Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

what happened with purge i didn't see any notices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bummer cars
Apr 3, 2009
Can I get a reinvite to the guild? In game name is wierdboob.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kea posted:

In other news im still using the same bow i got at level 32 normal, im now level 51 and in act 3 cruel.

seems like a good bow

did you do the rare rustic sash recipe?

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Got back into PoE after being gone a solid year. I don't miss the extraneous areas in act 2 and 3 at all...

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

1. Blasphemy owns, 2. I was wrong about Leap Slam, it does not suck and I'm sorry

Blasphemy is part of why I started playing again, because i had the immediate concept that it was a way for melee characters to use curses effectively, so I'm glad somebody else got the same idea.

I also happened to see someone using Leap Slam to activate Fortify in a build video just today.

Unrelated, I found that my summoner witch was insanely capable in Merciless. Nine 9k+ hp zombies, remembered how to use convocation to make them bodyblock ranged attacks. Remembered why I had summon skeletons on a totem. I always thought spectres were annoying though, and never had the sockets.

Then I discovered I had a Queen's Decree stashed away with Vaal Summon Skeletons in it. Absolute madness ensued.

Then I died 50+ times to Malachai because he's absolute bullshit.

Aug 24, 2011

if it was a purge i missed and the guild didnt explode please reinvite Dreggon

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
short-term goals: obtain a Voll's Devotion, on standard or challenge league

progress: 9 out of ~25 exalts on Standard. hmm. Also a pile of Agates and chance orbs, in both leagues. Wonder whether I should try my luck...

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

The Real Foogla posted:

seems like a good bow

did you do the rare rustic sash recipe?

Nah just something I picked up, its got something like 104% damage on it, absurd. Only recently found a bow near as good 18 odd levels later.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Got purged, would appreciate an invite next opportunity> Same name ingame.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Can I get an invite to the guild? IGN is moush

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Dreggon posted:

what happened with purge i didn't see any notices

I missed the notice as well, but was lucky enough to be online.

We should do a better job of advertising a purge outside of the GMOTD- does it even display anywhere besides the guild window? If so, I've never seen it.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

ImsaKidd posted:

I missed the notice as well, but was lucky enough to be online.

We should do a better job of advertising a purge outside of the GMOTD- does it even display anywhere besides the guild window? If so, I've never seen it.

No, but that's the point - people who actually log in see it. I don't generally announce them in the thread or anything.

That said, a purge happened, there's room in the guild again, apply same as always.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Also someone in the thread mentioned it at least once about a week before it happened. And it's not exactly a fast moving thread.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Very late since I didn't look at SA over the long weekend, but for those of you who were asking about tanking Dominus's Touch of God, I've generally been able to tank the A3 Merciless one with a tanky character and take around 3500-4000 damage, but I've never not gotten oneshot by the Residence (lvl 76 map) one. Take from that what you will, from my experience it feels like the map versions of bosses are all significantly faster than their normal versions on top of their oneshot attacks actually oneshotting you, so learning to dodge them will be very important once you get to higher levels anyways. My first and only attempt at Conservatory Vaal in a party of 6 ended with me not reacting fast enough to get out of the way of a second laser after the first one hit me, which was never at all a concern in normal progression, and it was not a turbo or boss turbo map.

On the other hand, I probably have died a lot more to Kole in the normal game than the map Kole because I always assume map Kole will oneshot me with ground slam but sometimes I feel like I can tank the A3 Kole when I can't.

Aug 24, 2011

do i post my account number in IRC with the account name? i haven't had to do this in over two and a half years and it seems unnecessarily complicated over just posting my name here

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dreggon posted:

do i post my account number in IRC with the account name? i haven't had to do this in over two and a half years and it seems unnecessarily complicated over just posting my name here

just post your name here

Aug 24, 2011

Kild posted:

just post your name here

can you post my name as well

it's dreggon

maybe ask your friends if they can post it too

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
the issue i always have with leagues is this:

-I only get to play a few hours a day maybe
-I try to level to 60 as fast as i can and ignore everything else.. because mapping= this game.
-I can never get a 6L or any of the currency to buy for a build so i level a flawed dps or tank character and can't survive lots of map mods on hardcore.
-i'm just not into trading on forums and such very much so obviously thats where my 6L and currency issues stem from.

anyways, right now i'm trying to look up a decently fun melee character that i can get by without some expensive uniques.. the problem is always survivability versus clear speed.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
All that, and on hardcore, via low-level mapping? You don't ask for much, do you?

