Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Star trek timelines has one too many stats. They should have removed command and just had diplomacy. As it is, I put fifteen bucks into this game (monthly crystals and then ten bucks worth) and have had three or four premium ten pulls, but can't get past chapter three. I just don't have a good enough diplomat because one quest suddenly has a check near ninety and my best is sixty. There are just too many stats to cover. Grinding for upgrade pieces isn't fun. This game is still better than the star wars one, though.
Yeah, the RNG with crew choices can gently caress you up. I pulled a McCoy off one of the freebies so I am finally in a position to get past my Medical roadblock. But I am not going to bother, I just grind for upgrade pieces instead. That seems to be the main gameplay so if you don't enjoy that you're kind of poo poo out of luck :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The real problem is the faction mission system, I am stuck where everyone of my characters need Cardassian mission items, I did many and never got the items I need but now they are too difficult to do as the more you do the harder they get. So the missions are too hard to do because my people aren't good enough to do them but the only way they can get better is to do the missions. Grinding for credits is insanely slow because you get 3-600 per mission so my only choice to get ahead is to spend real money on new characters that hopefully need another faction's items and hope this time I don't get screwed by RNG. All this would be solved by letting us choose difficulty of faction missions so we can grind for the low end items.

Edit- Final nail in the coffin, my account got wiped today. I attempted to start a different account on my tablet when I had been playing on my phone. Somehow this wiped my save on my phone and erased all my account data meaning all the time/money is even more wasted then it was before.

socialsecurity fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jan 22, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

So, I've been playing Soda Dungeon, and I think I've pretty much maxed out without grinding crazily. I'm stuck on the Fighter-only boss on level 3700. I'm having issues getting get a group of fighters through the last set of floors, and when I do, I just get whipped.

My standard group is a max crit damage build, 1 darkmage, 4 fighters. I can usually get 3 through, but that's not enough.

I've got level 90 Fighter soda and 70 ATK.

I guess I should just find something else to play, as I can see just bashing my head against this next time it pops up as well.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Go RV! posted:

So, I've been playing Soda Dungeon, and I think I've pretty much maxed out without grinding crazily. I'm stuck on the Fighter-only boss on level 3700. I'm having issues getting get a group of fighters through the last set of floors, and when I do, I just get whipped.

My standard group is a max crit damage build, 1 darkmage, 4 fighters. I can usually get 3 through, but that's not enough.

I guess I should just find something else to play, as I can see just bashing my head against this next time it pops up as well.

I upgraded the fighter relic, and also people suggest one healer for the levels leading up to it, but yeah after that you are just supposed to play with a knight and 4 darkmages and level the relevant darkmage relics to see how far you can get. Darkmages suck until you get their relic.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

New Leaf posted:

I have so many questions...

quote:

You, the commander, experience troublesome setbacks with these naughty girls as you lead them through life!

What else do you really need to know?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?
Timelines patched today, I can actually click buttons, and they actually tell you how long away missions are now. Blew through so many saved up XP boosters. Still can't progress because I can't farm the all Tea and Raktajinos and Holpdecks I need to advance my dudes

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Speaking of patching/updating, Soda Dungeons (at some point) finally nerfed/changed the way the bosses work in the Warrior's Dimension. I was able to damage and defeat the normally-only-damaged-by-heals boss normally; not sure about the makes-nonfighters-run-away boss yet*. I discovered this during what I thought would be a short farming run, but I'm ~1000 levels father than I thought I'd be.

In unrelated news, I stumbled upon a match game that I've been enjoying, called Best Friends. You can play quite a few levels before the energy-based thing makes you stop (20 energy max, each level uses 2), you can level up your characters as you go, and if you fail a level, you not only save any gains you had during that level, but you get a consolation bonus currency. Levels don't seem too difficult or anything, too.

* Seconds after posting this - Makes Nonfighters Run Away boss still does it.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 23, 2016

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Crashlands, a new top down action RPG/crafting game is out. It seems to be getting some really good buzz about it.

I'd recommend this.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Go RV! posted:

Stop using fighters after 700, just level darkmages.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Zander13 posted:

Been playing Crashlands for a few hours. Definitely worth $5. To me it is a mix of don't starve and rimworld.

