Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Lungboy posted:

I just got destroyed in cruel HC by a talisman effect, some sort of bone spikes erupting from the ground. What the hell is that?

We're this far in and that's the first time you've noticed a bonespire talisman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Bonespire talismans apply a stacking DoT effect, kind of like Corrupted Blood except you can't flask it away AFAIK.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Magus42 posted:

Is there a list of what earns you RP in the new league? (Or an old one to reference?) I've never really understood the race rewards.

Once they have the actual races on the schedule they will all have what level earns you what points.

Basically you get a certain amount of points for reaching certain level ranges. Once you get enough points to get the race rewards they get added to your stash in a remove only tab which you can take the item out of the tab and then use. This does not take away any points that you earned. And for most races they give out random rewards prizes which function the exact same way.

e - you can leave the remove only tabs in your stash for as long as you like, and then after 1 month they will become available in the new leagues. Really thinking of doing that with the Whispering Ice as that should be a great looking 3d model.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 21, 2016

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Lungboy posted:

I just got destroyed in cruel HC by a talisman effect, some sort of bone spikes erupting from the ground. What the hell is that?

Bonespire talismans are the work of the devil.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

theshim posted:

One guy got a 6s Voll's, one I gave like 100j, 20c and 20 chisels, one got an Empower that had just dropped, and one got six Sacrifice at Midnights, plus a few other things I had lying around. Was fun! :buddy:

You were still the big winner though, that thing rolled pretty well.

Downside of moving to standard like some kind of pleb. All the season end giveaways happen before people hit standard...

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Gibbo posted:

We're this far in and that's the first time you've noticed a bonespire talisman?

I have a small baby to deal with, I only get to play for 30 mins here and there. I think I'd seen one before but killed it easily. This was on one of the unique towels in Solaris so took a lot more killing. I'm also ground slam so the effect isn't too obvious.

theshim posted:

Bonespire talismans apply a stacking DoT effect, kind of like Corrupted Blood except you can't flask it away AFAIK.

I couldn't heal through them either, it's a very nasty dot.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Magus42 posted:

Is there a list of what earns you RP in the new league? (Or an old one to reference?) I've never really understood the race rewards.

every race gets its own thred here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/leagues-and-race-events

if look inside one race you see stuff depending on what kind of race it is like:

The overall top player by experience will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by experience will receive:

#1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
#2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
#3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
#4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
#5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
#6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
#11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels:

Level 24: 10 Reward Points.
Level 20-23: 8 Reward Points.
Level 16-19: 7 Reward Points.
Level 12-15: 6 Reward Points.
Level 9-11: 4 Reward Points.
Level 6-8: 2 Reward Points.
Level 4-5: 1 Reward Point.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:

Alternate Art The Princess Unique Item (15 available to be won)
Alternate Art Eclipse Staff Item (25 available to be won)
Alternate Art Crest of Perandus Unique Item (30 available to be won)
Alternate Art Lavianga's Spirit Unique Item (10 available to be won)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

How does racing work, anyway?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

dis astranagant posted:

How does racing work, anyway?

You try to play quickly and realize you're terrible at it, so you either give up forever or go full tism and devote all your playtime to learning to go fast

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Gibbo posted:

You try to play quickly and realize you're terrible at it, so you either give up forever or go full tism and devote all your playtime to learning to go fast

I choose option 1 :(

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Fuuuuuuuck. I'm gonna have to do the races this time cause I want a whispering ice.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Most races, in my experience, it's fairly easy to hit a mid-level point tier. Like the 6 point tier in that above example. 20 races that you do decent in should be enough to get a Whispering Ice.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Eh, if you like races then do them, but if you don't like them, don't do them just to get a certain item unless you're specifically after sweet alternate art. If you spent the same amount of time just farming currency you could almost certainly buy the item outright and have currency leftover. For example, whispering ice can be had for under 10chaos on talisman SC right now.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Fuuuuuuuck. I'm gonna have to do the races this time cause I want a whispering ice.

Whispering ice have become weirdly cheap, there are some for sale in talisman as cheap as 4c right now. I assume they're low ilvl, but still.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

How does it work?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Man, back when ZiggyD was playing it on stream those things were going for 8ex. I guess it's a combination of it not being a big streamer/youtuber build and Bladefall being a "better" Whispering Ice.

edit: I bought one for 5c and it's ilvl 78. Might've been a fluke?

