Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Condiv posted:

how so, these nutjobs are from the refuge

how is this kidnapping unrelated?
because they would have done this regardless of whether or not they were at the refuge, and it's hardly unique to crazy SovCits. the vast majority of child abductions are done by parents who don't want to recognize the state's authority to tell them whether or not they're fit to raise their kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I wonder what other crimes we'll get to see unfold live on the internet before this is all said and done.

What a time to be alive! :downsbravo:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

theflyingorc posted:

because they would have done this regardless of whether or not they were at the refuge, and it's hardly unique to crazy SovCits. the vast majority of child abductions are done by parents who don't want to recognize the state's authority to tell them whether or not they're fit to raise their kids

it wasn't just them, they had aid from either a fake cop or a real cop abusing his authority. probably someone they met from the connections they made at their little psycho gathering. it's quite likely that the others at the "protest" pushed and aided them in abducting their kids

edit: and btw, if they were in jail like they should be they wouldn't have been able to abduct their kids. so yes, it's related to the refuge

Condiv fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 18, 2016

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

theflyingorc posted:

This crime isn't really directly tied to the stuff at the refuge
Lmao you really love these yokels don't you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Condiv posted:

no you see if they are ignored they won't escalate, that'd just make them look bad in the press

btw, this has never been funny. these psychos may not be the brightest of the bunch, but they are mad and they've got guns, and when they notice the feds are doing nothing they are going to feel free to break plenty of laws. the longer this is ignored the worse they will get. they literally believe they have the authority to conduct courts and sentence people to death, and it may be only a matter of time before they try to exercise that imagined authority

They were funny in that dark sort of way your crazy racist uncle is funny when he starts going off about chemtrails and Obama the Antichrist. Yeah, what they're saying is nuts but they don't have any real power, so you feel safe to laugh about it because you know if they ever tried anything people who are not crazy would step in and put a stop to that. Except where everyone was expecting that people would step in and put a stop to this, that didn't happen. And it keeps not happening. And meanwhile you start learning about how they're not so isolated in their crazy, and now they're actually going out and hurting people. And causing actual destruction. And oops now it's possible they kidnapped some kids. And all the while you've got people insisting, no no, they're really not actually dangerous unless someone tries to stop them, so better to just hang back and watch them commit crimes instead of doing what you're paid to do, IE, protect people.

Which is to say, it's not funny when your crazy racist uncle grabs a gun and goes out to act on his particular nonsense, but it's especially not funny when people you expect to do something about that instead just give him free reign. Empowered shitheads with dangerous ideologies, etc.

Also, gotta take out those spycams, man!

https://twitter.com/Downriver5/status/689091819993436163

Surely these aren't important.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I know I shouldn't, but I really hope that ladder makes contact with a live wire.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

That seems incredibly unlikely, given their help was also from the refuge and/or connected to larger SovCit nonsense and this seems like another escalation in the 'Feds aren't doing anything to stop us' vein. But even if this were so, they WERE at the refuge. Isn't Blaine Cooper one of the original militants? And if the refuge had been cordoned off in some fashion, it would have made it a lot harder for Cooper to go kidnap his kids (I'll grant, not impossible, given the layout, but harder). Especially since this whole stupid event may well have been over by now and he might have been sitting in a cell.

I mean, maybe this would have happened either way, sure. It didn't though, it happened this way, which means yes, the refuge thing is connected.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I wonder if we can make pete look like an FBI plant...

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

kartikeya posted:

That seems incredibly unlikely, given their help was also from the refuge and/or connected to larger SovCit nonsense and this seems like another escalation in the 'Feds aren't doing anything to stop us' vein. But even if this were so, they WERE at the refuge. Isn't Blaine Cooper one of the original militants? And if the refuge had been cordoned off in some fashion, it would have made it a lot harder for Cooper to go kidnap his kids (I'll grant, not impossible, given the layout, but harder). Especially since this whole stupid event may well have been over by now and he might have been sitting in a cell.

I mean, maybe this would have happened either way, sure. It didn't though, it happened this way, which means yes, the refuge thing is connected.

Did Blaine Cooper go to get his kids?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Geostomp posted:

So am I right in saying that the Bundy Bunch has officially crossed into "not funny" territory?

