Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

Chiwie posted:

He ran away from signing our glistening space dong treaty and we pretty much ruined PAX AUS for him. poo poo ruled. Also getting a class of avionics engineers to draw it was hilarious.

Leave room for the signatures next time. I couldn't even fit my John Han- on that thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
So listening to this poo poo in the background, they're basically ripping off Elite: Dangerous's system of bounties to try and enforce some player behavior.

Innovation!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

i submit that there has never been a good space game

kerbal space program is awesome

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

wyoak posted:

drat, ok

there has never been more than one good space sim

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

So Star Marine in "cancelled" then. IE, what you see is what you get, again.

No no, not at all - you see Chris explains it - it's not cancelled, it's just the opposite! It's actually finished! Millions of people are simply remembering it wrong! It's all very innocent, you see. Just a massive misunderstanding of a million people. Could happen to any company with development this open.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Scruffpuff posted:

Yeah I skipped ahead. So now the narrative is that Star Marine was never going to actually be a thing - it was basically just shorthand for the fact that there'd be FPS in the game. Well, 2.1 has FPS, so Bingo! Star Marine delivered, promises met!

I specifically remember their site having a whole section on Star Marine so I went to check it out - amazingly enough, it's gone, and that part of the site was replaced with the push for SQ42.

:laffo::laffo:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Scruffpuff posted:

No no, not at all - you see Chris explains it - it's not cancelled, it's just the opposite! It's actually finished! Millions of people are simply remembering it wrong! It's all very innocent, you see. Just a massive misunderstanding of a million people. Could happen to any company with development this open.

Well that's good to hear, and I'm glad he corrected that.

It's too bad they couldn't get crosshairs working before they completely released the FPS huh. Oh well, maybe for the DLC.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Star Marine is out guys! gj croberts! This is really on part with Battlefield and CoD. In many ways, I think it's even better than Battlefield and CoD. Thanks again croberts for making our dreams a reality!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

https://youtu.be/GGreb21dKdg?t=1111

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Well that's good to hear, and I'm glad he corrected that.

It's too bad they couldn't get crosshairs working before they completely released the FPS huh. Oh well, maybe for the DLC.

See, it's actually very good news. I wish he had expanded upon the stealthy stuff, when do we get the stealthy stuff patch? I wanna put down a hologram of myself and party like it's 1996.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

Yeah I skipped ahead. So now the narrative is that Star Marine was never going to actually be a thing - it was basically just shorthand for the fact that there'd be FPS in the game. Well, 2.1 has FPS, so Bingo! Star Marine delivered, promises met!

I specifically remember their site having a whole section on Star Marine so I went to check it out - amazingly enough, it's gone, and that part of the site was replaced with the push for SQ42.

hahahahah croberts you are shameless

2DCAT posted:

Star Marine is out guys! gj croberts! This is really on part with Battlefield and CoD. In many ways, I think it's even better than Battlefield and CoD. Thanks again croberts for making our dreams a reality!

its blowing away COD. watch out activision, your days are numbered

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

Collectible, procedurally generated fauna confirmed!

Space flowers? Space car jacking? WTF.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Scruffpuff posted:

See, it's actually very good news. I wish he had expanded upon the stealthy stuff, when do we get the stealthy stuff patch? I wanna put down a hologram of myself and party like it's 1996.

Well, from my understanding they are still patching in the holographic doors, so after all the doors are done. Do you have a link to say the waybackmachine or something to the previous Star Marine pages?

...It's kinda funny, I have absolutely no idea what the actual FPS module was promising beyond guns in space. So your comment about stealthy stuff/fake holographs and poo poo, could easily have been promised and I'd have no idea

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

2DCAT posted:

My favorite part about Star Marine is the shotgun

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

G0RF posted:

You say "backpedaling", they say "revamping"...

So its broke and we don't know how to fix it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Scruffpuff posted:

Shake 'em, baby!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

you have fps

you have boarding

wow 2 promises done in a day. good work crobbers

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

wyoak posted:

Because Jebidiah looks so happy even whilst spinning out of control in a failed experimental build I'll expend any amount of effort, money, fuel and other kerbal's to rescue his little green rear end.

Basically he's a yes man, like Ben.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Scruffpuff posted:

:laffo: Croberts doesn't even care anymore. You got your minimally viable product Shitizens, deal with it!

Can't wait for the announcement that the cargo system is already in the game because you can glitch a vending machine into a ship through the use of lovely physics!

