Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Out of all the things showing Bundy is completely out of his depth, him trying to tell the FBI they haven't done anything with the computers is the most telling.

1) don't even try to tell me these dipshits aren't spending half their day reading internet news stories about themselves

2) they apparently think the FBI doesn't do this.

I mean I'm skeptical of what the feds really are doing but if they really didn't catch Fry doing his thing then I say gently caress it, sign me up Bundymerica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

As a Millennial I posted:

This guy's feed has the most detail, but none of it will surprise you if you've been paying attention. Ammond kindly let the FBI know that the locals love him and he won't be leaving his peaceful protest until the Hammonds are free and the federal lands are returned to We The People. And if anybody gets violent, it's the FBI's fault.

Oh man how pissed are the Native Americans going to be when the only treaty the us government ever keeps for this land is with a bunch of white fascists?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Log082 posted:

Only for $10,000 or more.

Joke. Funny. Good.

Glad I caught up on this thread to find out exactly how much expertise goons have about rat poo poo.

Less glad that it seems like being an FBI agent seems like the easiest job in the god damned world.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah but if you want the big bucks for doing nothing and having nerds on the internet write epic screeds about how much you may possibly be doing you have to kickstart a spaceship game.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Disneyland instead of world?? They really have set their standards low.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Yeah, LDS stands for Latter-Day Saints, aka the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, which is the actual name of the Mormon church. Splinter groups usually take off of that.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Are mormons allowed to make bets???

We are really heavily discouraged from it, although it's somewhat akin to drinking alcohol or coffee, etc. in that it's not something like 'ohnoes you will go to hell' if you do. Which is pretty funny for someone professing to be so devout, I want to point out, but then, you know, the Mormon church also says you shouldn't steal things either, so it's not like he's doing all that well on that front in the first place.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Maybe if we start referring to them as Mormon extremists bent on martyrdom, someone would do something.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Are mormons allowed to make bets???
No, and it's why we don't have a goddamned lottery here even though we spend less per pupil than loving Mississippi :argh:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Someone's going to need to explain that 10k joke to me.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Discendo Vox posted:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/mormons-gambling-jon-huntsman-accepts-mitt-romneys-10000-bet-in-new-video/

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTpgTKAL_4k

Mitt Romney casually makes a $10,000 bet to Rick Perry to show how in touch he is with the average American.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Oh, right,thanks. That reminds me, someone should completely inappropriately ask Mitt Romney whether he agrees with the militia, since he shares the same religion and all :v:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Thought Pete wasn't streaming anymore? Apparently the Ammon/FBI meeting was all streamed live while we were talking about rat turds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_jK0IKYpp8

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Here's an actual defense (kinda) of one aspect of the militant occupiers, whom I hate. Pete Santilli appears to be full on scizophrenic and several levels of crazy further than the militant occupiers, whom I hate, so it is worth distinguishing (or continuing to distinguish, for those already doing so) his egotistical, free-range paranoiac ranting from their egotistical, slightly more focused, on-message delusional speechifying.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Discendo Vox posted:

Here's an actual defense (kinda) of one aspect of the militant occupiers, whom I hate. Pete Santilli appears to be full on scizophrenic and several levels of crazy further than the militant occupiers, whom I hate, so it is worth distinguishing (or continuing to distinguish, for those already doing so) his egotistical, free-range paranoiac ranting from their egotistical, slightly more focused, on-message delusional speechifying.

And how much of that credit is spent when you remember they're giving Pete the biggest audience he'll ever have, guarenteeing at least a few converts to his message?

Or how they encourage this whirling pastiche of conspiracy rage to directly report his even more insane and inflammatory version of events directly to the people who need it least?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh, right,thanks. That reminds me, someone should completely inappropriately ask Mitt Romney whether he agrees with the militia, since he shares the same religion and all :v:

I support this motion.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And how much of that credit is spent when you remember they're giving Pete the biggest audience he'll ever have, guarenteeing at least a few converts to his message?

Or how they encourage this whirling pastiche of conspiracy rage to directly report his even more insane and inflammatory version of events directly to the people who need it least?