This situation was never funny. Any "haha, look at the crazies" was burned up in 2014 when the ranch standoff produced a pair of murders who killed cops and draped them in Glasden Flags (who were instantly disavowed, the loving cowards). The current Oregon stand off is directly related to the 2014 standoff that was never resolved.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

kartikeya posted:

Sure, whatever, but acting like this is a point against the feds is just goofy. We can't pretend that the argument has ever been "these people need to be cordoned off otherwise they'll go and commit domestic-related crimes in another state."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

theflyingorc posted:

Sure, whatever, but acting like this is a point against the feds is just goofy. We can't pretend that the argument has ever been "these people need to be cordoned off otherwise they'll go and commit domestic-related crimes in another state."

You know it's real hard to abduct kids from a prison cell, right?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Who What Now posted:

The couple of months they'd be likely to get right now is hardly a problem. I'm not even sure the people outside of the ringleaders can be charged with anything really heavy. And I was speaking specifically of a blockade, an arrest attempt is still a blatantly obvious dumb idea.

Unrelated, this article about the relationship between the "Committee of Safety" and Bundy. Basically, Bundy's been acting like they legitimize him when even that group of borderline-sovcit crazies think he's going overboard:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_harney_county_2.html#incart_maj-story-1

edit:

Even the committee of safety doesn't want him to stay:

quote:

"We feel that any good that may come out of this event has reached its full potential," the members wrote. "We ask that you organize your people, explain that your point has been made and leave in a peaceful and honorable fashion."

Ammon said "I'll leave if the community wants us to." His hand-created Ammon Bundy club says he should go. It's almost like he's not actually interested in whether or not the community wants him to go

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 18, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
lol listening to how crazy pete is, they're claiming we need to look up Ted Gunderson.

Here's his wikipedia:

quote:

He also investigated a child molestation trial in Manhattan Beach California. In a 1995 conference in Dallas, Gunderson warned about the supposed proliferation of secret Satanic groups, and the danger posed by the New World Order, an alleged shadow government that would be controlling the US government.[9] He also claimed that a "slave auction" in which children were sold to men in turbans had been held in Las Vegas, that four thousand ritual human sacrifices are performed in New York City every year, and that the 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City was carried out by the US government.[9] Gunderson believed that in the US there is a secret widespread network of groups who kidnap children and infants, and subject them to Satanic ritual abuse and subsequent human sacrifice. All of which is documented.[10][11]

Gunderson had an association with Anthony J. Hilder and was interviewed by him on various occasions. The two men appeared at numerous conferences together.[12] They both said that the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing was a result of FBI agent provocateurs.[13]

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Lead out in cuffs posted:

They took the video down. I don't suppose anyone saved it?

The FBI better be saving every second of Pete's streams as they're broadcast.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Who What Now posted:

putting the kids in prison is a bridge too far IMO

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
So, have we figured out which secret Jewish cabal is backing these yokels as a piece of counterintelligence to discredit genuine anti government movements?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

As a Millennial I posted:

The FBI better be saving every second of Pete's streams as they're broadcast.

If the FBI are too incompetent to do so at least we can feel safe in the knowledge that the NSA is on it. :nsa:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Well, it seems we were right and the crazy people would just "go away" if we ignored them. Oh, they kidnapped some kids? Cool.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013
I mean, I heard somewhere that these chucklefucks are actually FBI plants, which would explain why they aren't getting beatdown.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

I am not a book posted:

I mean, I heard somewhere that these chucklefucks are actually FBI plants, which would explain why they aren't getting beatdown.

They are not.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

many johnnys posted:

They are not.

Hey, I read it somewhere on the internet. In fact, I'm surprised that reddit and /pol/ aren't going crazy about this.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
I'm trying to read about it and I'm super confused about the timeline - who actually took the kids or whatever?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Maybe the CPS wouldn't have taken their kids if they hadn't declared to use them as human shields. Just a thought

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Or actually, you know, accessory to and perpetrators of multiple felonies.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

I'm trying to read about it and I'm super confused about the timeline - who actually took the kids or whatever?

I'm confused on that too. yesterday I did check Pete's stream and some guy who was obviously not Pete was filming out of his truck watching an intersection and commented on a dude who blew a stop sign. He was using it as an example of "a victim-less crime used to curtail freedoms" and went on to listing a bunch of very incorrect steps that law enforcement would go through to enforce their laws on that guy (had he been caught).

