Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Voll's Protector is a pretty bad item though, unless you can get a 6l you might as well be using a Tabula with a PCoC gem (looks like Tabs and a 5l Voll's are right about the same price, but Tabula doesn't have to worry about obnoxious off color slots). I can see them nerfing Discharge since Blade Vortex doesn't seem overly powerful on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZyrKx
Dec 10, 2006

Licorice Whip!

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Voll's Protector is a pretty bad item though, unless you can get a 6l you might as well be using a Tabula with a PCoC gem (looks like Tabs and a 5l Voll's are right about the same price, but Tabula doesn't have to worry about obnoxious off color slots). I can see them nerfing Discharge since Blade Vortex doesn't seem overly powerful on its own.

Voll's Protector is significantly better than PCoC gem, it gives power charges per enemy hit rather than per strike. So if you crit 5 enemies with one attack with Voll's you get 5 charges, with PCoC you'd only get 1.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

ZyrKx posted:

Voll's Protector is significantly better than PCoC gem, it gives power charges per enemy hit rather than per strike. So if you crit 5 enemies with one attack with Voll's you get 5 charges, with PCoC you'd only get 1.

Oh, interesting, I didn't know that. Gotta read that item text really closely, jeez. I guess that may be a viable thing to hit on Voll's, then, just slow down the charge generation?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Voll's charge generation is just utterly loving stupid, and yeah, it probably needs to get hit. Which will likely end up turning all of the current Voll's protectors in the game into legacy items.

I have like four or five Voll's on standard so this is ok with me.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I do play on Standard, and yes, the thought also occurred to me. They might do the thing they did to Surgeon's flasks. So I went shopping for some Voll's Protectors today - without links they're cheap as dirt.

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.
Today's lesson: Always be clear when giving instructions to others.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I really hope they change make a legacy voll's protector and don't just nerf the mechanics in the back-end. I've got a 4g1b 5link that cost a lot.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
they might not touch Voll's at all and just nerf Blade Vortex or Discharge, mind

and gem mechanics don't get legacy'd

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
I'd be okay with that since the voll's will still be useful for a standard CoC build then. I'd only be concerned if the buffs were directed at the item and at the underlying mechanics so it would just get bricked instead of legacy'd.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Blade Vortex generating as many charges as it does is the root of the problem, imo. I have no idea what they can do that won't nerf it to oblivion though. Generating charges without blade vortex is fine, with blade vortex you're just at 7 charges forever and things get retarded.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Count Uvula posted:

The whole guild pretty much does not give a poo poo at all about the standard stash, as long as you don't do something dickish like take poo poo just to vendor/sell it.

This was a few pages back. But some of us(me) enjoy standard sometimes.

Count Uvula posted:

:confused: This sounds like an incredibly bad idea.

I thought so too, but after playing without the 10% dodge and spell dodge, I don't mind it. It's kinda dependent on you killing things very very quickly, so it might not be great in future patches. Also Arrow Dancing goes a long way to making a bow character safe as well.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 26, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

If you are in the guild, hit me up when I am on, I may have some stuff on standard that can help you.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

loving hell, is it so hard to put your goddamn name there when it your doing the typing, that thing is a nightmare to parse.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

You're in the guild on standard, yeah? There are a tonne of much, much better bows in the gstash. Just grab one.

Just generally raid the gstash for anything and everything that would be an upgrade. Most people don't care about it. I'll see if I've got some stuff I'm lugging around that I can dump in there, too.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm not in the guild right now, do I just PM one of the officers?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Assuming the OP is still accurate,

quote:

We have a guild. We used to have two, but now there's just the one. How to get invited, courtesy of skyl3lazer:

Don't PM me for an invite. PM Skyl3blazer with a link to your SA profile, and in your profile include your character name in there. Or just get on the IRC: #pathgoons @ irc.synirc.net
The officers are: katasi,(also available on IRC), bugsy, dbk, pokchu, budgie, Hauki. Skyl3lazer is our leader. If you PM someone on IRC for an invite, include a link to your SA profile and include your character name in there as well.

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.

Cerepol posted:

loving hell, is it so hard to put your goddamn name there when it your doing the typing, that thing is a nightmare to parse.

Yea I never undrestood why it did that. Usually you can use the clan tags to tell apart but since we're both in the goon clan, well...

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

I got a 5L lightning coil for my bladefall trapper; it's my first time using lightning coil and its so good. I don't think I've died in the last 10 levels. I'm at 82 now and not showing any signs of hitting the wall, this just might become my highest level league character. Bladefall trap is seriously great.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I hope you keep that white belt as a souvenir

ubermensch
Jul 21, 2000

This avatar and I go back 5 1/2 years. That relationship is approxiamtely 1000x more successful than 99% of the relationships on these forums.