The trailer intrigues me, but this review sold it to me more than your comparisons, because it says that there's no health/food/hunger system. It's surprising me how many folks are comparing it to Don't Starve, which lost my interest because it was so into basic survival that I never felt comfortable to explore.

One thing that annoys me, advertising the game's cross-capability is significantly blunted by how (unless I'm woefully mistaken) they expect you to pay 5bux for the mobile version and 15 bucks for the Steam version.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 23, 2016

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

The trailer intrigues me, but this review sold it to me more than your comparisons, because it says that there's no health/food/hunger system.

One thing that annoys me, advertising the game's cross-capability is significantly blunted by how (unless I'm woefully mistaken) they expect you to pay 5bux for the mobile version and 15 bucks for the Steam version.

Yes, I saw that as well, presumable the steam version has both?
If not I wont buy it, not that i have any spare money atm anyway.
I believe sproggiwood was for 2 licenses?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

Speaking of patching/updating, Soda Dungeons (at some point) finally nerfed/changed the way the bosses work in the Warrior's Dimension. I was able to damage and defeat the normally-only-damaged-by-heals boss normally

This was patched in quite a while back, a month or two ago I believe. The fighter only boss won't be fixed until next patch, which is supposed to be some time next month I think. The dev posts from time to time on reddit, unfortunately that requires reading reddit

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Huh, my bad.

On the topic of Crashlands: I'm supposed to put a sign near some sort of glade thing, but I have no idea where I'm supposed to put the sign. There's two blue things that I tried putting a sign down on and named it, but the quest giver is not responding as if I did anything.

Did I glitch the quest by accidentally salvaging the sign the dude gave me? I constructed a new one...

Late edit: buy this game on Steam, not on mobile. There's so little in way of healing in this game (hope you like walking around for literally an hour to find three healing plants!) that it's better to play it on a desktop where you can Cheatengine your health back to full. Because if your health isn't at full, you'll be one-shot by the thing you have to kill, and the game hasn't unlocked better weapons for you!

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jan 23, 2016

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

While initially true, I was able to make baconweed planters to solve this issue relatively early.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

Huh, my bad.

On the topic of Crashlands: I'm supposed to put a sign near some sort of glade thing, but I have no idea where I'm supposed to put the sign. There's two blue things that I tried putting a sign down on and named it, but the quest giver is not responding as if I did anything.

Did I glitch the quest by accidentally salvaging the sign the dude gave me? I constructed a new one...

Late edit: buy this game on Steam, not on mobile. There's so little in way of healing in this game (hope you like walking around for literally an hour to find three healing plants!) that it's better to play it on a desktop where you can Cheatengine your health back to full. Because if your health isn't at full, you'll be one-shot by the thing you have to kill, and the game hasn't unlocked better weapons for you!

:psyduck:

The whole map is covered in healing plants and monsters telegraph their attacks so you have ample time to get out of the way.

That said, this is a great game, I have it both on my PC and tablet and having my save sync is fantastic

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

GodspeedSphere posted:

While initially true, I was able to make baconweed planters to solve this issue relatively early.

Once you get the cooking workstation (which takes awhile on the first map), you can make potions which heal 75% of your HP and only have a 10 second cooldown.

The 4 bosses I've fought get pretty bullet hell-ish and my galaxy tab4 choked pretty bad on one of them.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oops wrong forum posted:

Timelines patched today, I can actually click buttons, and they actually tell you how long away missions are now. Blew through so many saved up XP boosters. Still can't progress because I can't farm the all Tea and Raktajinos and Holpdecks I need to advance my dudes
I finally ran into a stupid bug that made me quit. I finished Episode 2 and the tutorial message from the previous episode came up forcing me to pick the first slot for the victory even though it's not Federation anymore. I can't even grind any Episode 2 missions for parts because that lovely message still takes over if I pick one from the crew screen. :doh:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

The whole map is covered in healing plants and monsters telegraph their attacks so you have ample time to get out of the way.

Is the map randomized? I spent literally two hours last night picking up yellow flowers, and getting ~3.

And yes, they telegraph their moves. Unless you're the basic enemy type and it doesn't alwaystelegraph that it's going to immediately jump on you a second time without a windup or time to get out of the way.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

re: Crashlands.

