Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

AxisofIdiocy posted:

Still stitching together more tf2 stream snipes, but they probably won't be done before this thread closes out.

But I do still want to throw down a nice sendoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA-c7AtRjfc

I'm only familiar with base TF2, so can someone explain why her spy-check didn't work? Is there some special item or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Dick Burglar posted:

I'm only familiar with base TF2, so can someone explain why her spy-check didn't work? Is there some special item or something?

It looks like she might have just missed him.

EDIT: Oh yeah, or below.

Nickiepoo fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 25, 2016

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Dick Burglar posted:

Hitting a disguised spy with a weapon gives no indication if the hits are actually hitting an enemy or not (no pings or damage counters) and a small volley with a syringe gun wont kill a spy. So if you keep your cool you might be able to trick people.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Dick Burglar posted:

Unless your weapon applies a status effect like burning or bleeding hitting a spy looks exactly like hitting a member of your own team, and the weapon she was using is one of the least powerful in the game so it didn't kill him or even really hurt him that much.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Hihohe posted:

Hitting a disguised spy with a weapon gives no indication if the hits are actually hitting an enemy or not (no pings or damage counters) and a small volley with a syringe gun wont kill a spy. So if you keep your cool you might be able to trick people.

But that's a blutsauger. Wouldn't she have gotten healed if it were indeed an enemy?

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I haven't played TF2 since like months after its release so I guess I was going off TFC where you spewed blood whenever you were hurt. Good to know.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Segmentation Fault posted:

But that's a blutsauger. Wouldn't she have gotten healed if it were indeed an enemy?

It doesn't heal if it is a disguised spy.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

No you don't get heal effects from hitting a disguised spy for whatever reason.

TF2 is honestly really weird about what gives spies away because you get stuff like the game giving you a killstreak/head for activating the spy's fake death, and not getting ubercharge for hitting a disguised spy with the ubersaw, which make sure the spy keeps his cover under really niche circumstances, but then you also have stuff like not being able to walk through spies like you can your own teammates, which gives everyone a perfectly reliable spycheck option if they just try bumping into them.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

cock hero flux posted:

No you don't get heal effects from hitting a disguised spy for whatever reason.

TF2 is honestly really weird about what gives spies away because you get stuff like the game giving you a killstreak/head for activating the spy's fake death, and not getting ubercharge for hitting a disguised spy with the ubersaw, which make sure the spy keeps his cover under really niche circumstances, but then you also have stuff like not being able to walk through spies like you can your own teammates, which gives everyone a perfectly reliable spycheck option if they just try bumping into them.

Considering how that video ended, this method doesn't seem particularly wise.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
As far as Space Station 13 goes, you used to be able to make fractal cooking. This happened because of an oversight: sandwiches had names based off the ingredients in them (up to six), so you'd normally have, say, "peanut butter and ketchup and mayonaise and tomato and lettuce and bananna sandwich on plain bread" or whatever. This became exploitable via two things: first off, a cake recipe that would take any single food item, and second, the deep frier. When stuffed in a deep frier, any object becomes a food item (becoming deep fried/fried/lightly fried (item name)). You then put this into the cake recipe, baked the cake, then cut the cake into slices, deep fried the slices, added them (and possibly even more ingredients) to a new sandwich, deep fried the sandwich, rinse and repeat.

The eventual result was horrific non-euclidean abominations such as this:

Note that that is by FAR not even all of that particular sandwich's name, it's just all of it that would fit in the chat buffer :v:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

TheRagamuffin posted:

Considering how that video ended, this method doesn't seem particularly wise.

Nah, it works fine. You just have to not stand perfectly still and let them walk around behind you and stab you in the rear end.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1miMPQ7B3g

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Teleport traps are some of the best low-effort griefs, and it's always fun when new official maps have them.

