Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

What happens when Marks mom dies? US he going to have to sell off a chunk of the team to pay for inheritance tax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ron Jeremy posted:

What happens when Marks mom dies? US he going to have to sell off a chunk of the team to pay for inheritance tax?

He doesn't have a large chunk to sell off. I think the Davis family only owns like 40% or thereabouts

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ron Jeremy posted:

The team shares are probably in a family trust and not directly owned by Mrs. Davis.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Ross Angeles posted:

SD is offering more than Oakland is. The Chargers just won't come to the table. The Raiders might.

If the Chargers go to LA and the Raiders come to SD, do you stay with the Chargers or go to the dark side?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

No one is moving to LA to play second fiddle to the Rams. The Rams belong to LA and if anyone else wants to be second rate NFL team in this market until the end of time then lol.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

zen death robot posted:

Have you actually SEEN a Rams game in the past decade?

no see this is when they'll stop making GBS threads on themselves every season because stan won't be telling them to anymore

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

zen death robot posted:

Have you actually SEEN a Rams game in the past decade?

Cowboys fans pay a billion dollars for tickets and beer to watch a team that is perfect .500 football over like the last 18 years so the on field product doesn't really matter.

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 25, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Like 30% of the LA market is still a bigger market than probably three quarters of the NFL franchises have.

The skullboat is an impossible dream, you guys know that, right? The liability issues alone, for building a what, 50k-seat stadium on a decommissioned ship? Doing it so that no fan ever falls over a rail or gets pitched off a balcony by the ship rolling, somehow managing to move that many people on and off, hell, probably they'd have to somehow have enough lifeboats on board to handle the entire capacity... Purpose-built cruise liners don't have anything close to that kind of passenger capacity and they're hideously expensive. It's fun to think about but a completely ludicrous idea.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

kiimo posted:

It might be better to trade Houston Charles for Hopkins. :D

Oh man could you imagine Smith wasting Nuk? Talk about a tragedy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well one notable difference is that getting free agents to come to LA is a lot easier than St. Louis. I'm not bagging on St. Louis anymore than my own hometown. Like when the Chiefs tried to get Peyton Manning to visit and he practically laughed at them as he flew over KC on the way to Denver.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Leperflesh posted:

Like 30% of the LA market is still a bigger market than probably three quarters of the NFL franchises have.

The skullboat is an impossible dream, you guys know that, right? The liability issues alone, for building a what, 50k-seat stadium on a decommissioned ship? Doing it so that no fan ever falls over a rail or gets pitched off a balcony by the ship rolling, somehow managing to move that many people on and off, hell, probably they'd have to somehow have enough lifeboats on board to handle the entire capacity... Purpose-built cruise liners don't have anything close to that kind of passenger capacity and they're hideously expensive. It's fun to think about but a completely ludicrous idea.

If the game is held in international waters...

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

go3 posted:

Cowboys fans pay a billion dollars for tickets and beer to watch a team that is perfect .500 football over like the last 18 years so the on field product doesn't really matter.

Jerry Jones is a wizard, and the Cowboys fan base today is built up from people who bandwagoned them in the 90's. They were more popular back then than the Patriots are today. America's Team and all that. The Rams never developed that kind of following in LA.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

You build the stands on a pier in its various ports. The skull boat only has the field on it, and it docks in the stadium with the seats around it. :hurr:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Volkerball posted:

You build the stands on a pier in its various ports. The skull boat only has the field on it, and it docks in the stadium with the seats around it. :hurr:

The Cardinals have that field that slides into the stadium, this is just the logical conclusion of that idea :colbert:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That sounds like something Dethklok would do.

In a tsunami.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

kiimo posted:

That sounds like something Dethklok would do.

In a tsunami.

New rule: If Dethklok would do it, the Raiders should.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FCKGW posted:

No one is moving to LA to play second fiddle to the Rams. The Rams belong to LA and if anyone else wants to be second rate NFL team in this market until the end of time then lol.

lol if you think the NFL owners care about anything other than what the franchise value is worth.

Both the Chargers and Raiders value would go up by at least 50% with the move

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

kiimo posted:

All of California really. And Mexico now that I think about it.

edit: move the Raiders to Baja. Los Raiders de Rosarito.

Rosarito . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . SHOW ME YOUR EYEPATCHES

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Parmesan Basil posted:

Oh man could you imagine Smith wasting Nuk? Talk about a tragedy.

Probably less tragic than Hoyer/Mallet/Weeden/whoever else we trotted out last year.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

We should really build a stadium into that yucca mountain nuclear waste site since they're not going to use it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bullet train from la and lv to nuke town is what I say

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
https://twitter.com/DerekNBCSD/status/691769679375941632

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Chargers should just do like the 1899 Cleveland Spiders and play all road games in 2016.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bawfuls posted:

Chargers should just do like the 1899 Cleveland Spiders and play all road games in 2016.

So just like the 2015 Chargers?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I wonder if a lame duck Chargers season in San Diego would draw better or worse than that one season the Oilers played in Memphis.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kevyn posted:

I wonder if a lame duck Chargers season in San Diego would draw better or worse than that one season the Oilers played in Memphis.

Considering the Chargers home slate next year?

WAY worse.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm going to try and go to a Charger game next year, I would like to see for myself.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Rick posted:

I'm going to try and go to a Charger game next year, I would like to see for myself.

more like by yourself

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Raku posted:

more like by yourself

Rude.

I'll be there

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
I'm willing to bet they won't be able to give tickets away for 2016 unless Spanos and the city commit to making a deal.

And yeah I'll be there too.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

I'm willing to bet they won't be able to give tickets away for 2016 unless Spanos and the city commit to making a deal.

And yeah I'll be there too.

we should have a goonmeet at mcgregors to watch the draft

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
What's the saddest and loneliest game going to be? Maybe I can work it around doing some work in Yuma so I can get paid for half the trip.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rick posted:

What's the saddest and loneliest game going to be? Maybe I can work it around doing some work in Yuma so I can get paid for half the trip.

We host the Jaguars.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ross Angeles posted:

We host the Jaguars.
I dunno about that.
If this guys shows up and you are in the same frame...

That's instant meme recognition & superiority.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ross Angeles posted:

We host the Jaguars.

Nah. Has to be the home Raiders game, right? All the awkwardness of a cancelled wedding between two runaways.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Nah. Has to be the home Raiders game, right? All the awkwardness of a cancelled wedding between two runaways.

I don't think that's how raiders fans work

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Kevyn posted:

I was at one of those Liberty Bowl games and the stadium was close to empty.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Robnoxious posted:

I dunno about that.
If this guys shows up and you are in the same frame...

That's instant meme recognition & superiority.

this is my favorite football gif ever

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

MechaFrogzilla posted:

I liken that game to more of a post breakup hatefucking. It should be fun at least for one side.

The Jaguars game looks to be simply depressing no matter who wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FCKGW posted:

Bullet train from la and lv to nuke town is what I say

Bullet Train To Nuke Town is an excellent Dethklok song.

Approved.

• Locked thread