Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Vasudus posted:

It's not so much the fact that there's a lot of snow in a single sitting, it's mostly the lack of preparedness that comes with simply not getting lots of snow regularly.

I live on a major, major roadway that connects to two major interstate highways. There was no salt or sand or even trucks out there until there was already several accidents on the road. Once they announced the roads to be pretty much for emergency vehicles only they just about stopped plowing them altogether. I went outside for shits and giggles and around 2pm yesterday there was six inches of snow on the road. That's unthinkable.

If this was back in CT, or anywhere that gets that level of snow, it would be salt/sand about two hours before the first flakes and trucks every 10-15 minutes on major roadways, every 30 minutes on minor ones. The most you would have on the roads at any given time is probably an inch or two at most, which is mostly just what they can't easily scrape off the roads and whatever has accumulated since the last pass. poo poo would still close early, probably, but it wouldn't be the total anarchy that it ended up being.

i would much much rather not pay even more taxes for something that occurs maybe once a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
X-Files is back!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
With the correct intro, even!

I'm sold.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:munch: Fuckin x files man, hell yeah.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Finally 20 goddamn minutes of post-football ads are over.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Gillian Anderson has aged incredibly well. She's on Sophia Lauren's level

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gillian Anderson and I went to the same college.

We're like meant to be together.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Booblord Zagats posted:

Gillian Anderson has aged incredibly well. She's on Sophia Lauren's level

She was real good looking in Last King of Scotland.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Whip Slagcheek posted:

She's a loving Fox in Hannibal.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

She was real good looking in The Fall.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

I'd pay to change it but i kinda like that thrill of getting triggered every time I see it.

poo poo, I thought your fetish was giant space crabs. Goes to show, you never really know a person...

quote:

Brad said performing arts was a difficult industry to be in "but hindsight at age 33 is a lot different to foresight at 17".

"I was 17 years old when I went to university; I had little-to-no financial experience other than minor part-time jobs in high school.

"I certainly had no concept of the enormity of what I was undertaking, and nobody explained it to me in any way.

"The New Zealand culture was 'just take a loan, don't worry about it'."

The borrower said he believed interest should be frozen to help people like him get ahead.

Shame he didn't major in finance. Or do even the tiniest bit of research before making the biggest decision in his life to date. lol'ing at Mr. Seymour's take, though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Whip Slagcheek posted:

"Intensely Fuckable" is how I would describe her in Last King

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The Adjustment Bureau is a cool movie.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just give me the episodes written by people named Morgan or Wong and let me forget about Chris Carter's idiotic mythology twists.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

"Intensely Fuckable" is how I would describe her in Last King

Link a pic for those of us who haven't seen it man, come onnnn

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

The Rat posted:

Link a pic for those of us who haven't seen it man, come onnnn

loving cock teases, each and every one of ya

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

and a classic

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Excuse me for a moment

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

she was so hot on her top gear appearance

realtalk she was my first celebrity crush, before lisa loeb made her one hit music video and became numero dos

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also im in season 4 of 30 rock and ive come to the conclusion that it is NBC: The Live Action Anime

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also im in season 4 of 30 rock and ive come to the conclusion that it is NBC: The Live Action Anime

Uh, pretty sure that's the point of the show.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah

its pretty good

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

she was so hot on her top gear appearance

realtalk she was my first celebrity crush, before lisa loeb made her one hit music video and became numero dos

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

So whatever happened to that airsoft guy who hung around here?

Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3T1nfi0H8

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Casimir Radon posted:

So whatever happened to that airsoft guy who hung around here?

Related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3T1nfi0H8

I watched that like 4 times and it's still funny. No idea what patch this kid burnt but it I bet he got welts all over from what sounds like a grown man shooting him with little plastic bbs.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Airsoft sounds like the stupidest thing possible

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I watched that like 4 times and it's still funny. No idea what patch this kid burnt but it I bet he got welts all over from what sounds like a grown man shooting him with little plastic bbs.
There's some other video of the kid burning the team's patch on a grill. The apparently call themselves the Desert Eagles. There does seems to be a significant age difference here.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Airsoft sounds like the stupidest thing possible

It pretty much is. "Combat sports" attract some really lovely people from the teens to the 50s. A buddy of mie has 15 acres of brush out here and every now and then we'd get a few beers and go shoot each other with BB guns. Then we decided to travel to one of the fields 2 hours away to play with other people.