Even in those that don't, you can make them with slopes by putting the exit below the entrance.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

One of the best ever. I can't not laugh at it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

-Troika- posted:

As far as Space Station 13 goes, you used to be able to make fractal cooking. This happened because of an oversight: sandwiches had names based off the ingredients in them (up to six), so you'd normally have, say, "peanut butter and ketchup and mayonaise and tomato and lettuce and bananna sandwich on plain bread" or whatever. This became exploitable via two things: first off, a cake recipe that would take any single food item, and second, the deep frier. When stuffed in a deep frier, any object becomes a food item (becoming deep fried/fried/lightly fried (item name)). You then put this into the cake recipe, baked the cake, then cut the cake into slices, deep fried the slices, added them (and possibly even more ingredients) to a new sandwich, deep fried the sandwich, rinse and repeat.

The eventual result was horrific non-euclidean abominations such as this:

Note that that is by FAR not even all of that particular sandwich's name, it's just all of it that would fit in the chat buffer :v:

Sounds like something the foreverally delitized guy would write.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I probably should have elaborated on how making these was griefing: they filled up the entire chat buffer with pages and pages of sandwich name whenever they were intereacted with in any way. Amongst other things, people have done things like bring them to life (causing them to attack unfortunate passers-by) or even just throw them at people and then murder them while their client slows to a crawl.

Hell, you could grief people just by eating one normally.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bound check your null-terminated strings, kids.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
That's one hell of a red text.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Other horrors of science from SS13: there is a chemistry recipe that produces life when you mix the ingredients and add heat. Literally, it spawns either a meat cube, or one of many mobs (which are usually hostile). One player found a way to cause the spawned creatures to a) have the chemicals for life inside them and b) spawn while on fire. Cue an expanding explosion of flaming mobs that would scream, attack unfortunate passersby, then gib into more of themselves, expanding more or less exponentially.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can we have that quote from the defeated admin talking about how he job restricted 2 players who then ended up making nuclear bombs out of potato chips? Also an explanation of how they did it would be cool too. Edit: here it is.

"I couldn't figure out how you goatfuckers STILL managed to be terrorists with potato chips and water. YOU FOUND A WAY. I had two coders on IRC combing through reactions trying to figure out exactly how you motherless fucks were managing to make potato chips and water into explosives, and they had no loving idea. It shouldn't have been possible. It couldn't have been possible. I fear for the safety of the world if the people who managed to find a way to do murders with mother loving potato chips and goddamned water ever get recruited by a real world terrorist organization. The headlines the next day will read something like WE'RE ALL hosed: SOME NERD KILLS 3/4 OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION WITH A USED BANDAID AND THE SQUEAKER FROM A DOG TOY. THIS SECURITY PHOTO SHOWS THE SUSPECT PURCHASING A STICK OF GUM. DOES HE WANT FRESH BREATH, OR IS HE FINISHING THE JOB? OUR ONLY CONSOLATION IS THAT WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE IT COMING. FILM AT 11 IF WE'RE LUCKY. OR UNLUCKY. gently caress IT. WHATEVER. -(AP)

edit to add: I would like to thank the Maker's Mark Distillery for providing me with the liquid courage to have made it through that terrible time"

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 26, 2016

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Can we have that quote from the defeated admin talking about how he job restricted 2 players who then ended up making nuclear bombs out of potato chips? Also an explanation of how they did it would be cool too. Edit: here it is.

"I couldn't figure out how you goatfuckers STILL managed to be terrorists with potato chips and water. YOU FOUND A WAY. I had two coders on IRC combing through reactions trying to figure out exactly how you motherless fucks were managing to make potato chips and water into explosives, and they had no loving idea. It shouldn't have been possible. It couldn't have been possible. I fear for the safety of the world if the people who managed to find a way to do murders with mother loving potato chips and goddamned water ever get recruited by a real world terrorist organization. The headlines the next day will read something like WE'RE ALL hosed: SOME NERD KILLS 3/4 OF THE WORLD'S POPULATION WITH A USED BANDAID AND THE SQUEAKER FROM A DOG TOY. THIS SECURITY PHOTO SHOWS THE SUSPECT PURCHASING A STICK OF GUM. DOES HE WANT FRESH BREATH, OR IS HE FINISHING THE JOB? OUR ONLY CONSOLATION IS THAT WE WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE IT COMING. FILM AT 11 IF WE'RE LUCKY. OR UNLUCKY. gently caress IT. WHATEVER. -(AP)

edit to add: I would like to thank the Maker's Mark Distillery for providing me with the liquid courage to have made it through that terrible time"

It wasn't that he job restricted the players, it was that he physically deleted the Chemistry Lab from the station. Like it was replaced by just a big loving hole. There were, however, still vending machines and sinks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

There was also that cheese smoke that produced more cheese that would start smoking that would produce more cheese. It got out of hand.

