Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I believe this has some tiein with the Mormon elements of their flavor of sovcit beliefs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Discendo Vox posted:

I believe this has some tiein with the Mormon elements of their flavor of sovcit beliefs.

:toot: :toot:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

it's p cool that the governor has to beg the fbi to get off their lazy asses and deal with some actual terrorism

too bad their "hide our heads in the sand" plan didn't defuse the terrorist situation

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

As expected, Pete has decided that the community meeting was a scripted event full of crisis actors. His viewers are eating it up too:

And while the FBI's preparations at the hospital are scary big brother bullshit, the Oath Keepers' triage prep is "in case somebody, you know, breaks a leg, and the hospital's 30 miles away." Okay.

GameCube fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jan 20, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

As a Millennial I posted:

As expected, Pete has decided that the community meeting was a scripted event full of crisis actors.

also he's talking a lot about increased FBI presence. I'm beginning to wonder if something's going to go down.

of course, it's pete, so accuracy is a huge concern

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Crain posted:

One of these jackasses was blowing that thing one day when Ammon was trying to give a press release. It was hilarious.

If not for the whole heavily armed paramilitary bit I would love these guys for the comedy value.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Nah, I don't think so. Though don't quote me on that, they already did a doozy on the Captain Moroni thing. The only thing I can really think of is there are a few Mormon hymns that are like sound the trumps of God la la la or whatever, but those are pretty standard church hymn themes. Also you made me watch that with this comment, drat you, and I nearly squirted my drink through my nose.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

kartikeya posted:

Nah, I don't think so. Though don't quote me on that, they already did a doozy on the Captain Moroni thing. The only thing I can really think of is there are a few Mormon hymns that are like sound the trumps of God la la la or whatever, but those are pretty standard church hymn themes. Also you made me watch that with this comment, drat you, and I nearly squirted my drink through my nose.

if they didn't have guns the occupation would be one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

of course, it also would have been over after about 20 minutes

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Geostomp posted:

Can someone remind me again why these guys aren't called terrorists?

The significant lack of dead people might have something to do with it.

Scott Forstall posted:

Oregon Governor is in a press conference now saying this poo poo has gone on too long and needs to stop immediately. She says the Feds need to end this asap

If she was serious, she'd be sending the state police or something to Burns and arresting the militia members next time they went into town. Much like the sheriff, she's just blaming the feds to distract from the state's inaction.

theflyingorc posted:

also he's talking a lot about increased FBI presence. I'm beginning to wonder if something's going to go down.

of course, it's pete, so accuracy is a huge concern

I doubt it. He's probably just trying to make it seem like something is going to go down soon because otherwise his viewers will stop caring. If he presents it as building up to some crisis that's totally around the corner guys no really any day now, he holds their attention for at least an extra week or so.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Drown em in dildos.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

blablablabla posted:

Drown em in dildos.

Then they will fight in the flared base shade.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Main Paineframe posted:

The significant lack of dead people might have something to do with it.

If she was serious, she'd be sending the state police or something to Burns and arresting the militia members next time they went into town. Much like the sheriff, she's just blaming the feds to distract from the state's inaction.

I doubt it. He's probably just trying to make it seem like something is going to go down soon because otherwise his viewers will stop caring. If he presents it as building up to some crisis that's totally around the corner guys no really any day now, he holds their attention for at least an extra week or so.

Also, if she really really wanted to put a hard crackdown, the Governor is legally the Commander in Chief of their respective state's national guard when they aren't under federal control. An actual military crackdown would be an absolute bloodbath though, and terrible terrible optics.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

DeathSandwich posted:

Also, if she really really wanted to put a hard crackdown, the Governor is legally the Commander in Chief of their respective state's national guard when they aren't under federal control. An actual military crackdown would be an absolute bloodbath though, and terrible terrible optics.

Yeah, but Kent State 2.0 has a nice ring to it. :haw:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

DeathSandwich posted:

This sort of thing is why we need more outfits like the Texas State Guard, which is under the sole and exclusive control of the governor. :911:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

MariusLecter posted:

Send in the flamethrower tank.

SquadronROE posted:

They just need 1 Bradley. That'd be it.

Send in the Bradley with BPA-free dildo rounds.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

DeathSandwich posted:

Not if we get to them before they can line up the women and children up front first!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

DeathSandwich posted:

An actual military crackdown would be an absolute bloodbath though, and terrible terrible optics.

