Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I'm not sure this is the exact list I want. I wonder if losing the stealth device on Turr would justify bringing a sensor jammer on palpatine?

Soontir + AT + PTL + Stealth
Turr + AT + PTL + Stealth
Palpmobile

(97pts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Otisburg posted:

I'd love* for Defenders to be a whole thing, but on paper it still feels pretty steeply priced. Paying Poe Dameron prices for a guy with the same HP and PWV, only PS1 with no pilot ability is rough. Once Veterans drops I'll put them on the table and take the Pepsi challenge for sure, though.

*(or at least my inner 14-year-old who loved having his Magic Sith Tattoo inked pilot fly the ridiculous ubership on Vader's wing would love)

Next League night I think I'll try a RAC+Whisper.

How do you guys feel about :
Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Darth Vader (3)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Total: 100

I hate it, on account of my list (Soontir, OL, Vessery) being entirely incapable of accomplishing anything against Chiraneau.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Gate posted:

Yeah, Vader would fit Moff Jerjerrod better almost, what with his propensity to kill people who screw up. :v:

Someone pointed out that Bossk's ability would have been appropriate for Vader, and I can't say I disagree.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ghetto wormhole posted:

Do you guys have any good examples of Imperial repaints? I'm itching to paint something but it seems like there's a lot less flexibility in what you can logically paint compared to 40k or even FoW.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/136739-outer-atlantic-fleet/ is superb, highly inspiring for me as I saddle up to repaint my own TIE fleet.

Brunas posted:

Played with some x7 defenders today with and without stealth device. Coming from a guy who loves defenders, they might be too much. I was playing 35 Fel with two 31 deltas with stealth device.

Here's the current "hyped" list

Colonel Vessery (35)
Ruthlessness (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Delta Squadron Pilot (30)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Not sold on ruthlessness, but the 28 point deltas shrug off around 3 damage a turn minimum without stealth device and get to block at ps1. With stealth device my deltas at 31 were evading both shots from predator/gunner han. It's pretty silly.
No, Ruthlessness is too expensive for what it does. With this list you really need to capitalise on Vessery's accuracy and force through those t-beam hits, so Crack Shot is my go-to if I don't need to fiddle with his PS. Drop the ion cannon on the second delta and you can probably afford to bump them both up to elite versions and buy Juke for them too.

Otisburg posted:

I'd love* for Defenders to be a whole thing, but on paper it still feels pretty steeply priced. Paying Poe Dameron prices for a guy with the same HP and PWV, only PS1 with no pilot ability is rough. Once Veterans drops I'll put them on the table and take the Pepsi challenge for sure, though.

*(or at least my inner 14-year-old who loved having his Magic Sith Tattoo inked pilot fly the ridiculous ubership on Vader's wing would love)

Next League night I think I'll try a RAC+Whisper.

How do you guys feel about :
Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Darth Vader (3)
Ysanne Isard (4)
Gunner (5)
Engine Upgrade (4)

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

This thing loving melts under fire of any kind, so I've found Isard to be a bit pointless, and Whisper really wants FCS anyway.

No Punishing One preview again D:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Isard is great if you're running the PtL + Engine combo with her to move in the combat phase. Otherwise she's not super amazing unless you're flying against just one ship.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The Gate posted:

Isard is great if you're running the PtL + Engine combo with her to move in the combat phase. Otherwise she's not super amazing unless you're flying against just one ship.

All pancakes die to heavy fire. Ysanne is easily worth it if her ability goes off twice.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If you're not painting pop art on your decimator I'm p sure you're doing it wrong.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

If you're not painting pop art on your decimator I'm p sure you're doing it wrong.

I'll be painting dazzle camo on mine when I finally work out how to mask the fucker properly and I refuse to believe that this is not the best thing :colbert:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Spray paint a template of Vader on at least plz.

There's another one that says beware the power of the dark side with him clenching his fist but I can't upload it right now for some reason.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

The Gate posted:

Yeah, Vader would fit Moff Jerjerrod better almost, what with his propensity to kill people who screw up. :v:

Hey now, Moff Jerjerrod got the death star operational, as planned. The plan was to be able to super laser the rebel fleet, and they did. He wasn't a giant screw-up like Ozzel.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Tekopo posted:

I honestly think Kylo Ren fits the theme of Vader's power better than Vader does.

