Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Cythereal posted:

Light-side Imperial Agent has actually read their Machiavelli and agrees that if you can't be feared and respected, choose respect.
And in of the hidden branches of Light-side IA storyline, the agent is an actual double agent loyal to the Republic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ephemeron posted:

And in of the hidden branches of Light-side IA storyline, the agent is an actual double agent loyal to the Republic.

I think you might have to pick one dark-side choice at just the right time to get that result, as I went all-LS and didn't get it. :cry:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

After not having played my Marauder for some time I picked it up a couple days ago at level 50 from launch a few days ago, got some newish gear and started the first expansion at Makeb. Boy for some reason I find the VO for the male SW to be the perfect candidate for evil Jame Bond Villain murder man. It's a good change of pace from the Clint Eastwood style drawl of the BH.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

prefect posted:

I think you might have to pick one dark-side choice at just the right time to get that result, as I went all-LS and didn't get it. :cry:

Really? Cause all the choices I made led to it and I didn't have to. Just don't kill Ardun Kothe on Quesh, then on Corellia when he confronts you again, take the LS option there too. At the end, after you kill Hunter and take the Black Codex, he'll show up again, and you tell him you'll volunteer to be a double agent

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

don't kill Ardun Kothe on Quesh

Why would anyone do this, unless you're explicitly metagaming for the double agent ending?

Guy is a creepy mindrapist that wants to kill an entire planet full of civilians

Gasoline fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 20, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Today's OP is Temple of Sacrifice but no one is making groups for it at all, unlike the other OPS every day. What's wrong with it? It's one of the last few I haven't seen yet.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mr. Neutron posted:

Today's OP is Temple of Sacrifice but no one is making groups for it at all, unlike the other OPS every day. What's wrong with it? It's one of the last few I haven't seen yet.

It's the final operation so it's supposed to be a bit more difficult. In reality, story mode is still easy with the exception of Underlurker (3rd boss) which still has a heavy DPS and Healing check. That combined with the fact that the loot is mediocre makes it a tough one to PUG.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Medullah posted:

It's the final operation so it's supposed to be a bit more difficult. In reality, story mode is still easy with the exception of Underlurker (3rd boss) which still has a heavy DPS and Healing check. That combined with the fact that the loot is mediocre makes it a tough one to PUG.

So when are we doing it, then?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dalris Othaine posted:

So when are we doing it, then?

I'm meeting a friend tonight for dinner but I'll pop on when I get done, if we have enough people we can try and run it (or if you guys have enough without me, have at it). It's not too tough mechanically just a huge DPS and heal check on Underlurker.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I'm meeting a friend tonight for dinner but I'll pop on when I get done, if we have enough people we can try and run it (or if you guys have enough without me, have at it). It's not too tough mechanically just a huge DPS and heal check on Underlurker.

It feels like the last time we had a not-quite full guild group, the issue was more with the pubbies that kept running to the wrong side of the Underlurker's cross marker. Or, you know, not running to it at all.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

It feels like the last time we had a not-quite full guild group, the issue was more with the pubbies that kept running to the wrong side of the Underlurker's cross marker. Or, you know, not running to it at all.

Fortunately that's been nerfed with 4.0 too, you only need one person on each part of the cross so 4 people can gently caress up as long as 4 people do it right.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Fortunately that's been nerfed with 4.0 too, you only need one person on each part of the cross so 4 people can gently caress up as long as 4 people do it right.

Wow. OK, that would make it easier then.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I'm down.

:bandwagon:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
How do I get legacy cargo hold? I am supposed to get one for free with the stronghold intro quest which asks me to buy a stronghold but I bought it before I got that quest...

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Mr. Neutron posted:

How do I get legacy cargo hold? I am supposed to get one for free with the stronghold intro quest which asks me to buy a stronghold but I bought it before I got that quest...

If you take the quest and then visit your stronghold, it should still count. Then you get the rest in the mail.