Sat through an hour long safety brief from a kid in a way out of reg Civil Air Patrol uniform, then sat around for another hour while so fat guys in their mid-late 20s had a screaming match with some teenagers about Planetside 2. Then when we got to the field itself and started setting up for Capture the Flag, I had a kid bug me about how much I paid for my cammies and he didn't even get it when I just replied "My dignity". Then after 2 hours of pretty much firewatch but outside I got to shoot a fat dude and his friend with like 20 BBs when he tried to low crawl around a dried out creek. Then they started yelling because I was too close when I shot them so it hurt, but I was like 40 feet away and those BBs fly all funny over 60 iirc so they we just bitch made.Then afterward someone's mom literally came with juice boxes while a bunch of teenagers and fats were talking about poo poo like they had just survived D-Day. My buddies and I just drove home and put down a case of Sam Adams after resolving to never do that poo poo again

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I just wanna play with my r/c cars :unsmith:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Booblord Zagats posted:

It pretty much is. "Combat sports" attract some really lovely people from the teens to the 50s. A buddy of mie has 15 acres of brush out here and every now and then we'd get a few beers and go shoot each other with BB guns. Then we decided to travel to one of the fields 2 hours away to play with other people.

Sat through an hour long safety brief from a kid in a way out of reg Civil Air Patrol uniform, then sat around for another hour while so fat guys in their mid-late 20s had a screaming match with some teenagers about Planetside 2. Then when we got to the field itself and started setting up for Capture the Flag, I had a kid bug me about how much I paid for my cammies and he didn't even get it when I just replied "My dignity". Then after 2 hours of pretty much firewatch but outside I got to shoot a fat dude and his friend with like 20 BBs when he tried to low crawl around a dried out creek. Then they started yelling because I was too close when I shot them so it hurt, but I was like 40 feet away and those BBs fly all funny over 60 iirc so they we just bitch made.Then afterward someone's mom literally came with juice boxes while a bunch of teenagers and fats were talking about poo poo like they had just survived D-Day. My buddies and I just drove home and put down a case of Sam Adams after resolving to never do that poo poo again

My one and only Airsoft experience was very similar, except I had just gotten out of boot camp. I argued with fat middle aged men in Waffen SS uniforms about whether WWII Marines would have kicked the SSs rear end in a firefight...

In my defense I was like 19 but I never went back.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

My one and only Airsoft experience was very similar, except I had just gotten out of boot camp. I argued with fat middle aged men in Waffen SS uniforms about whether WWII Marines would have kicked the SSs rear end in a firefight...

In my defense I was like 19 but I never went back.

Yeah, seems to be the same for everyone that isn't cursed with a bad case of the 'tism. Shame, those things are actually pretty fun to shoot at folks after a few beers.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yeah, seems to be the same for everyone that isn't cursed with a bad case of the 'tism. Shame, those things are actually pretty fun to shoot at folks after a few beers.

Yeah paintball is a lot of fun too. A few years back I got sent to this wing unit because I got promoted and couldn't stay with the infantry bn I was currently with. Like 2 weeks after I show up they decide they are going to deactivate the unit. Most the junior guys all got orders pretty quickly so it was just a handful of us wrapping things up before we closed the doors. Our Family Readiness Officer (civilian woman who manages Moral Recreation and Welfare (MWR) funds and lets wives know what's going on with the unit) tells us we had like 20k left to spend before the unit went away. We got a dude to bring his mobile hog roasting equipment to the local paintball park and everyone ate a poo poo ton of BBQ and played paintball all day long. It was the most fun I've ever had with the military.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol figures airssofters are literally a bunch of stupid kids and loving autistic man babies

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
They're not nearly as bad as the fat pieces of gelatinous poo poo that waddle into the gun range from a lifted bro truck covered in zombie apocalypse response unit stickers carrying the dumbest goddamn incarnation of a shotgun and a stack of zombie targets that they plan to obliterate with bird shot they got on sale at Dick's.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

lol figures airssofters are literally a bunch of stupid kids and loving autistic man babies

It's really pretty bad. Shame, too, because Airsoft is really fun when you're buzzed and with people who don't fuckin care

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
As usual, people ruin fun things.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

I just wanna play with my r/c cars :unsmith:

Gas powered or battery? (Curious that's all)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

They're not nearly as bad as the fat pieces of gelatinous poo poo that waddle into the gun range from a lifted bro truck covered in zombie apocalypse response unit stickers carrying the dumbest goddamn incarnation of a shotgun and a stack of zombie targets that they plan to obliterate with bird shot they got on sale at Dick's.

They're the same people, normally. Too fat, frail, stupid or sissy for the military, but want to live out their Warrior God of the Battlefield fantasies

• Locked thread