My secret wish is that Kylo Ren gets an effect that is wildly OP and prohibitively expensive - making him a cool character that nobody likes. :v: Maybe give him something related to his time-freeze power, like:
Kylo Ren
IMPERIAL ONLY. CREW.
At the beginning of the activation phase, discard this card to choose an enemy ship at range 1. Cancel that ship's maneuver without revealing it. That ship cannot attack or be attacked this turn.
(14pts)

Or make him the negaverse 3PO:
Once per round, before you roll 1 or more attack dice, you may guess aloud a number of hit results. If you roll that many hit results (before modifying dice), add 1 critical hit result.
(3pts)

I haven't flown against your double-x7/Fel list, but it basically just sounds super frustrating to fly against. Being able to reliably mitigate 2~3 damage every single round makes them incredibly unattractive targets. Against that, my go-to gameplan with Poe/RA/Y-Wing would be "destroy Soontir Fel, then fly around the board until time is up since Poe and RA are worth more points." I'm not sure why our friend was suicide-running Han into turtled-up TIE Defenders, but c'est la vie. Maybe we'll run some games tonight at store league.

Otisburg posted:

Paying Poe Dameron prices for a guy with the same HP and PWV, only PS1 with no pilot ability is rough.

The naked TIE/x7 is like ~9 points less than your average Poe build and actually has substantially higher survivability, barring PS-oriented arc-dodging. He's also a pretty terrifying blocker on the first pass with that dial. I think once you get into a fight with the Defenders, you treat them like a donut - they can't make anything resembling a dogfighting maneuver without stressing or doing a linear move - but picking your engagement is much more critical than in almost any other list, because he's still rolling 3 red at you. If you fly in anything like a formation, the Vessery list can Tractor Beam you toward your bros, potentially get a Ruthlessness damage, then get a modified 3+ dice attack against your (now worse) green dice. God help you if the same ship is in both Vessery and the TIE/D's arc(s) on a given turn, because that dude is loving dead. It is actually Very Scary for my T-70s list, though certainly not unwinnable. I feel like Soontir Fel could eat Brunas's list up, but I won't know until I try it out tonight (VI Vader and Soontir Fel should hypothetically never get shot at, although I can't say the same for poor Omega Leader).

Also I think I posted that exact same list with RAC a millionty pages ago, for what my other Empire friend typically runs. He's since switched to Fat Han + Poe, but he had a lot of success with Decimator+ace. It's... pretty much exactly what you think it is - either the Decimator lasts long enough to inflict crippling damage against the enemy squad and you win, or it doesn't and you lose. Panzeh is right, in my book - Ysanne Isard is loving essential, and pays for herself almost immediately. The difference between the Decimator lasting 4 turns and lasting 5 is really significant. If you have to decide between Ysanne and kitting out Whisper, you should make sure Whisper is built properly, but you could also circumvent this problem entirely and just run 35 points of Fel and get your initiative bid in.

EDIT:

thespaceinvader posted:

No, Ruthlessness is too expensive for what it does. With this list you really need to capitalise on Vessery's accuracy and force through those t-beam hits, so Crack Shot is my go-to if I don't need to fiddle with his PS. Drop the ion cannon on the second delta and you can probably afford to bump them both up to elite versions and buy Juke for them too.

Wait, what? If the Glaive Squadron Pilot/other new Defender Ace du jour has an EPT and doesn't cost 34 points or more, something has gone very, very awry. How are you fitting two TIE/x7s with Juke and Vessery+Crack Shot+Tractor Beam into the same list?

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 26, 2016

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Really really want to fly this:

quote:

Delta Squadron Pilot
TIE/x7
Twin Ion Engine Mk II

Delta Squadron Pilot
TIE/x7
Twin Ion Engine Mk II

Darth Vader
TIE/x1
Daredevil
Proton Rockets
Advanced Targeting Computer
Engine Upgrade

Total: 98

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

Wait, what? If the Glaive Squadron Pilot/other new Defender Ace du jour has an EPT and doesn't cost 34 points or more, something has gone very, very awry. How are you fitting two TIE/x7s with Juke and Vessery+Crack Shot+Tractor Beam into the same list?

You probably aren't, I didn't bother actually building it out to see if it worked. But even one Defender Elite x7 with Juke in addition to Vessery would be great, and probably better than the ion TIE/D IMO.

E: (I'll also confess, I thought Onyx Squaddies had EPTs already. Goddamn, Onyx Squaddies are pointless.)

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Vesery with x7, juke, and TL help is more interesting than double tapping. His only weakness is his PS.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Panzeh posted:

Vesery with x7, juke, and TL help is more interesting than double tapping. His only weakness is his PS.

Ruthlessness going off after you've thrown a guy toward his team feels pretty strong, to me, and in the DVD list he's shooting first to maximize Tractor Beam pain and potentially inflicting serious hurt on his own. Even if you don't get Ruthlessness, Vessery double-tapping with TB at a guy that another Defender has Target Lock'd could easily spell an insta-destroyed small ship, provided he can toss the target into the TIE/D + Ion Cannon's arc. It's pretty terrifying.

