Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope someone lets off some fire crackers so they can fight the darkness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Astrofig posted:

Man I hope at least one of of sex toys has explodable batteries in it to burn the whole gently caress out of their hands.

Also, casual poll: would the reaction be funnier if I sent them a copy of Instinct (gay sex mag) or a vial of ipecac with a note reading, 'not telling you why you're going to need this, but trust me, you will!' or similar?

The first. The second is uncomfortably close to poisoning.

(PLEASE DO NOT TURN THAT INTO THE NEXT GIANT SIDETRACK. THANK YOU.)

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

bango skank posted:

So what I'm getting is that this is a deeply disturbed subculture full of people who're inherently incompatible with a modern socially liberal society. They're not going anywhere and nothing anyone can do or say can change their minds, seems to me it'd be better to just rip the bandaid off and deal with the problem now instead of just letting it fester and hope it'll go away on it's own.
This is basically what I've arrived at with these assholes.

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Astrofig posted:

Man I hope at least one of of sex toys has explodable batteries in it to burn the whole gently caress out of their hands.

Also, casual poll: would the reaction be funnier if I sent them a copy of Instinct (gay sex mag) or a vial of ipecac with a note reading, 'not telling you why you're going to need this, but trust me, you will!' or similar?

Nah, send em something that, if burned, creates an ungodly odor and/or toxic type gas.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Hermetic posted:

The first. The second is uncomfortably close to poisoning.

(PLEASE DO NOT TURN THAT INTO THE NEXT GIANT SIDETRACK. THANK YOU.)

True that. All right, next shipment contains 36 pacifiers, a beginners' guide to 'adventurous' gay sex, a copy of Instinct and a bag of wild bird food.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Anchor Wanker posted:

Nah, send em something that, if burned, creates an ungodly odor and/or toxic type gas.

You mean like the rubber and plastic they're already apparently burning?

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Evil Fluffy posted:

You mean like the rubber and plastic they're already apparently burning?

More like burnt popcorn, or human hair if you could find some way to trick them into tossing something like that into a fire.Something that will reek so bad that it will turn the site into a living hell. Or, maybe fill a dildo with some sort of compressed capsaicin gas capsule?

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Anchor Wanker posted:

A crate full of 14" black dildos cast out of nitroglycerine and ball-bearings. Problem solved.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Astrofig posted:

Don't touch the poop. Jesus.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Astrofig posted:

Also, casual poll: would the reaction be funnier if I sent them a copy of Instinct (gay sex mag)

why send one when you can send a subscription?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Astrofig posted:

Don't do either of these. Especially don't do the second idea. You can still get in trouble for poisoning someone even if they are doing something illegal themselves.

And yes, sending someone a bottle of ipecac with a note intending to trick them into drinking it will get you in trouble. Don't gently caress around with that.

Laugh at the poop, look at the poop, smell the poop, talk about the poop, but DON'T TOUCH THE loving POOP.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

oohhboy posted:

I hope someone lets off some fire crackers so they can fight the darkness.

Put a police siren/lights on a drone and fly it in circles around the refuge a mile out. They'll either be dead of stroke or out of ammo in 10 min. flat.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

What happened with the elder Bundy? Is the government going to collect on that million dollars he owes? He's basically undefended right now (unless he still has that entourage), it would be a great time for a surgical strike arresting the head of the beast, which could maybe rile up the Oregon buffoons into doing something dumb. Or I guess they could add the bill from this standoff to his tab.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Anosmoman posted:

Put a police siren/lights on a drone and fly it in circles around the refuge a mile out. They'll either be dead of stroke or out of ammo in 10 min. flat.

this sounds fun as hell

Any uav enthusiasts in the area who dont mind losing a cheap drone to a hail of bullets?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
There is a 1000% chance doing that will get you arrested. For gently caress's sake stop planning ways to touch the poop.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

There is a 1000% chance doing that will get you arrested. For gently caress's sake stop planning ways to touch the poop.

Hey I'm all for somebody getting arrested at this point. It would give some indication that the feds are actually paying attention.

Besides, the whole internet is touching the poop. They're mailing foods that cause poop to flow, and mailing dildos to impede its progress.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Why do you want to keep people from experiencing history first hand, grinch

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Who What Now posted:

I am on board with Sedanchair, which is itself horrifying.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

Who What Now posted:

lol if the police try anything i will defend mah rights as a citizen and apparently they wont do jack poo poo

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

They need snacks, send them those sugar free gummy bears.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

What a brilliant and extremely original idea that nobody in this thread or elsewhere on the internet has suggested yet

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
Touch the poop and smear it everywhere. If there was ever an appropriate time for poop - touching it would be this poo poo show. Honestly, the fact that so many dildos were sent makes me feel a little less alone in the world. Other people are mad enough at these dirt bags to send them dildos. It's great.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Goodpancakes posted:

i think someone already followed through with this, haha

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I wanna touch the poop rn

Anchor Wanker
May 14, 2015

Who What Now posted:

If I got arrested for flying a drone over a seditious armed occupation, while the occupants of said occupation remain free, I'd be kinda salty.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Anchor Wanker posted:

If I got arrested for flying a drone over a seditious armed occupation, while the occupants of said occupation remain free, I'd be kinda salty.

