Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

The Ape of Naples posted:

I want to say it was a 12 guest of christmas ep. 2014.

Yeah, pretty sure this was the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LockHeart
Apr 8, 2005

I'll make Coach Haribo proud!
I think this is the best place to hype this, but if you have the opportunity to see the Oh, Hello! while they're on tour, do so.

No spoilers or anything, but it was very weird, and fun, and enjoyable.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I may have missed something, did Scott ever hint as to why Cudi left the TV show? He said he's going to reveal the new bandleader on Monday and I realized I never found out what happened with Cudi.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Colonel Whitey posted:

I may have missed something, did Scott ever hint as to why Cudi left the TV show? He said he's going to reveal the new bandleader on Monday and I realized I never found out what happened with Cudi.

I'd be more interested in finding out why he ever agreed to do it in the first place.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

Colonel Whitey posted:

It probably pays very little for the amount of work involved, then Jamie Denbo was racist enough on it to be kicked off CBB forever

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

Scott's wording on some episode made me feel it was always viewed as a short-term thing? But yeah, the guy was just probably through with doing a silly goof-em-up show after a bit and wanted to move on to other things.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah Cudi has a lot of other stuff going on and I'm assuming the hours and the (probably) low pay probably didn't help things much. The interviews before and after his run on the show made it sound like it was always something he was super interested and he was just really happy to be able to try it out for a bit while he had a chance.

Was Reggie actually a pain in the rear end? I don't remember hearing anything about why he left beyond that new opportunity.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Ho boy, that new plugs theme is really starting to get on my nerves and its only January.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

piratepilates posted:

Ho boy, that new plugs theme is really starting to get on my nerves and its only January.

I much prefer it over all the add ons of the last song.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Was Reggie actually a pain in the rear end? I don't remember hearing anything about why he left beyond that new opportunity.

I have no idea but it always seemed to me like he didnt really want to be there and he never did anything especially funny on the show, so it didnt seem like a big deal that he left

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The podcast episode they did when he was leaving was weird because Reggie didn't really seem to care

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I don't think he was a pain in the rear end, and Scott really valued having him on the show, but he did imply somewhere (I forget exactly where, some interview) that Reggie was kinda flaky and held up production by being late pretty often.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

That's interesting to hear about Reggie, I never thought he seemed disinterested and his humor and musical style seemed to fit the show extremely well. But yeah it makes sense that the Kid Cudi era was probably always meant to be somewhat short lived.

E: the new plugs theme loving rocks and I am still not over the gimmick of Scott speeding through an explanation of it every time

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
Yeah the new plugs theme is awesome, since Scott has to explain it every time.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He could just use it to open the plug bag and then close it with the user submitted one.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Reggie is weird because he's an extremely talented musician and then started doing this comedy thing where he just improvises with varying degrees of success and does some loop songs. I think he's kind of a lazy stoner with a lot of talent and got successful very quickly doing comedy with no effort. He gave an interview when he booked the Corden show and half jokingly said he was annoyed to get the job because he just finished CBB and wanted some time off.

I kinda wish he'd use his new-ish success to make another (serious) record but he may be burnt out on that after toiling in relative obscurity for a solid decade or so before doing comedy.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Also, aside from digging his music, Reggie endeared himself to me forever when he nerded out about the Everybody Wants To Rule The World feel to Tears For Fears.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

He could just use it to open the plug bag and then close it with the user submitted one.

Yeah clearly, I guess he's locked in now though.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Michael Ian Black episode has a story of Reggie showing up three hours late.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm sure there was a story at one point about Reggie showing up to shoot having not read any of the scripts.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I remember being lambasted in here (or a similar thread) years ago for not thinking Reggie was the 2nd coming. He seems a nice enough guy, but ehhh dude just never made me laugh that much and I don't think he was good enough at music to deconstruct it the way he does for me*. He could be fun, but never grabbed me as a reason to watch the show.

