Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

On the other hand, what do we know, we don't even speak Mandarin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
We're pretty low class like that :(

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Did someone mention bowling? I like bowling.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

TetsuoTW posted:

Do you know who the KMT guys at my wedding were and if they lost or not?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Guys, Guys!

We're missing out on the most important point here. I just bought my 8th Ducati :smuggo:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Chantilly Say posted:

Did someone mention bowling? I like bowling.

I like to go bowling and have beers. I'm sure pandemonium has strongly worded incorrect opinions about both of those things

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Spanish Matlock posted:

I like to go bowling and have beers. I'm sure pandemonium has strongly worded incorrect opinions about both of those things

It might be considered rude to bowl in Hakka circles.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Chantilly Say posted:

Never date a coworker you bowl with.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
You can find these and other shocking revelations in my new in depth book: "Girls Smell Nice and Like Pink Things: Musings on Gender"

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

Hakka circles are sacred places, it would be rude to bowl in them.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Spanish Matlock posted:

You can find these and other shocking revelations in my new in depth book: "GirlsFemales Smell Nice and Like Pink Things: Musings on Gender"

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
We need a new thread title.

TAIWAN: IT'S A NICE CHILL ISLAND BUT DON'T DATE COWORKERS

Seriously guys, dating co-workers anywhere can get really messsssssy.

Actually dating anyone from a hobby/activity group is also really messssssy.

Oh and don't date goons too because that's even messssssier.

Oh and I'm afraid of randomly talking up to a woman in a bar because that's just invading her space and uncalled for.

So I just stick to internet dating and OKcupid. That way everyone knows my intentions!

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

You folks have fun making GBS threads where you eat!

but enough about your posting

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

Do you know who the KMT guys at my wedding were and if they lost or not?

Wait did you marry a blue? Her family's from pingtung, how blue in south?

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i feel like we're getting off topic. this thread is about not dating your coworkers, please stay on topic or you will be probated tia

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Spanish Matlock posted:

Wait did you marry a blue? Her family's from pingtung, how blue in south?

Gramps came over on that boat and by god that's how they're voting. Seriously, the family is quarter Hakka from Pingtung and all they speak is Mandarin and they only vote KMT.

Gramps proved that marrying a woman who spoke a different language than you was the best way to date.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TetsuoTW posted:

Obviously, and all the Taiwanese are speaking behind our backs

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

GoutPatrol posted:

Obviously, and all the Taiwanese are speaking behind our backs

It's a tonal language. They barely even understand each other, what with their mouths full of food and betel nut while they belch in their office chairs.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me
So not dating your coworkers is an incorrect opinion according to at least one poster in this thread. I love getting little gems like this out of you guys.

caberham posted:

Seriously guys, dating co-workers anywhere can get really messsssssy.

Actually dating anyone from a hobby/activity group is also really messssssy.

Oh and don't date goons too because that's even messssssier.

Oh and I'm afraid of randomly talking up to a woman in a bar because that's just invading her space and uncalled for.

So I just stick to internet dating and OKcupid. That way everyone knows my intentions!

And the muddying the waters was a nice touch by you. Clearly dating people you meet at activities or hobbies is the exact same as dating someone you work with and will see all day every day. Your powers of comparison are weak, and your logic is lacking. Additionally, goon on goon dating? In Taiwan? Lol that's hilarious! And girls sitting in bars are probably not the best targets in Asia for a number of reasons. So yeah, your argument basically has nothing going for it. No humor, no logic, nothing.

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was at dinner with a lovely girl.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pandemonium posted:

And girls sitting in bars are probably not the best targets in Asia for a number of reasons.

Wait, what do you mean?

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Pandemonium posted:

Your powers of comparison are weak, and your logic is lacking.

New thread title.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

Your powers of comparison are weak, and your logic is lacking.

same

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Pandemonium posted:

Sorry it took so long to reply. I was at dinner with a lovely girl.

That ended at 9 pm? Did you knock her out with your voracious early-evening lovemaking, you fox?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

I love getting little gems like this out of you guys.
Much likeyourposting?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

We should probably close the thread until we've all recovered from the last two days of brutal ownage.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

quadrophrenic posted:

That ended at 9 pm? Did you knock her out with your voracious early-evening lovemaking, you fox?

Nah, told her I am moving in a few months so we have an expiration date more or less, and she got really sad. We have only been on a few dates so far and haven't done anything worse than PG-13, so I thought she'd be alright. But she started crying. It was kind of a bummer. Good food, though.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
that's cool, that's a lot of details and i fully accept the verisimilitude of your story

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

We should probably close the thread until we've all recovered from the last two days of brutal ownage.

This thread is full of coworker dater apologists, even after you made your "i was tots joking" post. It's way too schizophrenic in here, I agree. Still, highlight might be the poster suggesting that "Taiwanese all do it; therefore, it is acceptable". Like my momma used to say, if everyone went and jumped off a bridge, would you go jump off it, too? Herd mentality, brah, it's not good. Have some morals/don't be that foreigner.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

quadrophrenic posted:

that's cool, that's a lot of details and i fully accept the verisimilitude of your story

:lol: if you think I am making up stories about dates to try to impress the less than 10 goons that post in this thread.

Edit: two "you"s...whoops!

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 20, 2016

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Pandemonium posted:

:lol: if you you think I am making up stories about dates to try to impress the less than 10 goons that post in this thread.

nah man I totally believe you took a girl on three or four dates then broke it off with her because if you took her on a few more dates over then next couple of months you might have to marry her oh nooooooooooooO!!!!!!!!!!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
The Taiwan Megathread 2: full of coworker dater apologists

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
you're a loving dork, is what i'm saying

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I don't think anyone in this thread is going to doubt the validity of a story in which you made a girl cry.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

caberham posted:

Yeah, nobody seems to give a toss about Jeremy Lin any more.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

House Louse posted:

Yeah, nobody seems to give a toss about Jeremy Lin any more.

well it depends; which team is he on? team coworker dating or team coworker hating?

WHICH TEAM ARE YOU ON

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

quadrophrenic posted:

nah man I totally believe you took a girl on three or four dates then broke it off with her because if you took her on a few more dates over then next couple of months you might have to marry her oh nooooooooooooO!!!!!!!!!!!

What? How do miss the mark that badly? I told her that I was moving now instead of when I actually moved because it's the decent thing to do. Where are you pulling marriage out of, you big dumb goon?

Jeremy Lin is now on the Charlotte... Hornets is it? That's what they used to be called before the moved or whatever. I dunno. Not a huge NBA fan. That's why you see those games broadcast over here--in addition to Curry games.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

quadrophrenic posted:

you're a loving dork, is what i'm saying

Says the guy sitting in his apartment after work to the guy who was out dining with a very attractive girl.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Speaking of having dinner with nice ladies, I'm meeting up with that coworker I mentioned this weekend.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

Says the guy sitting in his apartment after work to the guy who was out dining with a very attractive girl.

...whom you caused to weep.