It's assholes all the way down. I don't understand why anybody would try to sugar-coat that.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Lol at anyone buying the militia concern trolling about Paiute artifacts. If they were born 150 years ago they'd be the ones killing natives and demanding the gov't throw them into reservations.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

BadOptics posted:

Lol at anyone buying the militia concern trolling about Paiute artifacts. If they were born 150 years ago they'd be the ones killing natives and demanding the gov't throw them into reservations.

In a "who gives less of a poo poo about native Americans" contest, right wing militiamen v the federal government is an elite matchup between legendary competitors.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
FBI and CIA went through a phase where they were hiring a lot of Mormons; it's actually a pretty good bet.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Best Friends posted:

In a "who gives less of a poo poo about native Americans" contest, right wing militiamen v the federal government is an elite matchup between legendary competitors.

While historically true, BLM / USFWS / NPS are quite friendly to Native Americans these days. They do as much or more than anyone else to preserve cultural sites, protect subsistence resources, etc.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I feel like there's a great documentary happening in Burns and it isn't being filmed. Can someone donate them a live stream crew?

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Internet Webguy posted:

Less glad that it seems like being an FBI agent seems like the easiest job in the god damned world.

It's like Kruger Industrial Smoothing

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
So I read about this road being bulldozed, Indian archaeological sites being potentially deserved, god drat I wish these idiots would be arrested already and judging by the crazy youtube video I watched a while ago they enjoy little/none at all local support and just a small web of hard cranks

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Knight posted:

And if you were following the facebook of people like Blaine Cooper (before he hid his FB page), you can see where they go from saying "The locals informed us of the cameras and said they weren't there before" at first to "We, personally, saw the feds putting this cameras up to spy on us yesterday" when people start to question them. The past is just a story we tell ourselves to get us where we're going, right?

Given the penchant for them telling the truth to this point, I'ma call bullshit on those claims

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

vseslav.botkin posted:

FBI and CIA went through a phase where they were hiring a lot of Mormons; it's actually a pretty good bet.

I'm pretty sure they still do; plenty of mormon men fit that "fine upstanding citizen" from the 60s mold pretty hard

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MariusLecter posted:

They're going to take the artifacts and sell them on ebay or tie them onto wrist bands/necklaces cause they're 1/64th cherokee or some poo poo.

What's the going price on an arrowhead encrusted dildo? I mean "flared base peace stick"

BaurusJA
Nov 13, 2015

It's cruel...it's playful... I like it

Anchor Wanker posted:

Maybe the feds want an elite liberal militia to come crush these guys so they don't have to play the role of big bad government?

Black Panther Django: The Left Returns

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Oh but hey now that we know dialing up ancient continental relatives' current kin and asking how we should handle poo poo is one of the legal pillars of Bundyism maybe we can have the FBI call Germany for advice on how to handle uppity racists with guns who yearn for simpler times.

The answer likely involves rockets. Similar to my last answer on this topic, let me be honest, I'm way more salty about this than I should be, but I'd be game to watch them get Drobama Strik'd right now.

BaurusJA fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jan 22, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

If only Occupy had known that all they had to do was threaten armed insurrection against lawful authority.

Yes, because Occupy wasn't left alone long enough to collapse in on itself.

This whole poo poo show has been just that, a bunch of man babies throwing a tantrum

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 22, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

lancemantis posted:

I'm pretty sure they still do; plenty of mormon men fit that "fine upstanding citizen" from the 60s mold pretty hard

They probably hire a lot of Catholics too? :shrug: But yeah, it doesn't surprise me.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

echronorian posted:

I feel like there's a great documentary happening in Burns and it isn't being filmed. Can someone donate them a live stream crew?

Check out this guy who hasn't heard of Pete Santilli :newlol:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

As a Millennial I posted:

Check out this guy who hasn't heard of Pete Santilli :newlol:

That is extreeeemely boring

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I've heard that Vice, of course, is filming something there. This guy's channel also has some very depressing interviews with randos behind the scenes. There's also the propaganda videos on the facebook pages for Bundy Ranch, Blaine Cooper, and Lavoy Finicum, and our favorite edgy internet teen.