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Count me in for ToS

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I'll be putting together a ToS 8-man story mode run in about two hours now. We might hit up eyeless afterward depending.

Be there or be square!

EDIT: Assembling now~

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 21, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sorry I had to bounce guys, told myself I'd get up early tomorrow and needed to be in bed by 10pm EST...I failed.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

We had a good turnout for Temple of Sacrifice and made some good progress! Grots to goons who got goodies.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Gasoline posted:

Why would anyone do this, unless you're explicitly metagaming for the double agent ending?

Guy is a creepy mindrapist that wants to kill an entire planet full of civilians

You have met your bosses right?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Polyakov posted:

You have met your bosses right?

That's right. He's taking advantage of something you were completely unaware of. Anybody using the force not following those lovely pacifist rules would've done the same.

Play Agent everybody, and If you want it done quick and fast, play Operative.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So apparently the gear you get doing heroics before level 61 (Before they turn into alliance crate rewards) is not only *not* bind on pickup, but also not level restricted. So people are running heroics with their level 55-60s and sending full sets of 178 gear to their level 1 characters. Someone on Reddit posted their low level character on Korriban winning a duel with a 55 marauder because his stats were all synced down while the low level's weren't since he was "at level" for the planet.

Countdown til nerf bat on that one...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Medullah posted:

So apparently the gear you get doing heroics before level 61 (Before they turn into alliance crate rewards) is not only *not* bind on pickup, but also not level restricted. So people are running heroics with their level 55-60s and sending full sets of 178 gear to their level 1 characters. Someone on Reddit posted their low level character on Korriban winning a duel with a 55 marauder because his stats were all synced down while the low level's weren't since he was "at level" for the planet.

What is the chance to get bans for doing that? Cause daaamn.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

What is the chance to get bans for doing that? Cause daaamn.

I'd say probably no bans but potentially a suspension. It would be nice though, gear up a character once and never have to worry about gear until 65.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

You don't get an "equipping this thing will bind it to you" message with that gear, so I'm going to theorize that the boxes aren't bound, but opening the boxes binds the gear to you.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Medullah posted:

I'd say probably no bans but potentially a suspension. It would be nice though, gear up a character once and never have to worry about gear until 65.

Oh wow, it works.

You have to send the crate and open it on your alt. I doubt they will do anything, considering adding level requirement to the gear will make it useless on the characters you are using it on.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Dunno-Lars posted:

Oh wow, it works.

You have to send the crate and open it on your alt. I doubt they will do anything, considering adding level requirement to the gear will make it useless on the characters you are using it on.

All they need to do to fix it is to make the box BoP.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Which is pretty much what I expect they'll do.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yeah. Won't remove from those that have abused it, but would remove the exploit.

Edit: 9977 HP at level 13 with just four pieces of 178. It will be VERY obvious to others that you have used the exploit.

Edit2: Ok, this is awesome and will make playing alts a lot nicer. I might actually use this exploit, usually stay away from those.

I don't PVP, but wouldn't this give you a massive advantage in PVP? Open PVP of course, but groupfinder PVP?

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 21, 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

Yeah. Won't remove from those that have abused it, but would remove the exploit.

Edit: 9977 HP at level 13 with just four pieces of 178. It will be VERY obvious to others that you have used the exploit.

Edit2: Ok, this is awesome and will make playing alts a lot nicer. I might actually use this exploit, usually stay away from those.

I don't PVP, but wouldn't this give you a massive advantage in PVP? Open PVP of course, but groupfinder PVP?

Well I think it might help as far as raw stats go, but since the god stat in PvP is expertise, you won't get ANY of that due to the level of gear being higher than bolster requirement. So not sure if the increased stats would compensate.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

So brain-dead PvE lvling is made even easier? Not seeing the big deal with this myself.