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 22, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Yeah I'd guess the sub 10c ones are all probably super low ilevel which makes the item a bit garbage.

edit: the real draw for me is the super cheap potential 7-link since all sockets attach to the icestorm skill it provides without requiring a link.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah I'd guess the sub 10c ones are all probably super low ilevel which makes the item a bit garbage.

edit: the real draw for me is the super cheap potential 7-link since all sockets attach to the icestorm skill it provides without requiring a link.

Vorici can fix them for 350 jewelers, which is still pretty drat cheap. Total price is still below 50c.

Edit: I accidentally typed fusings instead of jewelers.

Katasi fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 22, 2016

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you just want a particular unique then don't race for it but the value of the alternate art will add a good premium so it's not like you're spending all the time racing for and item only worth 10c.

Likewise the prices of useful and nice looking alternate arts goes up over time for obvious reasons, so if you want to get them while they're cheap it is a good opportunity for making currency in the future I guess.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Katasi posted:

Vorici can fix them for 350 fusings, which is still pretty drat cheap. Total price is still below 50c.

You only need jewellers.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kild posted:

You only need jewellers.

This is obviously jewelers, as 350 fusings for under 50 chaos is... ridiculously ambitious.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005

Kild posted:

You only need jewellers.

Yeah, I mistyped. Fixed.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

gatdamn

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So i picked up an Item level 51 two stone ring, used an alch orb on it and goes +16% fire and cold with +20% fire, +26% lightning and +19% cold resist. I want to use my level 5 elron for life which isn't that great but want to know if i can "exchange" or "remove" the crafted mod later without affecting the resist?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So i picked up an Item level 51 two stone ring, used an alch orb on it and goes +16% fire and cold with +20% fire, +26% lightning and +19% cold resist. I want to use my level 5 elron for life which isn't that great but want to know if i can "exchange" or "remove" the crafted mod later without affecting the resist?

Sweet alch. You can, you just need to get Elreon up to level 7 or ask someone else to do it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1571660/page/1

quote:

The Winterheart Race Season introduces new modes such as:

Races that start in Act 2 and Act 3. These races use pre-made characters with unallocated passive trees. In the future, this same tech can be expanded to create variations of this idea, including starting in later difficulties or in the Eternal Lab.
No-Portal Party Races.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Embezzlers are great. Whiffed embezzlers with no rates nearby are a disappointment.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Should I take the sheer volume of Rigwald's Curses on poe.trade as a sign that they're basically unsellable despite the scores of chaos people seem to want for them? Not sure if I should press my luck trying to roll a t3 unique or not.

Phobophilia posted:

Embezzlers are great. Whiffed embezzlers with no rates nearby are a disappointment.

Not an embezzler. A box. With +8 and +40something% quantity.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Post your best box:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

What's the deal with not identifying unique two-stone rings? I've seen people freak out about it in chat but there's tons of them on .trade for a handful of chaos. What am I missing?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So i picked up an Item level 51 two stone ring, used an alch orb on it

just wanted to say this is :shobon: as gently caress

never throw that ring away, it's probably bis for leveling literally anything

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And I just ripped @ 82 to a lockbox in a zana mission. Bunch of devourers spawned right on top of me and I hit my flasks, but it was too late. I would have a screen shot but I already closed the client. Bladefall is cool and good, but I guess I need to get my icecrasher up to maps now.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
My best box gave me a 6L steelwood bow

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

What's the deal with not identifying unique two-stone rings? I've seen people freak out about it in chat but there's tons of them on .trade for a handful of chaos. What am I missing?

Getting trolled maybe? Not sure.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

ID Rigwald's items challenge?

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Call of the Brotherhood is one of the objectives for ID treasures. The rest I doubt it matters much. Rigwald's ring ought to be super common.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i saw a cool build that used a "take damage when minions die" unique with cwdt linked to extremely short duration skeletons to automatically trigger itself and also linked to a bunch of spells and poo poo so it was a passive autocaster until the guy eventually died

sadly it requires a bunch of expensive stuff so i cant run that in a new league but i really want to.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
That was someone in this thread. A couple pages back.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RosaParksOfDip posted:

That was someone in this thread. A couple pages back.

it was also a build of the week (which kinda worked in low level maps)

J
Jun 10, 2001

Safari Disco Lion posted:

ID Rigwald's items challenge?

On that note - if you find any of the items on the "ID these items" challenges, check the price BEFORE you identify it. Odds are the price is way higher unidentified. Many of them are worth multiple exalts at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I just ripped to puncture. I forgot the Canyon boss could do that since I'd run him like 5 times and Rumi's was clearly blocking it all the previous times. I forgot to get good.

RIP 5link Shav's. I'll miss you http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=605939632

• Locked thread