I don't think that x7/Juke Vessery is bad, though. x7/Juke in general is kinda ridiculous.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
The Crazy Eights:

Rexler w/ Juke, x7 title
Vessery w/ VI, Tractor, D title
Omega Leader w/ Juke, Comm Array

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Gate posted:

The Crazy Eights:

Rexler w/ Juke, x7 title

Oh man, now I wanna try this.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I just think the FO mini-swarm and vessery with tractor beam is too good to pass up. It can deal with a variety of threats well and you are playing to your advantage by having lots of ships that can shoot after the tractor goes off. If you only have two ships firing after vessery, the tractor won't be as good (although I guess that's three with the double tap).

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Gate posted:

The Crazy Eights:

Rexler w/ Juke, x7 title

I take exception to the name of this list. The real Crazy Eights list is Miranda, Jan, and Cracken.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Tekopo posted:

I just think the FO mini-swarm and vessery with tractor beam is too good to pass up. It can deal with a variety of threats well and you are playing to your advantage by having lots of ships that can shoot after the tractor goes off. If you only have two ships firing after vessery, the tractor won't be as good (although I guess that's three with the double tap).

TAP Miniswarm is gonna be better. I'm desperately hoping the unspoiled pilot from the TAP is an 18 point generic with an EPT slot, because then you can do Vessery/Crack Shot/TIED/Tractor Beam with 3x Baron O Whatever with Juke and title. Gonna be stronk.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"Juke Joint Blues"

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

On an entirely other note, I watched the TIE Fighter anime again (so good) and did this:

Tomax Bren (24)
Crack Shot (1)
Extra Munitions (2)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Guidance Chips (0)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Stealth Device (3)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Quite clearly Tomax Bren is a girl. Or it's Redline in a bomber.

I think this could actually be a pretty solid squad, although it struggles with the fact that it has basically 0 synergy between the elements.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I don't remember there being a TIE/fo in the video? I thought it took place during the GCW? :shrug:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

I don't remember there being a TIE/fo in the video? I thought it took place during the GCW? :shrug:

Counterpoint: Omega Leader is really good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wait, so can Bren basically use Crack Shot every single turn?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Otisburg posted:

A minor point; there really isn't an appropriate solo ace TIE l/n that would satisfy me. IDGAF IoW.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, so can Bren basically use Crack Shot every single turn?
Yes, I really want to try him. Also I have now 3 T/Bs. And I'm gonna get two packs of Veterans. 5 T/B list here I come :v:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, Bren is gonna be scary AF. Especially because he can potentially give up his pilot ability to double crack with Clusters when you think he's about to kark it.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
Getting another Epic game in on Thursday, this time at proper 300 points. Busting out the Raider. :getin:

EPIC WHATEVER

299 points

PILOTS

Soontir Fel (35)
TIE Interceptor (27), Royal Guard TIE (0), Push the Limit (3), Autothrusters (2), Stealth Device (3)

Tetran Cowall (30)
TIE Interceptor (24), Veteran Instincts (1), Royal Guard TIE (0), Stealth Device (3), Autothrusters (2)

Black Squadron Pilot (15) x 4
TIE Fighter (14), Crack Shot (1)

Raider-class Corvette (aft) (71)
Raider-class Corvette (50), Tactician (2), WED-15 Repair Droid (2), Single Turbolasers (8), Gunnery Team (4), Optimised Generators (5)

Raider-class Corvette (fore) (59)
Raider-class Corvette (50), Quad Laser Cannons (6), Backup Shield Generator (3)

Scimitar Squadron Pilot (22) x 2
TIE Bomber (16), Extra Munitions (2), Concussion Missiles (4), Guidance Chips (0)

I'm pretty happy with the list, I'm mostly just curious if I'm loving up marvelously in kitting out the Raider, as far as how the upgrades and whatnot work on it (why does Squad Builder list a Modification slot on each ship card, as opposed to one single one? Does Tactician trigger from shots from both sections? Am I wasting points on the Backup Shield Generator? I DON'T KNOW).

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Changing up my list for the Store Champs Saturday, mostly because everybody (and I do mean everybody) in this neck of the woods knows the list I've been running for the last eight months solid.

Wedge Antilles (29)
BB-8 (2)
Push the Limit (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Wes Jansen (29)
R2-F2 (3)
Wired (1)
Experimental Interface (3)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
Targeting Astromech (2)
Ion Cannon Turret (5)

I really struggled with this list. Everybody shoots Wes first. Everybody. R2-F2 and Experimental Interface let him focus and then proc the droid for 3 agility, and a stress to reroll focuses if I take more than one attack and have to spend it or spend it on my attacks. I also have a TL from Dutch for offense. I was thinking about doing R7 Astromech and Wired, but I didn't have a lot of ways to stress him without doing boneheaded things like k-turning for no reason, and it was only effective against one target each turn. Dutch's TLT I've been practicing with dropped down to an Ion Cannon Turret for points, but I think I'll like an ion better than a TLT plinking away with this list.

