Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Do you think it's possible Bege has Observation Haki? It seems like he noticed Nekomamushi even though he was inside of his body.

That's what I thought too. Even though Capone might be able to perceive inside and outside simultaneously, last chapter made it seem like Capone's outer body is basically deactive while he focuses inside.

It's... Kind of a mindfuck really, if you think about it. :v:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

LightReaper posted:

Loves food, was hunted but specifically told to keep alive, yeah I could see this

Now I want to see this happen because I want to know how Sanji feels about an attractive lady that crams junk food down her throat almost non-stop.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I have a morbid fascination with how it came to be that Kaidou crushed Moriah's hopes and dreams. The Yonkou seem to be the ultimate dead end that have crushed, ended, or diverted the careers of many aspiring pirates like Ace, Crocodile, Moriah, etc. I genuinely believe that the first time we get our first real head to head between the Straw Hats and one of the Yonkou (I'm betting Kaidou, he seems pretty sadistic in annihilating his opponents utterly) directly will be the New World parallel with Water 7 as the Straw Hats are thrown into despair as their faiths are tested against adversity.

Also, guesses on when Elbaf will happen? I'm betting it will happen close to the time the Straw Hats finally meet up with Shanks and his crew (so after Wano and Kaidou I'd say) so Ussop can realize his dream of becoming a brave warrior of the seas and rise to his dad's level when they have their dramatic reunion. It'll be really interesting if Ussop grills his dad on leaving him and his mom behind or if he'll be at peace with his dad's decision to leave for his own pirate adventures (it'll probably be the latter).

E: Ussop will probably learn how to apply Color of Armaments on his "bullets" similar to the Kuja on Amazon Lilly by the end of Elbaf. When he gets to his inevitable sniper duel with Van Augur, they'll probably do some ridiculous sniping feats like shooting at each other from separate islands across the ocean. Van Augur likely knows how to use Color of Observation, which would be interesting to see two CoO users pitted against each other in a sniper duel.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 22, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Bonney also has the family hair-color and lipstick style.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DizzyBum posted:

Now I want to see this happen because I want to know how Sanji feels about an attractive lady that crams junk food down her throat almost non-stop.

An attractive lady who can never grow old and never gets fat no matter how much she eats but crams junk food down her throat almost non-stop at that. She's basically his perfect woman. I went reading her article on the wikia and it mentions that she has got really angry at Luffy and by extension all the Strawhats for acting to bring an Admiral to Sabaody though, so she may not be best pleased to see Sanji. On the other hand, she was happy to see the Strawhat/Law alliance defeat Doflamingo and apparently has even more of a grudge against Blackbeard for killing Whitebeard, so even if she's angry at him now - there's a path to calming it already available should Oda want to do anything more with Bonney and Sanji.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

tsob posted:

An attractive lady who can never grow old and never gets fat no matter how much she eats but crams junk food down her throat almost non-stop at that. She's basically his perfect woman. I went reading her article on the wikia and it mentions that she has got really angry at Luffy and by extension all the Strawhats for acting to bring an Admiral to Sabaody though, so she may not be best pleased to see Sanji. On the other hand, she was happy to see the Strawhat/Law alliance defeat Doflamingo and apparently has even more of a grudge against Blackbeard for killing Whitebeard, so even if she's angry at him now - there's a path to calming it already available should Oda want to do anything more with Bonney and Sanji.

I wouldn't call her perfect per se, but the is potential there. She would have to work on her taste in food because, as much as Sanji loves cooking, he probably wouldn't necessarily want to cook the stuff she tends to eat.

Now that we have an idea of who could be Big Mom's kids, I'm interested in seeing what the rest of her kids are like.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
So if Bonney really is a daughter of Big Mom, and the Vinsmoke family is a big deal and has ties to the World Government - could there be some kind of quasi-alliance going on between Big Mom and the World Government? It might explain that scene we got with Akainu and Bonney before the timeskip.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

So if Bonney really is a daughter of Big Mom, and the Vinsmoke family is a big deal and has ties to the World Government - could there be some kind of quasi-alliance going on between Big Mom and the World Government? It might explain that scene we got with Akainu and Bonney before the timeskip.

That seemingly pointless scene with bonny and Akainu is becoming a textbook "Chekhov's Gun" situation.

