just stuck with the w7 ui forever without going down the road w8 lead them

this almost certainly the case

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Fame Douglas posted:

who the gently caress reviews a calculator?

are you going to be able to start reviewing file explorer or notepad?

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
up next review the window manager and the kernel

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

tell us what you think about .com.reviewer.popupbox

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

KidVanguard posted:

i'm surprised windows 10 doesnt try and force users to use a bespoke cloud-based version of notepad thats slow as poo poo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dubstep Jesus posted:

i'm surprised windows 10 doesnt try and force users to use a bespoke cloud-based version of notepad thats slow as poo poo

it does

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Celexi posted:

up next review the window manager and the kernel
it already asks "what do you think of windows?" after a certain amount of time on first install

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i don't get half of the poo poo people complain about and either it's because they've reserved the fuckery for the non-pro version or because i upgraded an 8.1 install that i'd already configured

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

anthonypants posted:

only 90s kids will get this

https://vimeo.com/12295073

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

dont post my 90s jack off material :jackbud:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

KidVanguard posted:

notepad SUCKS and file explorer has needed tabs for like 15 years

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

duTrieux. posted:

i don't get half of the poo poo people complain about and either it's because they've reserved the fuckery for the non-pro version or because i upgraded an 8.1 install that i'd already configured

ive had literally no problems with w10. the autists of YOSPOS seek out pain and inflict it upon themselves. as a low IQ normie who started reading at the old age of first grade (not pre-kinder, devouring novels at age 3) i have experienced none of the "fail" of win10. and instead bask in its epic features, UI, and software library.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

much like a dog getting shocked in a cage once ur pavlovian response kicks in the epic fail of windows in gernal seems normal and fine.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Stux posted:

much like a dog getting shocked in a cage once ur pavlovian response kicks in the epic fail of windows in gernal seems normal and fine.

this is using these words wrong, indicating your stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i wouldnt know anything about that as i am not some extremely idiot nerd, but a handosme muscle monster.

• Locked thread