I still am trying to find my demon tub story :smith:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Isn't there some good Star Trek Online griefs from Starfleet Dental?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Die Laughing posted:

Isn't there some good Star Trek Online griefs from Starfleet Dental?

Hell yes there were. This is part of a series, but the others can be found on youtube related videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3mhXgOGivU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Someone post the saga of the weird guy who roleplayed as a klingon stripper

Orv
May 4, 2011

Someone post the saga of the weird guy who roleplayed as a klingon stripper

Roleplayed his mother as an orion slave girl, actually.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I remember someone saying that his guild also had unofficial minimum cup size requirements for female characters. :cripes:

I don't usually like it that well when goons run someone out of a game (I'm a big ol' softie at heart), but sometimes the game is unarguably better for their absence.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I don't think goons ran off as many people as you think, the game turning to complete poo poo and only recovering very slowly if that did a lot more damage than a few half naked balding dancing goons could ever do.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Magres posted:

I remember someone saying that his guild also had unofficial minimum cup size requirements for female characters. :cripes:

I don't usually like it that well when goons run someone out of a game (I'm a big ol' softie at heart), but sometimes the game is unarguably better for their absence.

the insane racist TR player that played planetside 2, for example.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Dreylad posted:

the insane racist TR player that played planetside 2, for example.

Over a year after he picked up his ball and went home, he decided to try returning with his outfit to the game. He promptly got laughed out of high command chat by everybody else on TR. He didn't return. (Of course, he cited computer issues.)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Over a year after he picked up his ball and went home, he decided to try returning with his outfit to the game. He promptly got laughed out of high command chat by everybody else on TR. He didn't return. (Of course, he cited computer issues.)

Did this little saga get posted in here, and if so can we get a link or quote for posterity?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

somehow never seen this before
that's incredible

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Did this little saga get posted in here, and if so can we get a link or quote for posterity?

I couldn't find a good writeup, so I'll do one.

Buzzcutpsycho was the head of the Planetside 2 outfit (in-game term for clan/guild/whatever) The Enclave, a group whose history goes back all the way to the original Planetside. Buzzcutpsycho was, at first glance, your typical basic training washout milsperg: he peppered his language with vague military terminology (he often referred to himself in-game as "Dagger Actual," Dagger being his infantry-focused sector of the outfit) and styled himself as some sort of strategic and tactical genius. However, the reality was much worse.

There's a tendency for people involved in the US military to be pretty bigoted (just look at GIP). Buzzcutpsycho was certainly a cut above, however. Practically every other word out of his mouth was some kind of slur. He referred to Planetside 2's then-creative director Matt Higby as "Nigby," SOE's then-CEO John Smedley as a greedy Jew, constantly called people he disliked or just found inconvenient faggots or autists, and was generally a huge rear end in a top hat to everyone who didn't lick his boots. For some bizarre reason he commanded a cult of personality within his server's Terran Republic faction, and The Enclave was during its prime the largest TR outfit. However, plenty of people didn't care much for him outside of The Enclave, both within the TR and among the other two factions (Goons among both the New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty, as well as Reddit among VS hated the loving guy). Here's a really great video of Buzzcutpsycho having a meltdown in the Terran Republic command chat (only available to squad and platoon leaders who buy into it with experience points):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=untPEx9qin4

Buzzcutpsycho's "You're all BAD! ABADDUHBADBADBAD" got remixed in song form by the guy who made Dropsy, which is hosted on Youtube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvj717lf0bk