Speaking of which, I knew that was him in the background of the rat poop video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnR7SyyF7To

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Why wouldn't Mormons populate the FBI? They already know how to 1) closely resemble one another and 2) iron a shirt.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Hey, guess what, they're digging up poo poo again.

https://twitter.com/bugfeedr/status/690336541093195777

Nothing like desecrating ancient graveyards. This is probably that 'our culture is more important' thing at work.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Oh no they're digging in?

If only the governor hadn't admitted she wanted them to leave :ohdear:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

SedanChair posted:

Oh no they're digging in?

If only the governor hadn't admitted she wanted them to leave :ohdear:

it was irresponsible for her to give in to their wants. they were just about to go home and her paying attention to them revitalized their crime breaking. now they'll be there for years and it's all her fault

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Why wouldn't Mormons populate the FBI? They already know how to 1) closely resemble one another and 2) iron a shirt.

That, and a lot of them have spent time overseas learning foreign languages.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Not only that but they often bring those languages back home to non mormons too! Hasa diga eebowai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

TheMadMilkman posted:

That, and a lot of them have spent time overseas learning foreign languages.

Random tangent: my dad served a mission in Finland, so my siblings and I grew up knowing a fair scattering of Finnish words, and he would often sing us some folk song from over there (I couldn't even begin to recall the words now, but the tune is pretty lodged in my brain). My middle name also has a Finnish spelling. I've forgotten most of them by now, and so has he, for other reasons, but it was a thing growing up, especially early childhood. :unsmith:

Content!

I'm not sure whether or not this has been posted yet (I don't remember seeing it), but it seems relevant given yesterday's activity http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jan/16/oregon-militias-behavior-increasingly-brazen-as-public-property-destroyed

quote:

Asked about the tribe’s concerns, Finicum said Native Americans should be working with the militia.

“We’re here for the natives,” he said. “The federal government has been their biggest oppressor.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2016/01/21/3741450/native-american-artifacts-oregon-standoff/

quote:

Members of the tribe have repeatedly slammed the militia, telling the ranchers to “get the hell out.”

“We as Harney County people can stand on our own feet,” Jarvis Kennedy of the Burns Paiute Tribal council said at a press conference earlier this month. “We don’t need some clown to come in here and stand up for us.”

And here's another story detailing the people that (inadvertently) sparked this whole thing off. Really lovely guys. http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/oregon-ranchers-who-sparked-standoff-threatened-to-wrap-officials-son-in-barbed-wire-and-drown-him/

quote:

Leading up to the 1994 incident were the death threats. Cameron says, “My wife would take these phone calls, it was terribly vulgar language. They said they were going to wrap my son in barbed wire and throw him down a well. They said they knew exactly which rooms my kids slept in, in Burns. There were death threats to my wife and two other staff members and their wives. My family went to Bend rather than be in the community because it was so volatile at the time. The families of my biologist and my deputy manager family had to relocate as well for a short time.”

“At the refuge headquarters, one of the Hammonds said they would tear my head off and poo poo down the hole. One of the Hammonds told my Deputy Manager, Dan Walsworth, they were going to ‘put a chain around his neck and drag him behind a pickup.’” Cameron says it became practice “never to meet with the Hammonds alone and usually to have a law enforcement officer present.”

Edit: One more, sorry. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/leader-of-armed-takeover-at-oregon-refuge-meets-with-fbi/

quote:

Meanwhile, the 16 federal employees who worked at the refuge have vacated not only their offices but also their homes. Out of concern for safety, they pulled children out of school as they temporarily moved elsewhere in the Northwest.

“Before staff left the community, most were working from home, and across the board, staff were certainly seeing militia members outside their homes using intimidation tactics,” said a refuge official with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “Families were approached at the local Safeway and were followed in vehicles. Those types of things did take place.”

Sixteen people and their families forced to leave the area. But remember, they're not hurting anyone.

kartikeya fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 22, 2016

• Locked thread