Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

PleasureKevin posted:

i'm am divorced alcoholic you gently caress wit

that's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

help! my phone appears to have drowned in badass

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

i'm here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

quote:

Apple patent shows how it might lose the camera bump despite ever-thinner iPhones

While those of us who would happily trade thinner iPhones for better battery-life may be in the minority, even fans of ultra-thin phones expressed disappointment at the camera bump in the iPhone 6 and 6s. The problem Apple faced is that the laws of physics determine just how thin you can make a sensor and lens arrangement for any given aperture while retaining quality. But a patent application originally filed in 2013, continued last July and granted today could provide a solution.

Instead of the usual flat sensor, the patent describes a ‘spherically curved photosensor’ that would allow the distance between the lens elements and the sensor to be reduced, allowing for a thinner camera module …

The advent of small, mobile multipurpose devices such as smartphones and tablet or pad devices has resulted in a need for high-resolution, small form factor cameras for integration in the devices. However, due to limitations of conventional camera technology, conventional small cameras used in such devices tend to capture images at lower resolutions and/or with lower image quality than can be achieved with larger, higher quality cameras.

By making the sensor curved to match the spread of light from the lens array, it can be brought much closer to the rear lens element than would normally be possible. The patent references a similar technique employed in astronomical telescopes.

An image captured in this way would normally suffer from a form of distortion known as chromatic aberration, but Apple proposes an additional lens element to correct this.

😤😤😤

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Vintersorg posted:

its great under low light at night, easier to go to sleep

stop using your phone in bed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

beds are for sleeping, and if you're a sexhaver then i guess sex too? not for browsing the forums

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

fart simpson posted:

beds are for sleeping, and if you're a sexhaver then i guess sex too? not for browsing the forums

lol if youre a sex haver

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Smythe posted:

i dont take brain pills so my plumbing and hydraulics work fine. after a brief survey of your posting history, you on the other hand aren't looking so chipper.

haha cool

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fart simpson posted:

stop using your phone in bed

wisdom

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Metrication posted:

An image captured in this way would normally suffer from a form of distortion known as chromatic aberration, but Apple proposes an additional lens element to correct this.
that additional lens element will require a little bump

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

doesn't this coincide with all the carriers overhauling how their contracts & leases work? we're probably gonna see a decline across all top end lines

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
bring steve back

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they cant. hes dead.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the lomarf car is actually a secret project to bring stebe back to life via a preserved dna sample

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the correct way to use your phone in bed is to put a random episode of Sleep With Me on a 15 minute sleep timer

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

mishaq posted:

the lomarf car is actually a secret project to bring stebe back to life via a preserved dna sample

actually they saved his brain and are working on the technology to map it and emulate it. Apple will eventually make a custom asic array that will bring back his mind back

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
they have also cloned David Hasselhoff so that they can make the knight rider sequel we've all been waiting for

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

infernal machines posted:

orange is the new whitepoint
you actually can set that as your 'white point'

same reason as how you can set your white balance to 2700K/5800K or even 7000K when you calibrate your monitor and still have an accurate colour

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5CCB7KRO9U

check 0:10 vs 0:17

wow i wonder at which of those times the flux thing is enabled it is so subtle it is truly impossble to tell
if you look at the coloured part of the screen eg. the blue/orange dot and green area of the toggle switch, they stayed roughly the same colour while only the white part is changed

but if you gis for flux on desktop or ios they all look like some sort of terrible yellow colour cast on the screen including the coloured images

neat

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
It Just Work's ®

the verge posted:

Apple's Safari browser appears to be experiencing issues worldwide this morning. Searching from the address bar in both iOS and OS X is causing the browser to crash in some instances. The Verge has confirmed the problem on several of our own iOS devices and at least one OS X machine.

Steven Troughton-Smith, an iOS developer, notes that the problems are related to Safari's search suggestions feature.

[img steve-jobs-wrathful-ghost.jpg]

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lol who the hell even uses safari?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

works4me

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
broken for me

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

that's a bummer. Safari is really bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

all those poor slowkit users.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
most of them are probably ios users, right?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

zen death robot posted:

why does the "welcome" screen or whatever it's called in edge just look like a big jumble of tiles/images instead of being laid out in a readable fashion and I'm not on the "insider" ring

works on my machine..........

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

zen death robot posted:

why does the "welcome" screen or whatever it's called in edge just look like a big jumble of tiles/images instead of being laid out in a readable fashion and I'm not on the "insider" ring

idk what you mean.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I don't have win 10 @ work either. I use edge on my phone tho and its good. I don't use it at home tho cause it doesn't have tpls or other ad blocking yet.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its so fast tho. when it gets plugins its gonna stomp everything else so hard.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

there's no edge browser for the iphone 6s shagger!!!!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I don't need suggestions cuz I know exactly where I need to go

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

there's no edge browser for the iphone 6s shagger!!!!

yeah it would suck to have a iphone 6s

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I don't need suggestions cuz I know exactly where I need to go

yeah, leper colony you fag!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:rip: vmware fusion

quote:

VMware has fired the US-based development teams that worked on its Fusion and Workstation desktop hypervisors, the products that gave the company its start.

The site also contains posts from purported VMware employees suggesting that work on the two products will continue in China.

The Register asked VMware to confirm the layoffs and to explain the future of the products and were told: “We can confirm that the restructuring activities will not impact the existence of any current product lines.”

The company also sent the following statement:

In some cases, roles and responsibilities associated with particular businesses will be moved to other regions and office locations. VMware continues to invest in all of its offerings across the portfolio, with emphasis on our growth products.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Pinterest Mom posted:

wow that's the most boring thing I've ever read in this computer forum thanks for sharing

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

lol @ the most popular resolution still being 1366x768

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

firing all the devs and outsourcing it to China Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex