Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I'm gonna need to see some sort of documentation which certifies that you don't have donkey brains if I'm to believe this. Perhaps from the DBDB?

http://www.donkeybrained.com/certificates/12760.pdf

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

InfiniteZero posted:

Anybody who uses IMDB ratings for anything has donkey brains.

I was just using it to show it was more than one or two people who thought poorly of that episode. I am not donkey brained.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Holy poo poo, is that an official document with the words 'donkey brains' written on it??

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I'm gonna need to see some sort of documentation which certifies that you don't have donkey brains if I'm to believe this. Perhaps from the DBDB?

What if it was signed by Dr Tobbogan?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Holy poo poo, is that an official document with the words 'donkey brains' written on it??

Is this a reference I've forgotten or are you seriously asking? If so, I'm guessing you don't have a certificate showing you're not donkey-brained.

Edit: I decided to do you a solid.

team overhead smash fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 20, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIx38k0QCf8

It's what Dee says when Charlie first presents Frank's certificate, you goddamn bitch.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

emanresu tnuocca posted:

It's what Dee says when Charlie first presents Frank's certificate, you goddamn bitch.

I like when the guy at the bar leaves toward the end of this episode and acknowledges these people, "Hey, thanks guys"

Edit -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Z4okvtRv4

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jan 20, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I like when the guy at the bar leaves toward the end of this episode and acknowledges these people, "Hey, thanks guys"

Edit -

Yeah that's one of the few times they've done something interesting with one of the extras, which is for me one of the things this show does a rather poor job with.

The other day I was watching The Gang Group Dates and in the big finale when Dennis is smashing his phone there's an extra sitting on a bar chair two meters behind him who just stares into thin air the entire time and doesn't even react to a very angry man yelling and smashing a phone on the floor, now I know extras are just basically bits of human furniture but it's still a shame.

There's also the short-haired extra in 'The anti social network' that Dee and Mac mistake for Dylan Tobac whom they accost and she doesn't say anything cause they didn't want to pay her extra for such a tiny talking role.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Yeah that's one of the few times they've done something interesting with one of the extras, which is for me one of the things this show does a rather poor job with.

The other day I was watching The Gang Group Dates and in the big finale when Dennis is smashing his phone there's an extra sitting on a bar chair two meters behind him who just stares into thin air the entire time and doesn't even react to a very angry man yelling and smashing a phone on the floor, now I know extras are just basically bits of human furniture but it's still a shame.

There's also the short-haired extra in 'The anti social network' that Dee and Mac mistake for Dylan Tobac whom they accost and she doesn't say anything cause they didn't want to pay her extra for such a tiny talking role.

I know what you mean, the "people props" thing has taken me out of far too many sit-com situations. I recognize it's a hallmark of farce to not carry things out and ruin the flow, but sometimes a scene weighs so heavily on a character doing something with/to an extra, something that would probably not end cleanly, but the extra just gestures or is off-frame after the first moment because they didn't want to pay for a line. It's too much sometimes.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I actually like how little the bar patrons react to the gang's antics; it's like they're just so used to their bullshit drama that they don't even care about it anymore.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Edit -

Yeah that was hands down the funniest moment of that episode, really caught me by surprise the first time. I think it's because they went from being super involved in the debate to actually doing their jobs and acknowledging the regulars for 2 seconds.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I love Charlie's delivery through that entire bit. :perfect:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's the way he holds his lapels. It's very lawyer like.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ladies and Gentleman, distinguished collies.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
How do we know YOU'RE not a DONKEY BRAINED man?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Dee as she moves her gavel to the fence: "I just- I wish you had a certificate..."

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I live in Philly and went to a couple Sunny location shoots a few years ago, and randomly found some photos I took. I have a ton more somewhere, I'll post more if any of them are any good.

The Frank and Mac shots are from Thundergun Express. I forget what Dennis and Charlie were doing.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
^^^^
They're doing the caricature scene from The ANTI-Social Network.

I thought it was pretty funny to see the bar regulars get in on the bunchers action during The Gang Group Dates

FELD1 posted:

I actually like how little the bar patrons react to the gang's antics; it's like they're just so used to their bullshit drama that they don't even care about it anymore.

I love that at this point the gang goes out on their adventures and the regulars just end up serving themselves...

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

i flunked out posted:

I love that at this point the gang goes out on their adventures and the regulars just end up serving themselves...

It's no wonder why the regulars hang out there, they must all leave for hours all the loving time.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's no wonder why the regulars hang out there, they must all leave for hours all the loving time.

When are they getting their own episode?

Also, does Frank still hang out with Vietnamese gambling rings, or did he ditch that for the more low-key ambience of the Underground Luau scene?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They had a tribute thing for an extra at the end of an episode for an extra who died in real life who I don't think ever had a single line and just sat at the bar.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

And for callbacks, I like how they handled it in the recycled trash episode. That was actually making a point on show callbacks and the characters were fourth wall aware of it. Similar to how the award episode, the characters almost quite knew they were talking about the show but not outright.

What they did now is basically what they made fun of shows doing in the trash episode 3 years ago. Just reusing a joke is like when people spout out memes everywhere. They were funny the first time and now you are just like hey guys remember this.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

drunken officeparty posted:

They had a tribute thing for an extra at the end of an episode for an extra who died in real life who I don't think ever had a single line and just sat at the bar.

Ernie, he had one line at the end of "The Worst Bar in Philadelphia" where he said "check it out" and showed them the newspaper with the new review from Corman.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

That's a fantastic picture.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
very thundergun

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Like a button on a fur coat.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
More of a ding than a dong.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I'm so happy.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh God this guy actually is from the Ski School movies

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Will be back an hour after the episode. I missed the start

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
DID YOU CUM IN MY BURRITO?!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
You said that this was a candy model!

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
The look on Charlie's face while Dennis was laughing was fantastic.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
This is the strangest episode they've ever done, and that's saying something.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
We're the most important thing that's happening right now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought you were a champion?

Why?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

This is fantastic.

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!
Charlies face was amazing thru all of that

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I wish this ep were an hour long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay this is a hallucination. Not sure when it started.