Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Joe Rogan has been complaining about feminism for at least 3 years now and he still doesn't know what the word means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Keg posted:

Joe Rogan has been complaining about feminism for at least 3 years now and he still doesn't know what the word means.

Look I'm all for the genders being equal, equal rights and all of that, but some of these people,

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
I really hope he has Milo Y back on soon to talk about the White Male Privilege Scholarship Fund :allears:

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stanhope returns to the show tonight at 9pm.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

bango skank posted:

Will be my first time listening to the JRE in months. Especially with Doug in a very weird place and mood these days.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Piquai Souban posted:

Will be my first time listening to the JRE in months. Especially with Doug in a very weird place and mood these days.

I don't keep up with Stanhope as well as I should. What do you mean?

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

hot sauce posted:

I don't keep up with Stanhope as well as I should. What do you mean?

I dunno about the rest of it, but recently he and his girlfriend Bingo broke up. He cheated on her with a lady he met on a cruise ship and Bingo left him for a homeless guitar player

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
I need this so badly.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

bango skank posted:

Oh, poo poo. I know what I'll be listening to at work tomorrow.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Sign me the gently caress up. I rarely listen nowadays but Stanhope is incredible if only for the reason he always forgets that he's supposed to treat Joe as the Alpha Male which creates some interesting behind the curtain moments. Toss in some personal misery and it's bound to up the ante since gloom and despair are basically fuel to him.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Law Cheetah posted:

I dunno about the rest of it, but recently he and his girlfriend Bingo broke up. He cheated on her with a lady he met on a cruise ship and Bingo left him for a homeless guitar player

Noooooo. They were perfect for eachother :saddowns: This is gonna be a good loving show, though.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006

Law Cheetah posted:

They discuss this on episode 120 of the DS podcast. Apparently Doug cheated on Bingo in a hilariously inept way on a booze cruise, but Bingo revealed she was going to leave him for the homeless guitar player soon anyways. It's half a funny podcast, half Bingo talking about extreme mental health issues and how she will commit suicide soon with Doug interjecting Squarespace ads throughout all of it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^Yeah, I listened last week and it's certainly a hell of a ride.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Double posting to let everyone know the intro/ads on the Stanhope episode last 30min, so fast forward accordingly.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Law Cheetah posted:

Can someone fill me in on why this was a big deal? I thought she hosed other people sometimes, a bus driver seems to come to mind?, and that they basically weren't loving anyway anymore.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Apoplexy posted:

Can someone fill me in on why this was a big deal? I thought she hosed other people sometimes, a bus driver seems to come to mind?, and that they basically weren't loving anyway anymore.
Bingo was gonna leave anyway because she's kind of gone off the rails (even more). She thinks her new boyfriend IS Doug (she has episodes where she confuses people for one another). She said she used to be able to blame it on being hosed up on drugs, but she sobered up and was even more confused, ("There's no way this is all real. A small-town girl like me doesn't hang out with Johnny Depp. There's no way Johnny Depp read my book.") She basically just snapped when she found her friend's body after he killed himself a year or so ago and has been getting worse and worse. Not exactly a traditional breakup.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
They hung out with Johnny Depp?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I literally just Googled up the two names. Apparently he's a huge Stanhope fan and wants to do a TV project with him in-between just hanging out? Jesus Christ did Doug hit it huge. And behaves just like you imagined he would: Still going on JRE and trolling the tweeter.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Yeah, Stanhope and Depp are legit friends. Doug was amazed that Johnny had never been to Target before, so there are a bunch of pictures out there of the two of them pushing around a red cart and loving off, surrounded by body guards.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Also, Doug took his teenage niece on some surprise trip to Australia, where she didn't realize they were meeting up with Depp on whatever project. He was tweeting every step of the trip up to surprise reveal.

The Depp/Stanhope connection is pretty amazing.

As great as Stanhope is, as I've drifted away from JRE a bit, there's something nice about hearing the two of them bro out over the Man Show days. Enjoyed as much of the show as I heard already.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

#751 is 5 stars. Don't miss it. They talk robo tripping, egg mcmuffins, menstealya/amy schumer, Hennigan asked Hogan a bunch of personal questions, also they did DMT when they realized the man show was off the rails and bill hicks winked at Doug. Don't miss it.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Is it just me or does Doug's voice sound very different on the latest JRE?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

He was drinking jack daniels from the bottle, his voice was shite

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
During the Mark Sisson episode, Joe seemed shocked that there's sugar in honey.

Mark Sisson is a crazy person. Why isn't there a health nut out there who doesn't subscribe to at least a handful of pseudoscience garbage?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Hannibal Burrrrrress is up

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Was surprised Bingo didn't come up in the Stanhope episode.

Pocket Billiards posted:

Excited to listen tomorrow

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Pocket Billiards posted:

The episode was good.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
Anyone else getting tired of Joey Diaz? I used to listen to his podcast but recently had to unsubscribe because he's like a broken record. Tells the same stories over and over, repeats the same catchphrases, plays the same music repeatedly, and acts like he's a criminal mastermind. Seems way too proud of his past days and I get the feeling he's exaggerating things. I do find the guy funny and will listen to him when he's a guest on someone else's podcast, but can't take his own podcast anymore.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I could never get into his show because of his sidekick's goony voice

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've never loved him. He can be okay, but all too often he just comes across as "I have things to say and will shout them over you" guy to me.

McJuicy
May 9, 2008
I love how hosed up Lee gets. He is pretty naive though, I feel like I could reach through my headphones and take his wallet.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009
I do like the dynamic of Lee and Joey but the podcast is--like someone else mentioned--mostly just Joey talking over everyone and saying the same poo poo. I seemed to enjoy the older episodes more when Joey would get mad at Lee for not banging his roomate and back before Lee could handle the edibles.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

wolfbiker posted:

Anyone else getting tired of Joey Diaz? I used to listen to his podcast but recently had to unsubscribe because he's like a broken record. Tells the same stories over and over, repeats the same catchphrases, plays the same music repeatedly, and acts like he's a criminal mastermind. Seems way too proud of his past days and I get the feeling he's exaggerating things. I do find the guy funny and will listen to him when he's a guest on someone else's podcast, but can't take his own podcast anymore.

you can replace "Joey Diaz" with "Joe Rogan" and all of this still applies to the JRE

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Joey reading out the ads is gold when go wonders off the script.

wolfbiker
Nov 6, 2009

-Atom- posted:

you can replace "Joey Diaz" with "Joe Rogan" and all of this still applies to the JRE

Haha, some of it, yes, though you could probably apply it to any podcast where a host has a multiple-hour conversation with a guest for hundreds of episodes.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Has Joe honestly got no idea how to say "Key and Peele"?

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

I was baffled by that too...like how could he not know? Also loving peon Uber drivers trying to talk as equals to their betters

sweet_jones
Jan 1, 2007

wolfbiker posted:

I'm still subscribed for the (repetitive but occasionally great) motivational speech openers, but rarely will listen to more than that. "Wash your pussy! Salute the flag! Stab someone!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I still listen to Joey's podcast. He does repeat stories but listening to him talk still makes me laugh.

Piquai Souban posted:

How did he say it?