Vasudus posted:

Blade Vortex generating as many charges as it does is the root of the problem, imo. I have no idea what they can do that won't nerf it to oblivion though. Generating charges without blade vortex is fine, with blade vortex you're just at 7 charges forever and things get retarded.

They have to nerf Discharge. Blade Vortex is really just the best method of generating all those charges so quickly right now, but it's not alone. I'm playing an RT Mjolnir Discharger without Voll's Protector and once you get HoT running with Romira's and Cyclone you are never out of power charges. So you'd have to nerf Romira's into unuseability as well. They would have to nerf every single item that generates a charge on hit (crit or otherwise) instead of attack and it's just easier to target Discharge. Not to mention that CoC and Mjolnir are still great without Discharge and that a lot of people can't use Discharge in the first place because the game engine shits itself if your build uses it right (also you can't see what is happening around you, which complicates a lot of situations).

Dewbag
Nov 4, 2009
Hey would someone mind adding me to whatever guild exists for EU? Tempbag is my char name. Dewbag is the account.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Zana being cheeky. I guess I'll give it a go...

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If someone has a level 7 master and doesn't read "scour the belt" as "scour the mastermod using the workbench", I don't think they would understand anything.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ranzear posted:

Zana being cheeky. I guess I'll give it a go...
She gave me one of these a little while ago. Got an Andvarius from it :whatup:

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Ok, so level 72 Hardcore talisman character, doing pretty good.

Questions about mechanics:
Does +% elemental on weapons on a belt affect hatred/added fire damage?

Does anything help level gems faster other than speed merciless dried lake runs over and over?

I see they nerfed Cast when damage taken + enduring cry (war crys are not spells now)... So is that why everyone is running higher level CWDT + Immortal call?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Does anything help level gems faster other than speed merciless dried lake runs over and over?

Look on the brightside of this, you might get a Brittle Emperor card and make a few exalteds.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I see they nerfed Cast when damage taken + enduring cry (war crys are not spells now)... So is that why everyone is running higher level CWDT + Immortal call?

Because CWDT Immortal Call is still great way to deal with damage spikes and it doesn't take much to manually pop out Enduring Cry as needed (quarter second base cast time ain't poo poo)

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Increased elemental damage with weapons increases all elemental damage you do with an attack - hatred, hoa, ptl, flat elemental damage on equipment, anything

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

megalodong posted:

Increased elemental damage with weapons increases all elemental damage you do with an attack - hatred, hoa, ptl, flat elemental damage on equipment, anything

Thanks, I got a belt that's good but only has room for a +elemental damage with weapons master craft for prefix. Has life/armor/resists and wante dto see what i had available.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Yes. It affects any elemental damage you deal with a weapon, as long as you're attacking it will work.

Running a higher level maps and Untainted Paradise will give you more gem experience because they give more experience.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

quote:

January Development Update
Hi guys!

There has been a lot going on since the release of Talisman in December, so I wanted to take some time to update you on a few things we're working on.

Ascendancy
We're planning to release the Ascendancy expansion (2.2.0) in early March. The Talisman challenge leagues end on the 3rd (US time), and the deployment of Ascendancy will likely occur in time for the weekend.

We're currently in the final stages of creating/polishing content and internally testing the Labyrinth. We will probably run a short test on our Alpha servers (with existing testers at this stage - please don't message us about it. We'll let you know in the news if we're seeking more testers).

We will start announcing more Ascendancy classes in a few days. There's each one for the Marauder, Ranger and Templar coming up this week. We also have some new skills and other bits and pieces to announce in the coming weeks.

Trade System
As I write this, I can see Jonathan working on trade improvements. They'll be deployed in several stages this year. The first stage, substantially improved APIs, is expected around the release of Ascendancy in March. Other stages later this year include things like cross-instance trading and some other heavily-requested trade features (not an Auction House).

[snip]

neat.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

what are APIs?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Wafflecopper posted:

what are APIs?

A set of instructions and tools for a program, better APIs mean a variety of things from just plain improvements to allowing other partys to make use of the API to do things with the original program, such as scouring data etc,

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Wafflecopper posted:

what are APIs?

The API in question makes it much easier for poe.trade and similar sites to get data from the game. Don't think there will be any visible changes in game.

J
Jun 10, 2001

One of the things they specifically mentioned at one point was allowing tools like poe.trade to get more accurate information about if a player is online, for example.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

loving blessed orb got stuck in a wall.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Any reccomendations for a raging spirits summoner build?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

StashAugustine posted:

Any reccomendations for a raging spirits summoner build?

use meatshields

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
:laffo:

http://imgur.com/v53dkbS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
idly wondering how many 5Ls one would normally flip before encountering a 6L, on average

• Locked thread