Speculation: Big Mom, still mad at Luffy for destroying her candy factory, has arranged a deal with the navy and is luring Luffy into a trap so Akainu can kill him. I'm betting Akainu may hold a particularly harsh view of Luffy considering the kid is son of Dragon, brother to Ace, and now one of the most well known and disruptive pirates in the world.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

The Yonkou are basically the equivalent of the World Government in the New World and do a lot to organize power structures and politics there. Just, instead of organized government, it's centralized warlord-ism with shifting feudal territories and spheres of influence.

I'm sure Akainu and the others don't enjoy making deals with pirates, but like with Shanks at Marineford, they more or less don't have a choice but to comply. In terms of sheer raw power and influence, the Yonkou are on a level above even the World Government and the Marines/Admirals. I'd imagine becoming the next Pirate King is on a level even above the Yonkou and - considering the Yonkou are in a power balance against the WG/Marines already - would be tantamount to overthrowing the world order entirely.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Crazyeyes posted:

Speculation: Big Mom, still mad at Luffy for destroying her candy factory, has arranged a deal with the navy and is luring Luffy into a trap so Akainu can kill him. I'm betting Akainu may hold a particularly harsh view of Luffy considering the kid is son of Dragon, brother to Ace, and now one of the most well known and disruptive pirates in the world.

I want to say I doubt it mostly because Bonney was caught by Akainu at the end of the arc before Fishman Island, not after it, so it seems like it'd be Big Mam/Mom/Mum setting things up too early - but she may have just capitalized on opportunity and have had a deal with the Marines to have her daughters treated specially before that point. I'd also like to say I doubt it because Akainu is even less of a fan of pirates than most any other Marine and I don't see him working with them willingly. He's also after tasking Fujitora specifically with taking the heads of the Strawhats following Dressrosa which seems a little pointless if he already has a plan in motion to fight them himself.

I mostly doubt it simply because it's far too early for the Strawhats to face off against Akainu. Even if you don't buy in to the idea he's the final boss as the face of the Marines and World Government, having him fought in the next arc or so is still way too early to be facing the head of the Marines. There might be a marine presence there without Akainu, but I dunno, I still doubt it given Bonney's capture was before Fishman Island though.

Mostly I doubt it simply because I don't want it to be true though if I'm honest.

That said, I was reading chapter 793 earlier to check Bonney's reaction to the news that the Strawhat/Law alliance had defeated Doflamingo and it happens to also contain the argument between Akainu and the Gorosei. Can anyone check a better scan of it than the lovely mangapanda one I found online to confirm what Akainu says, because in that scan he says that if anything like the fake news of Doflamingo's resignation were to happen again he as Admiral wouldn't be used anymore, which heavily implies an impending conflict between him and the Gorosei, the World Government or the World Nobles. One seems pretty certain regardless, but I believe I've seen it worded differently and with less hostility on his part before so I'm just curious. He also implies that the use of CP0 in the case was really on the part of the World Nobles and that the Gorosei were really just their puppets there, which again, seems a lot more hostile than I recall.

tsob fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 22, 2016

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Crazyeyes posted:

That seemingly pointless scene with bonny and Akainu is becoming a textbook "Chekhov's Gun" situation.

For the record, Luffy didn't destroy the candy factory.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Pretty bitch move for the Dog Lady to tell Luffy that Sanji's dead over this

Also why did Whit's gun go splurt in his introduction

Well she is a lady dog, so the term 'bitch' seems appropriate!

Also the dog lady was talking about Brooke when referring to the dead crewmate, not Sanji :yohoho:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I've long been upset that this thread has been so down on Sanji. I'm glad everything is back in order.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I've long been upset that this thread has been so down on Sanji. I'm glad everything is back in order.

There was plenty of reason to be

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

DizzyBum posted:

Haha that would be absolutely amazing. A master chef and a total pig that can't stop eating. Sanji hates lovely manners, so it'd be hilarious if he actively didn't like her because of it.

Maybe the marriage can go through and/or she could join the crew as a woman who can actually fight. That'd be cool, she seems like she'd be really fun with her power and personality. We're about to get Jinbei back though with the Big Mom crap so w/e, Pudding will probably turn out to just be really fat and lovely

You know what though? It definitely feels like a loose end that Doflamingo never went after Bonney after the hard on he had for being immortal, it seems like her fruit could do the same thing. She's under some insanely high-level figure's protection. He's never shown himself to even remotely fear anyone in the WG, but he pissed himself at the thought of going against Kaido. That'd fit being a Yonkou's daughter.

