Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Gibberish posted:

Sanders for biggest debate bump/Clinton decline seems like pretty easy money, and is relatively low at 64%

Ignore the poll's siren song! Turn away!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

According the rules those polls don't count anyway

Polling performance will be drawn from the "2016 Democratic Presidential Nomination" polling aggregate at realclearpolitics.com. Polling performance for each candidate will be calculated as his or her share of the nomination preference of polled voters at 11:59:59 p.m. (ET) on January 31, 2016 (excluding polls whose surveys were completed by the end of day of the debate

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Necc0 posted:

Ignore the poll's siren song! Turn away!!!

Turn binary, PredictIt!! noooo

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Gibberish posted:

Sanders for biggest debate bump/Clinton decline seems like pretty easy money, and is relatively low at 64%

I have to agree with the consensus against you :3:

Hillary is a bad campaigner but she is at her best when her back is against the wall. So far she has played with Sanders with kid gloves but you know that she will bring out the full assault. There will be the direct attacks by surrogates, the raising of concerns of his electability, the whisper campaign of his readiness on foreign policy and the likelihood of getting an agenda through congress.

At 33 cents this is a steal with Biden levels of potential returns

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Did Huckabee just drop out? The dropout market is acting like he did, but I can't find any news.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Looks like it was a random panic. Thanks for selling me 250 Santorum Yes shares at 3c each, somebody!

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

Did Huckabee just drop out? The dropout market is acting like he did, but I can't find any news.

I think he said that he would if he didn't place in the top 3. I just bought some NO at 58 because eventually it will sink into the market that it's not happening immediately

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Looks like it was a random panic. Thanks for selling me 250 Santorum Yes shares at 3c each, somebody!

:golfclap:

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Vox Nihili posted:

Not bad, but it'll be Huck. Although for a couple bucks I would've done the same to hedge things.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

Not bad, but it'll be Huck. Although for a couple bucks I would've done the same to hedge things.

Why Huckabee over Santorum? They're both going to drop out.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
I explained that last time you asked and nothing has changed. 9 times out of 10 it comes down to money and they're both running out fast but Huckabee is in worse shape overall when you consider all the variables that keep the train moving.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

I explained that last time you asked and nothing has changed. 9 times out of 10 it comes down to money and they're both running out fast but Huckabee is in worse shape overall when you consider all the variables that keep the train moving.

Yeah, you said he has negative cash flow, and so does Santorum. Both campaigns are completely broke.

Compare the filings:

http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?candidateCommitteeId=P20002721&tabIndex=3
http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandidateCommitteeDetail.do?candidateCommitteeId=P80003478&tabIndex=3

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Why do you think it'll be Santorum? Or do you own both because they're in the same boat (and are essentially the same candidate)? Media has been reporting more Huck campaign drama than Santorum, which plays into my position.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lol, last I checked I had 23 bucks on Bernie getting the biggest bump from the debate, sitting at like 24 cents.

I just opened Predictit to find I have like 90 bucks.

lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

Why do you think it'll be Santorum? Or do you own both because they're in the same boat (and are essentially the same candidate)? Media has been reporting more Huck campaign drama than Santorum, which plays into my position.

I think it could easily be one or the other, so I don't plan to hold any shares on either of them (just noes on a bunch of other candidates).

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Thump! posted:

Lol, last I checked I had 23 bucks on Bernie getting the biggest bump from the debate, sitting at like 24 cents.

lol

Welcome to gambling.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Thump! posted:

lol

I know how ya feel mang I loaded up on Bernie speaking time and Bernie bump so it was a good day aside from the Huckabee Black Hour

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Vox Nihili posted:

Welcome to gambling.

Gambling owns, my returns are crushing reasonable stock market gains

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Vox Nihili posted:

I think it could easily be one or the other, so I don't plan to hold any shares on either of them (just noes on a bunch of other candidates).
I'm majority NOs (Paul, Carson) but I always play a YES for 100 shares with someone.

