Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kea posted:

Thats hilarious.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Bloodline_mod#Bloodline_affixes

Keeper of the Trove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
While im asking silly questions is there any point to keeping random uniques like this

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604984935

(found at level 32 for some reason)

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Kea posted:

While im asking silly questions is there any point to keeping random uniques like this

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=604984935

(found at level 32 for some reason)

I assume you got it from a strange barrel strong box? There's no point in keeping it unless you're gonna use it on this or a future character, but I personally hoard unique items because I'm an idiot.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

I assume you got it from a strange barrel strong box? There's no point in keeping it unless you're gonna use it on this or a future character, but I personally hoard unique items because I'm an idiot.

I did, it said it wasnt full of swarms of things, it lied.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.
If you have absolutely no interest in trying to trade, there's a vendor recipe for a white, magic, rare, and a unique of the same base type that gives 5 chance orbs that you can do.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Ada posted:

If you have absolutely no interest in trying to trade, there's a vendor recipe for a white, magic, rare, and a unique of the same base type that gives 5 chance orbs that you can do.

I'm not really against trading I just have no idea of the market value of things right now.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you care about prices of items, look them up on poe.trade (set online only, buyout only checkboxes). Sort by price by clicking the currency icon in the lower left of any of them. If you see a lot of items at 1c or less unsold, that item is basically unsellable and you should keep it only if you think you'll use it for something. Otherwise, keep/sell, up to you.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
All the bleed sources would be additive right? 16% from the tree, 10% from the Gladiator Ascendancy class, and 25% from Mark of the Doubting Knight on a crit,. Mark also gives 25% chance to poison on crit, Adders Touch gives 30% on a crit, and you can get 25% chance to poison bleeding enemies from the tree. Plus you get a good deal of increased damage to bleeding enemies from the tree and Gladiator.

I know mark isn't a very good dagger as its so slow and is only 200 pdps, but it might be worth a thought going into 2.2.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1570794

quote:

Features:

Added support for the upcoming Winterheart Race Season.

Added a new unique amulet: Winterheart. This will be enabled around the time that the upcoming Winterheart Race Season begins.

Added five new Microtransactions: Demonic Blade Vortex, Arcane Contagion, Arcane Essence Drain, Arcane Wither, Golden Bladefall and a pack containing the Arcane Skill Effects.

Added eight new Divination Cards.

Increased the drop chances of some of the rarer Divination Cards.

Players once again gain the Mods of indirectly killed rare monsters while using the Headhunter or Inspired Learning uniques. This fixes an unintentional change to this mechanic in the 2.1.0 patch.

Life and Mana Leech from Attacks now appears in the Character Screen on the Offence tab.

Raging Spirits spawned in Haku missions now deal substantially less damage at all levels. The density of them has also been reduced at higher levels.

Improved the appearance of certain effects when on Totems or the Necromancers in the Crematorium. Improved Brazilian Portuguese translations.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where the Gore Gloves on Ranger and Gore Boots on Marauder were missing their scrolling blood effects.

Fixed a bug where the challenge which requires you to kill Loathe was not being counted when killing the Loathe found in the Overgrown Ruin End-game Map.

Fixed a bug where The Whispering Ice was missing its vendor sell price.

Fixed a bug where Rigwald could play dialogue excessively when running far away and back towards him repeatedly.

Fixed a bug where Totems couldn't summon ranged animated weapons when using the Spirit Guards unique Jewel.

Fixed a bug where Null's Inclination's triggered effect wasn't summoning ranged animated weapons when using the Spirit Guards unique jewel.

Fixed a bug where using the Coruscating Elixir unique flask while taking chaos damage over time could make it appear as though you died on party members' clients.

Fixed a bug where you could bypass the Skeleton Mage limit through use of Totems.

Looking forward to the race season, it'll be my first time to actually go seriously in it and do more than a single descent race where i die 5 levels in.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

nightwisher posted:

So this is what I get up to when I strike it lucky with drops and have many exalted to play with, next-level meta builds:

I call it the Cast When Damage Takener :v:

I witnessed this glorious bastard in person. It was everything you would hope for. It didn't even smell like sweat in his hideout or anything.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I'd guess that the cards that got higher drop chance are the less common 10, 11, and 12 sets.

I hope at least.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Apple Craft posted:

I witnessed this glorious bastard in person. It was everything you would hope for. It didn't even smell like sweat in his hideout or anything.

I saw that in person too! it was insane. my FPS died forever.

Cool in theory, but is it practical? :colbert:

edit: Nevermind, it's loving cool. It doesn't need to be practical.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

This looks fun. Is there a build guide?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Man I just gave away a ton of poo poo and it was great.

I think I'll have to make a habit of this every league.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

And in one beautiful moment I realized I could sell items to my in-house masters and never have to leave my hideout...

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Aericura posted:

This looks fun. Is there a build guide?

"Nuclear Dawn"

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

How do people have enough extra maps they can afford to sell? I had someone give me like 8 T7s and despite pushing them to very high quantity % I only replace them like half the time. Usually I'll get a bunch of crap maps and maybe a single T6 or T7.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Guild reinvites should be all caught up. Let me know if someone got missed.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bugsy posted:

Guild reinvites should be all caught up. Let me know if someone got missed.

I didn't ask for one yet but could you throw one to ViperWorm?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Budgie posted:

There was a guy in dried lake at the weekend with the ultimate black hole build: Sire of shards, dual totem, reverse knockback ball lightning. Pulling poo poo in from about 2 screens away. The xp in that group was fantastic.