The nest of the Marbled Murrelet must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of sovereign citizens.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Doctor Butts posted:

The nest of the Marbled Murrelet must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of sovereign citizens.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Doctor Butts posted:

Send in the Bradley with BPA-free dildo rounds.
you idiot

MariusLecter posted:

Not if we get to them before they can line up the women and children up front first!

we can't fire dildos at children. mods, please ban this pedophile

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

theflyingorc posted:

you idiot

Please stop; this is getting embarrassing.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

theflyingorc posted:

you idiot

Excuse me sir, BPA-Free dildo rounds are less than lethal firepower.

They're only lethal to sovereign citizens if they''re the big black ones and have a verse from the Koran engraved on them.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Don't worry, the Bundy Brigade is here to save you from yourselves.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/689914313780412416

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DeathSandwich posted:

The danger here (beyond the immediate massive bloodshed problem) is that the state national guard is pulled from the state population, and as such is disproportionately likely to have militia sympathizers in its membership.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Crain posted:

It's not a line in the sense of the FBI's response, just a matter of personal taste. Personally I don't think anyone should be sending anything. Aka: Don't touch the poop. Don't get yourself involved.

SA members have already gotten propaganda written on shells being fired at Donetsk and Brown Moses is practically an enemy of the state in Russia. This website has gone beyond touching the poop.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

chitoryu12 posted:

SA members have already gotten propaganda written on shells being fired at Donetsk and Brown Moses is practically an enemy of the state in Russia. This website has gone beyond touching the poop.

But dildos are icky. :qq:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

kartikeya posted:

"Why doesn't anyone like us?" :qq:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

kartikeya posted:

The nine most scariest words "I'm from the militia and I'm here to help".

Urzza
Sep 8, 2007
Rippen off MTG since 2002

kartikeya posted:

You know, I think I saw that picture a while back, in a thread about fracking. If it's the picture I remember, the guy was hired security for a drill site.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

kartikeya posted:

Oh snap, sounds like Oregon's governor is a bit pissed:

https://twitter.com/JohnLGC/status/689894932190855169

Yet another goony nerd who doesn't understand how peaceful this protest is

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

A Winner is Jew posted:

Yeah, but Kent State 2.0 has a nice ring to it. :haw:

You're gonna want to keep that one for safe keeping now that we found ISIS there. I assume the find/replace->Fallujah/KentState assault strategy doc is just taking some time to get disseminated.

Either that or they're in comms with Bundy's crew to make sure the razing of a college campus is ok with them and not a risk factor for a Waco outbreak.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Why can't we be more like Israel? Raid the place, kill em all. PlantFind some ISIS flags and pledges of allegiance. Everybody's happy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmao the fuuuuuucking governor said that feds asked her not to comment so it wouldn't escalate the situation. This poo poo is ridiculous.

If these guys all turned out to be FBI plants trying to lure in RW nutjobs from across the nation the first thing I would think would be "well then you should have been a little less obvious about it".

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
We are in an election year after all.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao the fuuuuuucking governor said that feds asked her not to comment so it wouldn't escalate the situation. This poo poo is ridiculous.

If these guys all turned out to be FBI plants trying to lure in RW nutjobs from across the nation the first thing I would think would be "well then you should have been a little less obvious about it".

It's working, isn't it?

The feds are even getting free sex aids out of it!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Edit: Nevermind

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
The guys can't even create a macro meme right? The "American Patriots" belongs on the top of the image not the middle. I'm deffo not following them into Civ War 2 now

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Discendo Vox posted:

The danger here (beyond the immediate massive bloodshed problem) is that the state national guard is pulled from the state population, and as such is disproportionately likely to have militia sympathizers in its membership.

I would imagine a national guard member defecting to the militia or rendering any kind of aid to them if they were called into action would prolly get hammered every which way from Sunday by the courts, doubly so if for some magical hypothetical reason Obama gives a federal mobilization order to the state, if that happened they would get crucified by the military courts. Im pretty sure doing that kind of poo poo gets you shot by your buddies too. So yeah I don't think any one of them would be dumb enough to do that.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

So yeah I don't think any one of them would be dumb enough to do that.

I don't think you know the military very well.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

remusclaw posted:

I don't think you know the military very well.

I think I know it well enough to know it looks very poorly on its own people assisting the other side, even more so if someone from the military gets injured because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wasn't calling you on your absolutely correct interpretation on how the military would respond, just on your overestimation of the average intelligence of its members.

• Locked thread