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 23, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Thunderbro posted:

You know what though? It definitely feels like a loose end that Doflamingo never went after Bonney after the hard on he had for being immortal, it seems like her fruit could do the same thing. She's under some insanely high-level figure's protection. He's never shown himself to even remotely fear anyone in the WG, but he pissed himself at the thought of going against Kaido. That'd fit being a Yonkou's daughter.

Bonney could de-age him, but that would just extend his lifespan, not make him fully immortal.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

Bonney could de-age him, but that would just extend his lifespan, not make him fully immortal.

Unless the fruit doesn't actually make you live longer it means that both the user and basically everyone around them could be made immortal as long as the bearer goes along with things. Forever. Bonney's such a big deal that Akainu personally came out to retrieve her with his softest kid's gloves. She definitely seems to keep her power well under wraps or Blackbeard would have sniped it in an instant, but Doffy knows everything the WG does and more. She's a very much understated Ridiculously Big Deal and there's definitely something to it beyond having the government's protection because it's not like Doffy gave a gently caress about that. Anne Bonney is also pretty much the most famous female pirate to ever live.

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 23, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Thunderbro posted:

Unless the fruit doesn't actually make you live longer

We have no real reason to assume it does and as far as I know, that's all it is, an assumption. On the other hand, Law's fruit can grant immortality without the need to keep someone around to top you up every couple of decades, even if only to one person at the cost of the caster's life. So really, that was a better deal for Doffy, who only superficially gave a poo poo about anyone, his crew included. Though in saying that, I'm wondering again who was made immortal to find that out? I'm sure there was thread speculation about it before, but if there was any good theories I've forgotten them.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

tsob posted:

We have no real reason to assume it does and as far as I know, that's all it is, an assumption. On the other hand, Law's fruit can grant immortality without the need to keep someone around to top you up every couple of decades, even if only to one person at the cost of the caster's life. So really, that was a better deal for Doffy, who only superficially gave a poo poo about anyone, his crew included. Though in saying that, I'm wondering again who was made immortal to find that out? I'm sure there was thread speculation about it before, but if there was any good theories I've forgotten them.

Yeah, I just remembered too that the entire reason Doffy wanted actual immortality was to get at some kind of WG treasure that necessitates it. He didn't seem to care about actually living forever. I guess some kind of Energy Steroid++ that eats your life force? Guess resetting your age wouldn't be useful for that in particular, but it's pretty appealing to basically everyone else.

But hey,

quote:

When Tamago stated that the sweets-loving Big Mom was a female pirate, Sanji imagined her as an attractive redhead.[8]
Guess who's an attractive redhead?

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jan 23, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

tsob posted:

My theory was that Kaidou was made immortal that way.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Thunderbro posted:

Yeah, I just remembered too that the entire reason Doffy wanted actual immortality was to get at some kind of WG treasure that necessitates it.

More than I remembered. When was that mentioned?

Silver2195 posted:

My theory was that Kaidou was made immortal that way.

That's actually a really good guess, and definitely gives more impact to Law being part of the Strawhats when they go to take him on since he has the fruit that gave it in the first place, and so is presumably one of, if not the only way to remove it and let him die for realsies.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

tsob posted:

More than I remembered. When was that mentioned?

That's actually a really good guess, and definitely gives more impact to Law being part of the Strawhats when they go to take him on since he has the fruit that gave it in the first place, and so is presumably one of, if not the only way to remove it and let him die for realsies.

His motivations for wanting the Ope Ope Fruit are mentioned somewhere in the Rocinante flashback I think. Also that's a cool theory, but Luffy's not been out to kill anybody this entire series. I really don't think he's going to kill anyone by the end, even Akainu, though I guess that's not true for Law.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Luffy doesn't need to want to kill him because Kaidou himself appears to want to die, given all his attempts at suicide and all. Plus, if you made yourself immortal and have been alive for hundreds of years you have a high probability of getting tired or bored and wanting to die. Law may be killing him as an act of compassion rather than as the climax to a big fight. Or he may simply remove his immortality so that Kaidou can live out a normal remaining lifespan as he chooses I guess, if Oda doesn't want to include another death in the current events of the story instead of flashbacks.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I think you guys are misremembering again. I'm almost certain Dofy simply said that, with immortality in combination with the WG secret he already holds, his crew would surely rule the world. Whatever the latter was he already held it, judging from his ranting to Tsuru after his defeat.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

It's also possible that Bonney isn't "Pudding" but upon discovering that Pudding is to marry a hot guy who also cooks good, she resolves to steal Sanji away.

