Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dan Savage probably about to get people in trouble for sending biohazardous stuff through the mail to people who don't want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Aesop Poprock posted:

Dan Savage probably about to get people in trouble for sending biohazardous stuff through the mail to people who don't want it

it...also borders on sexual assault. sending people things that have literally been in your body without them asking isn't cool, even if they're the worst people in the universe

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Irony; being arrested for sending a criminal armed militia sex toys and lube, while they remain unmolested by the law.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

theflyingorc posted:

it...also borders on sexual assault. sending people things that have literally been in your body without them asking isn't cool, even if they're the worst people in the universe

Yeah. Brand-new dildo? Sure, crude, but sure. Been-in-butt dildo? yeah, the line was back there. Way back there.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
What if you just cleaned it off really good or whatever? Like what they do when one gets returned for being dysfunctional (I dont really know if that's what they do)?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

theflyingorc posted:

While weird and creepy, "sending someone a dildo" isn't even close to being sexual assault. loving goons.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

WampaLord posted:

While weird and creepy, "sending someone a dildo" isn't even close to being sexual assault. loving goons.

i'm going to bet you don't know the definition of assault. for a hint: it doesn't involve physical contact

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Please, please, please don't make the next derail one in which we debate whether or not being mailed a used dildo is sexual assault.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

i'm going to bet you don't know the definition of assault. for a hint: it doesn't involve physical contact

The difference between the definition of assault and battery depends on the jurisdiction.

So, in some states assault is defined as attempting to hit someone, while in others, it does include physical contact.

I don't know what the law is in Oregon.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

quote:

I am no longer sexually active, but I have a significant collection of sex toys from earlier years. I’m thinking of getting rid of most of them, and it seems such a waste for them to end up in the landfill. What’s an environmentally responsible way to dispose of dildos? I wish there was a place I could donate the dildos where they could be used again. Many of them are quality silicone types, they’ve never been used on a person without a condom, and they’ve been thoroughly cleaned. I’d be happy to donate them to impoverished dildo users in need, if only I knew where to send them.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Your question comes up frequently, RRR, and there really isn’t a satisfactory answer. In Seattle, where I live, a community tool bank recently opened in my neighborhood—but they don’t collect and lend the kind of tools you’re looking to donate. I’ve heard about dildo graveyards in other cities (spots in parks where people bury their used sex toys), but burying sex toys isn’t environmentally responsible. And while high-quality dildos can be cleaned and safely reused, most people are pretty squeamish about the idea. Which is odd, considering that we routinely reuse actual cocks that have been enjoyed by others—so why not the fake ones?

But even if I can’t tell you what to do with your dildos, RRR, I can tell you what not to do with them: Do not ship your used dildos to the anti-government militia currently occupying a federal wildlife refuge in rural Oregon. After militia members asked supporters to send them supplies—via the U.S. Postal Service—their spokesperson complained bitterly about all the dildos they were getting in the mail. So if you decide to put your used dildos in a box and send them somewhere, RRR, please make sure the address on the box doesn’t read: Bundy Militia, c/o Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, 36391 Sodhouse Lane, Princeton, OR 97721.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Jesus christ get over yourselves. And actually read the article before you start calling a guy a Literal Rapist.

oops beaten

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

As a Millennial I posted:

Jesus christ get over yourselves. And actually read the article before you start calling a guy a Literal Rapist.

Sorry, it's 2016 and all jokes have been outlawed. The only people who tell jokes now are hardened, but funny, criminals.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Armyman25 posted:

The difference between the definition of assault and battery depends on the jurisdiction.

gee, it's almost like I used the phrase "borders on" because of the ambiguity!

however

kartikeya posted:

Please, please, please don't make the next derail one in which we debate whether or not being mailed a used dildo is sexual assault.
so imma not talk about it more.

the short version is doing this is more creepy than funny, and of questionable legality. please continue sending them poop gummy bears and unopened dildos, thanks

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Booda, aka fluffy unicorn, aka Brian Cavalier, is back at the refuge, apparently. He's in the photos of last night's community meeting.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Booda, aka fluffy unicorn, aka Brian Cavalier, is back at the refuge, apparently. He's in the photos of last night's community meeting.

