Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

By the way, this is how you turn a negative into a positive. Apparently the Survivors Series had no chance of selling out in Cleveland, but Vince wanted the PPV audience to see a full house. So he gave thousands of tickets to Kiwanis Clubs and Lions Clubs to give to kids, got lots of goodwill in the town for the gesture, and got his full house to boot. . Coliseum video is coming out with a Best of George Steele tape and also WWF's Most Embarrassing moments. Are you sure that isn't the same tape?

oh my god

quote:

I wonder if you realize how incredibly offensive it is to refer to a wrestling match as a ''total abortion'' Speaking from personal experience, an abortion bears absolutely no resemblance to a wrestling match, no matter how bad the match may have been. Since, by most estimates, 25 percent of all pregnancies end in abortion, you have probably offended more than one female reader.

Name withheld by request

DM: I apologize for that one and will quit using the term. Actually the term abortion for a bad match is a business term just like jobber, mark, babyface and the rest. But there are a few business terms (mainly for ethnic wrestlers and ethnic fans) which are in bad taste that I don't use, so I'll add that one to the list.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god Granny's call on WOL today

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's not Putin.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Glad to see the trend of terrible Bryan Alvarez scoops continue

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
what are the business terms for ethnic fans

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bury Mark, imo.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
lol at how miserable Brian and Vinny are. if you couldn't enjoy that Rumble I don't know what you want from one.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

it sounded like they enjoyed it to me? they had criticisms but it wasn't overflowing. mark was the one who was kind of annoyingly negative.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Listening to Observer Radio, I was kinda amazed to hear Dave just let Bryan talk at length without interruption.... then it goes quiet and Bryan says,"Okay we're back now, had some technical difficulties and Dave got dropped off the line." :xd:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Mark would be good if they brought him on for one 5-10 minute segment, let him do a big rant and then go away.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Cardboard Box posted:

it sounded like they enjoyed it to me? they had criticisms but it wasn't overflowing. mark was the one who was kind of annoyingly negative.

yeah i guess, i don't remember them ever saying it was a good show or anything.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Spermgod posted:

They were starting to talk at the very beginning about how good of a show it was before Mark went on his filibuster

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Mark's got his gimmick, which doesn't work after shows that are actually good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Spermgod posted:

Vinny didn't act like the show was giving him clinical depression which was a change.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Haha at Dave reviewing Saturday Night Live like a wrestling show

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

Haha came here to post this as well. I want him to review regular tv shows every week

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I want to read Dave reviewing more pop culture events using wrestling terminology.

"Kanye broke kayfabe and went into business for himself(not unusual), he grabbed the mic and did an impromptu shoot interview where he put over Beyonce'. Swift, who looked like Wendi Richter after the screwjob title loss to 'The Spider Lady', will probably be fine in the long run as this won't derail her push. Kanye got a lot of heat over the incident but will most likely continue to be booked at the VMAs because he draws well."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Under the vegetable posted:

what are the business terms for ethnic fans

you can skim through the first 30 pages of the turner diaries and pick out most of them.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

I want to read Dave reviewing more pop culture events using wrestling terminology.

"Kanye broke kayfabe and went into business for himself(not unusual), he grabbed the mic and did an impromptu shoot interview where he put over Beyonce'. Swift, who looked like Wendi Richter after the screwjob title loss to 'The Spider Lady', will probably be fine in the long run as this won't derail her push. Kanye got a lot of heat over the incident but will most likely continue to be booked at the VMAs because he draws well."

Would he rate yesterday's AFC title game ****1/4

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

PaybackJack posted:

Holy poo poo this is funny.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Vertical Lime posted:

Would he rate yesterday's AFC title game ****1/4

Definitely loses half a star for that nasty botch on the extra point

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I watched the trailer for Mark's movie and it looks terrible

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Question for the Pisscast: we've seen two men kiss Brock Lesnar at a PPV (Kurt Angle and now Bray Wyatt). What other men do you want to see kiss Lesnar before his contract runs out? Would you want it to be an angry kiss or a passionate kiss?

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I want a granny review of the Rumble this week. She has the network now so it seems possible.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The B/V breakdown of how awful a night Dolph had was hilarious. Also, Mark is great. I wouldn't want him on regularly because it would mean he would have to watch the show regularly which would ruin a large portion of the fun, and his life, but drat I love his yearly appearance.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I've been unsubbed for a few weeks which episode is this?

Rick fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jan 25, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Rick posted:

The B/V breakdown of how awful a night Dolph had was hilarious. Also, Mark is great. I wouldn't want him on regularly because it would mean he would have to watch the show regularly which would ruin a large portion of the fun, and his life, but drat I love his yearly appearance.

I've been unsubbed for a few weeks which episode is this?

It's at the very end of today's podcast between Bryan and Dave. It's not very long, but I loved the "Selena Gomez came off more like a star" comment.

Also I couldn't stand the B&V show because of that more retarded Bobcat Goldthwait character. A rant segment would have been fine but he just wrecked the whole thing.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

PaybackJack posted:

Bryan: Why is Kanye up there at all, though? If Beyonce and Taylor are both so over, why do they have to go head to head at all? Why can't they just make different categories, so they can both win VMAs. The fans certainly don't want them to go head to head, so why do it at all?! It baffles me!
Dave: Right now, that's just the mentality. They want these two stars to go head to head, and then only one of them get interview time. Obviously, you should want them both to be on stage to get interview time, because they are both so over, but for whatever reason, that's the way it's booked.
Bryan: How about that

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Akileese posted:

I want a granny review of the Rumble this week. She has the network now so it seems possible.

According to the live show last night you'll be getting this treat on Thursday

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
She was bummed when Ambrose didn't win :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dsriggs posted:

She was bummed when Ambrose didn't win :smith:

This is why Granny has a gang, because she's knows what's up :c00l:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Mark is awful

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

hes a lot better than you

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Mark was WACKY.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

HerraS posted:

hes a lot better than you

objectively false

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

81sidewinder posted:

objectively false

you probably think Romans bad too!!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mark is the guy on the left

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
How has Bryan not heard of WrestleFest? HOW

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010