Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

mike12345 posted:

More importantly, how will people remember Jeb!?

Jeb! also gives me a Reagan vibe in that he probably pisses his pants a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

JHVH-1 posted:

While I was watching they were just saying if they actually banned him it would make him a martyr and what if he actually became president would they have to lift the ban then?

On another note, this kid looks like another rear end in a top hat in the making

the current prime minister of India was banned from Great Britain for probably leading genocidal race riots. The ban was of course lifted once elected.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Party Boat posted:

It's from a rule that any petition to the government that gets over 100k signatures has to be "considered" for debate. Nine times out of ten they consider it and go "nah no debate" but this gave everyone a chance to dunk on Trump and call him a buffoon in Parliament. There's no chance it actually passes and even if it did I don't think it'd bind the government (the home secretary in this case) to anything.

Ah, yea that makes sense.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Banning him is probably the best thing they could do for his campaign, it'd be a total idiot move.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Pick posted:

Banning him is probably the best thing they could do for his campaign, it'd be a total idiot move.

Yeah pretty much. In the end there wasn't even a vote on the issue, just a debate. The MP who opened the debate said this which was pretty on point:

Paul Flynn MP posted:

Could I put it to the committee that the great danger by attacking this one man is that we can fix on him a halo of victimhood. We give him the role of martyrdom, which can be seen to be an advantage among those that support him.

A line will go out ‘here’s these foreigners interfering, telling us what to do’ and I think that’d be a grave error if we gave them that situation and allowed our deliberations today to be seen to be anti-American.

I think our best plan is not to give him that accolade of martyrdom in that way.

I think we may already be in error in giving him far too much attention in the way that this petition is singled on him but he has done some remarkable things which have caused a great deal of upset.

The Guardian tend to be pretty good with their liveblogs if anyone wants to hunt for particularly sick burns: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/jan/18/uk-mps-debate-donald-trump-banned-from-uk-commons-live

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

JHVH-1 posted:

While I was watching they were just saying if they actually banned him it would make him a martyr and what if he actually became president would they have to lift the ban then?

On another note, this kid looks like another rear end in a top hat in the making

how cute, hes got his mothers sneer.

e: reminder that kid was named after the classiest car, the le baron

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN has issued a correction as of 22:31 on Jan 18, 2016

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

--Cites scriptural passage as "Two Corinthians" and asks, "That's the one you like, right?"

im dying, leave me where i fall. hail trum

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Party Boat posted:

Yeah pretty much. In the end there wasn't even a vote on the issue, just a debate. The MP who opened the debate said this which was pretty on point:

The Guardian tend to be pretty good with their liveblogs if anyone wants to hunt for particularly sick burns: http://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2016/jan/18/uk-mps-debate-donald-trump-banned-from-uk-commons-live

I see a new endorsement!

British Congressman: "[Trump] has done some remarkable things."

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

katlington posted:

--Cites scriptural passage as "Two Corinthians" and asks, "That's the one you like, right?"

im dying, leave me where i fall. hail trum

well there are 2 of them, and they are different.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Party Boat posted:

I think someone actually used their debate speech for a backhanded burn on Galloway

One called Trump a "wazzock"

oh boy, literal pigfuckers calling Trump a wazzock, how droll

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hope Trump gets banned, gets elected to president and then declares war on the UK out of spite.

Let's have another rematch!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
As an Anglophile, I am for reunification with Britain, and I don't care if God-Emperor Trump has to pacify the British Isles to make it happen.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Dahn posted:

well there are 2 of them, and they are different.

Corinthians 2: He's done writing from Ephesus.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maoist Pussy posted:

As an Anglophile, I am for reunification with Britain, and I don't care if God-Emperor Trump has to pacify the British Isles to make it happen.

The losers who tried to block his Scotland golf course will be the first ones hauled off by the goldshirts during the US military occupation of the UK.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Party Boat posted:

It's from a rule that any petition to the government that gets over 100k signatures has to be "considered" for debate. Nine times out of ten they consider it and go "nah no debate" but this gave everyone a chance to dunk on Trump and call him a buffoon in Parliament. There's no chance it actually passes and even if it did I don't think it'd bind the government (the home secretary in this case) to anything.

