Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I don't know if I Have a sinclair station or not but I do know it comes one of the locals here and the time changes rather frequently. Sometimes it's on at 3 in the afternoon sometimes its saturday nights at 12am, other times it 11pm sundays. And no, they don't give it a lick of promotion via commercials around here. I basically run into it on accident when I see it on the guide when I'm bored as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

For me it's always been on at 11pm on Sundays, perfect time to wash away the taste of a WWE PPV.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

ch3cooh posted:

On tonight's B&V Bryan says Plans change but as of now Tough Enough Josh will be in the rumble

This image should be used a lot more often concerning WWE

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

For me it's always been on at 11pm on Sundays, perfect time to wash away the taste of a WWE PPV.

For the past couple of months it's been on three to four times per weekend, all at the same time. It's been on at 5pm Saturday, 5pm Sunday, 11pm Sunday, and 1:30am Monday. I guess Fox here in Toronto/Buffalo has nothing better to run before football and after the news.

I watched the Philly Steet Fight 3 times last weekend.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think Bryan hates me now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Hot scoop from B&V: Dave does the newsletter in WordPerfect.

I hope he still has one of these on his keyboard

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MagicCube posted:

For the past couple of months it's been on three to four times per weekend, all at the same time. It's been on at 5pm Saturday, 5pm Sunday, 11pm Sunday, and 1:30am Monday. I guess Fox here in Toronto/Buffalo has nothing better to run before football and after the news.

I watched the Philly Steet Fight 3 times last weekend.

Hm, I never thought to check when else it was on. I'm rockin' the FOX 29 as well.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

Nice to see Bryan finally jumping on the bandwagon.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

drat

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

hah, what did you do?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

called about mr. ziggles again and asked about the lawsuit tna filed against them when they claimed they were being cancelled from DA

Mazer
Feb 22, 2002

Vampiro was on Art of Wrestling this week. Is there a general consensus as to how full of poo poo he is? His stories sound great but border on Hogan levels of BS.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Mazer posted:

Vampiro was on Art of Wrestling this week. Is there a general consensus as to how full of poo poo he is? His stories sound great but border on Hogan levels of BS.

If his old appearances on WOL and Jericho's first book are anything to go by, he's overflowing.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mazer posted:

Hogan's bullshit is sad but Vampiro's is amazing

He was in a voodoo cult and learned black magic

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some of those calls on WOL were something.

"First off, I was getting high in the parking lot..."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mazer posted:

He once claimed to a promoter he missed a show because the wheels fell off the plane he was getting.

He is up there with Hogan, but his bullshit is at least entertaining and he knows how to tell a story.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The story in the Breaking News audio about little babby Bret Hart being scared the Stomper was going to come around and burn down the house was adorable :3:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Vampiro BS is great because his life story is plenty interesting enough but he can't resist adding black magic, ninjas, Krav Maga, and walls of attractive women protecting him. It's like he hired a 12-year old to punch up his biography.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mazer posted:

Listened to that episode. I bet the overall themes are pretty much right, but the specifics? Not so much. Like how many matches he was wrestling per day, how soon he became the biggest babyface in Mexico... That stuff is probably BS.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

HulkaMatt posted:

called about mr. ziggles again and asked about the lawsuit tna filed against them when they claimed they were being cancelled from DA

Just now catching up on all the casts thanks to the storm knocking my power and internet out til last night. This call made my day so far.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Is the BOARD down? No forums showing.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Is the BOARD down? No forums showing.

It's working normally for me

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Oh cool maybe I got banned. Weird. I'm not even a gimmick poster there, or much of a poster at all. (Maybe that's why). Thanks for checking.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
This event is the one year anniversary of me going home and subscribing to the Observer after canceling my Network sub for the first time of many. It has featured men peeing straight into the air, men going on walks, Don muraco, and seemingly far more than 365 idiotic Ryan from Cumberland calls. Here's toasting all the thread newcomers this time tomorrow.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Looking forward to Mark on tonight's B&V show, he's been pretty good in the past when he's shown up

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I like him because he talks like Andy Samberg's "teenager who just woke up" Weekend Update character

Until they get to something that stuck in his craw and he just gets loud and starts cursing and sighing heavily

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Mark is great, he sounds like every one of my friends back on long island who never left town, have the same job installing aluminum siding since high school, and live in their parent's basement apartment.

His commentary for December To Dismember is the best.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Oh cool maybe I got banned. Weird. I'm not even a gimmick poster there, or much of a poster at all. (Maybe that's why). Thanks for checking.