Even ignoring Buzzcut, playing in The Enclave was a bad experience. The outfit leadership demanded you use certain weapons, certain tactics, and even certain vocabulary; deviating from the norm here was grounds for expulsion. You were expected to show up at certain times, follow directions to the letter, and if you were anywhere near Buzzcut himself you were expected to drop everything to assist him. Buzzcut even had a "Praetorian Guard" of dedicated medics and engineers with squad-shared XP boosts equipped who were expected to constantly top up his health, revive him if he fell, and repair his mechanized robot suit if he felt like pulling one, following him at all times. The freedom loving Higby's Heroes, resident NC Goon outfit, and sister outfit Earth's Special Forces (codename GOKU) among the VS could not stand for this.

GOON and GOKU fought bravely against the Enclave menace, but found themselves stymied occasionally by his one strategy: Pile everything on one territory at once. Planetside 2, despite being an MMO, had issues when too many people are in one area at once. Dropping 200+ TR into one area (not even counting the opposing force) causes severe framerate issues, and as the game desperately tries to scale back to get the game to a playable state people start to drop out of existence if they're not close enough. A typical Enclave zerg would end up with the enemy render distance automatically lowered so far that people wouldn't even show up unless they were 10 feet in front of you. This was a game that required numbers, and no one outfit could match up. Goons needed an alliance.

Goons on the NC and VS side cooked up the Anti-Terran Republic Alliance, or ATRA, with the idea of both enemy factions putting aside differences to gently caress over the TR for one night. Many VS and NC factions copped to the idea, and while nothing formal was created, there was one night where the New Conglomerate and the Vanu Sovereignty didn't bother each other, but instead pushed up together, railguns and laser cannons side-by-side, up the north end of the deserts of Indar. Just to gently caress with Buzzcut. ATRA was so legendary that years after the fact TR people among the Mattherson server would sometimes swear that the NC and VS are working together whenever things wouldn't go their way.

Buzzcutpsycho left Planetside 2 shortly afterwards, claiming that he wasn't happy with a balance decision. The real truth is that he got humiliated.

This was 3 years ago and there's a lot of holes of information, if someone else could help me fill poo poo in that'd be great.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Buzzcutpsycho was the head of the Planetside 2 outfit (in-game term for clan/guild/whatever) The Enclave, a group whose history goes back all the way to the original Planetside. Buzzcutpsycho was, at first glance, your typical basic training washout milsperg: he peppered his language with vague military terminology (he often referred to himself in-game as "Dagger Actual," Dagger being his infantry-focused sector of the outfit) and styled himself as some sort of strategic and tactical genius. However, the reality was much worse.

There's a tendency for people involved in the US military to be pretty bigoted (just look at GIP). Buzzcutpsycho was certainly a cut above, however. Practically every other word out of his mouth was some kind of slur. He referred to Planetside 2's then-creative director Matt Higby as "Nigby," SOE's then-CEO John Smedley as a greedy Jew, constantly called people he disliked or just found inconvenient faggots or autists, and was generally a huge rear end in a top hat to everyone who didn't lick his boots. For some bizarre reason he commanded a cult of personality within his server's Terran Republic faction, and The Enclave was during its prime the largest TR outfit. However, plenty of people didn't care much for him outside of The Enclave, both within the TR and among the other two factions (Goons among both the New Conglomerate and Vanu Sovereignty, as well as Reddit among VS hated the loving guy). Here's a really great video of Buzzcutpsycho having a meltdown in the Terran Republic command chat (only available to squad and platoon leaders who buy into it with experience points):

Buzzcutpsycho's "You're all BAD! ABADDUHBADBADBAD" got remixed in song form by the guy who made Dropsy, which is hosted on Youtube here:

Even ignoring Buzzcut, playing in The Enclave was a bad experience. The outfit leadership demanded you use certain weapons, certain tactics, and even certain vocabulary; deviating from the norm here was grounds for expulsion. You were expected to show up at certain times, follow directions to the letter, and if you were anywhere near Buzzcut himself you were expected to drop everything to assist him. Buzzcut even had a "Praetorian Guard" of dedicated medics and engineers with squad-shared XP boosts equipped who were expected to constantly top up his health, revive him if he fell, and repair his mechanized robot suit if he felt like pulling one, following him at all times. The freedom loving Higby's Heroes, resident NC Goon outfit, and sister outfit Earth's Special Forces (codename GOKU) among the VS could not stand for this.