Just make sure your drone is registered.

And when the FBI comes over and tells your to knock it off, do what they say.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I'm all for the drone. Just one of those cheapo ones with a camera and fly it over. Course it would have to be preceded by "informant" letters accusing the feds of launching small drones to record them

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

As a Millennial I posted:

What a brilliant and extremely original idea that nobody in this thread or elsewhere on the internet has suggested yet

Right?! And why don't they just cut the power, too? I can't believe no one has thought to do or suggest this yet.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So do we have any hard evidence that shows that the reason the FBI hasn't made a move is because they are worried about public perception and/or getting their funding cut, or are we just guessing that to be the reason?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

enraged_camel posted:

So do we have any hard evidence that shows that the reason the FBI hasn't made a move is because they are worried about public perception and/or getting their funding cut, or are we just guessing that to be the reason?

There doesn't seem to be any evidence of their motives or intentions, in any direction.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Right?! And why don't they just cut the power, too? I can't believe no one has thought to do or suggest this yet.

You know what this situation reminds me of? Occupy Wall Street. Also, Ferguson

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Who What Now posted:

Would cutting the power literally be considered sexual assault against Ruby Ridge?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Anchor Wanker posted:

I'll start a Gofundme.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm mailing them a golden apple that says "FOR THE FREEST"

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Why use police lights when you can just paint the sumbitch black? Paint the drone flat black, and write FEMA on it in Comic Sans. Also of course register it properly.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

Boner Zone posted:

Is this guy for real

What, you dont remember the OWS-spawned terrorists? Just doing a minor fact check on Jarmak's 'OWS murderers' bullshit there wee plenty of sites backing up him and painframes delusions. Pajamas media, MMO-gamer, Alex Jones. It's out there if you just open your eyes.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Talmonis posted:

Why use police lights when you can just paint the sumbitch black? Paint the drone flat black, and write FEMA BLM on it in Comic Sans. Also of course register it properly.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

As a Millennial I posted:

You know what this situation reminds me of? Occupy Wall Street. Also, Ferguson

And did you know the only reason nothing has happened to the militia is because they are white? Makes me so mad,smdh.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Prester John posted:

I don't like the fact that the FBI is sitting on their hands, but I understand it. Sometimes the best thing to do when you have no good moves is to bide your time and wait. The FBI has no good moves here, at all. The unstable nature of the people leading this sedition means that it is still possible for it to collapse under its own insanity, but that is a chance that I think is shrinking every day this goes on.

So while I concede that it might be better to take an aggressive approach at this point, I still think that biding time while the militia discredit themselves in the public mind is very probably the best course for now. Any attempt to forcefully remove these seditionists will get a shitload of people killed at this point. (Some of the children are likely to be among the casualties, can you imagine the propaganda coup that would be for the GOP primary circus?) I don't think we are at the point where that risk can yet be justified.

Cutting power/internet immediately would have been a great move. It would have contained the crazy. Yes, there are surrounding ranches, but that's why you get them generators and let them know you'll help with anything they need and that you'll even put them up in hotels or whatever on uncle sam's dime.

You blockade the major roads to it, hopefully with the cooperation of the county sheriffs so their names are on the vehicles. Yes it creates a picture, but it also makes people know very quick that this is serious. Some might get emboldened but it makes it less convenient and harder for people to join as opposed to a militia day camp.

From that point on you start changing what options are available.

I've been reading a LOT about cults of late for research for a fictional book and the prevailing theme is that reality doesn't matter so catering to them is pretty much a losing scenario anyways, all you can really do in the immediate is try and control physical relationships (which is why cult leaders desperately create strict rules on who people talk to, when their curfew is, etc). Remember, people here keep talking about Waco provoking the OKC bombings but forget that Waco didn't end with the feds killing everyone but with good ol' Vernon deciding he'd take the ship down with the captain and lighting a fire. But the reality of the situation was warped by the militias because that's what they do. Obviously try to limit lives lost, but starting with the assumption that there is a way where no lives are lost is foolish, especially when you do nothing to limit their access to connecting to the other crazies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Never know whether it's refreshing or disgusting that anytime an issue of murdered black folks or armed white rednecks are around, we get the same gaggle of chucklefucks in support.

• Locked thread