The idea is to have both X-wings attacking with TL and focus every turn. Sometimes Wes won't be able to clear his stress, so he'll only have a TL from Dutch. Dutch Ions whoever lives, or whoever's tokens I manage to strip. Hopefully I can keep some shots off of my X-wings with Wedge's barrel rolls and Dutch's Ion.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
So I'm considering entering babby's first tournament. Here's my shot at a list, based on stuff I already own (Core, E-Wing, Hounds Tooth, Imp Aces, K-Wing, Kihraxz Fighter, Millennium Falcon, Rebel Aces, Rebel Transport, Slave 1, TIE Advanced, TIE Phantom, and TFA Core), so no Integrated Astromech or Autothrusters

Corran Horn (35)
Push the Limit (3)
Fire-Control System (2)
R2-D2 (4)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Poe Dameron (31)
Predator (3)
R5-P9 (3)

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

This is pretty similar to the 2nd place worlds list from last year, except I swapped VI + Autothrusters on Poe for Predator. Is that a mistake?
I'm thinking otherwise, I'd have VI and maybe throw a Flechette Torpedo on Corran for him to shoot with his now target locked double-tap.

Also, any tips for running A Wings? I can never seem to put those 2 red dice anywhere where they'd matter.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I'd go with VI. With his pilot text already providing a decent accuracy buff, I think shooting before (and activating after!) Vader/Soontir/VI Whisper etc. is a lot more valuable than the reroll.

Even if you're not taking Autothrusters (which is how I'd spend the points freed up by the talent swap), not having at least IA on him is just leaving money on the table. Beg, borrow, or steal a copy if you can.

Corran looks about like he ought. I'd be tempted to downgrade the A-Wing who's probably just serving as a blocker to a Z to have an initiative bid which will be nice for the inevitable mirror Poe/Horn match. (E: if you can borrow one, of course, I'm bad at the limited resource listbuilding game)

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 27, 2016

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Got slaughted at LGS flying a TIE Swarm. Just bad dice/flying. A buddy wanted to learn the game so we went through the tutorial, then played a few 60-point games. Went 2-1 and flew much better. My poor buddy dashed Poe Dameron against asteroids for a final hull point twice.

Now I need to dive into some other ships :getin:

Been looking at some fun gimmicky lists and I see some TIE Phantom lists that look like they could be interesting.TIE Defenders, too. Maybe not competitive, but casual pick-up games

TheHoosier fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 27, 2016

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Otisburg posted:

I'd go with VI. With his pilot text already providing a decent accuracy buff, I think shooting before (and activating after!) Vader/Soontir/VI Whisper etc. is a lot more valuable than the reroll.

Even if you're not taking Autothrusters (which is how I'd spend the points freed up by the talent swap), not having at least IA on him is just leaving money on the table. Beg, borrow, or steal a copy if you can.

Corran looks about like he ought. I'd be tempted to downgrade the A-Wing who's probably just serving as a blocker to a Z to have an initiative bid which will be nice for the inevitable mirror Poe/Horn match. (E: if you can borrow one, of course, I'm bad at the limited resource listbuilding game)

I actually think the A is a considerably better blocker than the Z, and probably worth keeping, but yeah, veteran instincts is actually really good on Poe since it makes him a powerful ace hunter.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Man looking at the differences between the FO and the A-Wing, there isn't much there. Whoever said that the FO is basically a imperial A-Wing is right. Although I'd still rate Jake over any FO ace as an arc-dodger.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Tekopo posted:

Man looking at the differences between the FO and the A-Wing, there isn't much there. Whoever said that the FO is basically a imperial A-Wing is right. Although I'd still rate Jake over any FO ace as an arc-dodger.

Zeta ace with PTL and EU :frogc00l:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

hoiyes posted:

Zeta ace with PTL and EU :frogc00l:
PS too low and no triple action :(

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So if the generic PS3 jumpmaster is 26 points it will be able to be the cheapest 3-die PWT in the game and also still have an EPT slot.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Panzeh posted:

So if the generic PS3 jumpmaster is 26 points it will be able to be the cheapest 3-die PWT in the game and also still have an EPT slot.

PWT? Also it requires the 12 point redd dice upgrade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

bunnyofdoom posted:

PWT? Also it requires the 12 point redd dice upgrade

Primary weapon turret. And yes, I know that- 38 points is still cheaper than any other 3-dice PWT.

• Locked thread