GOON and GOKU fought bravely against the Enclave menace, but found themselves stymied occasionally by his one strategy: Pile everything on one territory at once. Planetside 2, despite being an MMO, had issues when too many people are in one area at once. Dropping 200+ TR into one area (not even counting the opposing force) causes severe framerate issues, and as the game desperately tries to scale back to get the game to a playable state people start to drop out of existence if they're not close enough. A typical Enclave zerg would end up with the enemy render distance automatically lowered so far that people wouldn't even show up unless they were 10 feet in front of you. This was a game that required numbers, and no one outfit could match up. Goons needed an alliance.

Goons on the NC and VS side cooked up the Anti-Terran Republic Alliance, or ATRA, with the idea of both enemy factions putting aside differences to gently caress over the TR for one night. Many VS and NC factions copped to the idea, and while nothing formal was created, there was one night where the New Conglomerate and the Vanu Sovereignty didn't bother each other, but instead pushed up together, railguns and laser cannons side-by-side, up the north end of the deserts of Indar. Just to gently caress with Buzzcut. ATRA was so legendary that years after the fact TR people among the Mattherson server would sometimes swear that the NC and VS are working together whenever things wouldn't go their way.

Buzzcutpsycho left Planetside 2 shortly afterwards, claiming that he wasn't happy with a balance decision. The real truth is that he got humiliated.

This was 3 years ago and there's a lot of holes of information, if someone else could help me fill poo poo in that'd be great.

Didn't he work at a gas station for 48 hours straight on the weekend so he could pants poo poo all week long on planet side?

The Interloper
Jan 11, 2010

- dig that bunky feat -
Salad Prong
Wasn't there also some incident where another TR outfit parked their Sunderer (mobile spawn point) where he wanted to have his, and he just completely flipped his poo poo over it? (Even though functionally it doesn't matter who it belongs to.) He made some super-serious declaration about how all members of that outfit were now "Kill On Sight" despite them being part of the same faction. I think there was some big fallout from it including his Twitch account getting suspended.

It was a long time ago and I didn't pay much attention, living on EU servers myself, so probably got a lot of that wrong. I just remember being simultaneously entertained and bemused at the time by this guy's ego being so inflated that he would genuinely rage the gently caress out simply because not every single person on the server was bowing down to his greatness.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

The Interloper posted:

Wasn't there also some incident where another TR outfit parked their Sunderer (mobile spawn point) where he wanted to have his, and he just completely flipped his poo poo over it? (Even though functionally it doesn't matter who it belongs to.) He made some super-serious declaration about how all members of that outfit were now "Kill On Sight" despite them being part of the same faction. I think there was some big fallout from it including his Twitch account getting suspended.

It was a long time ago and I didn't pay much attention, living on EU servers myself, so probably got a lot of that wrong. I just remember being simultaneously entertained and bemused at the time by this guy's ego being so inflated that he would genuinely rage the gently caress out simply because not every single person on the server was bowing down to his greatness.

Sort of. The sunderer was deployed in a spot not far off from where he wanted to deploy, and the deployed sunderer was in a strategically bad position compared to his spot. The deployed sunderer was close enough that Buzzcut couldn't deploy his (sunderers have "no-deploy zones" surrounding them to prevent spam), so he flipped the gently caress out.

It's one thing to get angry at a sundy in a bad spot, since it can really gently caress with an otherwise good assault or defense. It's another thing to blow it up. Getting so pissed off about it that not only do you blow it up but you issue an outfit-wide edict to teamkill anyone from the outfit that placed the bad sundy is another universe of mad.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

There's more to this story that I'd like to add on.