Was that the stolen valor marine guy or the "I spent all our donation money on a huge bender in a hotel room" guy?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

DeathSandwich posted:

Was that the stolen valor marine guy or the "I spent all our donation money on a huge bender in a hotel room" guy?

Fake marine.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

prefect posted:

Fake marine.

Also a guy that was arrested on other outstanding changes, then almost immediately let go. Aaaand now he's back in the mix. Yay.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

oops beaten

No one was saying rapist.

But sending a used sex toy is a step too far in reality. As a joke it's funny. But don't send them a used dildo.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

:words: SEXUAL ASSAULT :words:

you are consistently the worst poster in this and all threads you participate in. Why are you so eager to be offended over literally anything anyone says?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
It's a waste of perfectly good dildos.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Sending them used dildos would be redundant anyways, the militants are lovely enough dildos already. :v:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

kartikeya posted:

Also a guy that was arrested on other outstanding changes, then almost immediately let go. Aaaand now he's back in the mix. Yay.

Arrested in a different state, on a non-federal outstanding warrant, and released by a judge.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

kartikeya posted:

Now that sounds like a guy who's cut a deal with the Feds.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Horking Delight posted:

Now that sounds like a guy who's cut a deal with the Feds.

Give it two days and we'll see him strung up on a cross at the entrance to the Refuge.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Why pay extra for a new dildo when it becomes used as soon as it tickles your sphincter?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
there was a countdown to a second livestream at 5 yesterday, does anyone know what that was?

edit: community meeting that Bundy was at yesterday. kinda wish the feds had just nabbed him?

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/oregon_standoff_anger_frustrat.html#incart_big-photo

theflyingorc fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jan 20, 2016

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

Sexual assault != assault

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Holy dick, not used butt plugs

Somebody call the law

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Jarmak posted:

Sexual assault != assault

i apologize for saying anything at all, and let's talk about not that

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/Scout_Finch/status/689845947518443521

I return to my daily wish for Pete Santilli to be shot in the dick.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

kartikeya posted:

Just how deep do these assholes go into cartoon villainy?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

kartikeya posted:

Please tell me someone has a clip of that.

How can one make be such a cartoon?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Crain posted:

I haven't seen it myself, but if it came from his own livestream then you can just go to the video and find it.

Remember, Pete Santilli's audience is exclusively chemtrail fluoride nutjobs who believe that anybody speaking out against the militia is paid off by the feds.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Crain posted:

He'll man, have you been watching the Republican party for the past 8 years? They're practically Captain Planet villains at this point.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Crain posted:

You're in luck.

https://twitter.com/Scout_Finch/status/689853750253498368

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Remember, Pete Santilli's audience is exclusively chemtrail fluoride nutjobs who believe that anybody speaking out against the militia is paid off by the feds.

Not five minutes ago:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

This is one of the dumbest bits of Internet pedantry. Congratulations on having heard of the common law distinction between assault and battery. Now, because the law has (shockingly) evolved since the days of blackstone and we are not discussing civil liability for intentional torts, go read some actual laws.

Such as oregons assault statute: http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.160

Or the federal SMTJ assault statute: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/113

Many, probably most, of the criminal codes in the United States have rolled battery into assault statutes. While there are still assault charges available for placing someone in fear of imminent injury without actually touching them (the old common law meaning of "assault"), assault now includes most forms of people actually doing violence to each other in most jurisdictions.

Assault and battery remain distinct causes of action in state tort law in most jurisdictions.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Forgall posted:

It's a waste of perfectly good dildos.

What about all these home made alarm clocks and blocks of plasticine I have sitting about?

I figure they could do with a few boxes of home made clocks to wake up and plasticine to play with.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Crain posted:

No one was saying rapist.

But sending a used sex toy is a step too far in reality. As a joke it's funny. But don't send them a used dildo.

Clearly, a used sex toy is the most heinous thing you can send to a domestic terrorist. As opposed to raiding their compound and possibly shooting them, which is okay and legal.

I'm a full advocate for ending this with a siege and wouldn't really mind if some of the militia ended up hurt if they tried to shoot at cops or the FBI. But come on, a used butt plug is somehow what "crosses a line" in this scenario?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
if anyone cares, Pete is describing his interpretation of last night's meeting right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5obtfR5Fito

• Locked thread