SC delivers!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Scruffpuff posted:

AAAHAHAHAHA. I love this so much. Watch how fast the sperg hive whiplashes around to support their cult leader. Hopefully it's fast enough to snap their pencil loving necks.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

hahahaha

holy poo poo

he literally says he did it, he enacted the fps he promised

not even a vent to crawl through

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Well, from my understanding they are still patching in the holographic doors, so after all the doors are done. Do you have a link to say the waybackmachine or something to the previous Star Marine pages?

...It's kinda funny, I have absolutely no idea what the actual FPS module was promising beyond guns in space. So your comment about stealthy stuff/fake holographs and poo poo, could easily have been promised and I'd have no idea

I've been trying to find those pages without luck. I can help you on the "stealthy stuff" though:

http://wccftech.com/star-citizen-fps-gameplay-lethal-call-duty-stealthy-stuff/

Also required reading:

http://www.pcgamer.com/inside-squadron-42-star-citizens-ambitious-singleplayer-campaign/#page-1

Pay special attention to the end of the article, after the PCGamer reviewer spends the whole thing gushing about how awesome it all is (SQ42, their "ambitious single-player campaign"), in the penultimate paragraph he admits that he didn't see a single piece of it. It was just described to him by a developer.

Scruffpuff fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 26, 2016

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
I just want to take a moment here to congratulate Chris Roberts and the rest of the team on delivering Star Marine. I no longer have any doubts in this project, if they delivered Star Marine then obviously they can deliver everything else as well!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

fuzzknot posted:

Space flowers? Space car jacking? WTF.
Flowers to start, maybe not every flower in a field of procedurally generated flowers (unless Bethesda ends up doing that and then GAME ON.)

But don't forget the hunting of procedurally generated alien life forms. You'll be bagging alien pelts, skins, teeth as well.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
This is good for star citizen

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Scruffpuff posted:

Have you checked the Wayback Machine? There might be a cache of the page.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Hey has there been any updates on that one UK goon who filed a lawsuit? Last time I checked an intent to sue was issued

They gave him full refund last week. In person.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

It was our idea from the very start ! See ? Everything on schedule !

loving called it !

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, this is the first time I watch 10 for the chairman. Are you basically telling me that every freaking week Croberts gets in from of the camera and adds* months of extra promises to the content he is supposed to deliver? Holy poo poo!

*with the exception of star marine, which was only a side-project that they were making while they managed to put everything together and now that everything is together there is no need for it.

Edit: Hey, Beer, for this special occasion can't you make one of your recaps this poo poo?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 26, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42oaju/10_for_the_chairman_episode_75/

these comments are really weird. lmao at the gushing over roberts telling them what they wanted to hear

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Google Butt posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42oaju/10_for_the_chairman_episode_75/

these comments are really weird. lmao at the gushing over roberts telling them what they wanted to hear

Sunk Cost Fallacy is a hell of a thing.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I don't have a lot of time to go trawling through internet archives.

But here's a thing from August of last year.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160118144412/https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14903-Star-Marine-Status-Update

Glad to see that they got through all these blockers to give us what we have now. How about that cover system, hows that working for everyone? How about the selective firing modes on the P4AR, how are those all going?

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
Posted 4 hours ago in a Star Marine thread:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Eonwe posted:

drat, ok

there has never been more than one good space sim

gotta ask you to slow your roll here buddy, Star Control 2 is the best space game ever made

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Now all Star Citizens know what everyone who visited the Wizard of Oz felt like. The very thing they wanted? Why, they had it all along :allears:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
"With SC Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do from Star Citizen from the very very very beginning." - Chris Roberts, 2016-01-25

There you go guys. You've got your game. Refund denied.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
gently caress YEAH!!

somebody shop crobbers mushmouth face on that poo poo stat. i gotta go eat out at a restaurant and try to hide my boner.

Toops fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 26, 2016

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Looking through these star marine updates, I don't know how I could have been so blinded that it was already released. For example:

"Where Star Marine differs from Arena Commander is that we’re not launching it in its most basic game. Instead, we’re trying for something more. It includes animation fidelity and attention to detail that you wouldn’t normally expect in an “alpha” gameplay module. There’s even an entire sci-fi sports game with zero-G movement fully simulated and animated in there! (And don’t worry, there’s traditional FPS action too… with some new ideas that aim to set Star Citizen apart from the crowd.)"

I mean, just look at the animation fidelity and attention to detail in pgabz vids again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go1oFvxUoeI

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

spacetoaster posted:

I can't believe he just did that. I can't wait for the mental gymnastics to start and we find how from the citizens how this was the plain all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

spacetoaster posted:

What a scumbag

• Locked thread