Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Props to whoever recommended Mechina a few pages back. So far they sound like if Fear Factory(the good years) developed a huge interest in symphony soundtracks and space exploration and wrote from there.

It's cheesy, cornball metal but I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

DeusExMachinima posted:

Metal Hammer would like to remind that you that they are a waste of oxygen and serve no useful purpose.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/features/2016-01-25/this-is-what-it-sounds-like-when-you-play-every-motorhead-song-at-once

Some black metaller in a basement in Norway is throwing his leather and spikes on the ground knowing that he will never achieve the trve kvlt sound beheld in this audio clip.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Chromatic posted:

Props to whoever recommended Mechina a few pages back. So far they sound like if Fear Factory(the good years) developed a huge interest in symphony soundtracks and space exploration and wrote from there.

Yeah, its surprising how much I'm enjoying this stuff myself. A good pick.

Edit: How the gently caress did I double post.

Vargatron fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 26, 2016

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Amon Amarth, Entombed and Exmortus touring this spring.

Well I was wondering how I was going to follow up the shows in March. Now I know.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Archgoat and Valkyrja announced a string of dates in America during the month of March. Thankfully the two shows I could make both happen on Fridays. Stoked.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Anyone else buy the Best Buy version of Megadeth's new album? It came in this big long box that makes me feel like it's 1990 again.

I haven't tried the 3D glasses and the app it comes with yet.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Defiant Sally posted:

I loving love Amon Amarth. Jacking my dick currently.

http://i.imgur.com/X4i042J.gif

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jan 26, 2016

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
GIF covers are the future.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Ugh, I had no idea Thy Catafalque dropped a new album last year. Here's a track for anyone else who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXzCPgf4C-E

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Gamma Nerd posted:

Holographic covers are the future.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Archgoat and Valkyrja announced a string of dates in America during the month of March. Thankfully the two shows I could make both happen on Fridays. Stoked.

I just moved to Pittsburgh and am excited for all the good shows coming up - psyched to see this tour stopping in town.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
archgoat owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRngDlLVl4U

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Bitchkrieg posted:

I just moved to Pittsburgh and am excited for all the good shows coming up - psyched to see this tour stopping in town.

I'll either be going to the Pittsburgh or Pontiac, MI show from Columbus, so depending on which one I go to I'll buy you or skroll a beer.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vulture Culture posted:

Ugh, I had no idea Thy Catafalque dropped a new album last year. Here's a track for anyone else who missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXzCPgf4C-E

I didn't know this band existed, this is very cool.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
alright guys we're gonna be THE icelandic metal band. we're gonna have to go hard\

e: oh they're not icelandic nevermind

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
and it's a solo project so you're wrong about the "guys/we" part too

it's p good if you can wrap your head around the idea of hungarian folk/electro metal

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
now that i know it's a hungarian dude it makes more sense

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
ne obliviscaris just announced a last minute show in providence tomorrow night

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
It really pains me to know that I'm going to skip Ne Obliviscaris since Portal of I is in my top 10 albums of all time, but I just can't give money to a tour with Butcher Babies.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Gravewurm released a new album late (Dec 25th) last year, which I somehow completely missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-snK2yu5Vs

It is mostly in the same style, but a bit slower than the earlier stuff. It is also the last thing Jim Sadist did in a studio before his stroke and eventual passing.

MrBling fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 26, 2016

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
RIP Jim Sadist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTMNRcJjAY

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

Chromatic posted:

Yeah I thought it sounded silly at first but it's slowly growing on me too. I helps that I always like cheesy concept albums.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

muike posted:

ne obliviscaris just announced a last minute show in providence tomorrow night

In related news, Cradle of Filth got their visas denied at the last minute and have so far canceled their US tour dates up to the 31st. How does this happen? These guys tour here like twice a year.

fruition
Feb 1, 2014

Varg posted:

I'm probably going to see that show this coming Tuesday, but just for Anthrax really and probably leaving somewhere in the middle of LoG's set so I'll likely miss that dumb thing if they do it.

I'll be there. This is my first time seeing Anthrax and I kind of want to take an Uber so I can get bombed and really enjoy the show. Admittedly, I'm not really into Thrash but this show is on my brother-in-law's bucket list.

Also looking forward to BTBAM (my bucket list) / The Faceless (and August Burns Red for high school nostalgia), and Ghost this spring at the Wellmont in Montclair.

Opeth got me back into show-going spirits.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Gamma Nerd posted:

It really pains me to know that I'm going to skip Ne Obliviscaris since Portal of I is in my top 10 albums of all time, but I just can't give money to a tour with Butcher Babies.

I haven't really listened to them before. I previewed something on youtube but it didn't really do anything for me. i'll check that album out but im probably not going to go since it's last minute and i dont have anyone i can get to go with me

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I'll either be going to the Pittsburgh or Pontiac, MI show from Columbus, so depending on which one I go to I'll buy you or skroll a beer.

PM me if you wind up in town! I've got tix for Voivod/Vektor and Taake/Young and in the Way coming up, too, and don't know a soul here.

quote:

it's p good if you can wrap your head around the idea of hungarian folk/electro metal

I spent an inordinate amount of time studying Hungarian in grad school, so this is extremely my poo poo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Monkeytime posted:

In related news, Cradle of Filth got their visas denied at the last minute and have so far canceled their US tour dates up to the 31st. How does this happen? These guys tour here like twice a year.

Some tr00 metal fan at the state department was on the clock when their visa application came through.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Voivod and Vektor moved from a nice venue 10 minutes from my house to a shittier one in a seedy neighborhood that's much further away :argh:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Which two?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nerve posted:

Which two?

Abbey Pub to Reggie's. The Abbey was a weird place for a metal show but so much more convenient. Now I have to take an hour long trip home from work downtown on the CTA, then turn around and drive to Chinatown. Alternatively I could red line directly from work and get there early, but it's a loooooong trip home without my car.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Abbey Pub to Reggie's. The Abbey was a weird place for a metal show but so much more convenient. Now I have to take an hour long trip home from work downtown on the CTA, then turn around and drive to Chinatown. Alternatively I could red line directly from work and get there early, but it's a loooooong trip home without my car.

I just saw Watain and Rotting Christ at Reggie's Durty Nellie's, my bad. Whoops. (To the venue's credit, they were cool with the crowd getting doused with buckets of pig's blood :black101:)

Bitchkrieg fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 26, 2016

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Didn't see it posted, but Jimmy Bain died. What the gently caress is in the water this past month or so??

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I just realized this means that over half the lineup that recorded Rainbow Rising is dead now

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

I just realized this means that over half the lineup that recorded Rainbow Rising is dead now
gently caress.

If Blackmore goes this year I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Wait, Blackmore is still alive?

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Spanish Manlove posted:

Wait, Blackmore is still alive?

Yeah, he stopped making rock music and does lame Ye Olde Ren Faire music with his wife...

...and I say that as someone who loves crap like Fairport Convention

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
New Omnium Gatherum track released, if that's your jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubmuUiozKyo

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Man, that band has really gone downhill.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Didn't see it posted, but Jimmy Bain died. What the gently caress is in the water this past month or so??

Lead. :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Heavy metal :(