On softcore I'd recommend something flexible like this. LGOH and TT means you can run curse or no-leech no-regen maps more easily.

yergacheffe
Jan 22, 2007
Whaler on the moon.

Ranzear posted:

I also happened to see someone using Leap Slam to activate Fortify in a build video just today.

Cool dudes use whirling blades + fortify (+faster attack + inc duration if you got the slots). Whirl safely past a pack instead of leaping into them to proc fortify! Unless you're an ice crash build or something that wants to be in the middle of everything.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TipsyMcStagger posted:

the issue i always have with leagues is this:

-i'm just not into trading on forums and such very much so obviously thats where my 6L and currency issues stem from.

poe.trade is your friend. Use it, seriously. Search for what you want, make sure the buyer is online, send message, trade.

Can take less than 5 minutes.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Ultima66 posted:

Very late since I didn't look at SA over the long weekend, but for those of you who were asking about tanking Dominus's Touch of God, I've generally been able to tank the A3 Merciless one with a tanky character and take around 3500-4000 damage, but I've never not gotten oneshot by the Residence (lvl 76 map) one. Take from that what you will, from my experience it feels like the map versions of bosses are all significantly faster than their normal versions on top of their oneshot attacks actually oneshotting you, so learning to dodge them will be very important once you get to higher levels anyways. My first and only attempt at Conservatory Vaal in a party of 6 ended with me not reacting fast enough to get out of the way of a second laser after the first one hit me, which was never at all a concern in normal progression, and it was not a turbo or boss turbo map.

On the other hand, I probably have died a lot more to Kole in the normal game than the map Kole because I always assume map Kole will oneshot me with ground slam but sometimes I feel like I can tank the A3 Kole when I can't.

Super mechanical fights are a pain to fight in groups, because particle effects fly everywhere and you are often playing on someone else's server. Hope the boss mob AI didn't roll an attack decision on you!

Kolonnade also scares the poo poo out of me, because my computer always lags in rainy maps, while Lunaris Kole is fought indoors. Just bring a curse removal flask and some AoE to get rid of his buddies.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

yergacheffe posted:

Cool dudes use whirling blades + fortify (+faster attack + inc duration if you got the slots). Whirl safely past a pack instead of leaping into them to proc fortify! Unless you're an ice crash build or something that wants to be in the middle of everything.

Oro's Sacrifice, Infinite Flicker Strike actually. I'm not gonna be in the middle, I'm going to be everywhere. Leap in, flicker a bit, leap out. Frenzy charges will make whirling blades faster though, hmm...

Blasphemy+Warlord's is gonna save me a lot of shouting too, I figure.

Frogmanv2 posted:

Search for what you want, make sure the buyer is online, send message, trade.

"Online: Yes, Buyout: Yes" should just be the loving default search. Per D2 experience: An item without an asking price is a scam.

Phobophilia posted:

Super mechanical fights are a pain to fight in groups

They're even worse for summoners. "Players will dodge this 99% of the time" becomes "Will wipe your entire army 99% of the time (and the adds don't leave corpses gl;hf)."

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 20, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ranzear posted:

Oro's Sacrifice, Infinite Flicker Strike actually. I'm not gonna be in the middle, I'm going to be everywhere. Leap in, flicker a bit, leap out. Frenzy charges will make whirling blades faster though, hmm...

Blasphemy+Warlord's is gonna save me a lot of shouting too, I figure.

is blasphemy fast enough for flicker? maybe I lag too much, but I always feel like there is a delay to making the curse "stick"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ranzear posted:

"Online: Yes, Buyout: Yes" should just be the loving default search. Per D2 experience: An item without an asking price is a scam.

once you start looking for very high end/very specfic rares, you'll find you have to remove buyout rather quickly. Online doesnt last very long either!