I'm not sure if that was the fake cop/crazy real cop who went to get the kids or if this was something else. Nearest I can figure is that someone went on behalf of the Cooper's and that group may have involved someone pretending to be a cop or there was a cop there who abused their position to take the kids. I don't think the Cooper's themselves left.

Which makes sense. If Ma and Pa Cooper had seen their Son and Daughter-in-law they probably would have known something was up and called the real cops or resisted. Right now it seems that the kids were just taken under the guise of extra protection or something.

Unless a copy of the "daring raid" pops up we're in the dark on this one.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

theflyingorc posted:

Their mother and some dude who was either law enforcement or posing as such. [e: Their having been taken into care] appears to be at the request of the extended family, although that's just what I'm getting from the chatter surrounding the whole thing.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

They took the video down. I don't suppose anyone saved it?

E: Here's Pete Santilli talking about it, though. So far I've only got to him calling the family members who called CPS literally Nazis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZC2dq74-_4

E2: Welp, check out the comments (from Blaine Cooper's father):

and from someone I assume is his brother:

Like the wildlife sanctuary, this seems like a strange hill to want to die on.

Sounds more like they went to get the kids before CPS showed up and took them like tarp man's. Then, in their all too well known passion for "truth", claim they took their kids back from some threat agency

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

"Deformation of catheter" - ignorance, autocorrect, or attempted humor?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Auto correct, because he probably doesn't know how to spell either defamation or character.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What court would he sue him in?

Where is 'deformation of catheter' a crime described in THE CONSTITUTION?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

theflyingorc posted:

It could be this:

SocketWrench posted:

Sounds more like they went to get the kids before CPS showed up and took them like tarp man's. Then, in their all too well known passion for "truth", claim they took their kids back from some threat agency

Yeah it's hard to tell. Pete Santilli did imply that the Blaine Cooper's parents had called CPS. The top two comments on the video are from people claiming to be relatives. They could be trolls, but if you look at his responses, Pete's been treating them like they were real. Even if the kids hadn't yet been taken by CPS, my understanding is that once the custody determination has been made, it's still kidnapping to remove your own kids to keep them away from CPS.

Perfectly Safe posted:

Did Blaine Cooper go to get his kids?

Santilli's words were that they are now "with their mommy", which I take to mean that Melissa Cooper went to go get their kids. There was also mention of a charter flight to "somewhere the government can't get them", so they may also have skipped the country?

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

SocketWrench posted:

If you can stand this, there's a bit of a video clip here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3n1s1p_pete-santilli-and-partial-patriots-exploit-scared-little-girls-to-further-agenda_news

There's a volume issue - at about 2.15 the guy starts yelling at the video and...he's much louder than the video.

This is just the kids being hurried out of the house, but there's a woman there who I can only imagine is Melissa.

e:

Santilli's words were that they are now "with their mommy", which I take to mean that Melissa Cooper went to go get their kids. There was also mention of a charter flight to "somewhere the government can't get them", so they may also have skipped the country?
Yeah, that's what I thought. I did imagine that kartikeya was just making an incorrect assumption, but there's so little information about this at the moment that it's worth quizzing people.

Perfectly Safe fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 18, 2016

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Pete Santilli chat is all about sovereign citizens today

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

"Deformation of catheter"

mods, thread title

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Pete Santilli chat is all about sovereign citizens today

ironically, these are the same people who would make fun of a school that allowed students to "pursue their own interests"

but they believe in a society with rules but nobody enforces them

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

The way Blaine is responding kinda seems to suggest that really is his dad's account and not a troll.

Perfectly Safe posted:

If you can stand this, there's a bit of a video clip here:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3n1s1p_pete-santilli-and-partial-patriots-exploit-scared-little-girls-to-further-agenda_news

There's a volume issue - at about 2.15 the guy start's yelling at the video and...he's much louder than the video.

This is just the kids being hurried out of the house, but there's a woman there who I can only imagine is Melissa.

:stare:

I don't know who's worse. Anyway, that is the video that got taken down.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

McDowell posted:

What court would he sue him in?

Admiralty.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Sounds painful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

:stare:

I don't know who's worse.

Turtles all the way down.

• Locked thread