My record is 2-0. :getin:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Vox Nihili posted:

Welcome to gambling.

The last time I gambled was like 4 years ago in Vegas and I lost like 5 bucks and swore the poo poo off, but now I'm starting to think that maybe slot machines are stupid as poo poo and I'm just too lazy to gently caress with poker or blackjack or whatever.

Betting on the political thoughts of stupid Americans however...

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I am gonna start shifting away from the risky big gains (even though my zeitgeist spidy sense has been spot on) and trying to capitalize on large volume stupid long term bets at less than 10 cents that I can hold for weeks and put out sell offers at a few cents more.

If my account keeps growing like it has been ill have enough throwaway cash to spread around when new markets open up

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Thump! posted:

The last time I gambled was like 4 years ago in Vegas and I lost like 5 bucks and swore the poo poo off, but now I'm starting to think that maybe slot machines are stupid as poo poo and I'm just too lazy to gently caress with poker or blackjack or whatever.

Betting on the political thoughts of stupid Americans however...

Lol crowds are very predictable

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

If I didn't already lose money during the fuckabee incident I would still be loading up on Rand Paul to drop out next because unlike the other likely drop out contenders, he actually has another election that he can win that he needs to focus on, and it would make sense for him to shift resources over to his senate reelection campaign rather than let this linger on.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Yet he isn't facing any legit opposition in that race so he can afford to continue campaigning for the nomination.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
On an Obama approval poll

and then later

lol

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Gibberish posted:

On an Obama approval poll

and then later

lol

:allears:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nevermind, gently caress it, bet on polls

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah the Obama approval market is good for a quick doubling of your money every week specifically because of crazies like that who bet insane amounts of dollars on it. I just go with whatever was the second most popular option the week before, put 50 bucks in it at around 15 cents, and then say I'll sell when it reaches 30. It's done that every week for 3 weeks for me, so hopefully I can keep riding that crazy train to free money town.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

pathetic little tramp posted:

Yeah the Obama approval market is good for a quick doubling of your money every week specifically because of crazies like that who bet insane amounts of dollars on it. I just go with whatever was the second most popular option the week before, put 50 bucks in it at around 15 cents, and then say I'll sell when it reaches 30. It's done that every week for 3 weeks for me, so hopefully I can keep riding that crazy train to free money town.

For teh win

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
People are legit losing their poo poo in that Obama market right now. Love it

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Cruz has started to slide across the board with the Trump Palin endorsement. Man, if I can double 300 dollars on Cruz, I'm gonna dance like whoa.

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

How should the ARG NH poll be interpreted? Kasich was really strong, trailing Trump by 7. I don't know if this is an outlier, or is this the long awaited consolidation behind one establishment guy?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zeta Taskforce posted:

How should the ARG NH poll be interpreted? Kasich was really strong, trailing Trump by 7. I don't know if this is an outlier, or is this the long awaited consolidation behind one establishment guy?

It's one data point, though clearly a very good onr for Kasich. The "poll only" chart for the race on 538 is a good guideline. With his other solid polls, he's probably the establishment frontrunner for the moment, but this isn't really consolidation yet.

The markets have already reacted and put Kasich up 10c or so from his previous position, though.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did they ever link the GOP nomination market for shorting?

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Arkane posted:

yes

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Arkane posted:

All non-binary markets are linked as of December.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

This afternoon there was a rush in the Caitlyn Jenner speaking at the GOP convention market. It went from like 4 cents to 90 cents back down to 10 cents in about a half hour

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

This afternoon there was a rush in the Caitlyn Jenner speaking at the GOP convention market. It went from like 4 cents to 90 cents back down to 10 cents in about a half hour

Next time you see something like that happen let us know about it in real time as it's happening :)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I have a few pages of this stuff. The Great Huckabee Panic of 1/18/16 was fruitful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Ok, I need these Iowa caucuses to happen already. I have too much money tied up in them and I can't do anything else.

• Locked thread