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

The Real Foogla posted:

is blasphemy fast enough for flicker? maybe I lag too much, but I always feel like there is a delay to making the curse "stick"

Will find out soon enough. I could give it a whirl right now actually. I'll be able to tell for sure if I get endurance charges from kills, but really it's for the leech.

Edit: Definitely works fine. Max range single flicker strikes were still giving endurance charges (at the rate expected), and the leech is amazing.

TheRat posted:

once you start looking for very high end/very specfic rares, you'll find you have to remove buyout rather quickly. Online doesnt last very long either!

Yeah, this probably comes up more on the challenge league too. By the time you know to turn those off you'll actually be able to haggle though.

Ranzear fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 20, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So this is what I get up to when I strike it lucky with drops and have many exalted to play with, next-level meta builds:

I call it the Cast When Damage Takener :v:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Flicker strike is the best. You can clear a map just holding the button down. You don't even have to aim or move or anything.

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Well, I killed Dominus on HC Merciless and managed not to die. Touch of God proved to be a complete joke, did less than 40% of my HP when I got hit with it. I actually wanted him to cast it because it let me get free damage in. Not so much of a joke was the other lightning attack. I guess that one's pure lightning so armor/endurance charges mean jack poo poo when you're already capped, and it was absolutely destroying me. He just spams it over and over too making it very hard to get into melee range. I'd try to run around him and chip damage in between casts, but then he puts down the totems that you can't stand in either so you have to move away again. I almost died once, barely living at 10% health when the lightning attack took me to 50% and I ran into the exploding zombies. Then I continued barely surviving as he cast more lightning and the flask regen only just kept up with the chip damage because I was too far away to 100% avoid all the projectiles by running in a circle.

I eventually beat it by just standing behind an obstacle to block the lightning and spamming Molten Strike into thin air, eventually he'd decide to teleport on top of me and would take damage from the rain of projectiles before I'd have to move again. The giant monster he turns into was then an utter joke, facetanked it from 100-0 and never went below 95%.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
gently caress daresso and his stupid loving map, sure put me in a tiny arena jam packed with assholes, this is perfect for my ranged character why not. Then when you die you port back and it puts you slap bang in the middle of the assholes, good luck. gently caress this map so hard.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

nightwisher posted:

So this is what I get up to when I strike it lucky with drops and have many exalted to play with, next-level meta builds:

what the gently caress just happened.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Kea posted:

gently caress daresso and his stupid loving map, sure put me in a tiny arena jam packed with assholes, this is perfect for my ranged character why not. Then when you die you port back and it puts you slap bang in the middle of the assholes, good luck. gently caress this map so hard.

Dont die

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Ah thats what im doing wrong.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

nightwisher posted:

This is loving hilarious.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
dealing with Dominus's lightning as melee is less of a problem if you can Whirling Blades in a circle around him.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

nightwisher posted:

I've seen silly builds turn out to be absolute monster builds, crank it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-64m2DPlNO0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Fs9sHvA-E

These are my favorites since returning. I was already sick of RF back in my nooblord 2014.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Ranzear posted:

I've seen silly builds turn out to be absolute monster builds, crank it up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-Fs9sHvA-E

These are my favorites since returning. I was already sick of RF back in my nooblord 2014.

:lol: that just silly. His tree for those interested. https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...NhUnaofWwZ3UzE=

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
There was a guy in dried lake at the weekend with the ultimate black hole build: Sire of shards, dual totem, reverse knockback ball lightning. Pulling poo poo in from about 2 screens away. The xp in that group was fantastic.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
What the hell is this madness, one pack of rubbish enemies.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604980146

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kea posted:

What the hell is this madness, one pack of rubbish enemies.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604980146

It's one of the mods a blue pack can get. They all drop the same rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Kild posted:

It's one of the mods a blue pack can get. They all drop the same rare

Thats hilarious.

• Locked thread