* except that TED talk he did, that was really good. So i'll amend that to he is good at music when he's not just pulling improv stylings out of nowhere.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I saw Reggie live when he was opening for Conan's musical tour between the Tonight Show and his TBS gig, he was extremely entertaining and affable but in a slightly disinterested way which is why I could never tell from the show if he cared or not.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

tnimark posted:

I'm sure there was a story at one point about Reggie showing up to shoot having not read any of the scripts.

Oh I remember hearing that as just a constant "how he worked" thing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I think Reggie killed it on his old CBB podcast episodes, but he had people like Jon Daly or Adomian making the real comedy over his beats. But they were enhanced by it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I saw him open for Conan on that tour he did after NBC got rid of him and he was really good. I can see him being less than committed to CBB though but when the script gave him decent stuff to do he was good at it.

Maybe Scott convinced Jenny Lewis to do the show for a season. That'd be cool.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Also, aside from digging his music, Reggie endeared himself to me forever when he nerded out about the Everybody Wants To Rule The World feel to Tears For Fears.

really, really deserved to be one of the top 14 eps of the year

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The production schedule is really stupid. IFC is insane.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

soggybagel posted:

The production schedule is really stupid. IFC is insane.

Insane for picking this show up in the first place! *cue canned laughter*

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Well Scott never seems to have a rebuttal to guests telling him it's stupid, so he might be being pressured by IFC to fit their bizarre schedule.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Colonel Whitey posted:

Insane for picking this show up in the first place! *cue canned laughter*

I've heard of canned peaches, but canned laughter?

Analytic Engine posted:

Well Scott never seems to have a rebuttal to guests telling him it's stupid, so he might be being pressured by IFC to fit their bizarre schedule.

It's entirely IFC making a crazy schedule. Scott seems to be getting more and more annoyed with it as they take stuff like the DVDs away despite him pouring his soul into it. But I think he's just too happy to have a TV show and too much of a workaholic to stop.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Practical Demon posted:

I've heard of canned peaches, but canned laughter?

It's entirely IFC making a crazy schedule. Scott seems to be getting more and more annoyed with it as they take stuff like the DVDs away despite him pouring his soul into it. But I think he's just too happy to have a TV show and too much of a workaholic to stop.

To be fair (and I think this every time he brings it up) it's 2016, who is buying DVDs? Because if there are people buying them it's not the same demographic as people who watch CBB.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Streaming services need to get their poo poo together and offer another subscription tier that includes DVD extras, or at least commentary tracks.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Analytic Engine posted:

Streaming services need to get their poo poo together and offer another subscription tier that includes DVD extras, or at least commentary tracks.

Seriously. It's not really the lack of physical DVDs, it's the fact that he put work into commentary tracks and extras that are just going to sit on a shelf.

On his episode of Box Angeles he talks pretty openly about the schedule and stuff.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Cloks posted:

Maybe Scott convinced Jenny Lewis to do the show for a season. That'd be cool.

Or maybe Tears for Fears, as long as we're hoping.

Also yeah, I've never really found Reggie funny.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

a pipe smoking dog posted:

To be fair (and I think this every time he brings it up) it's 2016, who is buying DVDs? Because if there are people buying them it's not the same demographic as people who watch CBB.

I bought the season and this on-demand manufacturing actually means the DVDs are burned, looks bootleg.

Dr. Gene Dango MD
May 20, 2010

Fuck them other cats I'm running with my own wolfpack

Keep fronting like youse a thug and get ya dome pushed back

Mr. Squishy posted:

Huebel steamrolling through Scott's repeated "I don't want to discuss it"s about the missing gun was great too.
Does anyone know the story behind that?

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Every time I hear the new plug bag song, I get this stuck in my head later for some reason: http://youtu.be/MLb7U030SbQ

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Omglosser posted:

Every time I hear the new plug bag song, I get this stuck in my head later for some reason: http://youtu.be/MLb7U030SbQ

I am intensely curious to see when I start loving the new song, hating the new song, getting used to the new song, accepting the new song, and coming back around to loving the new song. I'm thinking it'll take a few months. I'm already getting close to loving it the first time.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

The new band leader for the TV show is Weird Al Yankovic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Dacap posted:

The new band leader for the TV show is Weird Al Yankovic

I'm back in.