Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Er poo poo sorry, I forgot you post here. Want me to take it down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Profanity posted:

Er poo poo sorry, I forgot you post here. Want me to take it down?

Nah man no worries if its not here its everywhere else so you might as well discuss about it. It's just that we had an NDA test an hour ago.. AN HOUR ago.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hard posted:

Nah man no worries if its not here its everywhere else so you might as well discuss about it. It's just that we had an NDA test an hour ago.. AN HOUR ago.

The Internet is less a series of tubes and more like a sieve

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

whoknew posted:

Also, in case people didn't see it:

:siren:GAME IS $35 ON AMAZON TODAY ONLY!!!:siren:

http://www.amazon.com/b?node=13639505011

Game is definitely worth it at this price. I'm 110 hrs in and still playing at least 4 a day.

Ah no PC? boo

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

SaltLick posted:

Ah no PC? boo

It was this morning, probably ran out of stock :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Im the asian hottie with tha shottie

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Hard posted:

It was this morning, probably ran out of stock :(

I see I can get a boxed copy lol ok sure

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hard posted:

Should have had those personal ID codes floating on screen, that would have bought you like an extra 10 minutes while they edited them out!

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
The leak stuff came from 4chan, originally.

Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
If you want a heads up on what the beartrap might look like in game, check out iq's video. As soon as she walks down the stairs she steps on something similar. I really hope they are 2 speed/armor characters.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Zaodai posted:

Bear traps seem cool.
New attacker gets flashbangs and a decent looking AR. Not sold on his gadget but whatever, at least it solves the problem of "shotguns don't leave you with a decent gun too".

I have been warming to shotguns recently, not least because my map knowledge is good enough now to guess unreinforced walls and where people are in cover behind them.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Chocolate posted:

If you want a heads up on what the beartrap might look like in game, check out iq's video. As soon as she walks down the stairs she steps on something similar. I really hope they are 2 speed/armor characters.

IQs video is the worst operator video, since she has a stupid gadget and immediately steps on a trap in her own pump up video.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

https://streamable.com/6440

feat random goons talking about new ops

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Zaodai posted:

Bear traps seem cool.
New attacker gets flashbangs and a decent looking AR. Not sold on his gadget but whatever, at least it solves the problem of "shotguns don't leave you with a decent gun too".

Did you forget about Sledge?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Sorry, Hard, when I was hanging out outside the Ubisoft office, I sent a drone in. I'm really surprised no one stopped it because they're really loud and it was jumping all over the place.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I'll have to reserve final judgement until the new operators drop and we see their specials in action, but both characters seem incredibly dull. It's like ooooh a shotgun, something multiple other characters have, and a big gently caress-off bear trap (my assumption) that will be as easy as Kapkan's traps to avoid (assuming you place them on the floor).

They're practically recruits with fancy sweaters.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'll have to reserve final judgement until the new operators drop and we see their specials in action, but both characters seem incredibly dull. It's like ooooh a shotgun, something multiple other characters have, and a big gently caress-off bear trap (my assumption) that will be as easy as Kapkan's traps to avoid (assuming you place them on the floor).

They're practically recruits with fancy sweaters.

Bad opinions in this post, IMO. Having the flexibility of using an AR or a shotgun is super useful in this game, blow out a nice hole in the wall and then blast people from afar. Razor wire is totally obvious but still has its uses, just like kapkan's trap. It's about area denial and early warning, not always actually succeeding in trapping someone.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Unless you can place the bear trap on a wall so that when someone fetches up against the other side it takes their head off I don't see the point. :colbert:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

whoknew posted:

Bad opinions in this post, IMO. Having the flexibility of using an AR or a shotgun is super useful in this game, blow out a nice hole in the wall and then blast people from afar. Razor wire is totally obvious but still has its uses, just like kapkan's trap. It's about area denial and early warning, not always actually succeeding in trapping someone.

But sledge can do this already. The Mac11 has faster TTL than most ARs and can take an acog. Plus he still gets the hammer which takes out castle doors.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Please let the bear trap be able to do headshots if they're crawling towards it, TIA.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

whoknew posted:

I'd argue that Kapkan's trap is not particularly useful, even if the areas you stated. I guess one bonus is enemies have to be right up next to the door to destroy it, which would give them away. But if they were coming through the door you would know that anyway because they have to slap through it or breach. poo poo the door barricade itself is better at area denial and early warning than the trap is.