As for WZ's you get Bolstered to 65 so it'd even out and any gear above lvl 54 in lowbies is sub-optimal anyways.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Do warriors have multiple ways to go from 10% to 100% health in a short period of time? My team was screaming "HAAAX" in this WZ I was just in but when I fought the players in question (two warriors) any time we'd get them down to low health they'd instantly be back at full. There were no healers around, and both of them ended with zero deaths.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Verranicus posted:

Do warriors have multiple ways to go from 10% to 100% health in a short period of time? My team was screaming "HAAAX" in this WZ I was just in but when I fought the players in question (two warriors) any time we'd get them down to low health they'd instantly be back at full. There were no healers around, and both of them ended with zero deaths.

Endure pain will temporarily increase your health pool by 30%. Maybe they were combining that with a WZ medpack? If they were Immortal spec they also had a lot of damage mitigation utilities they might have been using at just the right time?

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Juggernauts and Guardians have a really good ability that when used will give them health back when they take damage. If they're taking a decent amount of damage this will very quickly give them a lot of HP. I think they can use it every 45 seconds, or somewhere around there. They also have an ability that gives them some temporary health back, although that one isn't quite as powerful. So they do have ways of healing themselves, but they do have cooldowns so I can't say exactly what was going on there.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
Enraged Defense heals you every time you get hit for the next 12 hits, and at least in PvE will top you up almost instantly if you're taking a lot of little hits. It can be talented to have a 90 second cooldown, or 120 untalented.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

They did something like this after that exploit with 208 offhands--the barrels/hilts in them didn't bind to the weapon type, so you could pull them out and put them into mainhand weapons.

There were no suspensions for that one, but this is...this is a bit bigger. I'm conflicted as to whether I want to take advantage or not.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Okay, it was probably one of those then. It just felt like these guys were literally unkillable with half our team on one of them without a healer and still getting nowhere. Thanks guys.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Verranicus posted:

Okay, it was probably one of those then. It just felt like these guys were literally unkillable with half our team on one of them without a healer and still getting nowhere. Thanks guys.

If they were smart about cross-taunting you'd be doing -30% damage as well. Vengeance is absolutely the stoutest DPS spec in the game as well with several methods for gaining significant damage reduction buffs on top of absolutely stellar CD's.

I've PvP'd enough in this game to have 14 Valor 100 chars and several more in the nineties and only twice have I seen behavior that made me think hacks. If you think a character is hacking just report and move on...they are very, very easy to detect if that is indeed the case.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

If they were smart about cross-taunting you'd be doing -30% damage as well. Vengeance is absolutely the stoutest DPS spec in the game as well with several methods for gaining significant damage reduction buffs on top of absolutely stellar CD's.

I've PvP'd enough in this game to have 14 Valor 100 chars and several more in the nineties and only twice have I seen behavior that made me think hacks. If you think a character is hacking just report and move on...they are very, very easy to detect if that is indeed the case.

I guess I need to learn Vengeance. I spent the last few weeks relearning Concealment so Vengeance is literally the only spec in the game I don't know how to play (well, I guess Arsenal too since I haven't played it since 3.0)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

FYI for anyone wanting to buy endgame stuff, I can now make the following for these mats for you -

Advanced Resistive Hilt 43 (220 tank hilt) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Advanced Versatile Hilt 43 (220 dps/heal hilt) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Advanced Versatile Barrel 43 (220 DPS/heal barrel) - 2 Dark Matter Catalysts
Exarch Relic of Focused Retribution - 3 Dark Matter Catalysts + 6 Exotic Isotope Equalizers
Exarch Relic of Serendipitous Assault - 3 Dark Matter Catalysts + 6 Exotic Isotope Equalizers

Can also make a bunch of miscellaneous 220 earpieces and implants for 3 Strategic Resource Matrix and 10 Exotic Isotope Equalizers. Not quite as good as 220 raid drops, but better than commendation ones.

Which character do you want the DMCs mailing to for a tank hilt, or should I just dump them in one of the guild bank tabs?

• Locked thread