Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
Well, well, well, I guess I really did get under someone's skin ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
If he starts explaining stuff to you, I'm worried you'll backpedal all the way back to the white terror years.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Barto posted:

Well, well, well, I guess I really did get under someone's skin ;)
Hey buddy! Heads up, it's not much warmer in here than it is outside.

this is a stickup posted:

the white terror
much like his posting

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

Yeah, that's the sad part. You all circled the wagons long, long ago. It's for my own amusement and posterity, I guess. I think he's up to like 5 posts since he said "Pandemonium saying Atlas Hugged is in Bangkok after Atlas Hugged says that in the thread is the exact same thing as Barto implictly admitting to doxxing Pandemonium and gossiping with people he knows (which Barto is doing for effect, but whatever)", I told him to explain how those two things are even remotely related, and then he started making GBS threads posts out his rear end with unfunny one-liners over and over.

Don't feel left out, though. I'm also tallying how many times you make stupid loving assumptions. You're up to four, I think. MGTOW, no certification, red pill, and spermjacking. I'm sure I'm missing more.

That's not what TetsuoTW was saying though. See my above post to clarify. He and several others, myself included, thought your comment meant you were saying meeting a girl in Bangkok was different than meeting one in Taiwan. And then your comments about me already saying I lived in Bangkok appeared as backpedaling. My point is that me living where I do is irrelevant to your initial comment, and it was in fact so irrelevant that you threw the thread off.

Second, he's pointing out that you love to jump on people for making assumptions, but after Barto's comments, you seem to be assuming that everyone in the Line chat is a creepy weirdo despite Barto not being a member. You were adamant about joining, but given the chance, you immediately dodged.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I'll feel bad if it turns out Pandemonium's first language isn't English because at this point that would explain a lot.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Chantilly Say posted:

I'll feel bad if it turns out Pandemonium's first language isn't English because at this point that would explain a lot.

I was just about to post the same thing.

TetsuoTW posted:

much like his posting

:perfect:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Chantilly Say posted:

It would, but unless he's from Sanctimonia then I don't think it'll excuse much.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

I didn't say anything about that part because there is nothing wrong with it. Ridiculous slang and words from other languages can fit in sentences or phrases just fine, and incomplete thoughts can be correct.

No one on line uses complete sentences, but they also wouldn't say anything like you did. This is because none of your poo poo is correct, and you don't sound funny, you sound like an idiot. Also I'd prefer you use 謝天謝地 over poo poo like "ruffling feathers"

You're forgetting the inclusion of both thank you phrases in the same sentence. But that's okay. I'm not going to belabor the point any more. Instead, how about we all just start posting in Chinese. That will be a lot more fun!

quadrophrenic posted:

Also not for nuffin but I seem to recall pandemonium getting all bitchy at me for using 得 as a verb in the Chinese thread not too long ago :shrug:

哪裏?

Atlas Hugged posted:

That's not what TetsuoTW was saying though. See my above post to clarify. He and several others, myself included, thought your comment meant you were saying meeting a girl in Bangkok was different than meeting one in Taiwan. And then your comments about me already saying I lived in Bangkok appeared as backpedaling. My point is that me living where I do is irrelevant to your initial comment, and it was in fact so irrelevant that you threw the thread off.

Second, he's pointing out that you love to jump on people for making assumptions, but after Barto's comments, you seem to be assuming that everyone in the Line chat is a creepy weirdo despite Barto not being a member. You were adamant about joining, but given the chance, you immediately dodged.

Okay, now this is a misunderstanding, then. I didn't know Barto wasn't in the LINE chat when I wrote that, and having him write those creepy rear end-posts made me reconsider just how much I want to do with anyone in this thread outside of this thread--despite the fact that I still think he is bullshitting. That's not a cool joke.

Edit: To be honest, it's really hard to keep all of the threads in this thread in order. Way too much shitposting.

Pandemonium fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jan 25, 2016

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Pandemonium posted:

You're forgetting the inclusion of both thank you phrases in the same sentence.

I do not care about this at all because it sounds fine. If you added a few more into the same sentence, THEN you'd have a joke.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
Well, in non-retard related news,

Wells English and its online component just went under. The owner is in hiding and the 14 or so branches are all closed. Of course, the employees weren't paid for the last couple months, the students are out of luck for the classes they already paid for---the usual deal with this kind of slimy cram school undertaking.