During this golden era of trolling BCP it was made very apparent that we had gotten under his skin. He'd go on making youtube videos of his outfit "crushing us," which was just him picking off maybe one or two of us over the span of 10 minutes from the safety of a tank. We'd troll his outfit by triggering a capture attempt at one base, and then pull out. His 200+ zergball would roll up to defend it, gloat about how great they were, and not check to see that they had lost all of the territory around them. We'd do this repeatedly and play him like a goddamn fiddle every time. In a desperate bid to show that his merry band of morons were the greatest fighting force in internet shootman history, he started booting members en-masse who had sub-par k/d ratios and then tried to convince people his outfit was always supremely talented. Obviously, everyone laughed.

However, the single greatest act of trolling BCP came from wounding his incredibly inflated ego. This motherfucker was convinced he was God's gift to the game, that he was an unstoppable tactical juggernaut. How did we do this? Simple, by being better than him at the video game. At the time, much of Planetside 2's fighting took place on one continent, Indar. When a faction fully captured a continent they received a bonus to their resources. You needed 100% territory, which given how frequent fighting on the continent was, was extremely improbable. Well, we, the mighty goons, with a lot of cooperation from smart pubbies, teamworked our way to a full capture. This irritated the piss out of him since he'd bragged about how our faction (VS) was the weakest, most incompetent gaggle of fucks in the game. He touted himself as a tactical genius when really he was a zerg herder. VS had no zergs, VS had lots of smaller outfits that openly cooperated with each other. So when you've got roughly 50% of TR slamming one insignificant base and the other 50% desperately trying to hold off the purple tide, the tide wins. VS danced around BCP's zerg and lured it to easily defensible bases. We were in reality what he thought he was in his head, and having his rear end handed to him time and time again like this drove him up the wall, and we did it all without playing pretend army. We pretty much threw egg in his face by actually able to back up our shittalk. The best part of all of this, it took him nearly 3 months to break our control of the continent. When he finally did, he bragged about how the mighty VS had fallen, and that now more than ever he was going to stamp us underfoot. We re-secured the continent in less than 24 hours.

BCP was very aware that we were goons, and after the incident in Libya (when Vilerat passed) he and others in his outfit started indiscriminately hounding down random goons and bragging about his death. Many of them ate bans for that, week-long usually. Furthermore, even SOE (the developer) got so sick of his poo poo that they began grasping for straws, any reason at all, to ban this motherfucker. They got their opportunity when he was using Planetside 1 music in his stream, which seems harmless enough. SOE jumped at the opportunity and shortly after that it was made abundantly clear that nobody wanted him around, including the developers, who would happily pounce on any insignificant slight on the rules to slam him with the harshest punishments. He quit a few weeks later and left this big winding rant and ended it along the lines of "...everyone called me cancer, but guess what? In the end cancer always wins :smug:" And nothing of value was lost. He returned again a year later but pretty much everyone took the chance to teamkill him on sight.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
My favorite thing about him was that he played as a MAX and had a harem of engineers who followed and repaired only him

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

sitchelin posted:

BCP was very aware that we were goons, and after the incident in Libya (when Vilerat passed) he and others in his outfit started indiscriminately hounding down random goons and bragging about his death. Many of them ate bans for that, week-long usually. Furthermore, even SOE (the developer) got so sick of his poo poo that they began grasping for straws, any reason at all, to ban this motherfucker. They got their opportunity when he was using Planetside 1 music in his stream, which seems harmless enough. SOE jumped at the opportunity and shortly after that it was made abundantly clear that nobody wanted him around, including the developers, who would happily pounce on any insignificant slight on the rules to slam him with the harshest punishments. He quit a few weeks later and left this big winding rant and ended it along the lines of "...everyone called me cancer, but guess what? In the end cancer always wins :smug:" And nothing of value was lost. He returned again a year later but pretty much everyone took the chance to teamkill him on sight.

Got a dude so mad that he managed to piss of the devs in his rage. Brutal and successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

sitchelin posted:

"...everyone called me cancer, but guess what? In the end cancer always wins :smug:"

what a great line lmao

• Locked thread