Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Looking forward to these guys getting what's coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I wonder how the militia will respond and who will step up as the defacto leader now.

Seems like the stage is set for Super Sheriff Pete to step up to the plate. How convenient for him. :tinfoil:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
https://twitter.com/occupied_burns/status/692166254895960064

https://twitter.com/occupied_burns/status/692166958696042498

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I wonder how the militia will respond and who will step up as the defacto leader now.
I have rather bad news for them about the average life expectancy of someone who's position can be described as "#2 in [x] terrorist group".:v:

:getin:

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

UV_Catastrophe posted:

I'm hoping the less committed of them are suddenly losing their appetite for this little LARPing adventure.

This has pretty much been my thought from the beginning. You can't stop the devotees, but you can potentially scare the poo poo out of the moderates.

I genuinely hope no one is seriously injured.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!
It's good this happened before they got to meet with their collaborator Sheriff in Grant County.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

fade5 posted:

I have rather bad news for them about the average life expectancy of someone who's position can be described as "#2 in [x] terrorist group".:v:

:getin:

no, "get out"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Abner Cadaver II posted:

It's good this happened before they got to meet with their collaborator Sheriff in Grant County.

By the way, when are they going to recall that treasonous motherfucker, huh?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Holy balls, something actually happened! Now if only they can get the rest of these clowns safely in lockdown without anything horrible happening. Also, properly charging them without running into right wing moron pressure.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

UV_Catastrophe posted:

If they don't collapse and capitulate, probably whoever's the craziest and has the ability to get the most radical people on his side.

The thing is, Bundy was crazy but not totally willing to actually be a terrorist. He wanted his big conflict to turn the citizens against the government, but I don't think he actually wanted to go out and do violence in the town to incite the fight. Someone like Jon Ritzenheimer may be volatile enough to round up the troops and get ready to kill.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

It may, in fact, be :siren: happening :siren:.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I wanna see some BLOOD where's the blood

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

They need to delay the raid until daylight so we can get a drone flying overhead to livestream the gunfight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Well folks, roadblocks and barricades. This is it. The end. I pray you all go peacefully. Try and have a little dignity.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/LesZaitz/status/692170478425935876

Wasn't he the guy involved with the last stand off? The one behind setting up snipers and poo poo?

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe
this is going to be awesome

no more blue balls!

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

chitoryu12 posted:

They need to delay the raid until daylight so we can get a drone flying overhead to livestream the gunfight.

That's what night vision is for. I want to see some ROI for the billions sunk in the MIC. Put up the live stream!

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Wasn't he the guy involved with the last stand off? The one behind setting up snipers and poo poo?

Semi wonder if the Feds gonna be slightly brutal with this as payback to being blue balled for so long but I cant really bring my self to care.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I hope he's okay so he can go to loving Jail

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ceiling fan posted:

That's what night vision is for. I want to see some ROI for the billions sunk in the MIC. Put up the live stream!

We had loving aerial drone coverage of the Boston Bombers' final showdown, and that was with a lot less warning.

Let's do this thing.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ceiling fan posted:

Twitch plays WACO

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Parade the body through the streets. Kill all who attempt to recover it and add them to the pile!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm wondering how a raid is going to go with the terrain on the land. It's really open and the militia occupied a fire watch tower with snipers. I'm guessing a conflict will begin with either the watch tower shooting at approaching cops unless the police shoot first.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
It occurs to me that this could be insanely bad, depending on how things play out here.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm wondering how a raid is going to go with the terrain on the land. It's really open and the militia occupied a fire watch tower with snipers. I'm guessing a conflict will begin with either the watch tower shooting at approaching cops unless the police shoot first.

Yeah with "snipers" aka the same chuckle fuckes who bout a $1400 rifle and probably still can't shoot it right and have no actual training beyond shooting 300 yards at their local NRA rage's "long range" lane.

I wouldn't worry about snipers when you have actually trained marksmen on the SWAT teams.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

GreyjoyBastard posted:

We had loving aerial drone coverage of the Boston Bombers' final showdown, and that was with a lot less warning.

Let's do this thing.

that was in the middle of boston. half of the video was from people filming from their front porch

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

chitoryu12 posted:

One can only hope, maybe they'll learn to not take over towers because they look cool.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Les saitz

Local government official in error on report that Ryan Payne was shot. We are awaiting LE statement.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

It's an attempt at Firewatch viral marketing. :tinfoil:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

UV_Catastrophe posted:

It occurs to me that this could be insanely bad, depending on how things play out here.

Dehumanize yourself and face unto bloodshed :unsmigghh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

it depends who's doing it and what equipment they have. hopefully there hasn't been any shortcuts taken in getting this group equipped and ready to go with the support they need.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Crain posted:

Yeah with "snipers" aka the same chuckle fuckes who bout a $1400 rifle and probably still can't shoot it right and have no actual training beyond shooting 300 yards at their local NRA rage's "long range" lane.

I wouldn't worry about snipers when you have actually trained marksmen on the SWAT teams.

My concern is that any attempt at a bloodless siege is pretty drat unlikely. Unless the FBI preemptively deploys snipers and pulls a Ruby Ridge on them, the guys in the tower are liable to:

A) See the cops before anyone else in the refuge

B) Begin shooting on sight.

If we're gonna have a bloody raid, then by God I hope it's an entertaining one.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

One can only hope, maybe they'll learn to not take over towers because they look cool.

Correct, Prolly already a counter sniper team in place looking at the tower, its not like its a concealed place or anything.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

I assume part of the warning was getting police snipers trained on that tower and saying, "and if we see you make a move to raise your rifle we shoot"

The thing about being in a fire tower is that while you do have a great view of the surrounding land, you're also a hugely obvious target whose escape route is extremely unsecure

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.
Tanks

chitoryu12 posted:

Armored vehicles.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Les again, and I guess its Zaitz

Police say a statement will be released soon about developments involving law enforcement action and the refuge occupiers. Details scarce.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully they actually get charged with poo poo and don't just walk.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Hopefully they actually get charged with poo poo and don't just walk.

Once shots get fired I don't think there's any way criminal charges aren't happening.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
livestream from that guy who does the radio show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Volkerball posted:

livestream from that guy who does the radio show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVWykMKiOjU

oh poo poo are they running?

• Locked thread