This news is actually a bit bigger than it looks at first glance though. I manage a couple of English schools, so I'm familiar with the business practices at work here and there could be a massive chain reaction in the ESL industry.

Basically, most schools use a business model where adult English students are signed up for 1, 2, or 3 years of classes. The student takes out a loan with a bank which cooperates with the school, and the school gets the entire sum at once. Generally, the school spends the 3 years worth of tuition on expenses that month, which means (much like a pyramid scheme) they need new students every month.

So Wells ran into the situation where their classes were of generally poor quality, their sales people were tricking people into signing the loan papers, and then word got out. So suddenly, business collapsed for them. But there are still several thousand students who have loan payments to make every month but no longer have classes to go to.

So now, the banks are possibly/probably refusing to work with the other big schools such as Jujiang English and others. If these schools can't use loans to sign up more students, they will most likely go under. There's also a strong possibility the legislature will make using loans like this illegal. So this could end up being a huge circular firing squad with 3 or 4 big companies going under and potentially thousands of students being defrauded.

It's an ESL apocalypse basically.
So...hold onto your butts.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Barto posted:

Well, in non-retard related news,

Wells English and its online component just went under. The owner is in hiding and the 14 or so branches are all closed. Of course, the employees weren't paid for the last couple months, the students are out of luck for the classes they already paid for---the usual deal with this kind of slimy cram school undertaking.

This news is actually a bit bigger than it looks at first glance though. I manage a couple of English schools, so I'm familiar with the business practices at work here and there could be a massive chain reaction in the ESL industry.

Basically, most schools use a business model where adult English students are signed up for 1, 2, or 3 years of classes. The student takes out a loan with a bank which cooperates with the school, and the school gets the entire sum at once. Generally, the school spends the 3 years worth of tuition on expenses that month, which means (much like a pyramid scheme) they need new students every month.

So Wells ran into the situation where their classes were of generally poor quality, their sales people were tricking people into signing the loan papers, and then word got out. So suddenly, business collapsed for them. But there are still several thousand students who have loan payments to make every month but no longer have classes to go to.

So now, the banks are possibly/probably refusing to work with the other big schools such as Jujiang English and others. If these schools can't use loans to sign up more students, they will most likely go under. There's also a strong possibility the legislature will make using loans like this illegal. So this could end up being a huge circular firing squad with 3 or 4 big companies going under and potentially thousands of students being defrauded.

Good luck!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
I had heard about that actually. It's good for us because we don't gently caress around with that kind of bullshit and it means we can hire some of the good staff and take the students as well.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

I do not care about this at all because it sounds fine. If you added a few more into the same sentence, THEN you'd have a joke.

It was like a 20 character sentence. How many sarcastic thank yous do you want in such a confined space, drat?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Barto posted:

While I'd be glad to see the English education industry here get slapped back into reality and a few more of the shittier schools shuttered, this'd be a really lovely way for it to happen.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

My schools are fine and hiring :)
But not you.
We won't be hiring you.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Barto posted:

But not you.
We won't be hiring you.

If I ever crack and flee back to Taiwan, I'll hold you to that.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

I had heard about that actually. It's good for us because we don't gently caress around with that kind of bullshit and it means we can hire some of the good staff and take the students as well.

That's what we're doing too. So it's not all bad...but it is bad that a lot of these students are getting cheated out of thousands of dollars.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

If I ever crack and flee back to Taiwan, I'll hold you to that.

Don't hesitate! Welcome and welcome~

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Barto posted:

But not you.
We won't be hiring you.

Oh no, my goon networking is a bust! How ever will I make ends meet.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Pandemonium posted:

Oh no, my goon networking is a bust! How ever will I make ends meet.

By fleeing to a country where you aren't really expected to participate in society so your obvious social disorders will be less crippling.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Spanish Matlock posted:

By fleeing to a country where you aren't really expected to participate in society so your obvious social disorders will be less crippling.

Bahaha, you are going to die on this SA Forums = IRL hill, aren't you? Seems to be the recurring theme for you along with the "I'm going to assume a bunch of stuff about this poster and be wrong about all of it".