Trump should fly over to the UK for a day for publicity's sake.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Trump should fly over to the UK for a day for publicity's sake.

Trump should fly over the UK to remind them he can land whenever he wants.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

-Troika- posted:

Lol you've clearly never read a D&D gun control thread.

Remember when D&D was full of pro-gun libertarians?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Edit: oh my god that WWE gif. I'm still waiting for the reveal that Trump's entire candidacy was a PR stunt for the next season of The Apprentice that got out of hand.

nah thanks has issued a correction as of 02:03 on Jan 19, 2016

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

dat ted is breddy nasti :-DDD
\

The Real Paddy
Aug 21, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I was hoping he'd be banned so he could be really unsubtle about how, "The UK? That country is a wreck, their Prime Minister...look, I don't want to talk about this, but he's got some serious problems! I mean, we all had fun when we were young, but if you read about what he's alleged to have done, which, in all fairness, he hasn't exactly denied, he may have some real psychological problems. All I'm saying is, do I feel bad about being banned from a country whose leader has a history with farm animals? I don't think so!"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

squidgee posted:

I think a lot of people just, you know, grew up. And maybe quit smoking weed. But lol @ that

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

CortezFantastic posted:

I think a lot of people just, you know, grew up. And maybe quit smoking weed. But lol @ that

If anything, they smoke even more weed now.

Interlude
Jan 24, 2001

Guns are basically hand fedoras.

CortezFantastic posted:

lol no, they quit posting and a bunch of millennial sjws moved in

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzMKqysuCM8

spurs owned you dirk

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

at which point does fake supporter become real supporter

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

squidgee posted:

The election toxx'es in '08 and '12 nearly annihilated SA's conservative readership, if memory serves

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

bomb posted:

I'll let you know.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Interlude posted:

lol no, they quit posting and a bunch of millennial sjws moved in

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Trunk is going to get the endorsement of the only person who matters, Donald Trump.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
i'm not sure why people think Trump would care about a country run by pedophiles (no hyperbole)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

USSAr posted:

i'm not sure why people think Trump would care about a country run by pedophiles (no hyperbole)

David Cameron has probably never hosed an underage human, dead or otherwise.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

GreyjoyBastard posted:

David Cameron has probably never hosed an underage human, dead or otherwise.

i like how you had to qualify that with "probably"

also the UK is run by just one guy dum dum

also it's the labor party

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Jeremy Corbyn wants to invite Trump over to chat to his Mexican wife and take a tour of a local Mosque in north London. I'd love to see that.

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

bomb posted:

For me about a month of ironically quoting trumps positions and phrases led to real support. Not really sure how it happened

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

USSAr posted:

i like how you had to qualify that with "probably"

also the UK is run by just one guy dum dum

also it's the labor party

I like how he has to qualify it with "human"

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Mainwaring posted:

Jeremy Corbyn wants to invite Trump over to chat to his Mexican wife and take a tour of a local Mosque in north London. I'd love to see that.

Donny should go, think of all the child he can save from torment

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Mainwaring posted:

Corbyn just wants advice on how to get a sweet deal for Trident.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I don't know how to feel about donald trump's tax plan. It gets rid of the estate tax and hugely cuts taxes for the rich, but it lets working individuals earn 25k before paying any tax at all and is projected to create 5 million full time jobs - And it's not like the 1% won't get all of that in the end anyway. Still a solid second to Bernie getting rid of the social security cap imo.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Lord of Pie posted:

dat ted is breddy nasti :-DDD
\

Oh mercy, these fat Spurdo candidate caricatures are the greatest thing ever :allears:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

katlington posted:

how cute, hes got his mothers sneer.

e: reminder that kid was named after the classiest car, the le baron

The ultimate in class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

He's resurrected Palin. Trump, you hilarious sick gently caress!

• Locked thread