Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don't like megathreads and I'd prefer to be able to make my own thread when appropriate.

You can always add it yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Man asks why a feature is missing, gets piled on.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Dodoman posted:

Man asks why a feature is missing, gets piled on.

News at 11

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I don't want to read a thread that was composed on a 4.5" smartphone screen. I don't think the authors of the app do, either.

Yeah, if you want it, like the other four people that have requested it over the last five years, fork it, branch it, do a merge/pull request.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Hadlock posted:

I don't want to read a thread that was composed on a 4.5" smartphone screen. I don't think the authors of the app do, either.

Yeah, if you want it, like the other four people that have requested it over the last five years, fork it, branch it, do a merge/pull request.
Or, use a different app.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don't know how to make it and I was hoping the app makers could do it for me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Also can someone make it so I can turn off fyad flags...I have images off when I'm on data and it would help to not have to see pictures of women puking on boners while riding a packed train.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Posting a thread was added in iOS Awful and.... it made no noteable difference in the quality of the forums.

I think it's a busted argument at this point.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Also can someone make it so I can turn off fyad flags...I have images off when I'm on data and it would help to not have to see pictures of women puking on boners while riding a packed train.

Sounds like staying out of FYAD will solve your problems and probably those of many other people at the same time.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i, too, follow the "Game" thread for no reason in particular

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

The Dave posted:

Posting a thread was added in iOS Awful and.... it made no noteable difference in the quality of the forums.

I think it's a busted argument at this point.

Yeah, I conceded that point because of this, and the changes to nuGBS made the point irrelevant anyway.
It still gets repeated when someone asks for the feature.

But even now the reality is that there are currently like 0.15 developers working on Awful.apk and it won't ever be included because no Android developer on this forum cares about it enough to add it (myself included)

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I forgot to ask in my post last week. I have some threads bookmarked whose last post was in 2014. I don't have archives upgrade and yet I can read them. Am I meant to be able to or is this a fault with the app?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Death Zebra posted:

I forgot to ask in my post last week. I have some threads bookmarked whose last post was in 2014. I don't have archives upgrade and yet I can read them. Am I meant to be able to or is this a fault with the app?

The archiving process shat the bed quite a while ago. I think threads are getting locked and added to the archives, but not removed from the live forums right now. Enjoy your free semi-archives.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
As a side note, Lowtax has also said that he wants to eventually allow reading the archives without an upgrade now that the forums are in the cloud.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
When I click on the hamburger and click on SA Forums the only thing I can click on is Bookmarks. Does anyone know why that is happening?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Strawberry Panda posted:

When I click on the hamburger and click on SA Forums the only thing I can click on is Bookmarks. Does anyone know why that is happening?
What happens after you drag down on that list to refresh it?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I accidentally marked a user so their post header is a bright red instead of the normal blue, and now no matter how many times I try to unmark them it stays that way. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling just to be safe and no difference. Any clue if there's a fix?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's because I'm an idiot.

I added a safeguard to the parser so it wouldn't update the forum list when it didn't parse any forums (the forums dropdown we get them from is rather unreliable). However the bookmarks are also added to the list so it is never actually empty. :downs:

I also was sure to have already fixed this bug but I just checked and it was still there. Now it's fixed (again?).

If you see it happening, just pull to refresh.

Bluedeanie posted:

I accidentally marked a user so their post header is a bright red instead of the normal blue, and now no matter how many times I try to unmark them it stays that way. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling just to be safe and no difference. Any clue if there's a fix?

Coincidentally, I fixed that bug like 12h ago. Unmarking works... sometimes. However the page will not update and show the unmarked user right away.

Basically you can:
- Unmark the user, refresh the page and check if it worked
- Delete the app data, this is where the list of marked users lives
- Export the settings, edit them and import them back into the app.

- Wait for the patch that reworks the whole feature

Sereri fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jan 13, 2016

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Thanks! I've finally been able to successfully unmark one guy in the Steam thread who's been stuck with red posts forever.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The would still like to make threads within the app.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The would still like to make threads within the app.

