Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Nein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

No spoiled rules yet though?

Safety Factor posted:

First Legion
All models with the Legiones Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule are Stubborn.

Tactical Acumen

Master Swordsmen

Ancient Technology

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

krursk posted:

Leaked Dark Angels legion rules.
Schismatic Indignation
All models with Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule gain +3 to WS when in assault with enemy models with the Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule.

Poignant determination
All units with the Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule may re-roll failed pinning tests when falling back.

Peritus Plumbum
All units with the Legion Astartes (Dark Angels) special rule may re-roll 1s when using Rotor Cannons.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

I kind of hope you found them already, but here you go just in case.

Thanks! I only found the one but seeing all of them is good. I'm absolutely going BAs now that I have a Calth set.

Wish we had rules previews aside from these legit DA ones though.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The only rule snippet we actually have comes from the last FAQ adding a DA upgrade for Praevians, who can upgrade his robbits to re-roll wounds vs MC/FMC, or something like that.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

The only rule snippet we actually have comes from the last FAQ adding a DA upgrade for Praevians, who can upgrade his robbits to re-roll wounds vs MC/FMC, or something like that.

I can't wait to see the Dark Angels get a 25 point power sword that insta-kills monstrous creatures on a 6+. Praetors only.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Mango Polo posted:

And that little nugget of a terrible unique rule and also the terrible relic compared to something like the Alpha legion version giving them bloody infiltrate really speaks volumes on how bad the Dark Angels rules/ROW will be.........No wonder Luther went heretic, he got a glimpse of the lack of thought/originality for 30k DAngles. I would happily eat my words though if they give DAngels multiple Wing ROWs and cheap or non hot plasma out the rear end!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Dark Angels? More like Dork Angles.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Safety Factor posted:

Dark Angels? More like Dork Angles.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello. I'm CasualSalmon. I have heard a lot about SA over the years but have never joined...until now.

My credentials? What are my credentials you say?!? I PERSONALLY know THREE of your members. Are they shining examples of what this thread strives to be? Sweet Fulgrim, I hope not...

I have photographic evidence of me these degenerates. Will provide nudes if you'd like.
-Hixson (more like Dick-son amirite?!?!)
-Stanyer (recently had to take out a second mortgage to supplement the lost income from smashing his wittle toys to bits when we got all angwy)
-BULBASAUR (he is ok... but that is just a Tier 1 poo poo name...)

Why did I make the plunge? Heard you had a good thread goin on for 30k and just thought I'd share my 30k Emperor's Children.

I don't know poo poo about the rules and have only played a few games. Will play more once I paint more of my army and drive down to see aforementioned fucks for beer and games.

I do however, love to paint. I'll make two follow up posts after with my progress thus far.

Ok see you all around.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

i think bulbasaurs name is fine but your the one who knows him in the real life so w/e

also hello

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Emperor's Children - Kakophoni

I really wanted to develop my own unique color scheme. I went with a muted purple, rich gold, pearly white pauldrons, dirty ragged tabbards.

the theme of my army is catching the Children right as they are slipping into chaos. I wanted the gilded opulence of the Children, but with signs of corruption starting to show.

I have created a few longer write ups on some of the colors, processes and effects that I can provide if interested. Didn't want to make too dense of a post.

Group shot. Been playing around in GIMP which was recommended to me by hixson. Trying to reduce the yellowish hue that my Samsung camera phone picks up. Pretty poo poo post-prod right now, but better than nothing.

All lined up.

Showing off those pearly whites.

Happy to answer any questions. Thanks for viewing/reading.

Cheers

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Have any of you touched your dick to the others' models while they weren't looking?

While they were looking?

Also those EC are sweet.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:shittypop:

CasualSalmon posted:

I do however, love to paint.

You sure do. That's pretty impressive!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Please provide the nudes

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CasualSalmon over saturation...also hola T.G. Xarbala!

Emperor's Children - Phoenix Guard.

These were a gift from hixson. They came in bits and were a super huge pain in the rear end to assemble. That being said I think they came out pretty good. Stuck with the same color scheme.

Thanks buddy!

