Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
What's a good low life MF build? Just got a shavs, I was thinking maybe arc or something but I'm not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Infinite Monkeys posted:

What's a good low life MF build? Just got a shavs, I was thinking maybe arc or something but I'm not sure.

EK or Bladefall using unique flasks like Ghudda

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
For anyone else like me who was stuck a a level and finding it really unfun, join the guild and ask for some helps. Guild members fussed over my gear and worked out what needed replacing (everything) and offered advice on what to replace it with. Some even offering some ok replacements out of their spares. In about 30 minutes my dps went from 1300 to 5200 and I like this game again.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
mise well join the guild, mine is defunct or more like d3funct

please invite RunningWithTalismans

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
All of the characters which I lost in THC in the last month, died around lv 65 - 75 and all died because of one thing: overconfidence. I just loving hate the feeling when my character is powerful enough to steam-roll through the content only to find a nasty surprise because I'm speeding way too fast.

So far I lost:

* a ranger - Bladefall-miner with Tremor Rod, died in lv. 4 map. All eq was worth few c, character was super powerful however my defense was based on evasion - Thraxia brought me to ~200 hp with one volley and finished with a second one. That was the first time I even got character so far and started doing maps, so was kind of shocked when it happened - eve having Grace + Vaal Grace running didn't helped.

* Scion - double physical Siege Ballistas. Once more, died due to speeding way to fast through content. Mispositioned myself in a Haku mission, was sniped by some kick-rear end totem from a screen away while dealing with corrupted blood.

* Marauder - Essence Drain / Contagion, though I was leveling with 2-handed weapons. Level ~68, just spent ~2ex on eq and respec'd to ED. Killed Dominus in Merc, was going through the Aqueduct. Flamedashed one too many times into a corner with some fracture rare and talisman monster. 4k HP, ~45% armor reduction and maxed resists lasted 2 seconds. ED sucks when you need a quick spike of damage.

* Duelist - Facebreaker. Armor based defence + really high block chance, ok hp pool, etc. While in maps, somehow stacked bleeding + DoT damage Bonespire talisman. Flask removed bleeding, but it was a fraction of a second too late.

Trying to do that Marauder once more as I really liked the build, though I need to have a break every half an hour, just not too feel too confident when smashing mobs.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jan 25, 2016

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Koala/drop bear/plummeting ursa pet for australia day:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1574702

Quite tempted actually, it looks mental. The running animation is a bit rubbish though.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I can't play Hardcore because I like pushing the limits of my characters ... not finding them.

And because I too often stand in chaos patches while looting.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It's 14 bucks us, though. Like, goddamn that is a lot for a thing that I often mistake for an enemy.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

kaaj posted:

All of the characters which I lost in THC in the last month, died around lv 65 - 75 and all died because of one thing: overconfidence. I just loving hate the feeling when my character is powerful enough to steam-roll through the content only to find a nasty surprise because I'm speeding way too fast.

I'm guilty of the same thing and there are situations where you are utterly irreparably dead before realizing it, but having 3 seething/bubbling flasks has pulled me out of otherwise suicidal fuckups. Mashing all 3 repeatedly can buy you a few seconds to maybe not die from being a giant idiot.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I got stuck in a corner in a pack of like 20 Frost Bearers on a -max resist Necropolis Map. I am clearly not the kind of player to play HC when I do poo poo like that.

Also sometimes I like doing stupid poo poo like trying to kill a +boss damage +boss speed Academy map boss on a crit + crit multi map. It's pretty obvious I'm gonna die basically immediately to it but I just want to see how bad it is. On the other hand I did -max resist double boss Shipyard boss pretty easily for the twinned kill, that boss is way easier than it deserves to be for the map tier.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Going "well what did i think was gonna happen" is the cornerstone of the hc xperience

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I've just seen that Koala pet. If that's how Koalas run, I don't want to meet one in real life.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqQL-1gZF8

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Quick check: I'm level 65 as a tornado shot ranger, I have 2.5k health, estimated 35% evasion, the whole acrobatics cluster, 2.5% regen, capped resists except Fire, three magic level 60 flasks, and Arctic Armor. Does that sound about right, except for the resists? I got killed a fair amount through late act 3 merciless.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Quick check: I'm level 65 as a tornado shot ranger, I have 2.5k health, estimated 35% evasion, the whole acrobatics cluster, 2.5% regen, capped resists except Fire, three magic level 60 flasks, and Arctic Armor. Does that sound about right, except for the resists? I got killed a fair amount through late act 3 merciless.

