Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also, Mayview is apparently "doomed".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm sure that's hyperbole and not at all a literal thing/pressing reason to establish a nigh-impermeable containment barrier around the town :buddy:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Mazerunner posted:

Re-reading the fight with Forge, generally his light-based attacks (distinct from his yellow spectral-based attacks) come from manipulating his glasses: Exhibit A and exhibit B.

Those are just him pulling the light from his eyes. A spectral's eyes glow when they go into that "talking with their spirit" state, he entered that state just to give himself some light he could manipulate.

Mazerunner posted:

Also, when the shadow spirit almost gets out, it does so through a big hole in Spender's chest.

That's pretty drat conclusive, though!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Tupperwarez posted:

Or whatever possessing Max goes "O ya, that's mine," and the broken shadow god retrieves a great big piece of itself.
That's what I'm kind of expecting. The shadow is literally the broken god's shadow.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Splicer posted:

That's what I'm kind of expecting. The shadow is literally the broken god's shadow.

That does have a sort of eldritch horror vibe, so I'm down for that.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it would be just like spender to defeat a god and mistake its shadow for the whole of it when he attempted to clean up the mess :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-93/

Well what do ya know it was still him. :v:

Sorry goon for doubting you!

So Hijack is still inside Jeff, interesting. But then again it was probably the safest bet with all the commotion going around, seeing as Isabel couldn't do anything about it. Also love the mocking panel Max does, he gets so mad about Hijack's beliefs haha.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 22, 2016

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

New Page!

Man, everybody is getting great speeches after Hitball.

Also 'Look at me I'm a floating raisin with a belief system' made me laugh so hard I woke up my cat.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I love how Max beats Jeffjack over the head with a speech bubble

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I am eager for ethicsball

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Shindragon posted:

So Hijack is still inside Jeff, interesting. But then again it was probably the safest bet with all the commotion going around, seeing as Isabel couldn't do anything about it.

I mean, I thought that's been pretty clear since here...

e: also, please appreciate the horrible muscleveins on jeff's nose

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

PleasingFungus posted:

I mean, I thought that's been pretty clear since here...

e: also, please appreciate the horrible muscleveins on jeff's nose

Did you not read what I posted before the block of spoiler? That's what I meant by sorry goon, I was wrong about it. I kinda figured it was just gonna be Jeff just acting weird as hell and he took over someone else. I only came to this conclusion because of the arc starts with Isabell/ed/max running to find Hijack.

But now with all this, I guess Hijack manages to sneak out of the nurse office and into the teacher's lounge.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

WII SPORTS

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
not even wii sports resort justifies hurting peers

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

Shindragon posted:

Did you not read what I posted before the block of spoiler? That's what I meant by sorry goon, I was wrong about it. I kinda figured it was just gonna be Jeff just acting weird as hell and he took over someone else. I only came to this conclusion because of the arc starts with Isabell/ed/max running to find Hijack.

But now with all this, I guess Hijack manages to sneak out of the nurse office and into the teacher's lounge.

Hijack isn't going to the nurse's office, Max is. Jeff is getting sent to the office office, where Hijack can do his thing.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

Hijack isn't going to the nurse's office, Max is. Jeff is getting sent to the office office, where Hijack can do his thing.

I really gotta keep details like that. I actually forgot about that one

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Random speculation. While I don't think it's going to go this way, Hijack might need to grab emotionally distraught people. (based on the evidence of only Jeff admittedly) And the only teacher right now that meets that criteria that we've seen is Spender. I have my doubts that Hijack could grab him, but just speculating.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Hijack grabs Spender and is immediately eaten by shadowmonster.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah there are so many ways for that to go horrifically wrong for hijack

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Max just refusing to humor the villainous philosophy thing. :3

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
As some other goon pointed, really like how Max just literally beats the word SHUT UP over HiJeff's head.