Change your password for your F4wonline.com account (not to be confused with your board account). This happened to me a couple of months ago and that fixed the issue.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

3. The "Royal Rumble'' Battle Royal lasted 33:00 before Jim Duggan ducked a One Man Gang charge and Gang flew over the top ropes leaving Hacksaw as the winner. This was a lot better than I'd anticipated and was at least as good as the Dusty spectacular that was taking place at about the same time. At least the camera work was tons better. This was a fun match to watch and it seemed everyone that can wrestle (about 40 percent of the 20 entrants) was putting out good. Actually I loved watching the guys run down to the ring. You can always tell who does real training (as opposed to strictly weightlifting and needlepoint) by how they run. The funny thing is you can tell by the order of how the guys entered almost how the promotion feels about their work rate. There are exceptions of course, but the best guys in there (Bret Hart and Tito Santana) opened and the good workers like Jake Roberts, Harley Race and Sam Houston were all in early while the stiffs like Anabolic Warrior, Junkfood Dog, Ron Bass and Hillbilly Jim arrived late. Gang, who most respect as a good worker for a slob, was in next to last (Junkfood was last, and got thrown out in 90 seconds) but since he was going tkdistance and at 450 pounds, can't go all-out for a long period of time, that was a neccessity. Guys were supposed to enter every two minutes, although in reality those ''two minute'' periods started at two minutes for the real workers (Bret and Tito) and were roughly 70 seconds most of the way although at the end they were down to 45 seconds. The order of elimination was: 1. Santana; 2. Bore-us Zhukov; 3. Race; 4. Jim Brunzell; 5. Jim Neidhart; 6. Houston (who took the best bump of all the eliminations); 7. Hart; 8. (whoops, Reed was the first guy out early so move everyone back one); 9. Brian Blair; 10. Jake Roberts; 11. Nikolai Volkoff; 12. Hillbilly Jim; 13. Danny Davis; 14. Anabolic Warrior; 15. Junkfood; 16. Ron Bass; 17. Don Muraco; 18. Dino Bravo and 19. Gang. One thing I didn't like about this match, and moreso about Dusty's, is that the faces and heels never fought amongst themselves. Here it was basically faces vs. heels all the way, but since it's WWF, that can be excused. Dusty's thing was supposed to be $500,000 winner-take-all and Dusty and Animal on interviews talked about .no friends. and the like yet they were constantly helping each other out. I know, who cares.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I found the RR thread title

quote:

Actually I think Vince McMahon could get Lee Harvey Oswald over as a babyface

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Mazer posted:

I liked the story about how he has two ghosts following him.

Flair has run commentary of the RR92 match on his podcast, has anyone linked it to video yet?

On that subject, Austin did one for one of his Kurt Angle matches, is that one linked to video somewhere yet?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ayn rand hand job posted:

Anabolic Warrior, Junkfood Dog

c'mon, Dave...

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

dsriggs posted:

c'mon, Dave...

Ban Dave for Rivals level puns

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

dsriggs posted:

c'mon, Dave...

you missed "Bore-Us Zhukov"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CoolCat posted:

Flair has run commentary of the RR92 match on his podcast, has anyone linked it to video yet?

Oh man, I haven't listened to Flair's show for a couple of weeks but that sounds like it would be great. Best Rumble, best commentator (Heenan), best winner.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man, I haven't listened to Flair's show for a couple of weeks but that sounds like it would be great. Best Rumble, best commentator (Heenan), best winner.

It's pretty good. Kind of a few lulls and some ad breaks, that I'm not sure if they desync the video

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like that Dave has maintained his WCW coverage was only so funny.because WCW was just so bad that it was hard not to be funny.

That review kind of makes that seem true.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

ayn rand hand job posted:

It's pretty good. Kind of a few lulls and some ad breaks, that I'm not sure if they desync the video

The ads do de-synch with the video and it's kinda annoying. Still, it's really interesting to hear Flair's commentary.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Speaking of Flair, did anybody listen to his interview with Charlotte? It was hilarious hearing the utter Dad-glee he takes in embarrassing her.

Conrad: So growing up did you have any crushes on wrestlers?
Charlotte: Yeah when I was a little girl there were a coup-
Flair: Randy Orton! But she was a bit older when she got a crush on him! :haw:
Charlotte: :aaa: ......thanks Dad.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That sounds great.

Gonna have to listen now.

• Locked thread