But I'm still betting they are one and the same.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dofy wants immortality to use some sort of "Treasure" like the ones Alabasta + Fishman Island have. The first one giving them insane power then killing them after 5 minutes. Fishman's giving them Roids and then super aging them.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Ah yes, Alabasta's "Miracle Water". The five guard dudes who had never existed until that very moment, and we're supposed to be floored by the gravitas of them imbibing a substance we had never heard of before, one that apparently gives incredible power but kills you in five minutes. The promptly jobbed out immediately. Truly Oda's finest hour of writing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

NecroMonster posted:

It's also possible that Bonney isn't "Pudding" but upon discovering that Pudding is to marry a hot guy who also cooks good, she resolves to steal Sanji away.

But I'm still betting they are one and the same.

I'm all for more time with the Supernovas.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Advice posted:

Ah yes, Alabasta's "Miracle Water". The five guard dudes who had never existed until that very moment, and we're supposed to be floored by the gravitas of them imbibing a substance we had never heard of before, one that apparently gives incredible power but kills you in five minutes. The promptly jobbed out immediately. Truly Oda's finest hour of writing.

If you're batting a bit less than a thousand, that's still really good. I'd let Oda off the hook for that and Pell for things like Water 7 and Enies Lobby.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Thunderbro posted:

But hey,

Guess who's an attractive redhead?

Are you saying Nami's real mom is actually Big Mom?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

For those with the planning remember that when Capone and Pekoms come over they say "Things have changed." I think sanjis new bounty picture was taken on dressarosa itself? So Akainu might have told Fugitora to take their heads himself but that was before whoever threw the shitfit that made it alive only threw said shitfit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AtomikKrab posted:

For those with the planning remember that when Capone and Pekoms come over they say "Things have changed." I think sanjis new bounty picture was taken on dressarosa itself? So Akainu might have told Fugitora to take their heads himself but that was before whoever threw the shitfit that made it alive only threw said shitfit.

Akainu tells Fujitora to take their heads in chapter 793 and Sanji's poster is changed to alive only in chapter 801. That's only 8 chapters, leaving it kind of pointless to even establish the thing ith Fujitora in the first place if you're just going to change it that quickly and not even get to see Fujitora or anyone else do anything about the first part.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Cross-posting from the anime thread, because :effort::

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

The new episode dropped.

So, based on this new info on Devil Fruit Awakening, that means if Akainu knows how to awaken his Magma-Magma fruit (which he most likely does), then...

Luffy will literally have to play a game of "the floor is lava" in beating him!

:haw::hf::aaaaa:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I doubt it. Assuming Crocodile has awakened his fruit, and judging by the awakened Zoan in Impel Down, each class of fruit awakens differently. Paramecia likely awaken differently depending on their own power.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I feel like certain PAramecia fruits are always in a state of "awakeness" ie- Whitebeard's fruit which pretty much requires it affect the environment around him directly.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

If Crocodile hasn't awakened his fruit then I don't think you can do it with logia fruits. The only thing we really know about an awakened paramecia fruit is that you can affect your surroundings and not just yourself (i.e. turn buildings into string and control them). There's gotta be more to it than that because Luffy turning things around him into rubber isn't exactly riveting stuff.

I still believe logia are the only naturally occurring devil fruits since they're forces of nature, essentially. Paramecia, being artificial copies (hence their reflection of man-made things), awaken by growing to affect their surroundings like logia.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Blackbeard will be defeated for he cannot awaken his devil fruits and will be destroyed by Bounce Castle Luffy, Celestial Stag Chopper, Hand Kaiju Robin and Brook possessing a sea kng or something

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Crazyeyes posted:

I feel like certain PAramecia fruits are always in a state of "awakeness" ie- Whitebeard's fruit which pretty much requires it affect the environment around him directly.

I think logia awakening might work differently.

It might even be that just paramecia can awaken, seeing as they're the massive wildcard type.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Weren't the Impel Down guys awakened Zoans though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Cloks posted:

Weren't the Impel Down guys awakened Zoans though?

Yeah, they were. Awakening a zoan fruit seems similar to Chopper's monster form, except that it can be maintained indefinitely, can recover from injury quickly, and the user is lucid enough not to rage out of control. That kind of awakening isn't quite as interesting as a paramecia could potentially be.