Group Shot

Front and Back

Side & top view

My "problem child". Anything that could have gone wrong went wrong with this guy. There are 4 pins in his halberd alone as well as a variety of other mishaps. I am pleased that he looks the way he does after how much trouble he gave me and patches I had to make

I feel like this guys needs lore. He does NOT like being shot at.

Phoenix Guard + Kakophoni

A year in painting - I started painting a year ago when Stanyer bought me a pack of Grey Knights. A year later I think I have made some solid improvements. Hoping to keep this trend up, I have a lot of ideas rattling around in my head.

That's all for now! I have 10 tac marines with the Children's upgraded shoulders included all pinned and ready to go. For this round I will be using an airbrush for the base layers and will give zenith priming a shot. Stay tuned.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pyrolocutus posted:

Have any of you touched your dick to the others' models while they weren't looking?

While they were looking?

Also those EC are sweet.

Much dick touching was had. Really...can you event paint without constantly performing dick touches? I know i sure cant...

Thanks mannnn

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Please provide the nudes

*sigh* no nudes. but would you like to like to see what these punks actually look like?

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

loving :effort: post. Nerd.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hixson posted:

loving :effort: post. Nerd.

I'll gently caress you up.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's a lovely shot of my next project.

So far I have received threatening texts from both hixson and stanyer...

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Those are some farken noice minis, m8

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That's some good poo poo right there

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Mods, please ban Hixson and Panascope each time CasualSalmon gets probated. Thanks in advance.

Killer_Bees! posted:

No wonder Luther stayed loyalist

Fixed for historical accuracy

CasualSalmon posted:

Hello. I'm CasualSalmon. I'm massively heterosexual IRL, but I also love 30k and painting giant muscular dudes who reproduce by extracting gene seed from other buff muscular dudes and are also not gay

First off, welcome to the forum. Please god read the rules and don't sign your posts. Eventually you'll become a poo poo poster extraordinaire, but for now TG (traditional games) is a pretty safe place to start out. You'll want to lurk a while before you go other places. Normally I wouldn't write this, but since I know you IRL and just moved to Seattle this is my way of saying 'sup lets get beer and talk about piles of space marines fighting long hard battles sometime soon.'

Next up, check out the painting thread. Lots of good resources there along with some top notch motherfuckers who would be happy to give pointers. Feel free to cross post your stuff there, here, and the 40k thread- http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705692&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Last, Hixson has been showing me your stuff for a while and its really good poo poo dude. I really like the pale color you went with and that white is nice and smooth. For somebody who has been painting for a year its really solid stuff. This is a stupidly expensive hobby already, but you might want to consider a better camera setup. I've seen some of your other shots and I can say for sure these aren't doing your models the justice they deserve. I have a dumb blog about my own space barbies and the difference between using a decent setup and a budget one was pretty dang significant-

More of my dumb stuff here:
http://www.powerfisted.com/

CasualSalmon posted:

*sigh* no nudes. but would you like to like to see what these punks actually look like?

Don't do this either

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

CasualSalmon posted:

Rad pics of rad Emp Kids

I feel like whatever instagram filter you're using on this shots are taking away the luster and glory of the pristine whites and purples on these dudes.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yo. OK!!!! NO MORE SIGNING MY POSTS
-CasualSalmon 2016

I'm kind of a renegade, bad-rear end type so i'm not much into rules.
-CasualSalmon 2016

Dude lets definitely go get beer and poo poo. Welcome to the neighborhood. I'd ask specifically where you moved but might be TMI for this thread...

Look dude if I want to post nudes of you im posting. Next time be more selective who you snapchat pics of your eastern European crotch to...

Seriously - I am SO disappointed with my post-processing of my photos. The Samsung is not doin it justice. I might consider getting a DSLR, but I really only take pictures of my Children and my cat. Any suggestions on a "budget" setup?
-CasualSalmon 2016.

Just read your Zenithal Painting tutorial actually just recently. I googled it and it's like the 3rd post down, pretty funny stuff. Have checked out your blog before. I hate the front page format but your Iron Warriors are seriously next level. Also...those treads...so sexy.

Not sure how much I am going to be participating on other threads - definitely interested in the painting thread but that's about it.

Anywho...lets kick it irl.