I wonder how hard it would be to make a build like that viable for solo play. Roll Shadow and go non crit traps, since you won't have crit from weapons? You won't have 2 totems and as much aoe radius of course but even just one of them keeping one monster pack in check could be good.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

A price check cause I don't know what ES gear is worth:

Also I found a Faminebind. Is it worth making a Retch to use on my ST character? Just using a high life/resists/some WED belt at the moment.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Newbie question, but how do Dried Lake (or any other) groups work? Does everyone go into the same instance, and do you stay together or spread out for optimal killage? PoE has been a solo exercise so far, but that seems a shame to keep up going into merciless.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
new race season starting in 8 days: https://www.pathofexile.com/seasons/index/season/Winterheart

I think this is the first race season everyone should do: 100 points gets you a Whispering Ice, one of the few items that literally makes its own build.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

Ultima66 posted:

A price check cause I don't know what ES gear is worth:

Also I found a Faminebind. Is it worth making a Retch to use on my ST character? Just using a high life/resists/some WED belt at the moment.

Almost an exalt based on this search: http://poe.trade/search/arahazubezuoku Probably more if you can craft something useful onto it still, but it doesn't look like it has space for more mods. Price it to move quick since it seems like there are literally 10x more ES gloves on SC compared to HC.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

theshim posted:

Man I just gave away a ton of poo poo and it was great.

I think I'll have to make a habit of this every league.

I got an andvarius, what else did you give away?

Vilgan posted:

How do people have enough extra maps they can afford to sell? I had someone give me like 8 T7s and despite pushing them to very high quantity % I only replace them like half the time. Usually I'll get a bunch of crap maps and maybe a single T6 or T7.

Over time you will go up map tiers. The way I do it is just alch the map, if I can run it, run it. No exceptions to that, sinking currency into rolling maps below T12 feels like losing a lot of money. Its nice if your build can handle all map mods, but if not, you can always try selling your unrunable maps on poe.trade for cheap, or trade them to goons who can run them in exchange for maps that you can run that they cannot.

I've run a ton of maps this league, and it doesn't feel like big map returns come from amazingly well rolled maps, but from just normal 50 quantity/25 rarity/0 pack size/0 quality maps. My first T12 came from a blue volcano map.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

So I just ripped my second highest level ever guy in HC. I was playing this guy's self-cast Bladefall build and really enjoying it but I'm not sure I can bring myself to reroll the same thing.

I have 30c liquid currency (probably 1-2ex if I converted all my other currency) and I'm looking for a HC build that's as tanky and op as possible and that ideally I can play with one button.

I'm thinking maybe some kind of totem thing or physical CoC Cyclone/EK/Bladefall.

Does anyone have a cool idea?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

funmanguy posted:

I got an andvarius, what else did you give away?
One guy got a 6s Voll's, one I gave like 100j, 20c and 20 chisels, one got an Empower that had just dropped, and one got six Sacrifice at Midnights, plus a few other things I had lying around. Was fun! :buddy:

You were still the big winner though, that thing rolled pretty well.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

Jack the Lad posted:

Does anyone have a cool idea?

What about "CI Leech Regen Tank Crit DoT Chaosstorm" ?

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Consuming Dark is probably out of my price range at the moment, unfortunately, unless I can convince one of my buddies to get it for me.

Have you played that build? It sounds pretty strong - how is it?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Jack the Lad posted:

Consuming Dark is probably out of my price range at the moment, unfortunately, unless I can convince one of my buddies to get it for me.

Have you played that build? It sounds pretty strong - how is it?

Consuming Dark + Infernal Mantle + literally any fire spell + poison/chaos synergies is ridiculously strong right now.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
warlords mark as the only leech, depending on a cwdt setup

I really dislike that, but then again poisonfire can do anything

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

new race season starting in 8 days: https://www.pathofexile.com/seasons/index/season/Winterheart

I think this is the first race season everyone should do: 100 points gets you a Whispering Ice, one of the few items that literally makes its own build.

Does winning a race item actually carry over to new leagues? I've wanted to get into racing but wasn't sure how the rewards worked exactly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Does winning a race item actually carry over to new leagues? I've wanted to get into racing but wasn't sure how the rewards worked exactly.

Yeah you get a "race tab" with your rewards in it that can be taken out in any league. You only get 1 item though so once you remove it you can't get another in standard or whatever.

e: Though theres a buffer window for when you can remove them in new leagues as to not flood the market or get unfair advantage.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

Yeah you a "race tab" with your rewards in it that can be taken out in any league. You only get 1 item though so once you remove it you can't get another in standard or whatever.

So it's like MTX then, you can only have one out at a time? If you, say, socket up your Whispering Ice, does it lose all that when you put it back in and take it out on someone else and make you redo the sockets and links?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Safari Disco Lion posted:

So it's like MTX then, you can only have one out at a time? If you, say, socket up your Whispering Ice, does it lose all that when you put it back in and take it out on someone else and make you redo the sockets and links?

You can't put it back you just get an item thats in some weird global tab. Once you remove it thats it.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Kild posted:

You can't put it back you just get an item thats in some weird global tab. Once you remove it thats it.

Aw, so once you use it in a league and that league ends and the character becomes standard, that's it? Well that's not nearly as enticing then, but it makes sense I guess so it doesn't completely flood all future markets with Whispering Ices.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaaQKBXEMSg

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Vilgan posted:

I read an interesting post on the forums that people are too concerned with self-sustaining map pools, and end up dumping too much currency into low maps. Basically, 2nding what funman said.

You can buy T8 maps for ~1c, and T9 for ~2. It's not the end of the world to just buy them from someone else, since your non-map drops from those maps will easily cover the cost. Any map drops you get are just a bonus.

That also means you shouldn't chisel until T12ish, while the common advice is to start chiseling at T9.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Is there a list of what earns you RP in the new league? (Or an old one to reference?) I've never really understood the race rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I just got destroyed in cruel HC by a talisman effect, some sort of bone spikes erupting from the ground. What the hell is that?

• Locked thread