Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

duck monster posted:

I fully expect this to be the last thing I ever see when the saucers come for us all.

Keep your eye on that catte on the left, I dont't trust him.

They watch you sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Daztek posted:

Beer, please stop sending imaginary emails to CIG CS, you're keeping their imaginary support staff from dealing with real space issues!!!

Clearly this is all my fault.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

TTerrible posted:

Phone posting too so I can't link it - but he claimed there was going to be a congress of the damned led by Croberts in LA in two weeks. They were going to outline how they were going to cancel things and cut features going forward.

It was just mentioned in ATV as a "roadmap meeting" or something.

:wtchris:

So now Chris and company are cutting and cancelling features from the game? What?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

its funny how this stuff gets distorted down the line.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

CIG has more money than everyone thinks and will definitely see out 2016. SQ42 will not come out in its promised form but you will be getting between 3 - 9 missions that are embarrassingly basic. The real showpiece will be the shockingly bad cut scene nonsense showing shiny A lister's reading Chris appalling script .
There is some sort of rally being held by the Fuehrer in LA next week and the final plans will be put into place as to how they will drip feed the news that most of what has been promised is now to be dropped or pushed back indefinitely. Those not in the Cult will have seen this happening these past couple of weeks as I said it would. The odd Whale will kick off and that will be that .

I've gone and found it. Witness.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

iminers posted:

So now Chris and company are cutting and cancelling features from the game? What?

Here's EightAce's post about it:

EightAce posted:

CIG has more money than everyone thinks and will definitely see out 2016. SQ42 will not come out in its promised form but you will be getting between 3 - 9 missions that are embarrassingly basic. The real showpiece will be the shockingly bad cut scene nonsense showing shiny A lister's reading Chris appalling script .
There is some sort of rally being held by the Fuehrer in LA next week and the final plans will be put into place as to how they will drip feed the news that most of what has been promised is now to be dropped or pushed back indefinitely. Those not in the Cult will have seen this happening these past couple of weeks as I said it would. The odd Whale will kick off and that will be that .

Here's the RtV section where they mention summits happening with CIG stuff from the various studios, although they mention them starting this week.

e;fb!!!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Daztek posted:

Beer, please stop sending imaginary emails to CIG CS, you're keeping their imaginary support staff from dealing with real space issues!!!

There's that pic floating around of like 10+ dudes that apparently work CS for CIG? How little do they have to do to get such a huge ticket backlog? Or how many tens of thousands of tickets a month do they get to fall so far behind?

The whole thing is mind boggling.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

EightAce posted:

I'm in LA but haven't spent any money on this game at all, is this rally only for space whales or can I crash the gate? I am morbidly curious and love to heckle people.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Catte, RIP

A Neurotic Jew posted:

its funny how this stuff gets distorted down the line.

He's right, but not really for the right reasons

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

There's that pic floating around of like 10+ dudes that apparently work CS for CIG? How little do they have to do to get such a huge ticket backlog? Or how many tens of thousands of tickets a month do they get to fall so far behind?

They're probably getting micromanaged to hell and have to spend a majority of their time waiting on replies from higher-up instead of being allowed to follow sensible guidelines and clear their workload. It's a result of CIG being an overinflated small developer instead of a normal big developer that's grown naturally

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Can you have alien sex yet in the game.

I am.....asking for a friend.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

~~this feature has been cut in favor of adding 12 more clothing brands~~

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

mrking posted:

I'm in LA but haven't spent any money on this game at all, is this rally only for space whales or can I crash the gate? I am morbidly curious and love to heckle people.

its for staff

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Edmund Honda posted:

They're probably getting micromanaged to hell and have to spend a majority of their time waiting on replies from higher-up instead of being allowed to follow sensible guidelines and clear their workload. It's a result of CIG being an overinflated small developer instead of a normal big developer that's grown naturally

I wonder if it's like Chris and the game development part, only in this case Sandi has to personally oversee and approve every single ticket request. You know, it probably is like that.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Edmund Honda posted:

Either that or they just grabbed a bunch of guys and said pretend to be CS for this photo. You never know how deep the rabbit hole goes with CIG.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: The Chris Report :siren:

From day one I never got this adulation for Chris Roberts. I mean, compare two games that came out in 1993, X-Wing and WC:Privateer. Both games were limited by the same hardware so the differences in cockpit views come from either terrible design choices or a terrible game engine.

1993 X-Wing

1993 X-Wing

1993 Wing Commander Privateer :psyduck:

1993 Wing Commander Privateer :psyboom:

Give Chris Roberts unlimited budget and time and, to the surprise of no one, this is what he delivers.