Your life should be closer to 4k. Your evasion is also kinda on the low side. It should be closer to 40-45%

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

It looks like I have about 100% increased life from nodes so I'm assuming gear is a problem, especially since I'm still using leveling uniques in three spots (Fairgreave's, Auresize, Wurm's Molt)

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

You want like 140%-150% life from nodes in the end and you should put life on gear slots that can get them. The gear alone will only get you to like 3200.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

It looks like I have about 100% increased life from nodes so I'm assuming gear is a problem, especially since I'm still using leveling uniques in three spots (Fairgreave's, Auresize, Wurm's Molt)

You need about 150%.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Your issue might also be one of dps, whats the tool tip dps of your tornado shot?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Tshot is just about 2k DPS, Frenzy at 3.2k, plus six max frenzy charges and blood rage (if I'm not worried about survivability.)

Is there a way to just link a character's gear? I can find it on their website but I cant figure out how to link that character's gear publicly.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Tshot is just about 2k DPS, Frenzy at 3.2k, plus six max frenzy charges and blood rage (if I'm not worried about survivability.)

Is there a way to just link a character's gear? I can find it on their website but I cant figure out how to link that character's gear publicly.

Get a better bow and a 5l, join guild and see if someone can hook you up. I was at 63 and with a 5l and a good bow my tshot was 5k or so. Keep up Herald of ash, Hate and blood rage and youll hit 7-8k.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Oh is the standard guild active at all, I assumed most people were in the league. Character name is Mara_Shepard. I'm still using a 4L; along with Arctic Armor and Hatred.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Oh is the standard guild active at all, I assumed most people were in the league. Character name is Mara_Shepard. I'm still using a 4L; along with Arctic Armor and Hatred.

League is active (thats where I am) But I assume someone may still be able to help out.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

StashAugustine posted:

Click your account name at the top of the poe website, then the characters tab, then the specific one.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

You gotta set your profile to public.

StashAugustine posted:

It's all 1 guild.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008
I'm really hitting a wall at T8/T9 maps with my fakener (LordFartButt).

Profile Link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ImsaKidd/characters

Not sure if there are talent/gear changes I could make, or I just need to be better mechanically with bosses/mobs/etc.

Current Merciless stats are: 72/75/75 fire/cold/lightning, -12 chaos, 2.6k life, 3.8k ES.

Normally use Discipline/Blasphemy Warlord's. I saw a lot of people use Purity of Fire/Lightning- maybe I should get rid of Warlord's for those instead? That would reduce resist needs on gear too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ranzear posted:

I can't play Hardcore because I like pushing the limits of my characters ... not finding them.

And because I too often stand in chaos patches while looting.

Same here, I'd rather play it fast and loose and try to take on something challenging instead of avoiding anything challenging and alt-F4'ing the game as soon as something too tough is found.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

fast and loose

Goddamn right.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I've got at on of old (pre-Awakening) maps, is there any reason to use/not use them?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
A thought: the character list at the selection screen should display their bandit quests with little icons next to the name.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

ronya posted:

A thought: the character list at the selection screen should display their bandit quests with little icons next to the name.

Why the select screen? It would make more sense to put that in game on like misc, or a little panel on the passive page

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
So I wouldn't have to log through each one to find out what they have.

In-game, you can already just hit the waypoint screen and flip through Act II. Although, yeah, it should be in /passives or something.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I thought it was in /passives?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
It isn't - /passives will tell you whether you got Eramir, but not which of the bandits you aided. Yeah. I dunno why, either.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

StashAugustine posted:

I personally skip the last 4 nodes to phase acrobatics, you should be zipping around with +50 movespeed or so to avoid any spells and tank the rest with capped resists

those 4 nodes could be more health to make that even easier

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

The Real Foogla posted:

I personally skip the last 4 nodes to phase acrobatics, you should be zipping around with +50 movespeed or so to avoid any spells and tank the rest with capped resists

those 4 nodes could be more health to make that even easier

:confused: This sounds like an incredibly bad idea.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Count Uvula posted:

:confused: This sounds like an incredibly bad idea.

my split shotter is close to 90 now, never had a problem

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
they're going to hit Discharge or Voll's Protector or Voll's Devotion or Blade Vortex with the nerfhammer, hard. maybe all four.

I just wish I knew what's going to happen before investing in a build. if they crimp just Blade Vortex alone, then discharge mjolner is still going to be safe. But I could see them nerfing Discharge into the ground and then some, seeing that it's a skill designed for an age when you had to generate every charge one by one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ronya posted:

they're going to hit Discharge or Voll's Protector or Voll's Devotion or Blade Vortex with the nerfhammer, hard. maybe all four.

I just wish I knew what's going to happen before investing in a build. if they crimp just Blade Vortex alone, then discharge mjolner is still going to be safe. But I could see them nerfing Discharge into the ground and then some, seeing that it's a skill designed for an age when you had to generate every charge one by one.

Do you play standard? If not who cares. Go hogwild on whatever is over powered and do it again next league. poo poo I'm using my exalts now to finish off getting the last 2 challenges to have 32 because I don't play standard and my voltaxic dude is more or less built.

Doubt they will nerf volls neck. It's hard to get and not common. Blade vortex will probably be toned down though.

• Locked thread