PS. You still haven't explained what spermjacking is.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

PS. You still haven't explained what spermjacking is.
it's fun to imagine though

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

it's fun to imagine though

It'd be nice to know what the meaning of the words the dude is putting in my internet/real mouth.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

It'd be nice to know what the meaning of the words the dude is putting in my internet/real mouth.
i just like to imagine it as one ship full of pirates pulling up alongside another ship and stealing it, except both ships are shaped like cocks and the pirates are sperm

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I love to post. Post post post post post. And I love to cum.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Lady Galaga posted:

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

Lady Galaga posted:

Agreed.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Lady Galaga posted:

I 喜歡 to post. Post post post post post. And 我 love to 射精.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

TetsuoTW posted:

i just like to imagine it as one ship full of pirates pulling up alongside another ship and stealing it, except both ships are shaped like cocks and the pirates are sperm

See, this is the kind of thing they don't tell you about in health class in the US. What would I do without SA?

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

I prefer 中出. 勞煩

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Barto posted:

I assume this isn't something that will affect buxibans directly, is that right? I'm contemplating jumping ship as a serious option (probably much to the annoyance of the Line chat as I ask a million questions), and wanting to know how this should affect my decisions, if at all.

Also, this has to be the greatest thing to come out of the thread, if only for the music. I could loop that poo poo while I was grading homework.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

YF19pilot posted:

I assume this isn't something that will affect buxibans directly, is that right? I'm contemplating jumping ship as a serious option (probably much to the annoyance of the Line chat as I ask a million questions), and wanting to know how this should affect my decisions, if at all.

Also, this has to be the greatest thing to come out of the thread, if only for the music. I could loop that poo poo while I was grading homework.

It will definitely affect the buxibans directly. 14 schools closed a few days ago and if things keep going in this direction, enough 20-50 schools closing wouldn't be out of the question. This is flooding the market with teachers who have no job and need money---driving down wages and also making students wary of signing up for schools.

Kojen's adult department looks like it will blow apart this spring or summer too, so watch out for that as well.

But this probably won't affect the children's side of things except that there's going to be a lot more competition for jobs for at least half a year or more.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Barto posted:

It will definitely affect the buxibans directly. 14 schools closed a few days ago and if things keep going in this direction, enough 20-50 schools closing wouldn't be out of the question. This is flooding the market with teachers who have no job and need money---driving down wages and also making students wary of signing up for schools.

Kojen's adult department looks like it will blow apart this spring or summer too, so watch out for that as well.

But this probably won't affect the children's side of things except that there's going to be a lot more competition for jobs for at least half a year or more.

drat, sounds exactly like when I graduated college - poo poo went south in my industry and you had a flood of college kids, laid off workers, and "forced into early retirement, but willing to work for pennies on the dollar" types.

I'm just curious if/how this should be affecting my decision as far as what schools to look into and avoid. If I leave Hess, I really want to move up the ladder, but I'm wondering if this is the kind of news where I should just wait it out another year before moving onto another school.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004

YF19pilot posted:

drat, sounds exactly like when I graduated college - poo poo went south in my industry and you had a flood of college kids, laid off workers, and "forced into early retirement, but willing to work for pennies on the dollar" types.

I'm just curious if/how this should be affecting my decision as far as what schools to look into and avoid. If I leave Hess, I really want to move up the ladder, but I'm wondering if this is the kind of news where I should just wait it out another year before moving onto another school.

This month is definitely a bad month to look for work. Don't get a job at Kojen, Wells, or Jujiang---that's for sure. If you want to work for a smaller school, make sure they don't use the loan method of getting students, otherwise you might lose your ARC when they flop over and die.

Staying with Hess is a safe choice, but it should be possible to find a different position in the kiddie industry if you don't wait too long. :) Good luck!

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

What an awful thread

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

YF19pilot posted:

There is no ladder in ESL.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Teacher in Thailand < Manager in Thailand < Teacher in Taiwan < Alcoholic Branch Manager in Taiwan < Sweet Release of Death

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You're doing it in the other direction, like an ESL Benjamin Button.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Thanks to soju being social currency, living and working in Korea is basically living death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

我在臺中,天氣晴! 不要太羨慕!