TYOOL 2016 Star Citizen

TYOOL 2016 Star Citizen

If Chris Roberts is anything he is consistent. :mediocre:

:siren: There was never a time Chris Roberts was not a mediocre game designer, laughable writer, a terrible director and incapable of staying on budget or on schedule both in the games and in the movie industry. :siren:

I mean, seriously... «Quick everybody, let's give this man $1xx million US American buckaroos and he'll make all our dreams come true!» :homebrew:

They gave unlimited cash and put no time constraints on the man that - in the imortal words of Ghostlight - brought us :pgabz::pgabz: FUKKEN CATTEBEASTS! :pgabz::pgabz:

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? And now it turns out that this man is also a terrible CEO?
:gary: No loving poo poo!

smh, what the hell was everyone expecting?

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 23, 2016

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Berious posted:

Either that or they just grabbed a bunch of guys and said pretend to be CS for this photo. You never know how deep the rabbit hole goes with CIG.

If this were true (or even if it weren't) I would have preferred them just using photoshop on a less full office to paste the same dude a few times in the background with sloppily colour-changed shirts and hats, kind of like the lonely kids on deviantart you put up photos of their room but with My Little Pony characters superimposed on their beds with a description that reads something like "Pony chilling on my bed."

I mean there's a good reason I'll never get given a million dollars to make my ideas a reality let alone 100 million, and it's because there's always going to be a point during the inevitable collapse where I start doing things intentionally wrong to see if anyone notices how bad it's getting and save me from myself.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey guys I've been sending in those fake tickets to support like we planned, but it's getting tedious. Any word on that bot program you need a platinum account to see this message was working on? It'd be so much easier than sending these emails manually.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

spacetoaster posted:

Hey guys I've been sending in those fake tickets to support like we planned, but it's getting tedious. Any word on that bot program you need a platinum account to see this message was working on? It'd be so much easier than sending these emails manually.

you need a platinum account to see this message has really been working for me, I have it running on my spare PC upstairs 24/7. I've got the new email registration macro thing down to a tee too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

There's a pre-alpha of the bot that you can download here: you need a platinum account to see this message

e;f;b

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder if it's like Chris and the game development part, only in this case Sandi has to personally oversee and approve every single ticket request. You know, it probably is like that.

IIRC at one point she was the only one approving refund requests.

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010

See you in the 'Noose

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Molotov Cock Tale posted:

See you in the 'Noose hearse

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Officer Sandvich posted:

your baking math is hosed

Oops. Fixed to 1 cup. Thanks.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Fatkraken posted:

All this "sticks" and "cups" bullshit it what's hosed. Civilised people use weights, preferably grams. A gram is a gram is a gram, no need to worry if a store has packaged something in an unusual way or if you've chopped something too finely or coarsely or left air pockets in your weird scoop. Plus no need to cram butter into a second container, just cut a bit off the block and weigh it.

Actually, I do use a scale to measure flour, sugar, etc. by the gram since measuring by the cup can result in the amount being noticeably off. It was a tip I learned from Cooking for Geeks and showed to Bootcha in the course of our cooking lessons.

In the US, butter almost always comes in sticks of 8 tablespoons each, or 113 grams. So use 226 grams if you decide to make my Thin Mints. :)

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
He pulled the charging handle on the Keckler-Parp Rotator 4Xf carbine jammed in his shoulder.

The Pirates were on the ship, he could see the strobing glow of their weapons firing down the hall. The NPCs would be dead by now, no one left to manage the shields.

XxXSnipA_trump16xXx, one of the boarders, appeared down the hall, weapon twinkling. The invader hit a glitch portion in the ship and warped outside the hull. His body was still in a T, lifeless outside the window.

Soon, he would join XxXSnipA_trump16xXx in the void, arms out at a rigor mortis angle, his ship and boarders self destructing in a laggy fire of disconnecting player drops and server crashes.

Another day in the verse.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's a little colder than normal this morning:

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Verse Squash Casserole, 1 Serving

4 pounds yellow squash, chopped
1/4 pound butter, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon white sugar
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1 (6 ounce) can French fried onions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add squash; cook until tender but still firm. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl.
3. Add the butter, mayonnaise, eggs and sugar; mix together.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 bread crumbs on bottom of six quart casserole dish. Pour squash mixture on top and sprinkle with remaining bread crumbs and cheese.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, top with onion rings and bake for additional 10 minutes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Im 600 posts behind so maybe somone already spotted this gem of fun in the Pee Tee Uuuuu

shitizen brony sperg"Dowlphin" posted:

I am really pissed. It seems like always when I invest plenty of time to set up a specific test, there's always some bored jerk who foils it and causes a mess.
First I tested to nudge a Connie onto a landing pad to observe how the Olisar physics deal with an unmanned ship. There an Aurora pilot decided to move it away again, wasting 10 minutes or so.
Later I wanted to try some mass acceleration thing, brought the Connie to minimum speed near Olisar, suicided and got my Mustang to do some test shots. There was a freelancer mearby, so I wrote in chat to please leave it alone, and he was just flying around in the vicinity. (I guess I wasn't cynical enough to recognize the signs of a circling vulture.)
Then just when I got to my Connie with the Mustang, he started pushing it and make it rotate away chaotically.
THEN he started reading chat. No surprise. He wanted to see the grief he had caused. Came with some stupid rationalizations that were just derision. Wasn't sorry at all.
So I had to exit and EVA to the Connie and get it into proper alignment again and also said that in chat. And then he bumped into it again so that I couldn't reach it anymore via EVA, so I moved back towards my Mustang and then he blew that up! And came with another idiotic remark.

Oh and then... you know what happened then, right? ... Of course "all pads are full" bug. Repeatedly. So I had to log out and log into another instance. ... And the same there!

I have zero respect for such scum. They are always on the lookout for ruining stuff for others, and they harm the development process. Dunno about CIG, but I consider them an enemy of the project. They know very well what they're doing. They see someone set something up meticulously and the devil in them jumps at it. They are exactly like the kids who destroy sand castles.
They hang around on a feature- and content-identical PTU instead of Live, a PTU about which CIG has just recently clarified what it is for and what it is not for. (The inherent problem with this though is that the very people who are part of the problem simply don't care. That's the root of it all.)

(Lately there were also people on Youtube who stated their intention to play the game just so that they can grief others.)

My drat drive to help the development of this game causes me so much pain. It's hard for me to stop caring. Apparently there's only so much you can do on the PTU. Some of the stuff is just higher level and needs to be tested in a more mature environment, internally.
I had to deal with too much of this stuff to remain calm and not develop a hatred for such mentally weak people who seem to be all around. They are the ruiners of everything good.

I won't name-and-shame since it's not allowed, but when I checked out the guy's profile picture, it pretty much said everything.

I mentioned it before: This will keep happening unless there are instances reserved for people who have proven that they care, by contributing significantly to the Issue Council.
I got plenty of data about other issues from latest gameplay, but I'm just not in the mood to write reports, sorry.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

:lol: at customer service being terrible because of goons flooding them with email and not because of terrible management and organization.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Godmode Enabled posted:

I miss when atleast 10% of the thread was about the game.
Now people just come here to make the 1000th hrrrr Lesnick is fat: :gary: me too +1joke when you know half these fkers are covered in Cheeto dust.

hey! i'm not covered

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mendrian posted:

It is weird and mean spirited to keep riffing on a weight problem. I'm not your mom, so say whatever you want. But it's usually considered equally mean spirited to make fun of poverty or depression or drug abuse.

We can make fun of his weird devotion to Wing Commander instead.

I don't know, focusing on the pilgrim cross takes a lot of ignoring the elephant in the room.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

TTerrible posted:

IIRC at one point she was the only one approving refund requests.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. A boss that doesn't know how to delegate puts themselves in a bottleneck position and then complains to everyone how much they are overworked and how everything would fall apart without them.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Ben is a loving gross monstrosity and I can't believe this thread is starting to stick up for him.

We are not "Sticking up" for him. We are debating the fact that "Lol Ben's fat as gently caress, Sandi a Bitch" is not a worthy of contribution to the thread and is bordering on creepy behavior.

The guy need help, if only he want to be able to play the game after its released (2020, after an engine rewrite) instead of dying from health problems while its still in dev.

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

:gary:Star Citizen: Poop in the 'verse:yarg:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/311864/procedurally-generated-pets/p4

e: smells like goon work

bumbles fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 23, 2016

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Goons are basically Orks. When there is no common threat they just attack each other.

This is the only good/fun thing about 7th Ed orks.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'd love to a fly on the wall during the great meeting of the minds.

I wonder what disappointments they'll trickle out first.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

iminers posted:

Yes, they publicly announced the removal of the "Retaliator commercial" stretch goal, but since it was not from the holy mouth of Chris Himself, its not supposed to be "true" information. Private servers have also been pushed back "well after the game is live" (Lando words) so interpret this as you want.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nemo2342 posted:

I have a couple hundred pages to go before I catch up with the thread again, but can someone please tell me if we freed Kimsemus yet?

They have not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Someone (Derek Smart, Derek Smart DEREK SMART?) should chuck this prediction out to the brown sea at large and watch them panic as it comes true.

• Locked thread