Except you don't seem to be able to type a plain old post without errors?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
screw making new threads we gotta get dem embedded tweets!!!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

site posted:

I don't think they put the Awful.apk guys in charge of coding the forums, friend.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

fishmech posted:

I don't think they put the Awful.apk guys in charge of coding the forums, friend.

This sarcastic yet uninformative post means little to me.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

site posted:

Like this?

:smug:

If no one else is doing it I could add it myself. It's not terribly hard, but I'm not sure how stuff like embedded tweets with vines/MP4s would run, or how much memory they would consume. Which might be quite a bit.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Drastic Actions posted:

Like this?

:smug:

If no one else is doing it I could add it myself. It's not terribly hard, but I'm not sure how stuff like embedded tweets with vines/MP4s would run, or how much memory they would consume. Which might be quite a bit.

I like your phone setup. Looks pretty cool.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Tweet embedding is already in the app. You can enable it in the post settings.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sereri posted:

Tweet embedding is already in the app. You can enable it in the post settings.

Doh! Thanks!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

site posted:

I'm so jaded I thought this was a sarcastic post implying that new thread a-makin' was more important than stupid tweets.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Thermopyle posted:

I'm so jaded I thought this was a sarcastic post implying that new thread a-makin' was more important than stupid tweets.

tbf it was very sarcastic so you were half right

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

site posted:

tbf it was very sarcastic so you were half right

but in the end you were half sarcastic, half dumb

pretty sad m8

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
I'd love to be able to download several pages ahead in a thread for viewing offline. Would this be easy to implement? Maybe limit to 10 pages or something if necessary to not hammer the forum server too hard. You guys are the best.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

FlyingCheese posted:

I'd love to be able to download several pages ahead in a thread for viewing offline. Would this be easy to implement? Maybe limit to 10 pages or something if necessary to not hammer the forum server too hard. You guys are the best.

The app already caches pages, so if you load them you can then go back and read them when you're offline. You can test it with your phone's airplane mode.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

The app already caches pages, so if you load them you can then go back and read them when you're offline. You can test it with your phone's airplane mode.

Oh awesome, thanks.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I'm getting crashes on pages 275 and 276 of this thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3189022&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=275

I sent in crash reports, but I'm willing to bet it's this .gif

code:
http://i.imgur.com/rXJFavj.gif
or this GIANT_ASS .jpg

code:
http://i.imgur.com/oe05brn.jpg

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

It's most definitely the giant 28MB gif that's loaded twice into the view. Thank god ZDR added gifv support so this is probably not going to happen as often in the future.

:siren: By the way, everyone, try the new current beta for SSL posting. That way nobody can read your post, until they can read your post. :siren:

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Is there an easy way for me to do comprehensive custom variants of the POS themes? Mostly shooting for less-saturated background tinting and a few more color options (variants in red, white and chartreuse).

I've messed with my own quick .dark and POS color+name edits for the custom theme folder, but must be missing something since they aren't as comprehensive. Either the forums navigation menu stays stock light/dark, or there are lingering Gpos/Apos artifacts (like the three dots).

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Did that super black oled optimized theme ever make it in to the build? I understand how github works finally so I am happy to make a pull request on it some time :)

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

in fyad, avatars show as the gif placeholder instead of the gif's first frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

sweart gliwere posted:

Is there an easy way for me to do comprehensive custom variants of the POS themes? Mostly shooting for less-saturated background tinting and a few more color options (variants in red, white and chartreuse).

I've messed with my own quick .dark and POS color+name edits for the custom theme folder, but must be missing something since they aren't as comprehensive. Either the forums navigation menu stays stock light/dark, or there are lingering Gpos/Apos artifacts (like the three dots).

The css files only change the thread view, not the rest of the app. As for the rest, maybe post the .css somewhere and I can take a look.

Hadlock posted:

Did that super black oled optimized theme ever make it in to the build? I understand how github works finally so I am happy to make a pull request on it some time :)

See the second post

that ivy guy posted:

in fyad, avatars show as the gif placeholder instead of the gif's first frame

That is in fact fixed in the build that is currently in beta