Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

learnincurve posted:

:(

I was a total sod online in my 20s, my default first thought is that if someone is doing something sneaky that people don't approve of is to mess with them is all.

You should definitely continue to take everything Dreggon posts at face value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I know all aussies sound alike but dreggon hasn't posted in a while. mate

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Hey secret raid group guys. I promise I won't join your PuG and link meta build gear I don't have on, while wearing magic find greens as we kill bosses. Just so it's clear.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I know all aussies sound alike but dreggon hasn't posted in a while. mate

gently caress up oval office

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Visidan posted:

Please don't whisper me about a secret goon raid guild that gear checks i'm not in it and have no control over it.

-A thank you-

No one told me about a secret goon raid guild.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Why isn't the secret goon raid guild in the op?!?!?!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You guys are really elitist when it comes to trying to be anti-elitist.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You guys are really elitist when it comes to trying to be anti-elitist.

At least they're not actively discouraging people from playing the game anymore. Baby steps.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Thread doesn't need to do that, ANET is going full steam on there.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

ItBurns posted:

At least they're not actively discouraging people from playing the game anymore. Baby steps.

Actively discouraging people from playing the game is what I am all about.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Pretty Prin-ictures http://imgur.com/a/5FBs5

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Timberline Falls in 4k :allears:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Where is 4k asura butt

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
look in the mirror

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

auric basin was in full glitter gold mode the first time I zoned in and seeing that in 4k made me physically aroused

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Visidan posted:

look in the mirror

Oh man, I don't even read this thread anymore or play the game and I felt this burn.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

jaegerx posted:

Oh man, I don't even read this thread anymore or play the game and I felt this burn.

This must be what it's like to be Arus.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

will the "cheaper hero points wvw scrolls" be in this patch, or is that something for the distant/near future?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
So I bought this game a couple years ago and played the starting zone of each race before not playing it for a couple years. I was considering getting back into it and starting again, but I am not sure why the OP's image on races is so gung-ho about Humans. Is there a mechanical reason or just personal preference?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

there's a mechanical reason in my dick

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

How sumptuous! :swoon: Arenanet may make some questionable design decisions, but they've always had gorgeous landscapes.

CommaToes posted:

So I bought this game a couple years ago and played the starting zone of each race before not playing it for a couple years. I was considering getting back into it and starting again, but I am not sure why the OP's image on races is so gung-ho about Humans. Is there a mechanical reason or just personal preference?

It's an in-joke. Racial abilities don't matter. Use whatever has the voice and appearance you like best.

Krang from Ninja Turtles
Apr 25, 2008
Hello friends, WoW is a bad game now. Should I play this game instead? I enjoy putting dots on things, drinking while raiding, anime, and birds. tia

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
The OP hasn't been updated in the 1300 years since humans could even have been considered a powerful race.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

El Stevedore posted:

Should I play this game

No.

El Stevedore posted:

I enjoy anime and birds.

Actually, wait. Maybe you should.

Krang from Ninja Turtles
Apr 25, 2008

Vargs posted:

No.

Actually, wait. Maybe you should.

Old pic, but this is my raiding buddy.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I like the part where you can log in once a day, get a shitload of XP books and XP boosts and only do crafting, gathering, group events, and your personal story line to 80 instead of running round collecting rat tails.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gw2 is alright and you can get a lot out of it for pretty cheap

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

El Stevedore posted:

Old pic, but this is my raiding buddy.

:swoon:

You'd fit in with GOON just fine, this is how I have to play the game

e: hello

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 24, 2016

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

don't listen to them. this is what daily life in [GOON] looks like

ps: you're not the bird.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Raids.jpg

Krang from Ninja Turtles
Apr 25, 2008
Well that all sounds fun. Some good burb pics. What class would allow me to put out as many conditions as possible in the shortest time possible? I'll boot up the game tonight during the royal rumble.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

El Stevedore posted:

Well that all sounds fun. Some good burb pics. What class would allow me to put out as many conditions as possible in the shortest time possible? I'll boot up the game tonight during the royal rumble.

berserker is good

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

El Stevedore posted:

necro

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

So this is odd. I'm in a small guild run by a teenager. Apparently she was dumb enough to leave her mats for a Legendary in the guild bank after inviting some new pub into it. Now the pub has run off with all the mats and she's crying because she has no idea what to do. Since this was all technically kosher I imagine customer support will do jack poo poo so I told her to post a sob story on the GW2 reddit and forums. Not really asking for advice, just sharing the schadenfreude.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Now the pub has run off with all the mats and she's crying because she has no idea what to do.

maybe she shouldn't be loving stupid and put legendary mats in a common guild bank open to everyone

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well yeah. I'm not making GBS threads down her throat about it atm because she's already down enough, but that was deeply dumb of her and I finally feel like the parent looking at the teenager going "well you just learned a very expensive lesson now didn't you?"

I didn't even know the chick was storing those mats in there because it's a tiny guild with nothing going on. I'm in it mostly as a courtesy to her. If I knew I would have told her to pull that poo poo ASAP.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Revenant is really clicking with me, the first class to really do so despite having some 150 odd hours into GW2. It's too bad I wasted all that time getting two characters to 60 before giving it a try :negative:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Shab posted:

Revenant is really clicking with me, the first class to really do so despite having some 150 odd hours into GW2. It's too bad I wasted all that time getting two characters to 60 before giving it a try :negative:

Well good news, it's getting nerfed on Tuesday! How bad? We don't know since we only have partial notes on changes.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Did they announce any further dragonhunter nerfs other than the trap light wall one and the daze duration cut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Afaik, there haven't been any more balance notes out, so we'll wait until tuesday. Hopefully it won't be too brutal, although it probably will be. I hope LB stays viable though, I already crafted the legendary. I would also take hammer being good again.

• Locked thread