Playable on a phone or definitely get it for tablet? I ask because I have an Android phone, iPad and PC. I'm waiting for a Steam sale but only want to buy it on one of my devices.

The Reverand Me
May 12, 2007
Let's make Gravy!
Did anyone else on timelines get kicked out of dental? Not that I understand what the point of fleets is.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

The Reverand Me posted:

Did anyone else on timelines get kicked out of dental? Not that I understand what the point of fleets is.

Yep sure did. If anyone remakes make sure that you post it here.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

The Reverand Me posted:

Yup I've been kicked too.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Xtanstic posted:

re: Crashlands.

Playable on a phone or definitely get it for tablet? I ask because I have an Android phone, iPad and PC. I'm waiting for a Steam sale but only want to buy it on one of my devices.

I am curious about this too.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I've played it on my phone, tablet and PC, all play fine.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I ended up puling the trigger on my iPad because I wanted more screen space and I never have HD space on my phone anyway. The one annoyance is sometimes my dumb fat finger will block my character when I'm in combat, but I'm sure I'll get used to it since I normally play games on my PC.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

GodspeedSphere posted:

I figured that would help too, but turns out healing in this game is HoT, making it relatively pointless if you're low on health in combat and/or trying to navigate between 3/4 overlaying telegraphs.

edit: yes, the Steam version has the abilities keybound, and holy gently caress does it make combat (especially bosses) a lot easier. Plus, there's a bit of a visual change when you're low on health.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 24, 2016

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
Changes coming to Play Games soon.

It's mostly dry technical backend stuff, however (emphasis mine):

quote:

• Players are prompted to sign-in once per account, rather than once per game
  • Players no longer need their account upgraded to Google+ to use Play Games services
  • Once players have signed-in for the first time, they will no longer need to sign in to any future games; they will be automatically signed in

Finally.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I wish they said something about how this will change G+ access permissions for users with G+ accounts. Currently, I tell every game I sign in to that it won't be able to see my circles, and any information it posts will only be visible to me. No idea what will happen when this change makes it through.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

If you are still on the fence about Crashlands, you should get it if you want a chill experience. It's basically exactly what I've been wanting since Don't Starve kicked my rear end. A baby-mode Don't Starve without the Starving where I can just kill things, progress and build a base.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
iOS thread is raving about it. I just pulled the trigger on it in the Play store. More to follow.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Don't get Crashlands, it's horribly addicting. Time just passes right by.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Crashlands have multiplayer? I can't get a clear response on that, everyone says its a Diablo like but my favorite thing about Diablo-likes is mindlessly grinding with friends(internet strangers)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Crashlands have multiplayer? I can't get a clear response on that, everyone says its a Diablo like but my favorite thing about Diablo-likes is mindlessly grinding with friends(internet strangers)

Single player only atm. Dunno if there are plans from adding it in the future. I think there is a road map on their website

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

It's more like 2D top-down Minecraft than anything.

Waynebo
May 18, 2004

Look at that subtle off-white coloring.
The tasteful thickness of it.
Oh my god. It even has a watermark.
Crashlands is great in every respect. There's a lot of user friendly design and the accommodations for mobile makes it easy to pick up and play on my phone. This is pretty hilarious since it seems like only a handful of people worked on this game while Star Trek Timelines is basically a visual text adventure made by a company with a staff of 50+ and it barely loving works

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

I plan on making a fuller effortpost about it, but My Singing Monsters 2: Dawn Of Fire is surprisingly fun and scratches an "Okay these are the products I'm tasked with producing, how efficiently can I produce the raw materials and to construct them" itch I didn't even realize I had.

Look up factorio for pc on the forums or online.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Crashlands also has kind of a weird "ugly" art style. Like it's technically proficient art, I just don't like how anything looks.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Crashlands is done by the same dudes who did Quadropus Rampage. As soon as I saw the art style I knew it was them. Instant buy.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Anyone have recommendations for something similar to The Room series? Hopefully harder and longer.

Cithen fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I can play Crashlands on my desktop during the day, in the evening I can crash on my couch and play Crashlands on my tablet and when I go to bed I can play Crashlands on my phone until I pass out from exhaustion. Help.