I honestly think it was probably still Hijeff whose about to bust that door open. Apologies if I keep repeating but the fact we are basically going all the way back to chapter one of the arc is great.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
I actually feel bad for Hijack here. Saying 'Jeff had the right to punch Johnny, not you! You're a bully!' leaves out - Jeff couldn't. He was weak, outnumbered and humiliated, and this is clearly part of a regular routine for him. Jeff popping Johnny one would have been met with a moment's shock and Friendship Formation Kick The poo poo Out Of Jeff.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

VictorGrunn posted:

I actually feel bad for Hijack here. Saying 'Jeff had the right to punch Johnny, not you! You're a bully!' leaves out - Jeff couldn't. He was weak, outnumbered and humiliated, and this is clearly part of a regular routine for him. Jeff popping Johnny one would have been met with a moment's shock and Friendship Formation Kick The poo poo Out Of Jeff.

that's not fair but it's also not a problem nobody has ever solved before, and some outside party going psycho on one of them then sticking him with the blame isn't remotely helping matters

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Yeah, the issue isn't really whether or not Jeff would ever have done what Hijack did, it's that Hijack chose to do it, for Jeff, without his consent or input, and with the understanding that Jeff would take the blame for it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also let's be real, while messing up Johnny would have been a nice bonus (for Hijack), hurting anyone was still the goal.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

VictorGrunn posted:

Popping him one at Jeff's request would have also been acceptable. The problem is that he didn't actually ask. And the reason he didn't ask was because his rampage was never about helping Jeff in the first place but hurting someone he found distasteful. Hence, Max ripping him a new one.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Number one.

... Wii sports.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh my god that 'up' panel.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

readingatwork posted:

Popping him one at Jeff's request would have also been acceptable. The problem is that he didn't actually ask. And the reason he didn't ask was because his rampage was never about helping Jeff in the first place but hurting someone he found distasteful. Hence, Max ripping him a new one.

Still don't see it, but it's a comic and it's not like that ruined things for me. Just a 'Here I disagree' moment.

That said, I get the feeling Hijack is a kid or something. Wii Sports, indeed.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

VictorGrunn posted:

Still don't see it, but it's a comic and it's not like that ruined things for me. Just a 'Here I disagree' moment.

That said, I get the feeling Hijack is a kid or something. Wii Sports, indeed.

I think Max says it pretty well. Hijack's plan in the hitball game revolved around hurting someone. Just because he tried to inflict some karmic justice on Johnny doesn't make his intentions noble here.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Brannock posted:

Number one.

... Wii sports.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, we got to see these characters on the map, but here's a sketch Zack posted.

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/690317338512592896

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 23, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, we got to see these characters on the map, but here's a sketch Zack posted.

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/690317338512592896

I'm getting a bit of Psychonauts vibe here.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

MikeJF posted:

You aren't the only one, apparently.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

This is not a bad thing.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Random speculation. While I don't think it's going to go this way, Hijack might need to grab emotionally distraught people. (based on the evidence of only Jeff admittedly) And the only teacher right now that meets that criteria that we've seen is Spender. I have my doubts that Hijack could grab him, but just speculating.

Also Hijack is yellow, and Spender avoids yellow poo poo like the plague. Presumably since Lucifer needs that energy to keep the spiky shadow on a leash.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
From how he went all "my mind is a delicate balance" I'd say it's more because matching color makes it easy for a spirit to link up with a spectral and with him already hosting two guys adding one more to the mix would make things get ugly.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I wonder how that would go down. Spender freaked out about a tool that could be yellow, and using multiple of those makes sense to me. but if Hijack tried to possess him, wouldn't that be like trying to get in an airplane bathroom with the occupied light on?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I mean, I assumed it wouldn't work since Spender is already a pretty full ride. But I was under the impression that Hijack's power is completely different from normal spirit possession, so things like spectral color and the host's free will don't play a factor here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hijack is also healthy, so he'd be adding yellow energy to the mix-up, whereas a tool would be draining it.