-CasualSalmon 2016

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndyElusive posted:

I feel like whatever instagram filter you're using on this shots are taking away the luster and glory of the pristine whites and purples on these dudes.

Ya man, this is sore point for me. I spend so much time on my minis and then when I take pictures of them they look like poo poo. I don't know much about post-processing and received like a 2 sentence tutorial on GIMP from hixson.

Here is an example of pre-post:

I wish I had more space to setup my light box more effectively. I wish I had a camera that would actually take a decent photo. I wish I had more experience adjusting the levels and color to represent what they look like irl.

All a work in progress m8. Trying to get better in all aspects of modeling/painting/playing

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

CasualSalmon posted:

Ya man, this is sore point for me. I spend so much time on my minis and then when I take pictures of them they look like poo poo. I don't know much about post-processing and received like a 2 sentence tutorial on GIMP from hixson.

Here is an example of pre-post:

I wish I had more space to setup my light box more effectively. I wish I had a camera that would actually take a decent photo. I wish I had more experience adjusting the levels and color to represent what they look like irl.

All a work in progress m8. Trying to get better in all aspects of modeling/painting/playing

Download gimp, click Colors->White Balance, click the white dropper, click on the part of the image that is whitest in real life (in this case I did it on the brightest part of the shoulder pad). Save.

Here's the result:

Works best if you have something pure white as a reference point. e.g. This image I did the other day isn't great due to not having my old light setup, but it still looks closer to the real thing after the white balance fix:

Left hand one is original, Right is the "fixed" image

richyp fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 21, 2016

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
How are people equipping their Cataphractii Terminators? Bolters + fists + chain fist for flavor? Claws?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Combi weapons and fists, never forget you can go all in on the combi.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Squifferific posted:

How are people equipping their Cataphractii Terminators? Bolters + fists + chain fist for flavor? Claws?

Without combi weapons they feel really lovely in the shooting phase, but when you have one round of nasty plasma or melta shots the unit feels more threatening. I am really struggling to use termies in my Night Lords army effectively, they get drowned in bolter or plasma fire way to often, maybe an assault ram would help...............

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Single power claws are extremely good for Sons of Horus terminators to give them the Merciless Fighters bonus.

CasualSalmon
Jan 21, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hey thanks man, almost exactly what I did. I should probably fiddle with it more.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So with the new Faq, anyone can take Tartarus armour now correct? It's just an additional option to switch to along with Cat' for a vanilla Legion Terminator squad.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Deptfordx posted:

So with the new Faq, anyone can take Tartarus armour now correct? It's just an additional option to switch to along with Cat' for a vanilla Legion Terminator squad.

Anyone not specificaly noted to wear a certain pattern of terminator armor on their codex entry - Iron hands Gorgon Terminators, example, wear their own unit-specific mark of armor so they're not allowed to trade it out. Vanilla legion terminators, Praetors and the like can pick freely.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

richyp posted:

Download gimp, click Colors->White Balance, click the white dropper, click on the part of the image that is whitest in real life (in this case I did it on the brightest part of the shoulder pad). Save.

Here's the result:

Works best if you have something pure white as a reference point. e.g. This image I did the other day isn't great due to not having my old light setup, but it still looks closer to the real thing after the white balance fix:

Left hand one is original, Right is the "fixed" image

or just install picasa, and push "i'm feeling lucky" then save. That's my workflow whenever i do warham pics. even when i've taken them on my phone.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Oh hey, FW legion armors have been re-released with a missing hand to fit the BAC stuff. Probably not much of a point to resin Mk4 now, but it's nice that everything's compatible.

And I think starting next week we'll be getting Weekender previews? Some good poo poo should be coming from that.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can't decide if I should sell my LACAL book or not. If they release an updated one mine will turn into a paperweight, but :effort: Already flipped my Isstavan legion book so I'm good there.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
y'all are hard up if you're stressing about making 75 dollars on a book that might maybe not be useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
I mean poo poo, they PDF'd the legion castellax in their FAQ so it's the same as the Admech red book, if anything gets changed I think they would put it out.
Also, fun fact: the ordinatus cannot be legally deployed straight on in dawn of war, it's 13.5" long.