Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enfield posted:

hey now, this comedy forum is financing your restaurant. show some god damned respect

also op as a thought excersize maybe read this post aloud to sort of get a feel for how ridiculous this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Hell Yeah posted:

lol doobie gets a bunch of money and now everyone is going to kickstart their crazy restaurant in gbs (as long as it doesn't require them to do anything they are uncomfortable with)

I just want to chuckle at the OP while he stumbles through food prep and butchers tagalog pronounciation. this is just gbs....not a black mirror episode.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
OPs first mistake was searching the forums for popular kickstarter threads in an attempt to find out whether such things were posted anywhere on here these days.

OPs second mistake was not reading very far into the result of that search.

I missed the doobies thing tbh, now that I'm reading it it's fairly hilarious, with some uncomfortable parallels to be sure b

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Tommy John posted:

OPs first mistake was searching the forums for popular kickstarter threads in an attempt to find out whether such things were posted anywhere on here these days.

OPs second mistake was not reading very far into the result of that search.

I missed the doobies thing tbh, now that I'm reading it it's fairly hilarious, with some uncomfortable parallels to be sure b

me must be at the part of the episode where the soft piano music plays and urkel learns an important llife lesson

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

in ur script can u call ur stand titty dong's? just spitballing here

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
can you end your video by saying the hot new meme "dunk a dill pickle, reald-o" OP?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
this is gon be great

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Say titty dongs on the camera op

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

a starwar betamax posted:

me must be at the part of the episode where the soft piano music plays and urkel learns an important llife lesson

*staring at overdue bills while a debt collector calls his cell phone*

"Did I do that??"

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I stop reading a thread because it's garbage, and now SWBM is roping me back in with mod challenges :argh:

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

OK [MOD CHALLENGE TIME]........................

OP, as a way of saying "thank you" to the goons who actually donated money to you for some reason, and for the pages of actually good advice that you were given, free of charge... you have 24 HOURS to do one of these one things:

1: Post a video of you preparing a philipeno food while reading a script transcribed for you in Tagalong. (must be at least 3 minutes long) Also we need close ups of your mouth while you taste the food afterwards.

And if you don;t do it within 24 hours I guess your banned or something. who knows!

Yo imma give $50 if the close-ups of mouth are niiiice an close
With sounds!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Enfield posted:

you need to be a serious badass to start a restaurant and the op seems more like a meek hamster

Don't dis hamsters. They will cut you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-VxNSM15fI

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

dad gay. so what posted:

can you end your video by saying the hot new meme "dunk a dill pickle, reald-o" OP?

Heard this is 2016s hot new meme! Im no meme professor but this is probably a solid to get your business "out there" ahead of the popularity curve. Bkless.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Will you sell "Doobie dogs"?

I mean, it would be justice well served.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

dad gay. so what posted:

What's Tagalog for reald-o?

Also, I'm worried about this new meme, man. People gonna think ur saying "dunkadiles real although," especially Youtube closed captions, and if you can't get on there...

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Why is this thread stickied yet?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I can't possibly bring myself to read 16 pages to find out, so can someone tell me if the OP was just making a doobie joke or is history actually repeating?

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Moon Atari posted:

I can't possibly bring myself to read 16 pages to find out, so can someone tell me if the OP was just making a doobie joke or is history actually repeating?

click that ? mark bud

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Because Id rather be banned from a comedy forum than record a racist sexist or otherwise disgusting video of myself to post online?

Apparently the old adage is incorrect, beggars can in fact be choosers.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Oh man, I'm not sure if any amount of funding is worth the risk of being obsessively monitored by goons for an unknown period of time into the future. Nonetheless I hope things go well.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Moon Atari posted:

Oh man, I'm not sure if any amount of funding is worth the risk of being obsessively monitored by goons for an unknown period of time into the future. Nonetheless I hope things go well.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
can social vegan please write the script? thats my mod challenge social vegan has to write the script or i am going to write bad things about whoever keeps it from happening in my diary and as they said the pen is mightier than the sword so dont mess with me pals

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If he can get through the first paragraph of John Galt's speech in one breath I'll donate $5.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Donated a 1000$

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

wait.. no i didn't

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Digital Fingers posted:

Donated a 1000$

can u at least donate 1$

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
donating all my positive energy for 24 hours and in this economy that is as good as gold fwiw

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

donate 1$

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Did you have a micro stroke?

only of goodwill and sincerity its over now

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

gently caress da Mods posted:

can u at least donate 1$

I tried to but I started choking on a piece of apple before I could complete the donation and now i'm dead.

Probably going to go take a nap now.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

if i get to write the script then i wouldn't have 2 ask if op is gonna say titty dongs i'm basically over here slapping at my thighs and chest like a man running on a titty dongplatform

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

imagine a world where every sentence is finished w a man holding up two peace signs and saying he is not acrook

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Because Id rather be banned from a comedy forum than record a racist sexist or otherwise disgusting video of myself to post online?

Cooking the food you're trying to sell is racist? What?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

social vegan posted:

if i get to write the script then i wouldn't have 2 ask if op is gonna say titty dongs i'm basically over here slapping at my thighs and chest like a man running on a titty dongplatform

social vegan posted:

imagine a world where every sentence is finished w a man holding up two peace signs and saying he is not acrook

you writing this poo poo down OP? social v is going to save your rear end yet.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Looking forward to the SV screenplay.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

when my kid was 5 she couldnt remember it right so she called them her jalapeno friends from school

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Google posted:

Tungkol sa tatlong bagay na ako ay ganap na positibo. Una, Edward ay isang vampire. Pangalawa, may isang bahagi ng kanya-at hindi ko alam kung paano matapang na bahagi ay maaaring maging-na nauhaw sa aking dugo. At pangatlo, ako ay walang kondisyon at hindi mababawi sa pag-ibig sa kanya

:effort:

Here, have some money and good luck to you. Restaurants are very hard.

e: noipe just kidding this is a bad idea

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 20, 2016

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
hi there, i work in this industry and have some free advice: hire a restaurant consultant who will surely tell you this idea is bound to fail for a wide variety of reasons

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
are you aware that opening a restaurant is a calculated and extremely risky business venture and not ~a dream~ to follow

because i say gently caress it go for it and post the results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Dr. Tommy John posted:

To get the kind of feedback you can only get from mean spirited and distrustful interneters.

I may be defensive but I'm here listening and answering.

I was about to sign and mail a $1000 check, but your terrible attitude and lack of humility stopped me at the last moment, god bless.

• Locked thread