Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Lot of sincere "gently caress yous" going Germberling's way this epi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Does Whitney Cummings think this is WTF?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

#smegma

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'm on gene's side of the very serious and heated argument that he came to talk about

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Gemberling's "I'm Muir" joke was super under-appreciated.

Also, I feel like one continuous theme of CBB throughout its entire run is real life murderers and characters on the show being connected to them. Never fails to make me laugh.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Cloks posted:

Does Whitney Cummings think this is WTF?

lol I thought the same thing at a few points

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Eh, I felt like she goofed around well enough.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

What a stupid bitch, answering Scott's questions about her personal life.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What a stupid bitch, answering Scott's questions about her personal life.

Nobody said this. Calm down.

I think she got much more personal than most guests during the first segment but she rolled with the show well enough after that. Her response style to the guests reminded me of Jason Mantzoukas.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Cummings is really unfunny, though

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Cloks posted:

Nobody said this. Calm down.

I think she got much more personal than most guests during the first segment but she rolled with the show well enough after that. Her response style to the guests reminded me of Jason Mantzoukas.

Just own it. What did you want this abrasive female comedian from the non-alt world to do, Come up with a wacky space safari character who is actually a duck for the first segment? I read your comment before listening to the episode and thought this was going to be Ed Helms or Dane Cook all over again and it couldn't be more like any episode featuring a first time guest who isn't super close friends with Scott.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Clearly we disagree but I never said this was about gender. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Words IN your mouth? Really? In your mouth, like a huge dong or something?

disgusting

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Just own it. What did you want this abrasive female comedian from the non-alt world to do, Come up with a wacky space safari character who is actually a duck for the first segment? I read your comment before listening to the episode and thought this was going to be Ed Helms or Dane Cook all over again and it couldn't be more like any episode featuring a first time guest who isn't super close friends with Scott.
It's spelled Mortdecai

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Settle down Bebis.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

lol

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i hate all of you

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Everyone constantly making GBS threads on Gemberling for no reason was hilarious. Good ep.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

It's spelled Mortdecai

Johnny Depp is Jewish.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lugaloco posted:

Everyone constantly making GBS threads on Gemberling for no reason was hilarious. Good ep.

C+ ep. Gemberling does incredulous better than anyone, plus his voice and laughter are infectious.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't know where to post this, but the Oh, Hello duo was inexplicably on The Bachelor post-show tonight (with Paul F. Tompkins and Paget Brewster, no less). Highlights include Mulaney calling the majority of the cast "white devils" and Kroll proposing to the crazy alcoholic villain with a Werther's Original, which inspired the hashtag #Gilace911

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

xbilkis posted:

I don't know where to post this, but the Oh, Hello duo was inexplicably on The Bachelor post-show tonight (with Paul F. Tompkins and Paget Brewster, no less). Highlights include Mulaney calling the majority of the cast "white devils" and Kroll proposing to the crazy alcoholic villain with a Werther's Original, which inspired the hashtag #Gilace911

lmao

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Mulaney cultivated some great confused "Who are these unfunny fake old men" responses in his Twitter feed. Really regret not DVR'ing this.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

hahahaha

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back
The other guests were alright but Gemberling was fantastic. I lost my poo poo at "the USS Raw Deal".

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JethroMcB posted:

Mulaney cultivated some great confused "Who are these unfunny fake old men" responses in his Twitter feed. Really regret not DVR'ing this.

Why is there still no youtube of this

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

Why is there still no youtube of this

The full episode (With PFT as a panelist as well) is on ABC.com if you have one of the "right" cable/internet providers. I'm on TWC so no luck. It will be free to watch for everybody next week.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Good epi made great by them forgetting to edit in any ads.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"I gotta tell you, Geno, I am not onboard with Billy Joel"
Scott and Geno: "WHAT?!"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Huebel steamrolling through Scott's repeated "I don't want to discuss it"s about the missing gun was great too.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Two episodes in a row Scott has brought up Gabe Kaplan.
:prepop:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Two episodes in a row Scott has brought up Gabe Kaplan.
:prepop:

I think it's been three episodes in a row. I honestly think it's going somewhere.

Also, RIPossible Paul Scheer.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Ape of Naples posted:

I think it's been three episodes in a row. I honestly think it's going somewhere.

Welcome Back, Kotter reboot coming soon to SeeSo.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Welcome Back, Kotter reboot coming soon to SeeSo.

Battle of the Improv Stars

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Huebel steamrolling through Scott's repeated "I don't want to discuss it"s about the missing gun was great too.
my favorite thing is scott being made to feel uncomfortable

the episode of doug loves movies where people keep asking him about reggie leaving is the best podcast of all time

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

cams posted:

my favorite thing is scott being made to feel uncomfortable

the episode of doug loves movies where people keep asking him about reggie leaving is the best podcast of all time

"That's a backstage conversation" is stuck in my brain forever.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

York_M_Chan posted:

"That's a backstage conversation" is stuck in my brain forever.

Which ep was that? Wanted to hear that moment again for ages.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

feedmyleg posted:

Which ep was that? Wanted to hear that moment again for ages.

I want to say it was a 12 guest of christmas ep. 2014.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
It was probably that one. I don't think Scott has appeared on any regular DLM episodes that I can remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
He has previously. He got on the Tournament of Championships so he had to have competed and gone 0 or less names at some point (when they still did classic Maltin; RIP).