Depending on how you can place the bear trap and how easy to destroy, I can't see it being particularly useful. Less so than even Kapkan's traps if you can only place them on the floor. Because if it's under the door it's obvious from a mile away, and you can just plink at it. If not there, then were? Windows perhaps are the only thing that makes sense to me, again assuming they can only be placed on floors.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

They'll be placed on ceilings and fall on people that walk under them.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'd argue that Kapkan's trap is not particularly useful, even if the areas you stated. I guess one bonus is enemies have to be right up next to the door to destroy it, which would give them away. But if they were coming through the door you would know that anyway because they have to slap through it or breach. poo poo the door barricade itself is better at area denial and early warning than the trap is.

Depending on how you can place the bear trap and how easy to destroy, I can't see it being particularly useful. Less so than even Kapkan's traps if you can only place them on the floor. Because if it's under the door it's obvious from a mile away, and you can just plink at it. If not there, then were? Windows perhaps are the only thing that makes sense to me, again assuming they can only be placed on floors.

Quoting this for when you get killed by a bear trap on day one

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've unlocked 4 operators now and I still do the best with Recruit. Why did I let my friends talk me into buying this?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Popete posted:

I've unlocked 4 operators now and I still do the best with Recruit. Why did I let my friends talk me into buying this?

Recruit is an awesome attacker due to the 5.7 shield combo with grenades. The classes are for specialization, recruit is a jack of all trades.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

what's so good about the 5-7? I read it was trash earlier in this thread.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
If the bear trap can't be destroyed by gunfire then it'd be quite good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

AbortRetryFail posted:

it has a million bullets, shoots fast as gently caress, and is very accurate

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I hope if you try to break the trap by hitting it with melee you just get your hand stuck in it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

AbortRetryFail posted:

As we understand the game more it turns out damage is less important on a pistol than capacity. You shouldn't be angling for body kills on a pistol anyway, you should be frantically dumping at their head, where damage per round doesn't matter. This is mostly important for shields but it stays true for all classes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

AbortRetryFail posted:

Forget everything that the army has told you about center of mass, click heads every day.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
I really like the beartraps, I just wonder how much dmg they do.

The under barrel shotgun is ok I guess, not very creative, at least you can now breach stuff without being stuck in a 3 second animation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

"Classic" is a very euphemistic way of describing a gun from the 50s.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The shotgun could be good if hitting R1 fires it super fast, could be a good oh poo poo button. If you hit R1 and the guy swaps to the shotgun bit and you lose a few secs in transition then its less good and basically only useful for shooting a door i guess

maybe it blows up the wall like sledge, that'd be good too

Edit: also when it comes down to it having your special be: get a 2nd primary for free isn't the worst in the game and if his guns are good he'll be picked. IQ is certainly still worse.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jan 20, 2016

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
We had an entire match today where everyone was rubber banding hilariously. We won by putting enough crap in their way on defense that they never made it to the secure area in time, and figuring out on offense that we could move faster by crouch walking than by running since somehow it would rubber band you less.

I killed myself with my own grenade once because it took 20 seconds to explode.

Keshik posted:

By the way, I haven't tried recording anything in years but this game makes me want to, especially as I now have a big empty 2TB drive to record to.

I have a Radeon HD 6850, what software should I be using? I used to use Fraps back in like 2007 but it was always kinda lovely, so I figure there must be something better now.
AMD/ATI provides free recording software just like NVIDIA Shadowplay now, it records using built-in video encoding chips on your card.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/software-technologies/technologies-gaming/raptr

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 20, 2016

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Are there any changes coming to IQ or Kapkan? I just feel like they're so boring.

Kap's shotty is pretty great, though.

Story time.

Last night OpFor had a Jaeger who barricaded himself into the tiny room on 2F Cafe, behind the bar. The room with marble walls and one door. He just sat there quietly all round 'til I walked by. Then I got my head blown the gently caress off.

I admired that man's tenacity. I imagine his team was so mad 'til he got that kill.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Preview of the next operator, babyman

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Paradigmata posted:

I really like the beartraps, I just wonder how much dmg they do.

The under barrel shotgun is ok I guess, not very creative, at least you can now breach stuff without being stuck in a 3 second animation.

From the wording in the description, it seems to incapacitate the enemy caught in the trap, which is pretty good if they're not too easy to see and give you some freedom in placement.

I like the AR + shotgun setup (Sledge is great but the SMG-11's ammo is very limited) and can't wait to play Buck.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Zaodai posted:

They'll be placed on ceilings and fall on people that walk under them.

No that's going to be the Australian SAS operator. Drop bears!

I could see the bear trap working pretty well placing it behind deployable shields in doorways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

Jerkface posted:

IQ is certainly still worse.

Spotted the scrub. IQ kicks rear end and I run as her more often than not, now.

• Locked thread